Melody 10

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

We didn’t interact while we are eating. We both are sitting on the cabin with our backs against the wall and our legs stretched in front of our sits. We both are looking calmly to the crowd in the restaurant, and I can’t stop asking how is this for him, without being able of listening nothing that happens around us. Probably I’m too sincere for my own good, but I have to ask him what’s on my mind.

Me:

What is like being deaf? Do you feel like you are on a secret that nobody else knows? Similar to have an advantage on everything, because of the fact that you can’t listen, magnifies all your senses, do you get superhuman powers and nobody can guess just by looking at you?

He almost spits his beverage while reading my text. He laughs and I realize that his laugh is the only sound I’ve heard from him. I know that some persons that can’t listen can talk, but I’ve never heard him saying a word the whole night. Not even to the waitress. Neither he points what he wants from the menu or writes it.

Jimin:

I can honestly say that I’ve never thought about this. However I like you think of it in that way. To be honest, I don’t think about it. It’s normal for me. I don’t have to compare it, because is the only thing I’ve known.

Me:

Sorry. I’m being those persons again, am I not? I supposed that asking you to compare being deaf or not is like asking you that you compare being a girl or a boy.

Jimin:

Don’t be sorry. I like that you’re really interested to ask me. A lot of people are a little weird about this, so they don’t say anything at all. I realized that it’s hard to make friends, but it’s also something good. The few friends I have are authentic, so I see it like an easy way to delete all the superficial idiots and ignorant.

Me:

I’m glad to know I’m not a superficial idiot and ignorant.

Jimin:

I wish to say the same thing about your ex.

I sigh. Jimin’s right, but damn it hurts to know that I couldn’t see through Hoseok’s stupidities.

I leave my phone and eat the last piece of cake.-Thanks- I say while I let the fork down. Honestly, for a moment, I forgot that today was my birthday until he offered to go out for a cake.

He shrugs as it wasn’t a big deal, but it is. I can’t believe that after the day I had, I was in a semi-decent mood. Jimin can take credit for that, because if it wasn’t for him, I don’t know where would I be or in what kind of emotional state I would be right now.

He takes a sip of his beverage, and then he sits erect in the cabin. He nods in the door’s direction and I agree that I’m ready to leave.

The buzz of alcohol has disappeared, and while we were on our way out of the restaurant and go back to the dark, I can feel myself starting to succumb to the angst again. I guess that Jimin see the look on my face because he puts his arm around my shoulders and give them a soft squeeze. He lets his arm fall and takes out his phone.

Jimin:

If it helps, he doesn’t deserve you.

 

Me:

I know. But it still hurts to think that he deserved me. And honestly, I’m more hurt for Tae that I’m for what happened with Hoseok. I’m only angry with Hoseok.

Jimin:

Yeah, I don’t even know the guy, and I’m really angry with him. I can’t imagine how you must feel. I’m surprised that you don’t have some plan of revenge for him.

 

Me:

I’m not that witty. I wish to be one, because now I’d be all focused in the revenge.

 

Jimin stop walking and turns around to face me. He raises an eyebrow, and seems to appear an evil smile on him. This makes me laugh, because I can say by his smile that he’s planning something.

-Alright- I say, nodding without even knowing what he’s about to purpose-. As long as don’t make me go to jail.

Jimin:

Do you know if he lets his car without locking?

.

.

.

-Fish?- I ask, winkling my nose with disgust. We’ve made a stop on the supermarket next to the apartments, and he’s buying a huge and scaly fish. I’m assuming what this has to do with the part of his elaborated plan of revenge, but he can be only hungry.

Jimin:

We need scotch tape.

I follow him to the hallway of the tools, where he picks up a roll of scotch tape extra resistant.

Fresh fish and scotch tape.

I’m still not sure what he’s planning, but I have a small idea of where he’s going.

When we go back to the apartment, I point at Hoseok’s car. I run quickly to the apartment to grab his spare key from the car in my pocket, where I still have it, while Jimin wraps up the fish with scotch tape. I come back down and give him the key.

Me:

So, what are exactly doing with this fish?

JImin:

Watch and learn, Jungkook.

We walk to Hoseok’s car, and Jimin unlocks the passenger seat. He grabs many pieces of scotch tape while he holds the low part of the passenger seat. I’m watching very close- in case I need to revenge from someone else in the future- and he press under the seat. I give him many pieces of scotch tape trying to contain my laugh while he secures the fresh fish with it. After he’s sure it will not come loose, he slides out of the car and closes the door, looking around innocently. My hand is on my mouth, suffocating my laugh and he’s all calmed as he can be.

Casually we walk away of the car, and once we are on the stairs of the apartment, we start to laugh.

Jimin:

His car is going to smell to death in twenty four hours. He’ll never find it.

Me:

You’re kind of diabolic. If I wouldn’t know you better, I’d think you’ve done this before.

He laughs while we walk inside. We take off our shoes and leave it next to the door, and he throws the scotch tape on the table. I use the bathroom and make sure to unlock the door of the bedroom before going out again.

Jimin:

Good night. I’m sorry that your birthday .

Me:

Thanks to you, it was better that it could have been.

I put my phone under my pillow and cover myself. I close my eyes and my smile immediately fades away when the silence intensifies. I can feel tears coming, so I cover my head with the blanket and prepare for night full of angst. The break with Jimin was nice, but I have nothing that distracts me from the fact that I’m having the worst day of my life. I don’t understand how Taehyung could make me something like this. We’ve been best friends since three years ago. I told him everything. I trusted him. I told him things that not even in my dreams I would tell Hoseok.

Why would he risk our friendship for ?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter