12: Goodbye

Rollercoaster of a Life time

It was a week before the examinations and I could feel myself becoming gradually stressed as time went on because yes, I did always keep my books as up to date as possible and I was never late to class nor did I miss one, but that wasn't the problem.

The problem was understanding it all.

There was always this constant fear that someone was watching me that had appeared the day of the letter which was only a few days ago.

And in case you're wondering, the boys have gone AWAL. Honestly, the last time I saw any of them was the day they'd all slept over; not that I was worried. I finally got a break from the seven idiots after months of trying to shake them off (at least, that's what I keep telling myself).

However, as I walked from class to class, I realized how much I really missed peeving Yoongi when I happened to bump into him or how Hoseok and Jimin would always make it a thing to find me before any class and greet me as though we hadn't just seen each other, even if I didn't greet back; how Jin would drag Namjoon by his ear to the class he was trying to skip and how Taehyung and Jungkook would smile and wave at me before scolding Jimin for trying to interrupt 'our moment'.

And what the most was that I had gone back to sitting alone at the lunch table because even if we weren't that close, they were the only people I communicated with at the school.

As I walked into the cafeteria, I could imagine the way the sign above my head flashed loner as I made my way to my old table where I'd sat before I met the seven idiots. My table had been too small to fit all of us so we'd gone to theirs which could hold at least thirteen people if you squeezed in properly which was a huge advantage and also a disadvantage because, well, random people would sit beside us.

However, what I wasn't expecting when I sat down was Rachel, one of their girlfriends', to come over with the rest of them, each of them having their arms crossed.

"Why are you here?" Jaelyn asked softly with a frown, being one of two of the only ones who hadn't actually crossed their arms.

At the question, I felt a frown form as I didn't quite understand why she was asking.

"I'm here to get an education and to eat lunch, I guess. Why are you guys here?" I tried to ask mainly out of politeness, but obviously that wasn't the case as I was hit upside the head by none other than Rachel herself who glared daggers into me.

"We're not asking for that reason, idiot."

"Then why...?" I tried to ask, trailing off as they all looked at a loss for words. They didn't know how to say what they wanted to say, I could see it in each one of their eyes.

"Tell me," I finally spoke, the demand in my voice quite audible; much more than I expected it to be as they continued to stand their speechlessly.

Eventually, one of them nudged Caryn who took a step forward, eyes gone wide with disbelief, almost as if they'd just thrown her into a shark tank without any oxygen tank, scuba diva suite or any means of hope to survive.

But the look was gone when she turned to me, eyes saddened.

"They didn't message you?"

"They disappeared off the face of the earth so of course they didn't message me!" I exclaim out of pure annoyance. I was getting impatient and they weren't helping at all.

Standing in an attempt to make myself taller, I crossed my arms, but of course, all of them were taller than me so no matter how high I stood on my tiptoes, I was still the shortest. I eyed each one of them until finally, all of their eyes landed on Caryn once again who sighed, a sign that she, too, was getting tired of this.

Finally, after what felt like hours, she gave in.

"They're at the hospital," Caryn says before adding, "Not sure if she'll make it, according to the doctors."

In that moment, my entire body froze and my eyes were the size of golf balls.

She had to make it...

*-*-*

I stormed through those doors like my life depended on it, only it wasn't my life, but hers that did.

By the time I reached her room where my footsteps had began echoing as I ran, earning the attention of everyone outside the room, I was a sobbing mess.

Jungkook and Taehyung both stood, embracing me as I stumbled and fell to my knees which had given in under all of this. I was incapable of carrying my body anymore so instead of fighting against their holds, a strangled sob escaped my lips.

I really should have been more embarrassed to be seen crying in front of seven gorgeous boys, but that didn't matter because I had no clue what was happening or whether she would make it.

My heart pounded in my ears and as my cries began to lessen and my weight become heavier and heavier as my body gave in to my exhaustion from the running and crying I had done from school until the parking lot of the hospital only to occur in the hospital corridors again.

My mind was turning blank by the time I felt hands encircle me and my body lifted off of the two boys who smiled weakly at their hyung who sat me beside Hoseok's mother after the boys moved off of the waiting bench.

He'd laid me down so my legs ran along the bench and my head was rested on his mother's lap.

I tried fighting it, I honestly did. I didn't want to be lying down. I didn't want to sleep without knowing if my grandmother would make it, but my desire to sleep was stronger and soon, I was gone.

*-*-*

My grandmother didn't make it.

However, it wasn't her fault; in fact, she would have made it over time as she had finally began to recover. She was getting better. The past tense being was.

When I refused to leave the hospital, creating a huge scene that could have lost all of their incoming patients, they'd finally given in and told me the cause of death to which I had sincerely hoped that every single staff member there, involved or not, got screwed over or burnt because they probably deserved it.

My grandmother was recovering and they decided that they needed spare organs in case anyone who needed immediate operation needed those specific organs; even if it was just one.

They removed all of my grandmother's organs and put them in those refrigerator places to keep it from decaying or whatever organs did.

Ladies and gentlemen, they killed me recovering grandmother for accidents in the future and I know I'm repeating myself, but I could not care less. It honestly hurt; I thought I could trust them, but now? Now I absolutely despised all hospitals and doctors and nurses alike.

I refused to leave my house; I missed out on school for a week before I was forced to go. I needed to; I had to pass so I could graduate and leave the school sooner rather than later. No way was I staying an extra year.

And as time went on, it finally came the week before the funeral. I was required to look through her things as it was said she had kept her will with her.

So, here I was seated on the floor of her room, going through old photographs and looking inside her boxes and books she'd kept.

One specific book had caught my attention, making me pick it up. As I opened the black and blue notebook, a page slipped out; it was the will.

Opening it, my eyes scanned her familiar words and I was tearing up until one thing caught my attention.

What the...

"No way," I whisper to myself.