22: Long Awaited Projects

Rollercoaster of a Life time

My first day back since my grandmother's funeral was utterly shocking.

I ended up attacked, tackled and squeezed multiple times, but I didn't really mind because my reaction was quite similar as Tazneen and I made eye contact with each other on our way to our lockers.

"Well this certainly looks fun," we hear a voice from behind, causing the two of us to release the tight hug we had on each other to look at the owner who shrugged and smiled. Although it wasn't his gummy smile, it was refreshing to be on his good side instead of his bad the rest of my life.

However, as I turn back to Tazneen, I see the way her eyes stray away from Yoongi and move onto the person who approached from behind looking unusually sullen.

"Taehyung?" I call him out, watching as he looks up with wide eyes before he does it.

He does the thing him and his whole group have grown so accustomed to, they had all forgotten that it was okay to not be okay; he forced a smile as he pulled up his façade.

"Kim Taehyung," I say with as much sternness as I could possibly draw.

He lifts his eyes to mine and bites his lip; a sign I noted that meant he was worrying over something. I've learnt from past mistakes not to bring it up so instead, I offer him my best smile and skip over, nudging him with my shoulder, arms behind my back and a wide set grin spreading and eating up the small smile.

"Let's go get you something for that frown," I whisper so that only he can hear me.

I want to be able to make him smile, but I don't seem to be very good at that so I suggest this because no matter what anybody says, food is always the route to the heart or even simple happiness.

Taehyung catches on quickly, rolling his eyes as he suppresses a smile which has me mentally fist pumping the air at my accomplished mission I hadn't even started yet.

It was a newly set record and I couldn't be more satisfied.

As I open my mouth to say something again, my eyes shift over to the approaching boy with a happy grin that we now all knew not to believe until we've made extra sure.

This time, however, he doesn't approach us alone.

Kira is beside him in our school uniform and her hair tied into a tight bun and drawn out of her face unlike when we first encountered one another.

This time, her eyes were different.

As we waited for them to reach us, I couldn't help but feel for her. Upon the drive back to her home when Hoseok's mother dropped her and her mother and little siblings off from the hospital, I'd found that Hoseok wasn't just another guy she was dating.

She honestly and truly loved him and I was happy for him.

Of course, I couldn't say the same for the rest of their girlfriends. I didn't much like them because from my point of view, they were too preppy and chirpy (more so than what could be defined as normal) or they were outright mean and terrible cough Rebecca cough.

"KIRA! HOSEOK!" I scream out as I run to them and pull them both in for tight hugs.

Their eyes were filled with so much fear and pain that it felt like a crime to not hug them.

"We missed you," I whisper to the both of them however, they knew who my words were mainly directed at. Said person smiled a bit wider, "How could you not?" he joked.

His tone gave away the fact that he just wanted things to be normal and from what I understood, that was what usually happened after each of his attempts (it wasn't the first and this scared the living crap out of me because he was such an amazing and hope giving boy who deserved all things good. He deserved to be happier than the entire earth), but unfortunately for him, he got stuck with me as a friend having things suddenly become normal wasn't exactly an easy task for me.

But by the look I was receiving from Yoongi and Taehyung, I knew I would just have to it up.

"Who knows? Our days have been stormy without your sunshiny face there," I respond, easing a bit as I see the smile spread across his face.

Kira, upon noticing this, smiles too and soon, the whole lot of us are grinning like complete idiots right up until the bell rang and we turned to each other as if waiting for some sort of signal before we walked off to our classes.

"So which way?" Seokjin asks and everyone points in their own directions.

Tazneen, Jimin, Hoseok and I are one way while Jin, Taehyung, Namjoon, Yoongi and Kira are the other way.

"See you guys at lunch?" Jin asks softly with a small tilt of his head.

"Don't we have music before break?" Yoongi asks in confusion and everyone looks to Namjoon who's eyes turn wide because for the life of him, he couldn't remember.

Unfortunately, we couldn't ask Tazneen either seeing as she did art and not music.

Its silent for a few moments as each of us try to remember and at the moment, being late to class is the least of our worries.

Fortunately, not everyone followed the rules and Namjoon recognised a friend of his passing by who also happened to be in our music class.

He strides over to his friend with much confidence. All we can do is watch and hope.

"Guys, lets pray," Jimin suddenly says and I'm surprised when nobody questions his words; instead everyone takes hold of each other's hands, lowers their heads and closes their eyes as we do exactly that.

After a minute of praying, we hear the familiar sound of footsteps clicking on the ground and Namjoon snickers, "Did they pull you into this too Jamster?"

I'm not even surprised that Namjoon is so used to this; they probably do it on a regular basis considering how quickly it had taken them to grab each other's hands and lower their heads but really, who was I to judge?

Could you really blame me?

"It would seem so. Turns out we're all wrong. We have music now," Namjoon says with a roll of his eyes before pointing, "That way."

All of us seem to mutter incoherently as those who had been heading in the opposite direction turn and begin following the rest of them. The halls were quiet by now, all students having found their way to their classes.

This was the latest I've ever been (I couldn't speak for the boys because for all I know, they'd been late a lot of the time before I arrived or just when they started schooling here).

We all look to each other as we arrive outside the doors and eventually, annoyed with the fact that we were already late enough, Jin steps forward and opens the door, entering silently with a smile before walking over to the teacher, ready to apologise.

She doesn't let us though.

Instead, she greets us cheerfully and asks us to take our seats.

We have a strong suspicion that she's up to something but nevertheless we do as she has asked. She's the only teacher we don't mentally decapitate in the whole of the entire school so we never questioned her ways.

As she turns around to face us, her hair falling out of its bun in the process and reaching her shoulders (I'm sure it grew, but for the life of me I couldn't be sure).

Her smile says it all.

She is up to sometjing.

"So class, I believe it is delayed, but sure enough, I will be announcing your project as promised."

We all wait and it's silent as hell (which isn't probably silent seeing as it's extremely hot. There would probably be a lot of screaming unless unicorns magically went to save the day-)

An arm nudges me out of my trance and I don't have to look to know who it is.

Or so I thought.

Out of curiosity, I glance out of the corner of my eye to see that it's Namjoon who hardly ever did so.

The most concerning factor in this part was that he was in Jungkook's seat. I don't very much listen to what the teacher says as my eyes scan the room in search of the boy meant to be seated beside me.

I find him five boys away from me.

He's looking at me, but when my eyes meet his, he immediately looks away.

I try to signal him out, but it's no use.

I don't know what the deal with him is and I suppose I don't much have to worry about figuring it out.

"The groups for this project will be-" I zone out again as I try for the thousandth time.

My mind is racing and I feel another nudge and I want to ignore it, but something has me ignoring my current mission to catch Jungkook's attention and instead turn to the teacher as she reads out the second last group.

"Jackson, Seokjin, Jungkook, Hoseok and Jamie."

My heart stops.

I swear that for a whole minute; a whole sixty seconds, my heart stopped in that moment.