11: Anonymous

Rollercoaster of a Life time

 

A week after, I was told that my grandmother had fallen into a coma which worried me deeply, though I kept that to myself and the first of the boys to know, surprisingly, wasn't J-Hope this time. It was Min Yoongi; bitter sweet Suga.

So for the first few days, I stayed after school, not wanting to arrive home early to an empty house; I tended to think someone was watching me if I stayed alone for too long and although the boys had offered to come over and keep me company, I refused to have it.

I didn't need them making me feel safe; it was enough I was getting too close to them.

So imagine me walking home alone one late afternoon to have that feeling all the way until I reached my house.

It didn't even disappear as I entered the house and shut the door.

Now you see, we had one of those doors where you slipped the mail through the slot of the door so imagine my surprise when I looked down to the ground only to find a white and black envelope. When I say black, I mean it looked like it was half coloured in black marker.

As I picked it up, I frowned noticing that it had no address anywhere on it' only my name in big, block letters written in red marker.

"This is creepy," I mutter to myself.

Walking into the house after placing my coat on the hanger, I stopped by the kitchen and placed it down, my eyes scanning around until it settled on the apple in the fruit basket. I didn't feel like making myself something to eat so I decided I would have that instead.

So, washing off the apple, I took a bite and settled myself into the chair by the kitchen island.

My eyes kept going back to the envelope with no address which seemed to increase the worry and fear I felt.

When I got at least five bites out of the apple before I placed it down, unable to handle t any longer as I finally picked the envelope up and tore it open, my entire body freezing as I looked at the terrible, curved and rough hand writing. It felt like forever, but it was all too familiar.

It was one I'd hope to never see again in my life.

Of course, as I was too focused on the handwriting instead of the actual words, I didn't notice when the door had opened and closed (J-Hope's mother had a spare key for emergency purposes for when my grandmother was here and had locked herself in).

The moment I felt a hand on my shoulder, I let out the loudest shriek ever as I jumped off from the stool and turned, taking on a stance I'd seen in the karate kid (you know the stance: wax on, wax off, jacket on, drop the jacket, pick up the jacket and all that shnizz).

My eyes were shut, but when I opened them, I found myself staring at two confused faces.

"What the heck, Jamie?" Yoongi demanded with a frown, leaning a little back, obviously being the one to touch my shoulder as he was the one that was clutching his ear as if I had screamed into it.

I felt bad; it was always Yoongi suffering because of me, the poor guy.

Beside him, Jungkook was laughing which only earned a glare from me, I mean, really, why on earth was he laughing? Nothing about this was funny at all.

"Stop laughing already," Yoongi groaned making Jungkook shake his head and laugh harder.

"That scream was priceless and her expression, don't even get me started. Do you even know what to do besides that stance?" he asks making me stand up straight out of embarrassment because, no, I had no clue as to what to do aside from the stance. I guess I was just hoping that alone would scare people off.

With nothing else to say, I stood there as I waited for Jungkook to stop.

Thankfully, Yoongi got the message as he nudged the other and glared; probably a signal because sure enough, the younger had stopped laughing.

Crossing my arms, I looked at the two with a raised eyebrow, "Why are you two here exactly?"

At this, they both gave up glaring at each other (something the two of them did quite often for no particular reason, I presume) to look at me.

"We can't visit our dear friend, Jamie?" Yoongi asks with a tilt of his head, Jungkook soon copying him with the exception of a wide grin making way to his face that resembled a bunny-tooth smile too cute to handle.

"Well, I don't mind, but you realize it's Friday night? You guys always go to a party on a Friday night."

"Well, not tonight," a new voice says from the kitchen, obviously having come through the back door for some unknown reason and when I turned, I frowned at the sight. Before me stood Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin who all carried overstuffed bags.

When Taehyung and Jimin entered after, they each carried two bags.

"What the hell are you boys doing?" I can't help but ask to which Hoseok grins, all ready to tell me what was going on, but of course, Namjoon stopped everyone when he crashed into the fridge and dropped the bag causing a crash to occur as the broom fell from its spot beside the fridge and landed between us all, creating a line that separated Yoongi, Jungkook and myself from Namjoon, Jin, Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung.

"Kim Namjoon!" Jin exclaimed, eyes wide as he quickly turned to me and bowed in apology while Yoongi was the first to move forward, putting everything back where it belonged and grabbing the bag from the ground before Namjoon could.

"Give me the bags, I'll take them inside," Yoongi mutters and sure enough, all of them obey, not once questioning his behaviour. Of course, there was a reason for that.

"We'll go and get the snacks next door," Taehyung and Jungkook offer, Jimin already having followed Yoongi into the living room. Before I could ask anything, the two were out the door.

"We'll go and collect the pizza," Jin says as he grabs hold of Namjoon's arm and exits the house, leaving me alone in the kitchen with the sunshine of the group (don't question it, he really is like the sun, I promise you).

"So, are you going to be explaining this to me any time soon?" I ask and the other's grin widens.

"We didn't feel like getting all dressed up to go to some party that we'll only end up leaving early so we decided we'll have an all-nighter at your house!" he exclaims excitedly.

I can only groan; it would be a long, long all-nighter.

*-*-*

They were all passed out after twelve.

Boxes of pizzas and sweet wrappers and chip packets lay scattered on the floor, half empty glasses and empty cups sitting on the table, one or two untouched and the credits of Logan appearing on the screen.

As I sit on the couch, staring at the screen, my mind went back to that envelope with the hand writing that somehow still haunted me.

So, after going upstairs and fetching blankets to cover them all, I walked into the kitchen and reached for the top of the fridge where I had put the envelope. Grabbing it, I straightened and unfolded the letter as I read.

My entire body went cold.

James

Miss me?

:)

-Anon.