PLEASE READ: My Apology

Breakthrough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hi everyone,

 

First of all, I just really want to thank every single one of you for the love and support you gave me and this story. <3 I wrote this story to express the insecurities of my personal relationship. It seemed like a common thing that no one talked about and I wanted to encompass that. Like let’s be real: relationships are awkward. You learn to grow onto the person if you didn’t do so originally. I kinda wanted to show that process. I received a lot of support saying people related to the awkward beginning and I was inspired to teach people that it’s okay to be awkward and relationships are bumpy. You either get used to it or it’ll naturally smoothen out. If you were going through this, you’re not alone and things will get better if you try.

 

I am here to relay the sad news that, I’ll be discontinuing this fanfic and I will leave it open-ended. I will admit, that Pristin disbanding was the final straw to this hard decision. I’m not denying Napink’s friendship, but I can’t help but have a bad taste about Jieqiong staying in Pledis and Nayoung leaving (granted, I know Jieqiong is thriving in China and Nayoung is such an understanding leader). There were many other reasons why I was never able to update. I was caught up in school and my relationship. Writers block. Lack of motivation to write. Lack of direction. It’s a whole slurry, but let me try to break it down for you.

 

Let me get straight to the most obvious point. If you’ve been reading this fic and have talked to me about it through the comments or PMs, you most likely know that this was never intended to be a story. I wanted to make it a three-shot with a prologue (actually it was a really long one-shot with a rushed intro). After I posted it, I was too ambitious and took all the love you gave me and tried to make a story out of it. Honestly, I try to make a promise with myself that I shouldn’t post before completing the story because I can’t commit to a series that I’m writing as I’m posting. Then all these ideas popped in my head. This is sad to say, but I have an 63 page document (and to put that in perspective, these five chapters are about 33 pages altogether) of just brainstorming and completed portions of chapters. Adding onto the Writer’s block, maybe it’d be easier if I was a literature major, but I’m an engineering student. These brainstorming moments come to me spontaneously and I can’t write as if God was whispering words in my ear. The first chapter was really rushed and that alone took my a week to write. The second, fourth, and fifth (the “one-shot”) chapters took me a month to write. I have so many thoughts spew in my head and I just don’t have time to write it all out without getting exhausted.

 

Adding onto this, since this never had the intention of becoming a long story, I had no direction. Considering this was based off of my own experiences, it was hard to write what was next. Should I write my own fantasy? But what if that messes up my own relationship? Should I make something up? But wouldn’t that ruin the rawness of this fanfiction? I was in absolute turmoil. I learned the hard way that it was a bad decision to turn my life into fanfiction. It wasn’t my intention for it to be that way, but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter