Agape

Red Queen

~*4*~

 

Kris and the rest of the White Knights had more training in the palace before they would be deployed for the real combat outside. Everyone was practicing to control their special abilities but he never saw Chanyeol do it, or he might have not noticed. Someone might tell him that he was nosy, so he secretly observed the other while he was sparring with his other colleagues.

Chanyeol would just watch his fellows and sometimes he seemed to have a lot of free time with how he casually talked to them. Kris saw him exercise with a wooden sparring partner and he was also witty with their study. There would always be a chance he would goof off, especially with sword fights.

There was a week in a month that he would be missing in action, and the sky was red whenever that occurred. Suho, Xiumin, or even Sehun would explain to everyone that he had a weaker body among them. Kris could not help why he was selected as a knight if that was the case.

 

However, as time went by, Kris had Chanyeol’s good side, the reason he softened like the rest of the boys. His hair was ginger and curly and had a wide smile but that was not all. The boys already knew that he along with Baekhyun and Chen were the mischievous trio, not only they were making fun of D.O. — they were doing it with everyone now. Despite that, he would show he was a caring boy, particularly to the youngest. Sehun might always be either with Luhan, Kai, or Tao but mostly with Luhan, but there was one night, when Kris awakened in the middle of the deep night and saw the other blond boy in the garden, sitting along Chanyeol on the bench.

He was quietly crying and the redhead hushed him gently. Chanyeol was rubbing his back while the youngest had his head rest on his shoulder. They were like mother and son rather than brothers. It was strange.

 

With their busy training and their leisure time being occupied with some fun activities, Kris would have a glimpse of Chanyeol and Sehun’s affection that none of his fellows could notice.

 

 

~*End*~