Chapter Fifteen

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen

Day 7

 

“Sukjin?” Jay’s shoulder almost sag on the ground. His eyes narrowed while looking at me.

“Seok.. seok.” He frustratingly said prolonging the first syllable and I followed him.

“Ohh, Seokjin.” I said with a slow voice to perfect it.

Seokjin.

I finally got to know his name, and it feel just right. I can’t stop smiling, damn it. Gosh.

I said his name again and he just stared at me then. I grinned widely, absolutely happy, and I’m not trying to hide it. I want him to know.

“Are you that happy?” Is he for real? How can I not be happy? This is such a big deal for me! I didn’t know his name for almost 2 months. Can he even blame me?

I just nod in response, still smiling. My jaw started to hurt but it doesn’t matter.

He smiled too before pulling me by the neck, head locking me but it doesn’t hurt at all and made our way back to the circle.

After he pulls away and before he could join the other side with the gentlemen to sleep, I called him by his name. His real name.

Gods, I can’t get enough of it.

He turns around to face me, a meter away, “Goodnight.” I said and waved my hand.

“Goodnight, Sowon.” He said with a smile and walks away for real now.

“Geez, unnie. The both of you are so cheesy.” My attention turns to Umji when she speaks, beside her is a snickering Eunha and a grinning Yerin beside Eunha.

“What do you mean?” I ask before sitting down on the hard floor together with them.

“We know you’re a couple but why do you act as if you just confessed to each other?”

Wh.. WHAT? A.. couple?

I gag, my eyes widen so much that my eyeballs could fall off from the socket.

Is that what they think about us? A couple?

“Oh my God, no!” my voice pitched higher than I intend it to be. We all turned to Yuju sleeping beside Yerin first, afraid she might wake up. When she doesn’t stir, I quickly turn to the girls to explain.

“W-we’re not a couple, what are you talking about?” I hiss under my breath. Umji translated it to them.

The three girls just look at me, totally not convinced.

Then at the same time, they created a noise as if mocking me in a way.

“How come you’re not a couple? You’re so sweet with each other!!” Umji said in behalf of the two.

I made a reluctant glance to my back towards the guys. They’re still talking with each other when Jay—I mean Seokjin—also glanced to me.

I instantly turned away. Completely embarrassed. I could feel all the blood rushed up to my cheeks.

The girls giggled among themselves.

“We’re not a couple, okay? End of discussion.” I said with finality and crossed my arms. They still don’t believe me though.

“Why? After what he did to Yoongi when that guy looks lowly of you, you’re telling us you’re not dating?” I saw Eunha nudge Umji when she mentioned about the Yoongi incident but I just pretend I didn’t notice. I don’t want to know either.

I didn’t speak for a second. And they look at me expectantly, waiting for me to tell them what they exactly want to hear.

If only I could make up stories. Psh.

“The truth is… I don’t know.” I said finally. I heard Umji whispering to Eunha and Eunha whispered it to Yerin and Yerin’s mouth turned to an O.

I laughed, they’re so cute.

 “You don’t know?” I shrug.

“It’s.. complicated.” That’s the last thing I said before I lied down, feeling the cold tile on my back. The girls wanted to know more and contemplated whether to ask further questions or not when I closed my eyes to avoid them.

They finally gave up.

“Goodnight, girls.” Is the last thing I said before drifting away to sleep hoping to find an answer to their question after I wake up.

 

“Unnie..” someone pat my shoulder making me stir. Ouch, my back hurts!

I groaned and stretch while still lying on the ground. My back is killing me.

Opening my eyes, I see Yerin’s face on top of me.

“Okay?” she asks. What does she mean okay? I’m fine, I just woke up.

I just looked at her confusingly before sitting up, and immediately laid back again when I felt my head ache so bad too.

That’s when I realized my body is so weak and barely move. I wonder how I stretched my arms earlier.

I tried to sit up once again and this time, Yerin helped me.

“What happened?” I groggily asked.

“You’re sweating a lot in your sleep, unnie, and you’re stirring quite often. We thought you’re having a nightmare. We couldn’t wake you up but oppa managed to calm you down.” Umji explained. I didn’t notice she was there until she spoke.

I don’t remember having a bad dream though. Eunha touched my forehead, feeling the temperature.

“I think she still have a fever.” (Korean) she said. Umji and Yerin nodded in agreement. I spotted Yuju at the back of Yerin, she’s awake now, though she’s still very pale.

I’m glad.

“Excuse me, girls.” (Korean) we all looked up to see Seokjin hovering above us, carrying a plastic of bread loaf and a bottle of half drunken water.

The three turned their heads on me and flashed me a teasing grin. Not again.

I groaned in disbelief and they laughed altogether. Yuju is just looking at us, oblivious of what is currently happening. Poor girl.

They vacate our side, bringing Yuju with them, and based on their giggles and whispers, I guess they’re filling Yuju in.

Aish, these kids.

“Are you well now?” Seokjin sat beside me before opening the plastic of bread loaf. I don’t know what to say since I don’t even know if I’m okay so I just shrug my shoulders.

He leaned forward and placed the back of his hand on my neck. Why does it have to be on my neck? Gods!

My skin tingles at his touch, he placed it there longer and I’m itching to get his touch away from me. It’s lethal I tell you.

“Your fever is not that bad.” He announces and peeks at my face. He see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter