BONUS: Communication is Key

Breakthrough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayoung didn’t want to ask this question, but it was something that was really bothering her. She couldn’t just let it go.

 

“Jieqiong, would you consider I’m a person who’s ‘playing hard to get’?”

 

Jieqiong responded with a buffundled look. The question was very out of the blue. The two had been studying in silence for the past two hours.

 

Nonetheless, Jieqiong decides to give her short-handed two cents. “I don’t think so. I just thought you were a shy person and I didn’t want to bother you about it until you were ready or until you know,” she scratches her neck, “I got sick of it.”

 

Nayoung nods, remembering their moment in front of her apartment. She wonders if that’s what she really was this entire time, even with her previous ex-boyfriend.

 

As Nayoung further reflects, Jieqiong is pestered by the recurred silence, especially after a loaded question. “Nayoung, where did that come from?”

 

Nayoung looks back at Jieqiong. She contemplated whether she should bring up Seungcheol or her hallmates. She worries she’s going to have to bring up Jonghyun. She’s back to her last resort: telling Jieqiong “not to worry about it”.

 

The words are about to leave , but then she thinks again.

 

Jieqiong’s her girlfriend.

 

And if they want to work things out, there shouldn't be any secrets between them. Not anymore.

 

Nayoung puts her pencil down. Jieqiong notices the sudden serious aura in the study room. She decides to put her laptop to sleep and give Nayoung her undivided attention. This was a new step in their relationship and although Jieqiong preferred to be studying for her midterm, she knew she needed to listen in order for their relationship to work out.

 

Nayoung purses her lips and twiddles her thumbs. “I… had a boyfriend… and our communication was pretty bad… even worse than ours.”

 

Jieqiong hates how Nayoung was speaking cautiously; she had a bad feeling about where the conversation was going. Nonetheless, she could tell this isn’t something Nayoung was comfortable talking about, so she gave her the benefit of the doubt.

 

“My hallmates used to tease me that I was just playing hard to get. I guess I kinda was because I was scared of giving him a lot of attention and I was waiting for him to give me some.”

 

Jieqiong noticed Nayoung wasn’t going to continue. She was preparing herself to comfort Nayoung, going along with the lines of “do what makes you comfortable” and “you don’t have to force yourself to act a certain way”.

 

As if Nayoung’s first question didn’t startle Jieqiong, she throws another loaded question. “Is it weird that I think about you everyday?”

 

Jieqiong is flustered to say the least. She has always wanted to receive praise from Nayoung but if she was going to compliment her like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter