Chapter Eighteen

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen

Day 10

 

Darn. I was forgetting for a moment all the things he has done for the past hours and now that he’s acting like some all my pent-up feelings again resurfaced.

I’m still frustrated about that wish thing and also him lying to me—well, I’m actually not anymore but his sudden behavior brought me back—and now he’s back with being cold and mean. Argh. He’s so unpredictable sometimes.

He could’ve just said that he’s jealous though. Psh.

Why is he so in denial? Of course, he’s jealous! After all those hugs and *ehem* kisses—just kiss as a matter of fact—who wouldn’t right?

“Your eyebrows will merge as one if you keep on frowning.” I ‘tsk-ed’ and frowned even deeper. He laughed at me.

“Joon~” I whined and rocked my body from side to side like a kid.

“What?” he asked amidst of chuckles.

“I feel so frustrated right now.” I sulk. Jin haven’t approached me since our conversation and gods, I don’t know what else is his problem and I’m done trying to figure him out.

“Why don’t you just go and make the first move?” he asked making me frown even more and faced him.

“I’m not going too. Besides, he’s at fault and he’s the guy!” I shot back in exasperation and emphasized the last parts.

He chuckled once again. How I like watching his face when he smiles, his dimples are deeper than any ocean—god, that was so pathetic—and his eyes curve. He’s so squishy-squishy!

“what’s so funny now?” I said pouting.

“The two of you are so alike. Come on, nothing will happen if you keep being like that.” He said with finality and left shaking his head.

“Psh.” Letting out a sharp breath and just continued to murder the ground with my glares. When I look up, I saw Jin also sulking from my far right and Jungkook is trying to engage him in a conversation.

I rolled my eyes and look away.

Mother..

My heart swells when I think of her. I was able to call her earlier, but my stupid phone made a great timing and shut off.

Then Jin also in and decided to make another episode. Gosh, it’s so annoying. And unbearable.

A lot already happened only in a short time and I don’t think I can able to take this whirlwind of emotions anymore.

I don’t want to cry anymore, not anymore. But damn— it’s so hard not to.

So, I did.

 

“Omo, unnie! Your eyes are so puffy. What happened?” (Korean) Eunha asked but I just nod absentmindedly even though I didn’t get to understand what she said.

“What happened to her?” (Korean)

“Jay oppa and her had a fight earlier, I think that’s that.” (Korean)

“They haven’t settled it yet?” (Korean)

“By the looks of it, nope.” (Korean)

I let them talk among themselves and just continue to stare ahead. My body is starting to get numb and weak at the same time. I even feel light headed and I can’t think straight anymore. I feel so drained.

“Unnie..” I snapped on my trance and looked at Umji watching me with worried eyes.

“Are you okay?” I lightly nodded to answer her and tap her cheeks then smiled weakly. After that, I went back on spacing out.

I think about my mother and how worried she would be if she learns that I’m here and trapped. My father, I wonder if he’s worried too, or if he even cares. I think about a lot of things, and more of it.

“Psst.”

What about my future? What will happen now?

“Psst.. psst!”

How can I fulfill my dreams—technically not mine but my father’s—if I’m here?

What if – “AHH!” I almost topple on the ground when someone nudge me on the side. That’s when I realize that the girls are long gone and I was greeted by Jin’s side profile sitting beside me.

I just stared at him blankly. When he felt that he won me over, he turned his head to look at me and we stared at each other.

If he’s thinking of trying to continue our argument earlier, I’m not in the mood to do so right now. So, I just retrieve my gaze from him and let out a heavy sigh.

At least he’s here, his presence is enough for me. For now…

“Hey.” he whispered, I hummed in response. But he didn’t let on, he remained silent instead.

“Sowon..” he called again and I just hummed in response again. A little tease won’t hurt though.

He muttered under his breath and in the corner of my eye, I saw him move and dip his head on his knees. Psh, such a baby.

“Jungkook said you cried..” he started after a moment of silence. This time, I turned my head to look at him and he did the same still leaning his head on his knees.

I nod slowly and pouted. There’s no harm in trying to act cute once in a, while right?

“Why?” he asked in a hushed tone. I shrug.

“Make it up to me first.” I replied and smiled weakly. Everything in my body just feels so heavy I don’t even have the strength to suppress a smile.

Then he smiled back too. He moved from hugging his knees to closing the gap between us and placing my legs across his lap so it looks like I’m sitting on his lap sideways. He circled his arms on my waist to hug me.

“Is this okay now?” he asked, placing my head on the crook of his neck and he leaned his chin on top of my head.

“For the time being.” I replied and we chuckled. I closed my eyes, enjoying the coziness. Right, he can’t stay mad at me for long now.

It took me a while before opening up to him about the short phone call with my mother. Sharing this heartbreaking event should have brought tears to my eyes but nothing came out like I thought it would. But even though I didn’t cry, my heart never failed to be responsive. It clenched the whole time I told Jin what happened.

In exchange, he drew circles at the back of my hand he’s holding to comfort me, and it’s more than enough for me now.

“I’m sorry.” He said right after I stopped talking. I just nod carefully.

“It’s okay. But you could’ve just admit that you’re jealous though.” He dug his fingers deeper on the side of my waist and I flinched. I slapped his chest and giggled that slightly inflicted pain on my chest.

“But really, I’m sorry. Not just about that, but also for lying and getting angry when you’re hurt and literally everything else.” I nodded again. I understand and I forgive him.

“What’s with wish?” the words involuntarily escaped my lips and I immediately regret that I asked. My god, Sowon! What about try and shut up?!

This time, it was Jin who laughed, I slap his chest. “So, you acknowledge now that it happened huh?” he wiggled his eyebrows and smirked that I just want to wipe it off.

“Forget that I asked.” I said annoyingly but knowing him, he won’t dismiss me sooner.

“Ohh, someone’s embarrassed.” He cooed and pinch my cheek and I slap his hand away with a frown.

“Shut up!” I hissed. I was about to get up but he restrained me by tightening his hug.

“Just try and search it up when we get out of here. How’s that?” I froze, he continued to grin at me.

If we get out of here.

He’s so sure we will. But I started to doubt it now.

“Can you bring me on our prepared make shift bed? I want to sleep.” I ask in a low voice. My throat starting to ache.

He nodded and before he moves to lift me up, he left a kiss on my forehead.

“Sleep tight.”

 

 

I feel… I feel like floating on the clouds…

 

“Sowon-ah, wake up.” I felt someone nudge my side but I refused to open my eyes. My body is so heavy even I can’t lift myself up. Plus, my head hurts so bad.

“Sowon-ah..” I groaned when that someone starts to pat my cheek. “Wake up, Sowon-ah. Please, open your eyes already..” (Korean) The voice started to annoy me so I pushed myself really hard to open my eyes this time.

It was blurry at first, I became dizzy the moment I opened my eyes. I gave it a moment before focusing on the person waking me up and I was greeted by a worried face of Hoseok. He became alert when he saw me conscious that he immediately calls upon the others.

“Wh-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter