Just This Once

Stripper Soo

The loud music pouring from the speakers at the club was only slightly muffled in the backstage area.


 

Kyungsoo leaned closer to the mirror to apply the finishing touches to his makeup. Even though he'd given up dancing over a year ago when he’d saved enough money to comfortably start his own business it was easy to slip back into the old routine.


 

“Kyunggie! You need more glitter!” Kyungsoo heard his best friend and reason or coming out of retirement chirp from somewhere to his right. “Don't even think about it!” Kyungsoo said glancing over he sees his friend pout cutely at him. “That face only works on Chanyeol so save it for him.”


 

A beaming smile spread across Baekhyun’s face at the mention of his fiance's name. The puppy pout was actually the reason Kyungsoo was here tonight. Baekhyun had turned the power pout on to get his friend to agree to dance one last time.


 

In fact it was Baekhyun's use of his inability to say “No.” to that face that started Kyungsoo on the path of being an exotic dancer in the first place. They were both poor college students when they saw the sign seeking dancers. Baekhyun had bet Kyungsoo he couldn't pass the audition and not one to back down from a challenge Kyungsoo gathered his courage and went for it. He wasn't usually one to seek the spotlight but his best friend always found a way to make him leave his comfort zone and try new things.


 

Both boys had passed the audition stage and were welcomed into the family of misfits. The then club owner Junmyeon had taken them under his wing and along with his boyfriend/husband, Jongdae the pair had made sure the students had a clean and safe apartment with enough food to eat.


 

Junmyeon had handed the club over to his cousin Sehun when Jongdae's singing career took off and required him to travel from country to country.


 

While Sehun is much less motherly he still cares for everyone like a family. His would-be boyfriend will also be dancing tonight. Coming back to the stage in response to Baekhyun’s (pouty face) bachelor party idea. Baekhyun reunited his closest friends for a night of dancing and fun and if Kyungsoo wasn't mistaken Baekhyun had some mischief up his billowy sleeve.


 

“Where is Yixing at anyway? He's going on first.” Kyungsoo said with a frown as he swatted Baekhyun's hand as the guy attempted to sprinkle glitter over Kyungsoo once more.


 

“I think I heard him arguing with Sehun a little while ago. It sounded pretty bad so I didn't want to interrupt.” Baekhyun said his smile disappearing at the memory.


 

“They should just go somewhere and get all of their worked out of their systems.” Kyungsoo stated as he tried to decide how his hair would look best.


 

A stunned silence followed Kyungsoo's statement until Baekhyun caught the twinkle in his friend's eyes. Kyungsoo had a playful side that he chose to hide from all but his closest friends.


 

Baekhyun chuckled softly before he said “Maybe we'll just have Minhyuk go on first.” He muttered still concerned about the disagreement he'd overheard. “So you aren't seeing anyone right now are you Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked casually as he fidgeted with the drape of his silky shirt.


 

Ever since Kyungsoo’s longtime boyfriend Kris, decided Kyungsoo ‘wasn't his style’ and moved back to Canada, Baekhyun has been trying to fix him up with ‘perfect guys’.


 

“No, but I don't need anyone in my life right now. I'm happy just running my business and hanging out with my friends. I don't need anyone trying to control me or suddenly deciding they love pandas more than me.” Kyungsoo said as the last part under his breath in the hopes that Baekhyun wouldn't hear but he could tell by the change expression it wasn't missed.


 

Before Baekhyun could do more than take a breath the dressing room door crashed open to reveal an upset Yixing, closely followed by a frazzled looking Sehun.


 

“I am NOT wearing a turtleneck and baggy pants when I perform!” A normally even-tempered Yixing snapped.


 

“But whyyyy….”  Sehun asked “You look nice in turtleneck sweaters. It's not a look just anyone can pull off.”


 

The plea earned another glare from Yixing. “Why don't you wear this if you think it's such a great outfit?” Yixing growled, ing a bundle of clothes into Sehun’s arms.


 

“Well for one thing Baekhyun didn't ask me to dance tonight.” Sehun said “and secondly turtlenecks aren't my style.”


 

………

 

………


 

“Talking to Kris much?” Kyungsoo finally asked after a stunned silence following the former’s statement.


 

A pained expression crossed Sehun’s face before it went back to its normally blank expression.


 

Before he could reply Yixing spoke up again. “Sehun it's time for you to leave unless you want to watch me change that is.” He said as he grabbed the hem of his tee and lifted it enough to expose a strip of toned stomach.


 

Sehun’s cheeks took on a rosy hue before he turned abruptly, almost crashing into the door frame in his haste to leave.


 

“And what do you see in him?” Kyungsoo asked. A hearty sigh left Yixing, his shoulders slumped slightly as the fire left his body. Yixing sprawled himself into an empty nearby chair and cradles his head in his hands.


 

“He's just being protective. It's kind of sweet.” Baekhyun offered half-heartedly.


 

“Chanyeol doesn't do that with you! Heck Eunkwang will probably be cheering the loudest when Minhyuk dances and even Luhan wouldn't try to make Minseok wear a freaking turtleneck!” Yixing wailed.


 

“He just doesn't want anyone else to see you or nearly so.” Baekhyun tried to console his friend. “Why don't you take some time to collect yourself and I'll ask Minhyuk to get things rolling?” Baekhyun said “He's already dressed. He needed little adornment to start with.” Baekhyun muttered readjusted the neckline of his top.


 

“You look fantastic. Stop fussing.” Kyungsoo reassured. “We both know you could go out there wearing a squirrel suit and Chanyeol would still be cheering you on.” Kyungsoo said, hoping the feelings of envy didn't come through in his voice.


 

Baekhyun did give Kyungsoo a quizzical glance before he turned his attention to Minhyuk. Min’s costume was a leather top of simply straps and fringes along with a pair of plain black trousers. Everyone knew Minhyuk could go on stage in street clothes and half the club would be swooning.


 

“Are you all ready?” Baekhyun asked as he absently straightened some of Minhyuk's fringes. “I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I can't believe you talked me into doing this again. I was happily retired from the stage. Minhyuk teased his friend.


 

“Don't even try to deny that you're going to enjoy the reaction you get from Eunkwang.” Baekhyun shot back, not bothering to hide his grin. Baekhyun gave his friend a good luck pat as he headed for the stage. The roar of the crowd was indication enough that the party was off to a good start. Over the noise of the other partiers one voice could be distinctly heard. “Shake it baby!” Eunkwang’s voice carried to the backstage area making Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exchange amuse looks.


 

The rest of the lineup of dancers went on without a hitch Baekhyun had saved the last two spots for Kyungsoo and himself. As he prepared to take the stage Kyungsoo still hadn't uncovered what mischief Baekhyun had brewing.


 

The costume Kyungsoo chose for the evening was very simple it was just a flowy, solid black, long sleeved shirt, a pair of sinfully tight black leather pants and combat boots. When he took the stage he stood with his back to the audience his feet placed widely apart with a cane resting under his palms. He’d placed a black fedora on his head at the last minute with the brim shielding his eyes. His movements were slow and sensual, building intensity along with the music. Kyungsoo scanned the crowd until he located Chanyeol. The groom-to-be wasn't watching the show but was instead pounding on the back of his table mate. The young man was a newcomer to the group. Kyungsoo was sure he'd never seen the handsome guy before. Once the stranger's choking spell ended Chanyeol made a point of directing the guy's attention back to Kyungsoo's performance.


 

The poor fellow tried looking anywhere but at the stage. When he did Kyungsoo would send him a wink or a y move in his direction only to see the blush return to his cheeks and more squirming in his seat.


 

In a grand flourish to wrap up the dance Kyungsoo used his cane to draw the guy close enough to the stage so he could plant a kiss on the man's nose.


 

Chanyeol roared with laughter while clapping like a seal.


 

When Kyungsoo drew the man closer he noticed the real source of the guys discomfort. Kyungsoo smirked when he thought about the man's seeming indifference was solely to cover his reaction to Kyungsoo’s dance.


 

Kyungsoo slowly released his grip on the stranger, as he drew back he his lips, making sure pause at his lip ring, never breaking eye contact with his poor victim. He chuckled when he heard the strangled groan the stranger couldn't contain. Kyungsoo shot the stunned man a saucy wink before he turned and left the stage making sure to borrow some hip swivels see saw Baekhyun use.


 

When he was safely back stage Kyungsoo couldn't keep the laughter contained anymore. He passed Baekhyun who gave him an odd look which Kyungsoo assumed was partly nerves, since it would probably be Baekhyun's last time dancing on the stage and partly because Kyungsoo rarely laughed. He'd chuckle here and there, often smirked but a full out laugh was seldom seen. He was in such a fine mood he gave Baekhyun a playful smack on the for luck before proceeding into the dressing room to get back into his everyday clothes.


 

Baekhyun stopped adjusting his shirt for the 100th time to watch his friend walk away. He smiled to himself when he heard Kyungsoo’s laughter and the extra swagger that was not a normal part of Kyungsoo’s no nonsense routine. He knew his plan was working Chanyeol owed him $50 but that would have to wait. It was his turn to claim his man.


 

It didn’t take very long for Kyungsoo to change, he used very little makeup and frankly there was very little of a ‘costume’ to switch out of. He was just leaving the dressing room, having changed into a simple white button down shirt paired with black trousers, not too tight but well fitting in all the right places, topped off with a leather biker’s jacket, when he ran into the guy who'd been sitting with Chanyeol.


 

The poor man's face was a rather pale compared to the flush that had been staining his high cheekbones earlier.


 

“Are you okay okay?” Kyungsoo asked snagging an arm before the man could pretend he didn't know who Kyungsoo was and politely excused himself.


 

“Ummmm… I need to use the restroom but there were strange noises coming from in there.” He said nodding his head in the direction of the men's room. His cheeks once more turning into tomatoes. (Kyungsoo may have wanted to nibble at.)


 

“Oh that was probably Minseok and Luhan. Luhan has to stake his ‘no trespassing’ sign all over Minseok whenever he dances.” Kyungsoo said with a shrug. He noticed the kid was looking uncomfortable again so he was about to offer an alternative when the backstage doors flew open.


 

Through them strolled Chanyeol with a shirtless Baekhyun draped over his shoulder the fine web of chains Baekhyun was wearing jingling with every step his fiance took. Chanyeol walked by the two without a word but Baekhyun being Baekhyun didn't stay silent. “Kyungsoo meet Jongin, Jongin meet my best friend Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo can you give Jongin a ride home? It's on your way. Chanyeol you wore you're lucky one pants! Oh I am the lucky one.” Baekhyun sang.


 

By this time they were almost to the rear exit door. Not waiting for an answer from the two friends. Just before the door is closed after them they heard Chanyeol say something and the sound of Baekhyun's happy giggle in response. It wasn't probably better that they hadn't heard what Chanyeol had said.


 

So the mischief Baekhyun had been planning was finally revealed. Kyungsoo still couldn't be mad at his friend. He turned to properly introduce himself to Jongin only to find the other man staring at his lips. He was about to say something again when he realized he'd been unconsciously fiddling with his lip piercing and Jongin seemed more mesmerised then repulsed. Kyungsoo ran his tongue across his full lips to see Jongin watch every move and when Kyungsoo got to his lip ring Jongin made a strangled sound. Kyungsoo tried to hide his amusement at how easy it was to tease the man. “Jongin, wasn't there something you wanted to do?” Kyungsoo asked keeping his voice low while he slid his hand up Jongin’s arm to his shoulder then up to Jongin’s neck so he could absently play with the strands of hair at the base of the man's skull.


 

The look in Jongin’s eyes when they finally met Kyungsoo’s was enough to make Kyungsoo's breath catch in his throat. The promises in that gaze was something Kyungsoo was very much interested in exploring, but not tonight.


 

“A bathroom maybe?” Kyungsoo asked lowering his voice even more so Jongin unconsciously leaned closer to hear what was being said.


 

After several minutes of staring into Kyungsoo’s eyes Jongin seemed to remember he’d been asked a question that required an answer.


 

“Mmmmhhh…. What?” Jongin asked as he  blinked himself out his dazed state. “Oh, right! A bathroom.” Jongin muttered as the blush returned to his cheeks.


 

Kyungsoo tried his best to muffle his laughter as he allowed his hand to fall back to his side before he turned to another door, this one marked ‘ladies’. “I got it. Don't worry.” Kyungsoo said.


 

“Everyone out!” Kyungsoo growled as he poked his head in the restroom after a brief knock. Luckily his room was mostly unoccupied at the moment. “All clear." Kyungsoo told Jongin after the few girls hurried out the door he motioned for the other to enter with a sweeping arm gesture.


 

“But…” Jongin hesitated not wanting to cross forbidden lines.


 

“Don't worry. I'll stay right outside so no one wanders in before you're done.” Kyungsoo promised with a wink.


 

Not sure if he could trust a guy with such a naughty side but Jongin really had to use the facilities so he nodded briefly before dashing into the room. He thought he heard a quiet chuckle but didn't look back to check as he rushed into a stall and slammed the door closed behind him. Jongin was washing his hands, as he turned to dry them he almost shrieked when he saw Kyungsoo lounging casually against the wall near the hand dryer.


 

“All better?” Kyungsoo asked with a smirk.


 

“Yes....” Jongin mumbled not quite sure what to make of the guy's presence in the restroom.


 

“Maybe you could dry your hands before we head out?” Kyungsoo snickered to himself as he walked the short distance to where Jongin stood frozen in place. He dared to rest his hands on Jongin’s hips and gently guide the man the final distance to dry his hands. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin’s waist to grasp his wrists to place them in position under the jet of hot air.


 

Kyungsoo hid his smile behind the man's back as he felt the tremble run through the other’s body. He had to admit he wasn’t completely unaffected by Jongin’s nearness either. He quite enjoyed the spicy cologne Jongin wore and also the constant blush on the guy’s cheeks in response to Kyungsoo’s teasing. Let's not ignore there was just something so dang attractive about the guy. Curse Baekhyun and his meddling ways.


 

Kyungsoo decided Jongin had been a victim of his teasing long enough, released Jongin’s now dry hands and stepped abruptly way.


 

“If you're ready to go I'll meet you out back or if you'd like to enjoy the party longer I can introduce you around.” Kyungsoo said as he exited the restroom.


 

Needless to say Jongin was confused by the sudden change but he followed along wordlessly.


 

“I'm ready to leave if you are.” Jongin said as he hurried after Kyungsoo’s retreating back. It had been an interesting night that was for sure, Jongin mused as he caught up with the now serious Kyungsoo. Jongin felt a little sad that he might have done something to offend the other man. In some strange way he almost missed the playfulness.


 

“I really don't mind getting a taxi home. I'd hate to be a bother.” Jongin said as they exited through the door Baekhyun and Chanyeol had used a short while before.


 

“It's no trouble. I'd hate for Baekhyun’s scheme to be a total waste.” Kyungsoo said as he came to a stop by a sleek black motorcycle. He found a spare helmet had magically appeared, no doubt courtesy of BaekYeol, on his handlebars. He tossed the helmet to Jongin who caught it effortlessly even though his mind seemed to be elsewhere.


 

“You’re okay with motorcycles aren’t you?” Kyungsoo asked. He knew Baekhyun would have expected for him to have his bike tonight and he was sure his friend would have made sure the guy wouldn’t be terrified so why was he hesitating again?


 

He should have known when Chanyeol was so insistent that he come to the bachelor party that there was a catch behind the invitation. Now it was becoming clear. He was being set up to meet this super hot guy their friend Kyungsoo. That would also explain all of the out of the blue questions on his feelings about motorcycles.


 

“Yeah, you’re fine. I mean I’ll be fine riding with you.” Jongin could feel his cheeks heat and hoped the darkness of the parking lot hid his reaction. “I’m good. Shall we?” He finally said before cramming the helmet on his head. He tried to pretend he hadn’t heard a return of Kyungsoo’s y soft chuckle.


 

“I can go slow if you haven’t done this in a while.” Kyungsoo offered, mentally kicking himself for not being able to stop teasing the poor guy.


 

A muffled reply was heard but Kyungsoo couldn't make out the words.


 

“I'm sorry. What did you say?” He asked as he started the engine.


 

“I'm sure I can handle whatever you throw at me.” Jongin replied.


 

If that was the edited version what was the original, Kyungsoo wondered, secretly please that Jongin had a snarky side.

 

Jongin placed a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder to keep his balance as he swung his leg over the bike. Kyungsoo felt the tingle from the contact even through the layers of clothes.

 

“Are you sure you're going to the warm enough kid?” Kyungsoo asked “We could borrow something from the costume department if you don't want to get chilly.”

 

Once again a muffled grumbling is heard before Jongin replied in a clearer voice “I'm fine thanks!”


 

Kyungsoo struggled to contain his laughter at the guys fire. He couldn't help but wonder how else this fiery streak would manifest itself. (Cue naughty visions danced in Kyungsoo’s head.)


 

“Hold on sugar lamb.” Wasn't the only warning to offered before they raced off into the night. “Where are we going honey lamb?” Kyungsoo shouted it over the roar of the engine.


 

Kyungsoo heard Jongin complain about all the new nickname before telling Kyungsoo his address in a much louder voice. Even though Kyungsoo was greatly tempted to just drive them to his apartment and see where things would go, he didn't want to give in so easily to Baekhyun's scheme and he was afraid that Jongin could quickly become a threat to his heart.


 

Kyungsoo noticed Jongin rode a motorcycle without tensing up or (unfortunately) holding on too tightly.


 

“Here we are sweet lamb.” Kyungsoo said as he stopped outside the apartment building Jongin had given has his address.


 

Kyungsoo didn't try this time to hide his amusement at Jongin’s distaste for the new terms of endearments.


 

He removed to helmet to better enjoy Jongin’s frustration only to be struck speechless when Jongin rested his hands on Kyungsoo's upper thighs and leaned in until a tiny distance separated their faces.

 

“I'm far from a lamb.” Jongin growled before he leaned in and stole a quick kiss from the still frozen Kyungsoo.


 

As Jongin turned and sauntered away, Kyungsoo laughed out loud. Oh yeah that boy was serious trouble. Good thing their paths would never cross again.


 

It had been weeks since the Baekyeol bachelor party and he still couldn't get images of Jongin out of his mind. It was at its worse at night when he closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Images of kissably full lips, warm brown eyes and beautiful golden skin, haunted his dreams. That was why the day the man walked into Kyungsoo's shop with sinful lips, a baseball cap covering a good portion of his silky dark hair, his tailored dress shirt tucked neatly into the waistband of his trousers (offering Kyungsoo a feast for his eyes) before the man glanced up and caught Kyungsoo's gaze. Sure enough it was Jongin, his cheeks bloomed with roses when he caught Kyungsoo checking him out. He probably would have bolted out the door but Kyungsoo had moved to place his body between Jongin and the exit.


 

“Jongin. Miss me so much that you tracked me down at work? Were you perhaps hoping a second chance….. to ride my motorcycle?” Kyungsoo teased as he slowly moved closer to Jongin.


 

“No! I….. You…… Chanyeol said I should come here since I was looking to adopt a dog!” Jongin stammered, stepping back and finding himself trapped between Kyungsoo and a display case of home baked pet treats.


 

“Are you sure that was all you were looking for?” Kyungsoo asked while continuing to slowly advance towards Jongin.


 

Whatever Jongin was going to say was forgotten when he feels a pair of tiny paws against his pants leg. A quiet ‘yip’ draws his eyes down to the small ball of fluff looking up at him with adoring eyes. This is my new. He usually has an issue with trusting new people but apparently not with you. “This Is Mongu. He usually has a problem with new people but apparently not with you.” Kyungsoo laughed as he scooped up the squirming dog into his arms. Mongu was still straining to get closer to Jongin. As soon as Kyungsoo passed the wiggling ball of fur to Jongin's waiting arms, the dog covered Jongin's face in puppy kisses. The laughter that the pups actions inspired made Kyungsoo just the teeniest bit jealous of the dog.


 

“He's so cute!” Jongin cooed when he could talk between puppy kisses. “Is he available for adoption?”


 

“Yes, but like I said before he has a problem around new people and may not socialize well if you have other pets, a roommate or a girlfriend or a boyfriend.” Kyungsoo mumbled the last part not 100% ready to hear that Jongin was dating anyone.


 

Jongin smirked as he met Kyungsoo's eyes over the now contented canine’s head, snoozing in his arms. “Well, I did meet that really hot guy at a friend's bachelor party but I haven't gathered the courage to ask him out yet. Besides I don't think Mongu would have any problem with him, the guy has a way with animals.” There was a definite mischievous twinkle in his eyes that may have given Kyungsoo butterflies in his stomach.


 

“Oh.” Kyungsoo said and then silently berated himself for his lack of a better response. His attention was drawn away from Jongin’s beauty by the sound of a loud snuffle and a half bark.


 

“Are you getting jealous of Mongu getting all of the attention, Baby?” Kyungsoo asked as he bent down to give the Bulldog a scratch behind his ears.


 

“Baby?” Jongin laughed.


 

“Well his real name is Cornelius but I think ‘Baby’ suits him better.” Kyungsoo chuckled as the drooling dog his face. “Baby is getting a little chunky because he has his begging face down to an art form and he can convince almost every patron of the cafe to share a treat with him. He's going to be hitting the doggie treadmill if he doesn't start behaving.” Kyungsoo said with another laugh when the dog gave him an extra sad look. “I've given up on trying to find him a home and he's become a mascot of sorts, for the cafe but Mongu is his best buddy they will probably miss each other for a while.” Kyungsoo mused more to himself then to Jongin.   


 

“Should I not adopt Mongu?” Jongin asked with a slight frown marring his handsome brow and a tiny pout on his delectable lips.


 

Kyungsoo was so distracted by Jongin's face that he almost forgot he needed to respond to the question the guy just asked.


 

“No it's better if at least one of them finds a good loving home.” Kyungsoo finally said before he went back to scratching Baby’s belly. Jongin lost the track of the conversation instead, discreetly (not so much) checking out how Kyungsoo's was highlighted in his jeans especially when he knelt down to Baby’s level.


 

“How long have you worked here?” Jongin asked when he finally stopped ogling Kyungsoo's posterior (Kyungsoo stood up and caught Jongin staring).


 

“Since day one.” Kyungsoo said with a fond smile. “I started the business with my friend Jongdae. The combination of adoption center and pet cafe was my idea so the animals and possible new owners can hang out in a comfortable environment.” Kyungsoo said as he busied himself tidying up a display of informative flyers so he didn't become jealous of the continued cuddling Jongin was giving to Mongu.


 

“So you dance as a side job?” Jongin asked between Mongu’s puppy kisses.


 

“Oh God no!” Kyungsoo laughed. “Baekhyun somehow talked us all out of retirement for one night only. I don't think the parents of Yixing’s patients would appreciate his being a dancer or for that matter the parents of Baekhyun’s students would probably ask for his dismissal from his teaching position at his college.” He explained. “Most people take a dim view on professional dancers. They automatically assume we are es or drug addicts or both and they don't want their impressionable children to be tainted by association with us.” There was a bitter edge to Kyungsoo's voice that wasn't missed by Jongin or the puppies who were now straining to get Kyungsoo's attention.


 

On the inside Jongin wanted to chase away the pain Kyungsoo hadn't realized he was sharing but he was pretty sure his first impulse to kiss away the hurt wouldn't be welcomed at the moment, so he waited until the dogs worked their magic and Kyungsoo was laughing at Baby’s desire to be picked up (showing off an impressive set of biceps).


 

“I'm hungry.” Jongin said unexpectedly, making all eyes turn back to him. “I know this nice little cafe that the best chicken you've ever eaten. Would you like to join me?” Jongin internally was kicking himself for being such an idiot and just blurting out the invitation like that but when Kyungsoo didn't outright laugh at his offer or hit him (he'd seen muscles, they were mouthwatering no joke). Jongin dared to steal a peek at the shorter man from one eye after he'd closed his eyes in preparation for the rejection to find all eyes staring at him now. Baby was still cradled in Kyungsoo's capable arms (Jongin was not jealous of the oversized drool factory!) Mongu stared at him in what would be described as a dog’s version of surprise and Kyungsoo had neither said “yes” or “no” as yet but at least he was back in the present and not reliving old memories.


 

“I actually have some chicken cooking upstairs right now.” Kyungsoo finally said. Not being the response Jongin had hoped for his heart felt like it was dropping until Kyungsoo continued. “Would you like to join us?


 

“Us?” Jongin asked after the initial shock had worn off that Kyungsoo was not saying “No” to spending time together.


 

“Yeah, Baby, Mongu and the gang and of course me.” Kyungsoo said before he tugged Jongin closer to plant a chaste kiss on his stunned lips.


 

“Okay!” Jongin squeaked not caring who “the gang” included as long as Kyungsoo was willing to kiss him in front of them.


 

Kyungsoo’s laughter was the most beautiful sound Jongin had ever heard and he swore he’d do everything in his power to hear it more often.


 

“Don’t get any ideas loverboy.” Kyungsoo laughed again as he took one of Jongin’s hands to guide him up to his residential part of the building. “It’s just dinner tonight. Dessert will have to wait for another night, sugar plum.” Kyungsoo said as he juggled the stairs holding a happily drooling dog and leading Jongin by their joined hands.


 

Jongin wasn’t sure what that meant but it sounded promising. His mouth was watering at he wasn’t sure if it was a result of the aromas drifting down the stairs or the view of Kyungsoo going up in front of him.

 

A few short weeks later, Jongin strolled into his and Chanyeol’s shared office where they worked as toy designers with an extra jaunty swagger (or maybe a little bit of a limp), whistling a happy tune and sorting a very large hickey on his neck.


 

“Someone had a good weekend.” Chanyeol commented when he recognized the tune his friend was humming. He should know never to make a wager with his husband but he enjoyed the consequences almost as much as Baekhyun did.


 

“Mmmmm….. Kyungsoo made me dessert.” Jongin said cryptically.


 

Chanyeol opened his mouth to ask for more details but thought better of it when he noticed how carefully Jongin perched on his cushy office chair.


 

All morning long Chanyeol was cursing Baekhyun and his matchmaking skills and Kyungsoo for his hidden evil side. As Chanyeol attempted to work on a new design idea Jongin’s phone kept going off indicating he’d received a new text. Chanyeol knew the messages were all from Kyungsoo because more often than not Jongin would smile and blush before sending back a quick reply. Kyungsoo knew that Jongin shared an office with Chanyeol and that Chanyeol was working on an important presentation so this was Kyungsoo’s version of retaliation for something and if Chanyeol couldn’t finish his work during office hours he’d have to work from home thus spoiling his time with Baekhyun.


 

“Jongin, do you mind?” Chanyeol asked, trying to hold on to the last shred of his patience when the constant texts continued into the afternoon.


 

“Oh! I’m sorry! Was my phone bothering you? My Soo Soo Bear is just so needy sometimes.” Jongin said as he looked back at his phone and blushed as a new message popped up on the screen.


 

Chanyeol tried to stifle his automatic gag reflex. Fine if that’s the way it’s going to be, Chanyeol thought as he pulled out his own phone and sent a quick message.


 

“Soo Soo Bear, please stop sending Jongin all of those ‘texts’ or I will tell Baekhyun. Don’t forget we are still not set on who will be our daughter’s godmother. We might decide a club owner or former one would be a better choice.” Chanyeol sighed as he put his phone back in his pocket.


 

Not a minute passed before Jongin’s phone got another message. This one instead of a blush and giggle, caused a pout and Chanyeol received puppy eyes from his friend. Finally some peace and quiet so he could tackle the pesky flaw in the design.


 

Buzz…. buzz


 

Now what? Chanyeol was ready to scream or cry with his frustration until he looked at his phone and saw the sender was his husband.


 

“What did you say to Kyungsoo?”


 

“ :-(  I promise i’ll tell you everything later! I love you! xoxo P. S. You won…. again.” Chanyeol texted back.


 

“Okay. I love you more! xoxoxoxo”


 

“Why is it fine when you get a text but my Kyunggie Lamb isn’t allowed to text me?” Jongin asked with a noticeable whine to his tone.


 

“Jongin, You know you’re like a brother to me but I need to finish this so I don’t get fired. All I’m asking for is just a little peace, so please let it go.” Chanyeol snapped but regretted his outburst immediately afterwards when he saw Jongin’s bottom lip quiver like it does when he’s trying not to cry.


 

Chanyeol sighed before quietly closing his laptop and walking out of the office. He returned shortly with two icy cold Cokes. “The bottle said to share this with a friend.” Chanyeol offered as Jongin’s eyes go first to the offered cola resting on his desk and then to his oldest friend.


 

“I’m sorry. I’ll just finish the prototype plans at home. are we good?”


 

“Of course! I can never stay mad at you for long anyway.” Jongin smiled. “I could look at your project if you’d like.” He offered brightly.


 

“Thanks but, no. You have your own deadlines and I’m sure it’s just something simple that I’m overlooking. Hopefully a change of scenery will be all it takes for inspiration to strike.”  


 

“Mmmmm…. Or you and Baekhyun can just have . Kyungsoo gets his best ideas for new dishes for the cafe after we…” Jongin was saying only for Chanyeol to slap his hands over his ears and plead.  

 

“No. Please don’t tell me! I’ll never be able to eat Kyungsoo’s cooking ever again!”


 

Jongin smirked behind his Coke bottle, Kyungsoo was right, payback can be fun.


 

Chanyeol was so busy tossing all the things he’d need to finish his work into his laptop case when he thought he caught his friend smirking to himself. When he glanced back, Jongin was blinking up at him all wide eyed and innocent. Chanyeol shook his head at the thought that maybe Kyungsoo was rubbing off on his longtime friend and coworker.


 

“Did you need something, hyung?” Jongin queried, giving Chanyeol that doe eyed look again, as if that would fool Chanyeol.


 

“No. Call me if you need anything.” Chanyeol called over his shoulder as he dashed for the door.


 

“Don’t forget Sehun’s party is next weekend.” Jongin called to his friend earning him some dirty looks from passing co-workers. Jongin gave the scowling office manager a slow once over followed by a bite on his lip. In no time the look of disapproval was gone and in it’s place was a coy smile and a girlish giggle. Jongin blew her an air kiss and all thoughts of reprimanding him for his behavior was forgotten.


 

Chanyeol witnessed the exchange as the elevator doors closed. He shook his head in wonder. Kyungsoo had some habits to break in that one.


 

“Hey baby! I’m home.” Chanyeol called as he kicked off his shoes and peeled off his dripping jacket.


 

“Forgot your umbrella again?” His husband asked as he helped remove the soaked garment.


 

“Yes.” Chanyeol replied sheepishly, because his husband had reminded him before he left for work to not forget it. “Where’s my kiss? Aren’t you wondering why I’m home so early?”


 

Baekhyun gave his love a quick peck on his icy lips before pulling back again. Laughing at the pout he received for such a brief kiss. Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s tie. “You’re dripping all over the floor. Why don’t we get you into the shower then you can tell me how your day was?”


 

“Okay, but then I want a better kiss.” Chanyeol pouted between chattering teeth.


 

“Of course and after you solve the problem with the prototype you’ll get a much deserved reward.” Baekhyun promised with a naughty smile on his lips, making Chanyeol so distracted he walked into the closed shower door.


 

“Ow! Can this day get any worse?” Chanyeol grumbled.


 

“I’ll make sure to kiss you all better later I promise.” Baekhyun cooed as he removed his clothes and joined Chanyeol in the tiny shower.


 

“The day just got 1000 times better!” Chanyeol said as he slowly defrosted under the warm spray.


 

“Easy big boy. Shower now, reward later.” Baekhyun laughed as he poured shampoo in his hand to wash his husband’s hair.


 

“Slave driver.” Chanyeol sighed as he tilted his head back, enjoying Baekhyun’s tender touch. “Did you know that pup had the nerve to flirt with Mrs. Choi to escape her wrath?” Chanyeol mumbled trying not to allow his sounds of enjoyment rumble out of his chest.


 

“Mrs. Choi? Isn’t she like 90?” Baekhyun mumbled trying to not get too distracted by the beauty in front of him.


 

“Yeah and she giggled like a schoolgirl. It was so gross!” Chanyeol whined as he turned at Baekhyun’s prompting.


 

“I wouldn’t worry too much. He has Kyungsoo and he isn’t likely to do more than charm his way out of trouble. Dang Yeol have you been hitting the gym without me?” Baekhyun wondered aloud, getting very distracted by the taut abs he was supposed to be washing.


 

“Hmmm….. Yeah, I didn’t want to get flabby from sitting at a desk all day and we have a new workout room at the office.” Chanyeol murmured half falling asleep and not noticing yet the scrubbing slowed down to sudsy caresses.


 

“I gotta go!” Baekhyun squeaked before he bolted out of the shower stall.


 

“But Baek, You didn't finish yet. Chanyeol complained.


 

“I gotta start dinner.” Baekhyun called over his shoulder as he wrapped up in a robe and dashed out of the room.


 

The next day at work the door to their office opened unexpectedly and in strolled Kyungsoo carrying a bag sporting the “Do Da Dae Cafe” logo.


 

“Hi, honey cakes. I bought you a little something so you’d remember what you have waiting for you at home.” Kyungsoo said as he placed the bag on Jongin’s desk, shooting dark looks at anyone that happened to glance his way.


 

Jongin’s mouth was watering but it was due more to how Kyungsoo looked and less the scent of freshly baked treats. Dressed in a white ‘Daezed and Confused’ Chen’s latest album, personalized, vee neck tee and skinny jeans that highlighted Kyungsoo’s assets. Jongin didn’t pay any attention to what was being said between his boyfriend and his oldest friend.


 

“So you got past your block?” Kyungsoo asked.


 

“Yup.” Chanyeol smiled brightly, tilting his head to expose a huge hickey near the base of his neck.


 

“Gross. TMI.” Kyungsoo complained with a straight face but a telling twinkle in his eyes.


 

A crowd was gathering outside his office, no doubt lured there by the sight of Kyungsoo in those jeans, Jongin surmised.


 

“Soo bear,” Jongin hoped the whine didn’t sound too obvious to anyone else's ears. "What brings you all the way across town?”


 

Kyungsoo perches himself on the edge of Jongin’s desk next to where Jongin was sitting. “I wanted to make sure you weren’t missing me too much.” Kyungsoo leaned over to whisper in his boyfriend’’s ear. “I was in the area and I thought I’d drop off your and Chanyeol’s tee shirts so you can wear them to the company picnic. Jongdae offered to throw a fundraising benefit concert since he wanted to expand the shelter to accept cats and we need as much exposure as possible.” Kyungsoo replied, tossing a shirt to Chanyeol before grasping the hem of the shirt he was wearing.


 

Jongin had not been paying any attention to what Kyungsoo was saying, too lost in the sight of his boyfriend’s thighs so close but being unable to do anything. The sight of Kyungsoo preparing to expose his torso  in front of Chanyeol snapped Jongin out of his stupor. “Kyunggie pie! Not in front of Chanyeol! He might not be able to control his lust and try to ravage you!” Jongin pleaded, practically throwing himself across his boyfriend in an attempt to stop him from removing his tee.


 

“Jongin.” Uh oh Jongin knew he was in trouble if Kyungsoo used his name instead of a cute pet name. “Chanyeol has seen me shirtless. Have you forgotten how you and I met?”


 

Jongin glanced over at his friend who was shuffling papers on his desk needlessly while shamelessly eavesdropping. “No honey I haven’t forgotten.” Jongin replied sheepishly. “But still…” Jongin tried again.


 

“it’s okay my sweet ginger cookie.” A muffled guffaw was heard from the other side of the office but Jongin could care less, his baby wasn’t too mad at him. “I’m not planning on stripping in your office. I have another shirt underneath. Kyungsoo consoled his pouting lover, leaning in to kiss him softly on his forehead and nose and cheeks and finally a more lingering kiss on his lips.


 

Cough

 

Cough

 

COUGH


 

“Shut up Chanyeol or I’ll tell Baekhyun you wanted to see my Soo bee shirtless.” Jongin threatened between escalating kisses, the crowd outside the office seemingly forgotten.


 

“Please spread the word about the benefit concert, we need all the help we can get if we want to expand.” Kyungsoo finally said leaning back to give Jongin one more kiss when he whined about the loss of Kyungsoo’s lips.


 

“Will do Soo. I’ll have Baek put up flyers at the college, too.” Chanyeol volunteered.


 

“Just make sure he doesn’t decide to add anything extra to them. I’ve hung up my dancing shoes for good.” Kyungsoo warned.


 

“What? He would never do anything like that!” Chanyeol protested but wasn’t able to keep a straight face for long and soon joined his friend laughing about the fact that it was indeed something Baekhyun would no doubt find amusing to add to the lineup of entertainment for the fundraiser.


 

“Don’t worry Kyungsoo, I’ll talk him into behaving.” Chanyeol offered between chuckles.


 

“I will know who is responsible if any alterations are made to the posters.” Kyungsoo said as he shot Chanyeol one of his deadly looks.


 

All laughter died from Chanyeol’s lips. You could hear a pin drop in the office as Chanyeol gulped, his cheeks lost their color and his eyes doubled in size. Kyungsoo’s wrath was no joking matter.


 

“Okay. Love you my little snickerdoodle.” Kyungsoo said as he hopped off the desk and gave Jongin a quick kiss on his lips. “Bye idiot.” He said to Chanyeol as he sauntered out of the office, unfazed by all of the spectators still lingering by the door.


 

“Isn’t my SooSoo bear the cutest?” Jongin cooed as he started to fold the tee his boyfriend had given him.


 

“ Ummm….. buddy…. did you look at your tee?” Chanyeol asked hesitantly.


 

“Well of course! My Kyunggie boo was wearing it!” Jongin scoffed, giving the garment a firm flick to get all the wrinkles out before he folded it.


 

“You might want to look again.” Chanyeol warned.


 

Pffttt, Jongin thought to himself, what’s the big deal. It’s just Jongdae’s latest CD cover. Only as he looked, his tee wasn’t sporting Jongdae’s face but Kyungsoo’s. Jongin was so mesmerized by how hot his boyfriend looked he almost didn’t catch the slight alteration in the print. Instead of the expected “Daezed and Confused” it read “Dazed and Kyungsooed”


 

“Dude, you might well be wearing a ‘Private property’ sign.” Chanyeol said in an almost awed tone.


 

“I know! Isn’t my precious angel just the most precious angel EVER?!?!” Jongin squealed hugging the shirt to his chest.


 

“Am I interrupting anything?” Yong Guk asked as he strolled into the office, his mere presence had the effect of making the onlookers vanish.


 

“No sir!” Chanyeol said sitting up straighter and tidying his desk.


 

“Mmmmm…..” Yong Guk acknowledged glancing over at Jongin who’d continued to hug his tee. “I just wanted to tell you your prototype for the new toy was truly inspired.” Their boss said while eyeing Jongin with mild concern.


 

“Thank you sir! I have to admit my husband helped me polish off the final project.” Chanyeol admitted.


 

“I see.” Yong Guk said as his sharp gaze assessed Chanyeol before he spoke again, “Maybe I should fire you and hire him then.” At Chanyeol’s look of panic Yong Guk flashed his famous smile and a low chuckle rumbled through the room.


 

“I was just kidding. Accepting your husband’s input is important and is always encouraged.” Yong Guk smiled fondly probably thinking of his own sassy husband. “Is he alright?” Their boss asked as Jongin was now holding his new tee out at arm's length and smiling sappily at it.


 

“He’s been Kyungsooed.” Chanyeol offered for lack of a better explanation.


 

“Mmmm… I see.” Yong Guk said nodding understandingly. “Well keep up the good work boys. Jongin I expect to see some results by the end of the day.”


 

“Yes sir.” Jongin replied not bothering to look up from where he had the tee laid on his desk with his head resting right next to it, as he a fingertip lovingly against the image of Kyungsoo’s face.


 

“Very well then, Jongin make sure you bring your friend along to the company picnic so we can all meet the person that can make you so distracted at work.” Yong Guk said with a completely straight face but his tone was enough to snap Jongin out of his daze.


 

“Yes sir. I’ll be sure to do that, sir!” Jongin said as he carefully folded the tee while maintaining eye contact with his boss.


 

“And of course Baekhyun will be coming again this year, right? Yong Guk released Jongin from his intense gaze to address Chanyeol.


 

“Of course sir! Baekhyun never misses a chance to socialize.” Chanyeol smiled proudly at the mention of his husband.


 

“Mmmm….. Yes his dunking booth idea was brilliant last year.” Yong Guk murmured.


 

“It did raise a lot of money for the charity.” Chanyeol agreed before he remembered exactly who was the unlucky dunkee. “Uh…. he promised to behave this year.” He finished sheepishly.


 

”It was for a good cause and there was no lasting damage done.” Yong Guk smiled fondly. “What was he planning for this year?”


 

“Karaoke for cash?” Chanyeol offered uncertainly.


 

“That sounds good and I can stay dry, too.” Yong Guk chuckled as Chanyeol joined in half heartedly, still unsure if his boss was truly alright with being the target last year. “I’ll let you boys get back to work. Jongin,” Yong Guk said “I expect to see your plans on my desk before you leave today.”


 

By this time Jongin had gotten distracted by the tee with his boyfriend’s image on it and was unaware of his boss’ presence.


 

“Jongin do you want me to tell Kyungsoo that he’s putting your job in jeopardy?” Yong Guk asked sternly.


 

Jongin paled at the threat. He knew Kyungsoo would not be pleased about being the reason Jongin was getting into trouble at work.


 

“No sir! I’ll have my work on your desk in two hours.” Jongin promised.


 

“Hmmm…. See that you do.” Yong Guk said “Kyungsooed?” He asked Chanyeol on his way out of their office.


 

“Yes sir. Definitely Kyungsooed.” Chanyeol agreed. He heard their boss sigh before he disappeared as silently as he’d appeared.


 

When Chanyeol glanced back at his office mate he saw Jongin busily tapping away at his laptop. All seemed back to normal until one noticed the tee draped over a book so the image of Kyungsoo appeared to be looking at Jongin while he worked.


 

“Wow! Really Kyungsooed.” Chanyeol muttered to himself “I’m not even that bad.” Chanyeol’s musings were interrupted by his phone chiming a familiar song. “Hello my precious love! Of course! Okay! Yes dearest! I love you, too! xxxxxx Chanyeol replaced his phone into his pocket only to catch Jongin giving him a disbelieving look. Whatever, Chanyeol dismissed, I’m still not as Kyungsooed as Jongin is.


 

Jongin finished his work in record time with the inspiration in the form of Kyungsoo’s face. He packed everything he’d need and detoured to deliver the promised proposal on their boss’ desk. He tiptoed past Mrs. Choi’s office, not wanting to dodge her roaming hands again or the offer for “coffee and something sweet”.


 

Jongin knew Kyungsoo wasn’t expecting him until later so he stopped by a florist to pick up a nice bouquet of flowers and some pizza so they could spend some quality time together.


 

The ‘closed' sign didn't dampen Jongin’s mood in the least, he simply fished out his spare key that Kyungsoo had given him for just such an occasion. The sound of a bluesy song with lots of bass, playing somewhere towards the kitchen area of the cafe drew Jongin in that direction. As he pushed open the swinging door that separated the cafe from the kitchen Jongin wasn't prepared for the sight that met his eyes.  Before him, completely lost in the music was his boyfriend, his hips swinging in time with the notes floating through the air. Kyungsoo added in some body rolls and hip swivels that had Jongin almost dropping the pizza he forgot he was carrying.  Baby’s happy yip of greeting brought Kyungsoo’s attention to Jongin’s presence.


 

Kyungsoo turned to his boyfriend with a warm smile but before he could say a word Jongin carefully placed the flowers and pizza on the counter and scooped Kyungsoo up in his arms. He strode up the stairs and straight to the bedroom. It hit Jongin like a Divine revelation, Kyungsoo was his one and only, forever more, till death do they part love. He was gonna marry this man. He just wasn't sure if Kyungsoo was ready for that step yet but he could wait. He was by nature a patient man, most of the time.


 

“I thought you said you'd hung up your dancing shoes?” Jongin growled as he helped Kyungsoo shed his clothes. His only reply was a smug smile as Kyungsoo pulled Jongin’s head down to reunite their lips.



 

*********

 

Sehun and Yixing’s engagement party is in full swing.


 

Jongin walks up to the shiny pole anchored to the center of the catwalk, leaps up, does an elaborate spin and ends up hanging upside down holding on with only the power of his thigh muscles. “I still got it baby!” He said laughingly to his boyfriend.


 

“Yes you do honey lamb.” Kyungsoo said not really listening, instead being too distracted by his boyfriend’s continued gyrations and acrobatics. “Wait…. What???” Kyungsoo squawk when the words finally registered.


 

“Didn't Chanyeol tell you? I used to dance part time when I was in college.” Jongin said innocently.


 

“We're going home now Jongin.” Kyungsoo said as he vaulted into the stage and grabbed his boyfriend’s wrist, leading him towards the backstage exit.


 

“You aren't upset are you Soo?” Jongin asked, confused by their abrupt departure.


 

“No I'm not upset but it only seems fair that since I danced for you it's now your turn to dance for me. And only me.” Kyungsoo said as soon as they were out of the view of the others.


 

“Only for you, for the rest of our lives.“ Jongin promised as he tugged Kyungsoo into his arms for a much needed kiss.


 

“And maybe at our bachelor party.” Kyungsoo joked. After a second more heated kiss he added, “Or maybe not. You're all mine. Although it might be nice to see Baekhyun's reaction at my sugar cookies’ skills.”


 

Jongin wisely chose not to tell Kyungsoo that Baekhyun had been a regular at the club when he danced. He was always there to see Chanyeol but he stayed for the entire show.


 

They quickly reached Kyungsoo’s motorcycle which was parked under a street light.


 

“Hop on baby. Tonight I'll drive.” Jongin offered over his shoulder as he started the engine.


 

That was an offer Kyungsoo was looking forward to accepting for tonight and for the rest of his life.