10: Girlfriends

Rollercoaster of a Life time

 

Ever since two weeks ago when the boys found out we share a birthday, they've been trying to see if there were any similarities between Suga and myself. However, they failed.

On the topic of the boys, while in their presence, I found out that each of them except for Yoongi were dating. However, none of them had been dating for as long as J-Hope and Kira had been. Apparently, they'd been dating for two years, but then again, I could have misheard.

Jin and Emily, the girl I'd met one of my first few days here for the past seven months and apparently, they suited each other quite well.

Jimin was dating Rebecca, the red haired best friend of Emily's that just never seemed to stop glaring at me and to be honest, I didn't see the two of them together. By that, I mean I don't really think they suited each other and they've been dating for four months.

Taehyung was dating a tallish girl with brunette curls and a grin that seemed forced a lot of the time. She walked with her head high and always tried cheering others up. They were alike in some ways and different in others and I really believe they were suited for each other. She went by the name of Jaelyn and the two had been dating for four months.

Jungkook was dating a girl with dyed orange hair that made her brown eyes stand out. She was shorter than most, but definitely taller than me. She often wore a scarf every time of the year because she hated the way her chest and neck looked. Her name was Evelyn Baker and they were dating for three months.

Namjoon was dating Caryn Jensen, a girl who had her hair in her face almost every chance she got because she used it as a curtain to hide from the rest of the school. She was shy but outgoing when you actually got to know her. She wore glasses when she remembered to and wore the two wore matching bracelets with the other's initial's on them. Her black hair and pale appearance gave way to let people believe that she was gothic; she wasn't. She was anything but and they were dating for nine and a half months.

Each girl was really nice in their own way, but because I was the only girl in the group, some of them didn't like me. And if they did like me before, they no longer did.

In case you were wondering why I'd brought it up, it's because I was currently standing at my usual lunch table as I stared down at the boys and their girlfriends. Every spot was taken and they had yet to notice me despite the fact that only ten minutes had passed.

And as I listened to individual conversations, I questioned bothering to make my presence known.

Each of them were having their own googoo conversations that made me want to gag so instead of waiting to be noticed, I slammed my tray onto the table, making all eyes turn to me. When that finally happened, I smiled bitterly and turned around as I left the cafeteria. I'd lost my appetite watching the whole lot of them like that. Like, I loved romance and all, but it was getting too much and I hated when they just stopped paying attention to the people around them and focused only on their partner.

So here I was, walking silently down the corridors and to my locker as I had nothing better to do when a call came from behind. Stopping in my tracks and turning at an angle, I noticed him.

His mop of familiar black hair against his pale skin and his ever present frown made it hard to go unnoticed as the one and only boy who complained about me following him for so long that he swore there was a magnet pulling us together approached me.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Min Yoongi walked over to me with a brown paper bag in his one hand.

With my hands in my pockets and my hair in my face, I watched through the long pieces as he stopped in front of me, eyes narrowing into a glare before he handed tat parcel to me.

When I was about to decline it, he scolded me.

"You probably haven't eaten so take it. It's that stupid stuff you're always ordering," he mumbled the last part as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked away, swaying to and fro on his feet with a scowl that somehow made him look younger.

I couldn't help but smile at the thoughtful gesture.

And just as I was about to thank him and walk off, I remembered that he wasn't like the rest; he wasn't dating anyone. So instead, I called out his name and when he looked, I grinned.

"Want to eat lunch together?"

He didn't respond immediately and it wasn't in words.

Instead, he stepped forward and began walking beside me as he said, "If that's what you call lunch, then sure. You'll die pretty soon though."

Running to catch up with him, I scolded at the very idea.

Skittles was one of the most amazing sweets ever created in sweet history and therefore, were instantly allowed on the 'as lunch' list. It didn't fill you, but that didn't matter.

As I jogged over to Yoongi, I frowned.

"Why don't you have one?"

At my question, he raises his eyebrow sceptically. I guess I could have phrased that better.

"Why don't you have a girlfriend, Yoongi?" I ask as I try to keep up with him but for a lazy person, he walked fast and that's coming from me.

"Does it even matter, Jamie?" he asks me in a tone I do not recognize and that has me freezing in my spot. Ladies and gentlemen, in case I have forgotten to inform you, Min Yoongi was well known for the rumours that went around about him. All of them were anything but good and one that I'd heard around my first week here was that when his tone of voice changed, you needed to run because all hell would break lose.

But I would take that risk because who are we kidding, I didn't believe any of those rumours and I wouldn't believe it.

"Don't Jamie me, Min Yoongi, just answer the question. Do you like one of them then?" I continued despite watching as his nostrils flared and his hands clenched into tight fists.

"Shut up."

"Tell me!"

"Jamie-"

"Yoongi!" a voice called from behind making me glance back to see Caryn, Namjoon's girlfriend jogging over to the two of us with a bright smile as she held out a text book to which Yoongi gladly accepted, thanking her softly.

I didn't miss it though; the gentle, rarely seen smile from Yoongi or the light blush that tinted his cheeks as I zoned out of their conversation.

Yoongi looked so different then.

When she left, I could not help but smirk as he turned to me before glaring, "What?"

"I didn't peg her as your type. So you go for sweet people, huh?"

"Shut up," he nearly yells before storming off, me following as I laugh loudly. It was cute and this