06: The inseparable duo P1- The stranger insisting he's not human

Rollercoaster of a Life time

Music was one of the loudest classes I had ever been in and that's just me taking in the conversations between the seven boys around me.

Each of them found a way to switch the topic around within a matter of seconds and before you knew it, the group would be arguing back and forth with nobody to stop them unless Suga (who I learnt was Yoongi but preferred to go by Suga nonetheless) would actually decide to try and stop them, however, that never happened and usually Jin (who I also learnt went by the shorter version of his name which happened to be Seokjin) ended up being the one to stop them, threatening the six by saying he wouldn't be making lunch for them anymore and they would have to suffer eating the school's food.

At this, they'd all apologised within seconds before Rap Monster (whose real name was Namjoon) turned to face me as he insisted I try Jin's food as it was by far the best.

Before anybody else could say anything, Jin had perked up in his seat as he said with much excitement to both his voice and expression, "I simply must cook for you! Oh, I'm sure you'll love it. Is it okay if I bring you something tomorrow?"

Looking at him in surprise, I nodded hesitantly, unable to put my finger on what he reminded me of in that moment.

"Pssst," a voice called, earning my attention as I turned to find myself looking at the box-smile boy with kind eyes.

"If you're wondering, he reminds you of a mother," he offered before glancing at Jin once again and when I looked at him, I realized that Taehyung was correct. Jin was like a mother the way he stopped the fights and was more eager than ever to cook for new people. And let's not forget he liked the way he looked like most mothers did; at least I think so.

Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I glanced up to find one of the two from the duo with the bunny tooth smile staring in my direction (I'm pretty sure his name is something -kook but I couldn't be too sure) with his eyes narrowed as he analysed me.

When he noticed me looking, his eyes widened a fraction before he looked away and moved a bit closer to his friend, Tae.

Tae, noticing his friend's movement, turned to face the light brown haired boy with the most beautiful eyes and shyest of smiles and grinned, he asked, "Kookie, is something wrong?"

When hearing the question, all five of the boys turned to look at Kookie who just smiled and shook his head as he showed thumbs up.

"Okay everyone, it's almost the end of the period and I really hope you all got to speak your hearts out today because you won't get the chance tomorrow. I have something special in store for you and I want to keep it surprise!" the perky teacher exclaimed as she grinned, jumping a bit which allowed a few strands to escape her bun.

Her brown eyes scanned the class before she finally calmed down.

Everyone stayed silent, obviously seeming to know what was coming next and don't think it took a rocket scientist to figure out that she was going to ask something and by the looks of it, it was something serious.

"Jamie," she called out, catching me by surprise and only making everyone else in the class turn to face me.

"Yes?" I asked softly, tilting my head as I tried to figure out what it was she was doing exactly.

"What are dreams to you? What do you think of them?"

Caught completely off guard, I stared at her unsurely, wondering whether she really expected me to answer and when she tilted her head as if to say 'well...?' I knew I was supposed to give an actual answer.

"A dream is something, I honestly believe, you work your way towards. No matter how small or big, it is a goal you one day hope to achieve and though many believe they will not get there, everyone believes in it and works their entire life toward that."

When I was finished speaking, I gulped upon remembering what had been said to me days ago by Suga.

"Hey, newbie, some advice. At this school, your dreams don't matter."

"So that means I have eight students who haven't given up," she suddenly said, smiling in our general direction and I suppressed the urge to look at the boys who sat around me even as I felt their eyes on me once again.

"I'll keep that in mind and I'll see you tomorrow," she dismissed as the bell rang for the end of the day.

Standing up, I turned to look at the seven boys, wanting to ask any one of them that would actually give me an answer where I could find the school's lost and found in the hopes that someone had taken my school bag there, but before I could even utter a word, J-Hope and Jimin both turned to me, clicking their fingers as they quickly said, "We have it!"

At those words, my mind began to wander as I tried to think of what exactly it was they were referring to.

For all I knew, they were talking about some serum that would turn me into some kind of horse mutant or maybe even give me powers which would allow me the chances to save the world and bring hope back to the students, but then one fateful day, something will go wrong and I'll end up turning evil and needing to be killed where these seven gorgeous men would come in with powers of their own and we'd have this massive battle that ends in a blood bath however, was effective as they manage to turn me good once again, but at the sight of millions of dead bodies, I feel terrible and insist we find a way to save them. So we go on a mission in search of someone who can somehow help all those who died or maybe even bring them back, but-

"Jamie!" a voice exclaimed, pulling me out of my thoughts as Jimin held my bag out to me which I gratefully proceeded to take, ignoring the worried gazes of the six.

"It happens too often with her. Now let's go before the bus leaves," Suga muttered as he walked on ahead, Jimin greeting me before following after the (I'm just assuming of course, since none of them told me their age), elder boy.

"You're all going with the bus?" I find myself asking which once again caught their attention.

Looking over at me, Namjoon nodded, smiling as he explained, "We're all going to Suga's house today."

An understanding nod came from me as my eyes met the clock hanging above the whiteboard that read a little after four and I promise you I would have continued just standing there before I remembered that it was Wednesday meaning my grandmother had to take her pill before she ate her supper.

"Jamster-"

"I have to go," I interrupted, slinging my bag over my shoulder, about to walk out when I was stopped.

Looking over, Taehyung pouted at me as he asked, "Can we walk with you until the front doors?"

The question caught me a little off guard as I stared at the cuteness that was him when he pouted (I promise you, he is killing me right now because honestly, how can someone possibly be this cute when pouting? I look like a bloated fish of some kind when I pout, I mean, seriously!), his hand tightening its grip on my wrist.

My eyes shifted over to Namjoon and J-Hope (did I mention that his real name is Hoseok, but he prefers J-Hope because he wants to be everyone's hope?) who looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer.

When I looked over at Jin, I noticed he had his hands laced together and a pleading look in his eye.

Finally, I looked at Jungkook (I swear I had the biggest celebration when I remembered his name all by myself, but that's for me to know and nobody to find out, so this is our secret) whose eyes were wide, the innocence in him visible if you looked close enough and when Tae nudged him, he too brought on a pout, topping it with the puppy dog eye.

Groaning, I almost regretted the next word that left my mouth as I finally gave in to the five, "Fine, fine, you can walk with me to the front doors."

All of them grinned within a matter of seconds and I swear, I could see the moment they'd started mentally celebrating, but I just didn't get why. It was stupid to celebrate getting to walk to the front doors with me of all people.

Taehyung released my wrist as the five of them started walking, me following a little behind them all.

I watched the way Namjoon and Jin interacted; how Jin would be speaking and Namjoon would just zone out, but when the other noticed, he would gently hit him on the arm, frown and ask if he was boring the (again, I assume to be) younger boy to which he replied with a shake of his head and assured the elder that he - and here is where he would fill in an excuse. When the excuse would leave his lips, Jin would look hurt, but hide it well, nod and continue walking.

Namjoon then reached out and caught his wrist, pulling him to his side and grinning as he apologised and asked for Jin to continue. This made Jin's eyes light up before he eagerly continued speaking.

J-Hope walked alone beside with his hands in his pockets and a grin as he watched the interaction between his two friends and I knew he didn't mind being alone if it meant his friends were happy; you could tell just by looking.

"What's on your mind?" a voice asked from beside me, making me jump a few feet away before I realized that it was only Tae. Could I even call him that? What if he only wanted his friends to call him that? And suddenly it dawned on me that maybe my entire existence amongst this group was probably me interfering. I was barging in and it was the last thing I wanted. I didn't even know if they wanted me there, let alone if I could see the group as friends any time in the future.

Instead, I forced a small smile as I shook my head.

"I just need to head home, that's all."

He frowned, but nevertheless nodded as he eyed me unsurely before smiling again, pointing out his umbrella as though it were a sword as he said, "Well, there we are. Only a few more steps, and we'll be released from this prison!"

Giggling, I nodded slightly, "But we have to return tomorrow-"

He quickly covered my mouth and put a finger over his lips as he whispered to me, "Shh, if you don't say it, it may no longer be true and that would mean that this is our last time escaping this horrible prison."

Rolling my eyes, I gently pushed his hand off, looking away as I muttered, "Dream on, weirdo."

"Alien."

Frowning, I looked over at him in confusion to which he grinned again and I swear, he grinned so much I was almost one hundred per cent positive his face would fall off.

"I'm an alien, not a weirdo."

I blankly stared at him in response.

He preferred alien to weirdo? Usually people didn't even like being considered weird or odd or different; they wanted to be normal like everyone else they wanted. But then you got this boy who insisted he was not a weirdo, but instead an alien.

They were different. They are different.

"This is where we say goodbye," J-Hope spoke as we exited the building into the pouring rain.

"We should make a run for the bus," Jin offered and everyone nodded I agreement before they all did as suggested, calling out goodbyes to me as they did so.

However, when I turned, ready to begin my walk, I found myself facing Tae and Jungkook.

"You're walking?"

I nodded and my eyes widened as an umbrella was gently pushed into my hands and a smile made way to the boy's face.

"Don't get sick," he instructed before turning to Jungkook who simply stared at him before he said, "Let's hurry, Kookie. They're waiting."

And the two ran off, Tae calling out a goodbye and Jungkook giving a slight nod of his head.

As I opened the umbrella and began my walk, I couldn't help but find myself liking how different they were to most people.

But like everyone, surely they must have some kind of burden in their lives. They are only human.

"Jamie, no. That's a thought for another day," I whispered to myself, closing my eyes as I heard the familiar and most missed sound of the rain tapping against the umbrella in such a peaceful manner, that in that moment, I finally had a quiet mind.

No memories of the past, no worries of the future; just a mind focused on the calmness of the rain. I was at ease.