Chapter Eleven

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven

Day 3

 

Most of us still couldn’t believe what we’ve put ourselves into.

Like Eunha, who has been crying for hours since the accident happened. We all tried to calm her down. Not even Jhope nor Yerin can stop her.

Like Umji, who just stared into space and sat at the same place since and never left there. Yerin approached multiple times and tried to talk but she remained silent.  

Like Jungkook, who has been quiet but secretly cried in the corner. His innocent features will really make you feel pity for him. But then again, we’re facing the same situation here.

Like Yoongi, who got back an hour after he left us there, frustrated that he couldn’t find a way out and he’s been thrashing in the area the moment he appeared. Namjoon and Jay was controlling themselves not to punch the guy on the face. And mostly, only Jhope can approach him and prevent further damage.

And like me, who just relied to Jay most of the time and never left his side. Was crying from time to time but Jay was able to make me feel better.

We’re all gathered in the platform, forming a little circle but not quite. Except for Yoongi who sat on the far corner, away from us.

Three days, according to my watch—which is fortunately not damaged—we’ve been stuck here for three days. Just sitting here, do nothing, and just hoping for help to come.

And our hope is slowly crumbling down, along with my stomach too. I’m freaking hungry, and thirsty too. My throat is already paper dry for not drinking water.

I bet all of us are.

The casualties are also getting weaker as hours pass, without proper food and water intake. The water in the train stopped running. Me and Jay felt stupid enough not to think of saving some water for consumption.

I’ve got to know their names as what Jay told me so.

Yuju, Taehyung and Jimin are huddled together in the corner against the wall, barely breathing. We’ve been looking out for Yuju since she shivered badly an hour ago. And now she’s having a fever.

 

“Come on guys, why are you all so sulky?” (Korean) Jhope’s voice suddenly filled the silent space. Slightly echoing. So, we turned our attention to him.

“I’m Jhope and I’m definitely your hope.” (Korean) he said and even stretching him arms outward and bending slightly backward as if expecting someone for a hug. I looked at him weirdly, because first, I don’t know what he’s talking about and second, how can he even be like that?

He’s been like that since day one. Smiling, laughing, and always giddy. I wonder if he’s making us cheer up or just a plain weirdo. We’ve got all the right to be sulky considering the situation we are in. 

“then get us out of here.” (Korean) Jungkook said in a low tone. We turned our face to look at him, then suddenly he was embarrassed with all of us looking at him and he hid his face on his knees.

I smiled a little, knowing how cute he was, getting shy and all. Then I turned to look at others too, and like me, they’re smiling. Except for Umji who’s still staring into space. And well, for Yoongi, who’s not with us and chose to stay away.

No one said another word from then, but it didn’t stop Jhope from making noise. We just stared at him, watching him pulling stunts, but most of us just didn’t pay him attention. Not even Yerin, who chose to tend on the three casualties instead.

Jay was busy translating Jhope’s words for me but he got annoyed eventually and just let the guy be.

I appreciate his effort though, but really, I think this is not the best time for smiles and laughter and jokes. Not when we’re stuck here and don’t know what will happen from here.

When it finally dawned to him that we’re not listening to his jokes anymore—which I don’t exactly know of—he gave up and sat on the far corner. Now he’s the one sulking. I felt a pang of guilt but I shrugged it off.

Then again, there’s silence..

I should be used to this because Jay was always silent before, when he’s busy giving me the silent treatment. But now I can’t stand it. I don’t like the way my senses are on high alert. I don’t like the way I spun my head to the direction I thought I heard a sound of as if something bad will happen.

I need to calm down, but due to the deafening silence I can’t. and I hate it.

I wish Jhope didn’t stop his noise. I just appreciate it so badly now.

 

All I can hear was the water droplet from the ceiling to the ground, and Umji’s sudden outburst.

It’s the first time she cried since the accident and it’s the most heartbreaking kind it almost pierced through me and made me cry. Almost.

Yerin was on her feet the moment she heard Umji but she was cleaning Jimin’s wound at the moment that I’ve got no choice but to beat her to it.

I looked at her first and smiled, as if telling her that ‘I’ve got this’, but I’m actually nervous to approach.

The others were just looking at her, afraid to go near her. Even Namjoon or Jhope don’t know what to do.

My rattled l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter