Ex - Girlfriend Tag

WenRene Book of Joy, Bear and Squirtle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date Completed: 19th February 2018

Song Recommendation: EXO - Been Through

Minor Pairings: JoyGi (very minor)

This one-shot is bad (my reviewer gave it 3/10), so I hope you won't be disappointed much and will apologize ahead of time.

But hey, today's Wendy's birthday so I hope it'll still make some people smile!

Warning, crass language ahead! I don't even curse irl, I don't know why I keep insisting to write it in my fics. Also, I didn't proofread, yet. Sorry.

Edit: 23rd Jan 2022 - justmythme made a cute fanart of this fic, check it out! https://twitter.com/justmythme/status/1448481161823473665https://twitter.com/justmythme/status/1448481161823473665?s=20

 

Wendy woke up to the sound of her doorbell being rung non-stop and she regretted installing the damn thing. She slept at 4AM last night, too busy editing her next cover video and if she was to be honest, she had completely forgotten that she was expecting a visitor today. Wendy sleepily reached out to her side table and plugged off her phone from the charger. The glaring 15:08 stared at her back judgingly. Right, she promised to start her live today at 4PM and had asked her guest to come an hour earlier to…talk about stuffs.

 

Collecting all of the determination she had in her, she pushed off her warm blanket and was greeted with a wave of nausea. She groaned as she shook off her head, trying to relieve herself but it barely worked. She could already guess that it was going to be a great day ahead. Sighing, she wobbly walked to her condo’s front door and opened the door. Much to her great relief, the insistent ringing of doorbell finally stopped but the sight before her almost made her wish the door was still a barrier between them.

 

Standing before her was her ex-girlfriend extraordinaire…Irene Bae.

 

 

“What took you so long to open the goddamn door?”

 

Irene strode in her house impatiently as Wendy gawked as the older girl comfortably hang her winter coat at one of the pegs along her living room. Irene’s coat seemed like it fit a little too well there among Wendy’s cap, her favourite backpack and her own winter coat. Wendy shook her head again, convinced that her fever was making her felt all sorts of things she should not be feeling and as she paid her attention to Irene again, she saw her tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for Wendy’s answer.

 

“Well?”

 

“Sorry, I stayed up late last night editing video.”

 

Her voice came out a little hoarse and she coughed a little, tried to clear . In what felt like a blink, Irene appeared in front of her and her cold expression softened a little as she placed a palm on Wendy’s forehead, gauging her temperature.

 

“You’re down with a fever. How long has it been since you had it?”

 

Wendy pushed Irene’s arm away from her and she sauntered to the kitchen, pulling out a packet of instant spaghetti to reheat it in the microwave. Irene followed her closely and although Wendy could not see Irene behind her, she knew the latter was crossing her arms, looking at her with displeasure all over her face.

 

“I’m not a ing child anymore. Can you not act like my mom?”

 

“Well, you sure act like one I don’t even know how old you are anymore.”

 

Undeterred, Irene walked over to stand beside Wendy and her crinkled nose showed more of her disapproval of whatever Wendy was doing.

 

“Instant spaghetti as your first meal of the day? Really? ’s disgusting. And I can feel how hot you are from here. Can you not be stubborn and eat your meds?”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes. She could not believe that once upon a time, she used to like being nagged by Irene. The past Wendy must had been crazy because her current self could not stand it one bit. To be really honest, it was not a bad feeling even now as it showed Irene cared about her. But Irene be damned if she thought Wendy would actually swallow pills to cure herself.

 

“I know I’m hot, Irene. That’s why you used to have with me, remember? I just got the fever today and I’m just gonna drink loads of water to wash it away. Now let me finish preparing my meal so that we can start discussing the video ASAP.”

 

With mutters of ‘vulgar’ and ‘you could not wash your fever away, idiot’, Irene walked away from Wendy. But instead of resting in the living room as a proper guest should, Irene went to Wendy’s toilet and Wendy could hear her opening the medicine cabinet. ‘Uh oh’ was the first thought that came to her mind and she quickly plate her spaghetti as soon as it was done and rushed over to her living room in hope to escape Irene’s wrath.

 

She did not even know why she tried, she knew her efforts were futile.

 

Sure enough, when Irene stomped to the living room, she glared at Wendy with both of her arms at her waist. Wendy pretended to not notice as she slurped her half warm half cold spaghetti and regretted her life choices that led her there that day.

 

“Wendy, where are the medicines in the cabinet?”

 

She acted as if she was deaf and she heard sigh of frustration from Irene as she moved closer to the girl who was eating.

 

“Wendy. Where. Are. The. Meds.”

 

Wendy gulped when Irene hissed her last word. She knew not to mess with Ang-Rene more than necessary.

 

“They expired and I didn’t bother to restock or anything. You were the only one who ate meds around here back then anyway.”

 

Irene massaged her forehead, clearly done with Wendy’s line of thoughts.

 

“I’ll ask Seulgi to restock the necessities here. Food and meds. Geez, and you dare to call yourself an independent adult?”

 

“Hey, I pay for everything here myself! And I own this home, I’m not renting! Of course I’m an adult.”

 

“Sure, sure. Finish your food so we can start our discussion.”

 

Irene fished out her phone from her hanging winter coat and Wendy pouted when she was dismissed like a child. She could hear Irene walking around the kitchen again, opening the cabinet doors and inspecting her refrigerator while talking on the phone. Wendy groaned because she should have known better of how Irene was and prepared everything so she would not get nagged like this. Seulgi would surely call her later tonight and complained of being Irene’s assistant to take care of Wendy again – a few times she had been so since their breakup one and a half year ago.

 

Once Irene was done talking on the phone, Wendy’s phone buzzed a few seconds later and she snorted as her phone lighted up with Seulgi’s text.

 

‘C H O K E’

 

Irene strolled in the living room and took a seat at a chair not too far away from her and switched on the TV. They both just stared lifelessly at some music show that was showing in the TV as Wendy finished her food. Once Wendy was done, she pushed the dirty dish to the side and whipped her phone open. 15:37. They did not have much time left so she reached out to her TV remote control and switched it off, prompting Irene to focus her full attention on the homeowner.

 

“Right, so I’ve already told my followers since one week ago that the YouTube live today will begin at 4PM so I think we can expect plenty of viewers.”

 

“Why at 4PM? It’s not a prime time right? And what are we gonna do later?”

 

“It’s my channel, so I’m gonna do whatever the I want. As for what we’re going to do...it’s kinda like ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend tag thingy. Don’t google for it! I want you to answer it candidly.”

 

Irene rolled her eyes and nodded, used to Wendy’s routine as she was doing live.

 

“So where are you recording? Here?”

 

A shook of the head responded Irene and Wendy puckered her lips to point at her work room, where she mostly sit in front of the computer to record vlogs or to edit her videos. Irene was probably more well attuned with Wendy’s apartment than her own house that she moved in around a year ago.

 

“Okay then, let’s get prepared shall we?”

 

 

“Ah, the viewers are coming in.”

 

“Are we going to start now?”

 

“No, my average viewers are usually around 3000 per live. Let’s wait a bit more.”

 

Wendy called out the names of some of her fans that she recognized and had mundane talks with them. However, as more people came in her live, the comments were flooded more and more with Irene’s name and it became harder for Wendy to read the comments of those people who just wanted to communicate with her. She was also seeing some spiteful comments about Irene so she minimized the comments window and called for Irene who was spinning on an office chair, being out of the camera angle.

 

“Irene, people want to see you. Come and say hi.”

 

“Oh, they know I’m here?”

 

Wendy frowned her eyebrows at the stupid question.

 

“I already told my subscribers I’m going to do an Ex-Girlfriend Tag video and you’re the only ex-girlfriend I’ve had. Of course they know it’s you.”

 

Irene giggled and moved in front of the camera. She opened the comment window at Wendy’s computer again and said hi to some of Wendy’s fans who had also became her fans during the time they had known her with Wendy. The younger girl could see Irene’s eyes flickered at the hate comments thrown about her but she ignored those and just focused and the ones that greeted her warmly.

 

She had grown up so much and Wendy felt a feeling of pride creeping in her heart but she shook it off and got ready to start.

 

“Okay, let’s begin this for real. Hello everyone and welcome to the monthly live of Dandy Zandy Wendy! As I’ve informed y’all last week, I’m going to do this live with my ex-girlfriend and miraculously, she really showed up! That’s how irresistible I am, folks.”

 

Irene nudged Wendy using her shoulder and Wendy stuck out a tongue, acting playful with Irene although truth was, they did not speak to each other at all after their break up. They started speaking again when Wendy reached out to Irene last week and pitched an offer to do a live with her and Irene accepted it – to the surprise of both of them. They were used to staged interactions in front of the camera so it did not feel awkward, much.

 

“Hi everyone, I’m Irene Bae. I work as a writer and I was Wendy’s girlfriend.”

 

The comments section exploded with how beautiful Irene was suddenly, as Wendy grew more in popularity after she broke up with Irene and a lot of her new followers had never seen them together. Wendy read out a comment as she gave a stinky eye to her fans.

 

“How could our loser Wendy date such a beautiful goddess…I’ll let you know she was the one who chased after me, okay. I wasn’t the one who tried to date someone almost age.”

 

Wendy’s comment was greeted with laughing emoticons as Irene shoved Wendy playfully, embarrassed as she was reminded how true that was. She was 3 years older than Wendy and when she first fell for Wendy, the latter was only 19 years old. She wooed Wendy for almost a year before they finally dated for real.

 

“Okay, if y’all want to know so much how we met and started dating, I’ll put up the link later in my Twitter. I’ve done that video like, 100 years back with Irene so let’s get to the current issue. I’m sure everyone here is wondering how Irene’s doing all these while – I myself is curious since this is the first time we meet after our breakup. So, Irene, can you tell us what happened to you after…summer of 2017?”

 

For a lot of people, Wendy would appear to be her usual, playful self as she asked the question but Irene could hear the heavy undertone in her question, especially in her last words. She knew that Wendy was not really curious. Their friends had been doing a good job in keeping them updated about each other’s lives but none of Wendy’s subscribers needed to know that.

 

“Well, I did pretty well. It’s been almost a year and I’ve had a book published that made it into bestseller list! And I’ve also written two dramas that were mega successful. So yeah, breaking up with Wendy probably had been my good luck charm.”

 

Irene joked, and Wendy laughed but there was a tinge of pain in Wendy’s heart at the joke. Probably Irene really was better off without her. Irene started reading some of the comments by the viewers as Wendy zoned off a little.

 

“Was it the drama Wendy was obsessed with, ‘Goddess of Peace’...? Yeah, I wrote that one. Wendy was obsessed with it?”

 

Irene eyed Wendy and the younger girl shrugged, feigning indifference.

 

“I like the main actress, Han Hyo Joo. You know that. I’ve always like her.”

 

Things would have probably been more believable if it was not for her followers (The Wenderps) that kept on exposing her to Irene.

 

‘Sure, that’s why you kept on gushing over the storyline in your live videos.’

 

‘This is the first time I heard you mentioned Han Hyo Joo.’

 

‘Was Irene’s book ‘The Memories Web’ that Wendy told everyone to buy the other day? She kept talking about the book for about a month after its release, I almost unsubscribed.’

 

At these kinds of comments, Irene raised an eyebrow and Wendy did not meet her eyes when she clapped her hands once and spoke loudly. Irene cackled at how panicked Wendy was although she tried her best to appear calm.

 

“Right! Shall we begin our tag questions now? Just so you know, I’ll put the link to the questions below but you’ll notice us skipping some of the basic questions like eye colour, favourite food and all because we know that about each other.”

 

“We do?”

 

Wendy groaned and coughed a little; clearly her fever was acting up more than she thought it would. Irene looked at her worriedly but Wendy just gave a dismissive gesture, asking Irene not to worry. She grabbed her purple water bottle and took big gulps as Irene explained to the viewers that Wendy was not really feeling well.

 

‘Not well? Did she eat her meds? She hates them!’

 

‘Whhaaaat? I hope she’ll get well soon so that we can see our Heung-dy again :(’

 

“I’m okay, Wenderps. Okay, let’s get started with the first question. Did you cheat during the relationship?”

 

Irene scrunched her eyebrows for a moment before shaking her head. She turned to look at Wendy then and spoke.

 

“I didn’t. You, on the other hand…”

 

“What? I never cheated!”

 

“Uh huh. But you kept saying your greasy lines to everyone!”

 

“They knew I was joking, unlike you.”

 

"Uh huh. Excuses, excuses."

 

“This is pointless. I’m going to move on to next question.”

 

“Pointless? Look! The viewers are saying that you’re always saying greasy lines to Wenderps too!”

 

Wendy looked to the screen and leaned closer to it, giving her fans the best threatening look she had although everyone knew it was not much. Wendy looked as soft as hamster even on her worst days anyway. The viewers just laughed at her and Wendy sighed, knowing that she could never win against more than 4000 viewers now.

 

“Second question! Do you consider our break up ugly?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Both of them answered at the same time and shrugged. When the comments were bombarded by people screaming (writing in capslock) asking how did they break up, Wendy was the one who stepped up to answer the questions.

 

“We’re going to talk about the details of our break up in the final question, so I’m going to continue with the other questions first.”

 

Wendy coughed loudly and Irene patted her back lightly, the reaction was almost instinctive since she was the person who would be the most worried when Wendy was sick back then.

 

“That was a bad cough, are you sure you can continue, Wendy?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll be okay. Can you read the questions though? Might be better if I rest my throat a bit.”

 

If Wendy looked up to see how Irene looked then, she would have probably just ended the live since Wendy was always weak with Irene’s worried eyes. However, Wendy was too busy staring at the screen and monitoring the reactions that Irene just a long breath in and took over Wendy’s job as the MC for her own show.

 

“Okay then. Let’s move on. Do you miss the relationship?”

 

There was an easy answer at the tip of Wendy’s tongue but she swallowed it and opted for something that she thought would protect her heart better.

 

“Nuh uh. You nagged too much.”

 

“You brat! If you know how not to be a lousy young adult, I wouldn’t have nagged as much!”

 

Wendy just stuck out a tongue and laughed, her laughter sounded real even to herself. Meanwhile, Irene continued to the next question. She was hoping to hear an answer from Irene but pressuring the writer for an answer might reveal her true feelings so she decided to just let it go, like she had done with so many things in life.

 

“Do you regret how things turned out? Hurm, I don’t really regret stuffs. I believe thing happens for a reason, although it may not be clear when it happens. Something that appears bad today might save you from a worse thing tomorrow. Life is a harsh teacher, it give you a test first before you learn a lesson.”

 

Irene gave a weighed answer and Wendy marvelled at how mature she sounded. The older girl had definitely added more to her values and her perspective of the world after everything that happened between them. Wendy wondered if she grew as much as Irene did, if she had changed at all ever since their broke up.

 

“I agree with Irene.”

 

“What about you, Wendy? Anything to add?”

 

There was a pause before Wendy nodded. “Yeah.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah. I regret how it all turned out.”

 

‘If I have a chance, I would want to do it all over again’. That was what she wanted to add, but Wendy did not since her short answer alone was enough to stun Irene and made the comment section went crazy. She just pointed out at her computer screen weakly as she ignored Irene’s questioning look on her way.

 

“Oh look, you’re all shook. My viewers count has increased again. You must had been surprised right, Wenderps?”

 

Wendy laughed again and this time, her laughter felt hollower than before. Irene continued reading the next question, ignoring Wendy and Wendy felt guilty as she heard the hurt in Irene’s voice.

 

“How did we meet? Wendy and I met because I because our friends were, and still are crazy about each other.”

 

“Ah yes.” Wendy nodded sagely, her voice a little hoarse from her laughter and chatter. “You all know Seulgi and Joy right? My two best friends who somehow always wiggle their ways into my videos?”

 

“I was Joy’s family babysitter and they told me they were worried about her because she was in high school but she was dating someone who was already in college, which was Seulgi. So I went to check out on this shady Seulgi character.”

 

Irene jumped in and added her explanation about the situation, saving Wendy from having to speak too much.

 

“They were dating at this one café here and as I stepped in, I saw another girl with them, just casually third wheeling and joking around with the both of them. I thought she was the most ridiculous, messiest and greasiest person I had ever seen in my life at that point.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter