teaser 1

dragonsong

answers

the black shroud - Old Gridania

Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe...


A content yawn escaped the Miqo'te. What a nice and pleasant day it was! Warm and sunny, just the perfect conditions for being lazy or a deserved nap, at least in theory. Under normal circumstances he would have been alone in his 'secret spot' near the Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania, however, that wasn't the case on that day. New adventurers had arrived in Gridania and the first thing they did, of course, was looking around to get more familiar with their new home.

"Do you really think you can afford to take a nap today?" A mocking voice disrupted his rail of thoughts. "Sorry, I meant 'catnap'."

Sunggyu recognized the voice even without opening his eyes. After all, it was the voice of a certain midlander who, ever since the Hyur had arrived in Gridania, was harassing him. His name was 'Lee Howon', an annoying lancer who was once the same type of annoying new adventurers that had interrupted his nap. And according to Sunggyu, Howon felt joy in verbally terrorising him; a histrionic exaggeration. It was Howon's manner to tease others, to make terrible puns and to be sassy, but most of the time he had no ill intention, it was just his way of showing affection or a terrible attempt on trying to be funny. And deep down Sunggyu knew this, because that's where they resembled each other, although up to this point they weren't aware of this fact.

"I should've known that you're here!" Another voice chuckled.

Sunggyu recognized this voice as well. Not because this person also took a liking on verbally attacking him, no, it was due to him spending a lot of time with him. 'Kim Myungsoo', a Keeper of the Moon and one of his closest friends despite the divergencies between the two Miqo'te clans. While the Seekers of the Sun worship Azeyma the Warden with their culture revolving around the sun, the Keepers of the Moon prayed to Menphina the Lover while preferring the shroud of night.
Sunggyu never really thought much of The Twelve, although the Miqo'te usually being a very pious race, considering that they had named their clans according to their respective deity. Myungsoo didn't seem to be very religious as well; and even if he was, he never held any prejudice towards Sunggyu and accepted his way of living without forcing his own way on to him.

"E-Sumi-Yan is looking for you." Myungsoo informed Sunggyu. "He was saying something about the 'Trial by Water' and that you are ready to undergo it."

Sunggyu groaned. So much for his lazy day! He actually expected his guild master to take it slow that day, since the new adventurers would surely pay a visit to the Conjurer Guild too. Would E-Sumi-Yan even have time to press the Trial by Water upon him? And didn't he say a few days prior that Sunggyu wasn't ready for it yet? Thinking about it was all in vain, he simply wasn't able to work out his guild master, no matter how hard he tried. Sunggyu got up grumpily from his cozy spot in the sun and brushed some dirt off his clothes.

'Try not to kill someone!' were Howon's farewell words.   

 

"It seems like the news haven't reached him yet." Howon mentioned after Sunggyu disappeared from his view.

"That would explain his carefree behaviour." Myungsoo agreed. "But I think he'll notice it soon enough, at least I hope he does. It would be reassuring to have a competent healer at our side."

Howon nodded silently.

The Land is alive, so believe...

ciel's note

 

🌟 Miqo'te - a feline race with two physically distinguishable groups
🌟 Hyur - a race very similar to humans
🌟 The Twelve are the pantheon of Eorzea