Chapter Thirteen

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OMG I just realized that When We Return already reached 100 subscribers!! OMG OMG OMG

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS! I'M VERY HAPPY HUHU.

As a gift, here's chapter 13 you've been waiting for! Enjoy!~

#Happy100Subscribers <3

 

PS: not proofread sorry ^_^

----------

Chapter Thirteen

Day 5

 

“Unnie, I’m really, really hungry.” Eunha said and in the verge of tears. She already looks so weak and well, hungry. Aish.

All of us are hungry though, I’ve kept hearing my stomach rumble and I could feel myself close to collapsing too. I wonder how come we’ve survived this long without even eating and drinking.

Yuju can stand already, but still so weak. Jimin needs to cradle his broken arm but he’s already on his feet. Taehyung, well, the cloth wrapped around his head is already gone and the wound has dried up. Yerin said it wasn’t that deep, but the wound ran from the side of his forehead down to his cheek.

I touch the wound at the base of my neck. We haven’t cleaned it up because the water already stopped, and the first aid kit should be prioritized to the ones who needs it the most.

“Should we try and find something to eat on the train?” I randomly asked. Since the moment we’ve been trapped here, we haven’t made time to look at our things inside the train. We didn’t even bother pulling out our bags for cloth.

Eunha nodded and held her hand and got up.

“Where are you going?” Jay suddenly asked and ran towards us. I flinch after he stood right in front of me. I still haven’t forgot the way he looked hours ago. Whatever Yoongi said that made him so mad has driven my comfort away from him.

After he returned to us, he was acting as if nothing happened while everyone else was careful and hesitant and was trying to read his mood. But he was smiling and laughing along with Jhope since that made me sigh in relief. But still…

“U-um, we’ll be looking for something to eat at the train.” I mentally cursed myself for stuttering and not meeting his eyes. I find it hard to look at him directly after that encounter.

I pulled Eunha away before he could say another word.

“Unnie, did you fight?” I looked at Eunha before placing my arms around her shoulder and pulled her gently to me.

“No, gwenchana.” I confidently said that made her snort, but her face immediately turned worried.

“Hurt.” She flashed her hand across her face and pointed her thumb behind us, she meant Jay. I understood her right away. I reluctantly turned my head behind us and watched as Jay followed his gaze as we walk away. He looks dejected and hurt.

I instantly looked away. What have I done this time?

I’m never a first candidate at showing affection. It’s a disadvantage of being an introvert.

We continued to walk until we reached the train. I remember so vividly what it looked like inside, and it still give me goosebumps. Inside the train is really just devastating, the reason why I never go near this area.

But we’re all so hungry so better yet find one than not having a bite at all.

We walk inside the train and start fumbling at our things that was untouched for the past hours. I tried looking for our bag first, and it was still inside the bag compartment. Thank God.

That’s when I realized that we have bunch of food, two whole grocery bags—the contents are spilled on the ground— with a lot of bread and junk foods and 4 bottles of water.

You’re such a dummy, Sowon!!

I screamed happily making Eunha scramble to where I am. “Unnie! What’s wrong?!” (Korean) I showed her the bags and she also screamed for joy.

Within seconds, people are jammed on the doorway, trying to know what is happening.

It was Jay who came to me first. “Are you okay? What happened?!” he asked hysterically. I nod enthusiastically to answer him.

“Jay! I found our things, damn. We totally forgot about this.” I said and held up the bags. “We have enough food and water supplies to share.”

Jay eyed the grocery bags, and he too, based on his reaction, didn’t realize we still have tons on our bags. He then looks up to meet my eyes, and showed his manly, lope-sided smile.

Do you really have to do that?

“Good girl.” He pats my head and grabs the groceries from me. He turned around to call for Namjoon. They exchanged words for a bit and Namjoon faced the small crowd.

“Guys, we just found food and water. But we need more, scan the train. Look for your things and maybe there are food and drinks left on your bags. Just in case.” (Korean) he said and the others followed. They entered the train and scan the surroundings, for their bags specifically.

I grab my bag, and Jay’s too, before shuffling out. Jay already had our groceries on his hand. Good thing the food wasn’t destroyed much. Except for the ones in the bottle, we decided to throw it.

One by one, our little group put out what they had found. Bread, chunkies, and there’s even spoiled orange rice which Jay called it as kimchi, and other goodies that might satisfy our rumbling stomachs. We all gathered and placed it on the ground.

“Okay guys!” (Korean) Yerin raised her hand to quiet us down, but not the excitement we feel. “Thank you very much for your work. Come on, everyone! Each grab a food.” She said and gestured fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter