Time Stop for a friend.

Time walking on Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

Time Stop for a friend.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

Year 2022

 

“Breaking News!”

            “Fans flocked at the funeral of Jessica Jung, since the police found her body in her car at the Han River. The case is still under investigation but they are ruling out foul play or murder. Many of her friends both in the fashion industry and the entertainment industry paid respect to young star as her remains still at the funeral home…”

 

“Suicide or Foul Play?”

            “Investigators concluded that the case was neither. According to the police Ms. Jung was suffering from extreme depression and anxiety disorder and was in constant medication… there are some unconfirmed reports of Ms. Jung abusing her meds…”

 

I read the news on my phone and it was all total bull. Abusing her med, suicide, Sica won’t do those kind of things. She is the strongest in terms of mental strength out of all the members in our group. I don’t believe that she would do that, she wouldn’t do that.

“Are you sure you want to go here?” My manager said to me. It was still new to me when I heard that she died a few days ago.

 

Flashback:

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I got up from my bed and grab my phone… it was in the middle of the night and I just got home from my Jeju schedule and an unknown number has been calling me three days ago and it was the same number.

I pick it up irritated and answer it. “Yah! If you don’t have a life then gets one! Or else I will sue you!”

“Taeyeon-ah.” I then recognized the voice. It’s been years since I heard her voice. The last time we saw each other was when we were both present at the 2019 MAMA awards night. We are both civil with each other but still not that close. Though Sunny given me her number, I didn’t try to call it.

“Oh Sica… what’s up?” I said awkwardly.

“Are you awake? Sorry if I disturb you.” She said in the other line.

“I am now…” I said in groan. “What do you want?”

“I just want to talk to you about something…” She said but annoyed right now since I just came from a grueling schedule I just wanted to sleep so I cut her off.

“Jess, can we just talk about later? I have a stressful day and I really need to sleep.”

“Oh sorry.” She said to me. She sounded sad but because my tiredness I didn’t really pay attention to it. “It’s nothing really. By the way… Sorry… and goodbye. You know I don’t hate you Taeyeon-ah my bestfriend.”

 

End of flashback.

 

It was the last time I’ve talk to her, and it was the day they found her dead in her car at the Han River. They say it was suicide, some say Jessica was suffering from extreme depression and has been missing a few days ago, and been reported to the police by her boyfriend Tyler and her sister Krystal.

If it not for Seohyun I wouldn’t found out. I almost fainted when she told me about it and couldn’t believe it. I even called her friends and Sunny to confirm it. As soon as the news spread out I ask SM to cancel everything for today. Of course they didn’t agree and said that what I do will be disastrous. It is not like I don’t know what will happen.

“She was once my friend oppa.” I said head down.

As the door open of my van flashes of lights welcome me from the reporters.

“Taeyeon-shi what are your thoughts of Jessica’s suicide?”

“Will this affect your career?”

“Are you and Ms. Jung friends again?”

“Has Ms. Jung forgave you for kicking her out of SNSD?”

 

That question made me stop on my tracks and about to confront the reporter who said that when I saw Tiffany went towards me and drag me inside.

“Yah! Why do you come in front?! I texted you to enter from the back.” Tiffany scolded me.

But I didn’t listen to her and continue to proceed to the room where Jessica’s remains are kept. I then saw my old members, some with their husband and the others just greeted me.

I then saw the list of attendees and saw what Krystal wrote for her sister. Unnie I miss you… I love you. But as I enter the room I saw Krystal as she approach me.

“How dare you come here?!” She shouted at me and then a large slap landed on my face. “You are the reason my sister died! You… you killed my sister!” Krystal yelled as tears form in her eyes.

Her former members stop her as she was about to slap me again, while Heechul oppa grab me.

“Taeyeon I think you should leave. The Jung’s still considers you as their daughter’s enemy.”

But I didn’t listen to him and just signal him to release me as I continue to walk and pay my respect to Jessica. I saw the picture they’ve use was the one where she was still with the group. I then bow my head as a respect to her and then bow at her parents. I then offer my condolences and I saw the hatred in their eyes. I then stand up and say my condolences to Tyler and then I offer my condolences to Krystal and went out. I didn’t even pay attention to people gossiping and just went out of the room. If I stay there any longer, I would just be considered as a nuisance to everyone there.

As I was about to went out of the funeral home when I saw him, Kwon Jiyong aka G-Dragon. I didn’t even know that he is acquainted with Jessica.

“Why are you here?” He asks me.

“None of your business.” I said. “And you?”

“We are partners in her clothing line once.” He said to me. He then walks towards me but not without saying something that will be stuck on my head.

Don’t try to hide it. If you want to talk just call me.

“What did you say?” I said looking at him.

“Don’t worry. I know that kind of pain that you are feeling.” He said as he went inside.

I didn’t bother what he said and went out. Of course the reporters were still there and they rush to me asking ridiculous question. As I enter the van I just remain as I told my manager to just drive me to my home.

He just agreed and drove me there. Along the way I just stare blankly at the scenery outside of the van. I then remember the memories I have with Jessica. The things we done when we were still trainee, her cute reaction to cucumber and the little fights we have that was so silly. But those fun memories were somewhat overshadow by that one memory.

“I told you Jessica, you can only do one thing! It’s either your fashion or SNSD!”

I remember those words to her and a tear just flows down my cheeks.

What if I didn’t tell her to choose? What if I just protect her?

So much what if was in my head and I couldn’t regret much more than that I couldn’t even tell her that I don’t like too and she is my bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

“Youngbae-ah, take care of Jessica up there.” I just said as I gave my respect to an old friend.

“Jiyong-oppa.” Krystal called me. “Thanks for coming here.”

“She is a friend, a great friend… I just hope that she trusted us more and didn’t keep it to herself.” I said. “By the way I saw Taeyeon here. Did she pay respect to Jessica too?”

“Yeah… She was quite thick faced to even pay respect to my sister.” Krystal said. “She was the one who kick my sister out, and for eight years my sister battle depression alone. Though she prevails for some time, but when she was left out on SNSD’s tenth anniversary concert it came back and it made worse when that said in an interview that she didn’t consider my sister a friend.”

I didn’t say anything to that. I watched that interview and that was 3 years ago, when SNSD was just disbanded. I don’t know why Taeyeon said that but still it was huge news. I then went to talk with my other colleague in the industry to catch up with their life also to remember Jessica.

I was one of the closest friends of Jessica. She helps me get back on my feet when a very close friend of mine died because of my stupidity and pride. After a few hours I leave the funeral and just went to YG to continue my works. As I walk inside, I saw Youngbae’s picture there hanging in one of the walls of the building. I then remember that time. It was time for my enlistment when another scandal hit me. That scandal that falsely accuse me of murder.

 

Flashback:

 

It hit me hard as that incident was due to me being drunk and fought with the victim in the bar the day the victim was killed. The news twisted it and made me the murderer but the fact that police caught the real one doesn’t forget the fact that it already tarnished my reputation and image. It doesn’t even help that my girlfriend Kiko broke up with me too. It scars me deep down and drowns myself in alcohol everyday

On that rainy night I decided to drown myself with alcohol but as I wake up the next day only to notice that I was at the hospital and my parents were crying. A big jolt of pain runs through my whole being and they literally run to call the doctors to check on me. They said I suffered at least 4 broken ribs, my left arm and right leg was broken too, and a severe concussion in my head.

I then ask them what happen, and from that point TOP hyung enter in his military uniform with a sad face. Soon my other members came inside but I didn’t saw Youngbae. Then a jolt of memory from last night rushes through me.

“Youngbae hyung… he went to fetch you at the bar where you passed out last night.” I remember Daesung said. “While driving you back to the dorm… the two of you got into an accident…”

“Hyung… Youngbae hyung…” I remember Seungri trying to stop his tears. “Youngbae hyung didn’t make it. The airbags didn’t work and he was crushed by the collision.”

As I’ve heard that Youngbae was dead, I didn’t believe it. I even thought it was a prank but when I saw that no one was laughing, I then remember something from last night. It was from the accident. I was inside the car bleeding, and from the driver seat I saw someone, lifeless as his hand dangle from his body. I thought it was dream and even didn’t know that it was Youngbae.

I want to punish myself for my own stupidity. I cried hard and just wanted to die that the doctors injected something just to calm me down. It continued for almost three days like that, me crying. I couldn’t even attend the funeral and my bestfriend’s burial. After that everyday, my friends even Kiko came to visit me once a day. Seungri mostly stay at the hospital 3 times a week and take care of me. He knows I was just dead inside and try to get me back on my feet again.

If it wasn’t for my members, my parents, and from YG hyung trying to give me advise and talking to me. I really wanted to die. But the most important thing that happens then was when I went up to the top of the hospital to commit suicide.

I was ready to jump to my death but a hand suddenly pulls me back to the floor. There I saw Youngbae angry at me. I cried just seeing him and then he scolds me. I didn’t remember much after that, as I woke up in the bed and see my friends and family crying. They told me that they found me on the rooftop of the hospital and ask me what I was doing there.

Tears fall down as I remember what happen, and who stop me in my stupid acts. I just cried infront of them for the first time. I then told them about what I wanted to do and who stop me.

“Youngbae… is the only person in the world who could stop me… and this time… I won’t waste this chance.”

 

End of flashback:

 

Because of the accident, I was exempt from the mandatory military service, but after the rehabilitation, I ask YG to give me at least a year to gather my thoughts. I then joined a volunteer group that Sean Hyung recommended. It was my way of serving even though it is only for a year. I went to volunteer in different country for a while until at one time I went to Hong Kong and met Jessica there, we talk and became friends and propose of collaborations for the new denim line she is producing.

That is when I know her pain and why she didn’t tell anyone about it. It hurts that another close friend of mine died like this, but I know that the people she left behind feel much greater pain.

After I settle my work in YG and bid goodbye, I ask my manager to just bring me home to rest. Once there, I just readied myself to bed, but as I was out of the shower when I remember Taeyeon earlier.

I just hope she is alright…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

 

I lie in the bed and thought of what happen this day. I visit Jessica’s funeral, ignore my members whom. I haven’t been in touch with since we disbanded, though we always greet each other whenever we see each other but that’s it.

I then look at the window and saw that it was snowing again. I close my eyes and a flash of memory came into my mind.

“Hey Taeyeon wake up!” Jessica called me. “It’s the new year!”

“Sica let me sleep… beside why are you awake now? Aren’t you our sleeping princess?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter