Finale

Uncontrollable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Uncontrollable [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Love is deaf, you can't just tell someone you love them. You have to show them.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

It wasn’t the first time.

 

No, Jiwoo couldn’t even keep count anymore. She really didn’t want to read much into it though. They’re teammates and they need to do some type of fanservice, and that was understandable. But she couldn’t deny that she felt uncomfortable around him lately.

 

He doesn’t annoy her …

 

Okay, he does. But he was more tolerable than Matthew.

 

He didn’t make her feel unwanted either.

 

That was the problem.

 

Sometimes, the way he looked at her, like he would give her the world, like he only sees her, like she was his everything. And it really made her feel things she shouldn’t.

 

She couldn’t, no she wouldn’t like him.

 

I’m delusional; he just treats me like his sister.

 

She shook her head a few times and found the courage to turn the knob. She tried shutting the door as quietly as she opened it, seeing Matthew and Somin in their little world, taking videos and derpy selcas.

 

She caught Taehyung sitting in the other side of the room, focusing on his phone and sipping Somin’s coffee like every morning. She didn’t even question why he always sits there alone when the other two are in the same room.

 

She wondered many times what goes on in his pretty head but she just accepted that he’s weird. Adorably weird.

 

The door made a click sound and she saw him perk up. Their eyes connected and he gave her a genuine grin that made her heart thumb louder. He gestured for her to go over and she found her feet taking her there on their own accord.

 

“Good morning Jiwoo.”

 

There was that look again, the one that made her unable to keep eye contact. “Good morning oppa,” She shuffled nervously and sat next to him.

 

Gathering her wits, she turned and looked him dead in the eye and smiled. “Stealing Somin’s coffee again?”

 

“She won’t finish it anyway,” He chuckled and averted his gaze.

 

Good, she wasn’t the one breaking eye contact this time.

 

“Are you free tonight?”

 

The question startled her. She turned to him with what she hoped to be a blank face. But it seemed to make him cower a bit.

 

Damn, she just gave him her signature resting face.

 

“I am, why are you asking?” She appeared calmer than she really was, or that was due to him playing with his fingers and his foot tapping on the flour repeatedly, a sign that he was nervous. His neck and tip of his ears were getting redder by the minute confirming her assumptions.

 

“I was wondering if you would like to go see Jisun performing. You know …”

 

He looked at her with a hopeful expression, and as much as Jiwoo wanted to turn him down, her lips had another opinion.

 

“Yes, sure.”

 

--

 

“Tell me.”

 

“Tell you what?” Jiwoo looked at Somin’s reflection in the mirror and frowned. “You look scary, what’s with the look?”

 

“Any progress with you and Taehyung oppa?”

 

Her eyes widened for a second before she shrugged her shoulders, switching to mode “cool Jiwoo” instantly.

 

“There’s nothing between me and him.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that.” Somin retorted.

 

She didn’t know what to say and just kept quiet, focusing on looking as nonchalant as ever.

 

“You know, when you’re nervous, you switch that resting face of yours on, which is quiet scary by the way. And act like you’re not affected.”

 

Jiwoo scowled and went to object but the brunette hadn’t finished yet.

 

“You have the guy in the palm of your hands, can’t you see?”

 

“He sees me as a little sister.”

 

“No he doesn’t, he sees me as his little sister and act that way with me. With you he tries too hard to get your attention, and I doubt he wants the attention of someone he views as just a sister.” She air quoted the word sister.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Somin sighed; she knew Jiwoo wasn’t as dumb and unobservant as she pretended to be.

 

“Your opinion matters the most to him.”

 

“That’s not true; we all know Taehyung oppa’s own opinion is what matters to him the most.”

 

“Yeah,” The blond smirked but Somin was quick to wipe it. “Before he met you, it was.”

 

Before Jiwoo could interrupt, Somin carried on.

 

“Another fact is that he only praises himself, he rarely compliments others. Yet he goes around saying you have an aura like an empress, praises everything you do, and notices everything about you.”

 

“Remember when we were doing that Vlive and you were tying your shoelace?” Somin stopped fixing her lipstick and turned to look at Jiwoo right in the eye. “He wasn’t even facing you yet once you were out of his sight, he turned to look for you.”

 

“It was only few seconds.” The blond mumbled.

 

“Exactly!” Somin snapped her fingers as if she just proved a huge point. “You were down for like what? Ten seconds? He rushed to you and offered to tie your shoelaces.”

 

“… Or when we tricked the boys on valentine date and you wanted Matthew oppa’s drink but he didn’t notice. Taehyung just silently went and brought you his.”

 

Jiwoo was about to protest so Somin carried on.

 

“He naturally moves to stand by your side, always fixes your blanket, and always says the stupidest jokes because you actually find them funny.”

 

“But …”

 

“His jokes are lame.”

 

“No they’re …” The smug look her friend gave her was enough to shut her up.

 

“You called him cute once and he blushed! I have more receipts don’t worry.” Somin took a breath and continued. “When Matthew oppa said you looked pretty in ponytail, he nodded and felt the need to praise you too, but he couldn’t. So he just cleared his throat and grunted a yes.”

 

“What does it have to do with anything?”

 

“It means he was jealous, duh!”

 

Jiwoo crossed her arms defiantly and Somin knew what was coming.

 

“Made any move on Matthew oppa or are you still cowering in fear?”

 

“Don’t change the subject!” The brunet wiggled her index finger. “But if you must know, we’re going on a date.”

 

Jiwoo thought she misheard, and Somin had to repeat her words.

 

“And you were planning on telling me when?” She sounded and felt offended. The other girl just gave her a guilty look.

 

“You’re here decorticating my non-existent love life while keeping something as huge as this from me?”

 

Jiwoo patted her heart and sighed dramatically. “I thought we were best friends. Me and you are over Som.” The use of the nickname was a proof that the blond was just joking.

 

“Quit being such a drama-queen Jyu!” She slapped her shoulder and they both chuckled.

 

“So when is this date of yours? Because I can’t wait to annoy Big Bad Matthew.” Jiwoo smirked, already making plans of embarrassing him.

 

He had it coming to be fair.

 

“After our North America tour, we’re focusing on practice for now.”

 

Somin checked herself one last time and grinned, satisfied with her reflection. “Let’s go back in, the boys must be wondering where we are.”

 

 

Jiwoo walked outside to the sight of Chaekyung and Taehyung dancing together.

 

Too close, Jiwoo thought with a frown.

 

Somin went over to Matthew who was doing a free show on the side, overly hyped to stay sited.

 

She glanced around and found herself alone in there. She glanced again towards Taehyung and they made eye contact. Chaekyung was still stuck to his side, her arms around his neck, and she was suddenly annoyed.

 

He dared asking her here to leave her alone? Hell no!

 

She huffed indignantly and went to grab a drink; some random guy went over to her whistling and offered to pay for her drink.

 

“Thanks but no thanks.” She didn’t even spare him a glance; instead she turned to the dance floor, feeling someone’s eyes on her.

 

Her eyes connected with Taehyung's who was all alone, she noticed. She just faced forward, ignoring him entirely.

 

“Hey, where did Somin take you? I didn’t even get to spend time with you.” Taehyung took a sit next to her and ordered a drink. Jiwoo just shrugged, not feeling it in herself to tell him of all people where she went.

 

Apparently, he took the hint and sipped his drink silently, until she said she was leaving.

 

“I’ll walk with you.” He was already up and smiled brightly. She put her hand up and effectively stopped him from reaching his jacket.

 

“No need to end your night for me. Have fun.” She left without another word leaving a frowning Taehyung behind.

 

 

Jiwoo thought about it the whole way home.

 

She was disappointed, somehow wanting Somin’s words to be true. After all, when she encouraged Somin to make a move on Matt, she knew the guy had a thing for her too and wasn’t just pushing her to her doom. She thought that was also the case for them, that Taehyung confided in Somin and she was hinting that she had to make a move.

 

How st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter