Secret Signal

Secret Signal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This café is one of the famous café around the area. Students, teenagers, even workers often spend their leisure time here for a cup of coffee or just chilling with relatives. What make this café different is mostly idols from a certain company make it as their permanent hangout lounge. Everyday, you can always meet different idols coming here either alone or with other members. For today, there is this one member of rising girlgroup entering the café. She has the slim and tall body with jet black hair which elegantly falls on her shoulders.

“Good afternoon, Bona-ssi. What can I do to help you?”

Bona, the girl, smiled back at the waiter before she replied “Good afternoon too! Anyway, I’ll take my order when my friend come”

The waiter kindly ushered Bona to one of the empty seat near the window, although there’s no need to do that because that seat will always be her favorite since the first day Bona came here, that wasn’t long after she started become a trainee at the company, and all the waiters here already know that.

She played with her phone for killing the time while waiting her friend. She might just make a call or texted her friend but afraid if she’ll distrub the latter.

After a good 10 minutes, the café door opened showing a fair tall body entered. Just like the usual, the waiter greeted the new customer. Bona still focused on her phone until she didn’t realize the waiter walked toward her table with someone followed from behind.

“Bona-ssi, your friend is here...”

“Oh?” Bona quickly lifted up her head and, to her surprise, her eyes met with a grin on someone’s face. “You are late... Again”

That someone sat on the chair in front of Bona after saying a thank you to the waiter.

“Let me guess. Traffic, right?”

“You know, if I even can, I might just drive a helicopter so I can free from that damn traffic. Did you wait for long, Bona-unnie? I’m sorry...”

 

Bona’s POV

“It’s okay, it was only 10 minutes and by the way what’s with the ‘unnie’, huh? Didn’t I told you to just call me by my name when we aren’t on stage? Moreover, you’re the sunbae-nim here, Jeongyeon-ah...”

Jeongyeon just smiled sheepishly, but then she suddenly stood up. “I’ll take your order, consider it as my apology for coming late. What do you want to have, Bona?”

“Everything is fine since all foods and beverages here are all good”

“Queen of promoting, huh?”

I was so ready to slapped Jeongyeon’s arm but the latter already ran away to the counter. She sticked out her tongue, teased me, but I laughed at her in return. Jeongyeon is that kind of friend that will tease you 24/7 but you can’t help other than enjoy her teasing.

My phone vibrated on the table, I took it to see a notification from V-live. One group that I followed doing a live broadcast, usually I watch them but since I’m hanging out with a friend today so maybe I’ll watch the replay. When my thumb was about to close the app, a brilliant idea suddenly crossed my mind.

I placed the phone right in front me, after waiting for some seconds the display showed myself with some icons around and a chatting box on the left.

“Annyeong, Ujungs~~~”

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

I took a look at my phone to find what time is it, knowing now isn’t time for lunch yet so I’ll just buy us some cakes and cold beverages. I’ve been staring at the menu for some minutes, I could feel my phone vibrated but I ignored it, actually I don’t really know what will Bona like in this café so I ended up asking the waiter instead. I’m back to our table with a tray of molten chocolate chip cookies, hazelnut cheesecake, white chocolate milkshake, and iced mochacinno. When I settled the cakes and beverages on the table and took my seat, my attention caught Bona busy waving one of her hand to her phone while another hand holding the phone right in front of her face.

“I bet there will be a hundred new selca for today on your gallery” I said that while sipping my mochacinno.

Bona glanced at me but then continue talking to the phone, “Guess who’s talking just now?”

“Are you video calling someone?”

“Hmm no~ Not my members hehehe guess who??” Bona continued ignoring me.

“I’m right in front of you but you ignore me, hmm? What kind of date is this” I took a spoon of the cheesecake, I emphasized the word date only for fun but the latter instead shocked with what I said. She giggled but still looking attentively to the phone.

“Yes, I’m on a date now hehehe are you guys jealous~~?”

Wait... ‘Guys’? And what the hell with that aegyo, is it that necessary to do it on video call?

“You all know this person!”

I kept eating the cake, decided not to care much about whatever Bona is doing right now since the latter also didn’t give any sign to notice me.

“Yes!! One of the famous group! You know, right?” Suddenly, Bona stood up and brought her chair next to me. We were now sitting beside each other with my face still drowning on the plate and Bona started to positioning her phone so both of us fit in the camera. “Ujungs~ Let me introduce you guys to my date for today... TWICE’s Jeongyeon!!!”

I coughed hard.

“Hey, stop eating and greet them”

“What are you doing??”

“Live broadcast! Why are you so shocked?”

I quickly fished out my phone and found out the notification before was from WJSN’s V-live channel. Yes. I followed theirs. Well, I followed another groups’ channel too. They’re fun to watch when I don’t have any schedule.

Bona then placed her phone on the table, making us fit in the camera even without her holding it. “My arm hurts so I’ll just put it down, can you guys see us well?”

While Bona kept busy reading the chat from her fans, I tried my best to be out of frame. It isn’t like I don’t want to show off myself but it’s her channel and I just don’t want to be scene stealer.

“Jeongyeon, you haven’t introduce yourself yet...” Bona nudged my arms, “Introduce yourself like you always do in the music shows juseyo~~”

“Eh? Umm... Ok” I straight up my sit, “One in a million! Annyeonghaseyo, TWICE’s Jeongyeon imnida... I’m the one who will take care of our Bona for today”

Bona made a proud ‘aww’ beside me and she giggled so cutely again.

The next thing we do is I listened to whatever Bona tell to her fans, I gave her the best reaction I can give and laughed along with her. She really look lively, very different from what I watched on the screen.

“Oh! Yes! We’ll held our concert soon~” Bona said happily when reading the chat, “Yes, my Jeongyeon also just finished her concert few days ago. It was overseas concert! Whoaa can you believe it”

I don’t know how to react so I just smiled and bowed my head.

“You have to come to our concert, Jeongyeonnie!”

“Uhh when is it?”

“Really? You don’t even know the date??” Bona pretended to sulked. Gosh. If only we’re not in the live broadcast, I’m sure I’ll pinch her cheek right now. “May 19th and 20th, please tell me me you will come”

“Uhh... Well, we’ll have an encore concert on 17th and 18th, then continue with our comeback promo---” I stretched my nape, looking at Bona with my apologetic eyes. But the latter really showed up her dissapointment, still cute, face so I quickly change my words. “But I’ll make sure to attend. Don’t worry you have my words”

“Yeay~~ I’ll give you a ticket then, make sure to come. Okay?”

Bona offered a pinky promise which I gladly accepted it, “I’ll come as a friend. Not as TWICE member”

“You guys will be the one who witness this promise~~”

Then she talked to the phone again, expressing how nervous she’s for their first concert. Speaking of concert, I suddenly want to again. “Wait, Bona-yah... You didn’t even come to my concert too, right?”

Bone stopped talking and turned to face me, “I didn’t get any ticket, plus your concert is overlapping my comeback promotions too. Mianhae, Jeongyeonnie~”

Okay, I lost.

I’ll never win against that aegyo of hers.

After that, I decided to keep silent and eat my cake again. Sometimes Bona asked me to feed her which I, again, gladly accepted. Of course I’m aware that we’re doing it in a live broadcast and even in front of her fans, but Bona reassured me to just do it. She even leaned on my shoulder, still talking in front of the camera like she didn’t notice the frozen body beside her.

“Ah, it’s time to practice! Jeongyeonnie~ Can you drive me to the company?”

How can I say ‘no’?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Bona’s POV

“Ujungs~~ Did you see how gentle our Jeongyeon is? Of course, it is our girl crush Yoo Jeongyeon” I sit comfortably on the passenger seat, waiting Jeongyeon ran to her seat after closing my door. I can tell Jeongyeon would melting everyone’s heart by this action, even only looking at how cool she’s behind the steer would make you flutter. I completely forgot about the live broadcast until Jeongyeon started the engine and looked back at me.

“Is it still live??”

“Eh? Oh y-yeah...” My face felt like heated up by the sudden eye contact but I hid it well by turned my face and focused back at my phone, “We’ll go to our company building, my members already texted me not to come late again hehehe now we should pray for Jeongyeon not to deal with traffic again”

Thankfully, the streets aren’t too crowded for now.

I kept talking and glancing to Jeongyeon, I don’t know if this friend of mine can be so attractive while driving.

Suddenly, we heard a ringtone. Jeongyeon reached her pocket, peeked at the screen and offered me her phone, “Pick it up for me please, I can’t take a call while driving”

I took the phone with my left hand while my right one is still holding my own phone, yes it’s still on live. When I tapped the speaker button, a loud girly voice came out.

[“Jeongyeonaaaah, where are you now??”]

“Uh, umm...” I glanced at Jeongyeon signaling her what should I do now.

“I’m driving now, unnie. What happened?”

[“Where are you going? Can you please pick me up?”]

“Later. I’m with a friend now and I’m taking her somewhere...” She glanced at me for a second before facing the road again, “Bona-ssi, why don’t you introduce yourself?”

[“Eh? You’re finally have a date with Bona? Eyy kiddo I can’t believe you”]

“Hear it by yourself! Bona, please say something”

I froze on my seat, I don’t know how to say. When I was about to say my name, I realized we’re still on a live broadcast... “Would you like! Annyeonghaseyo, WJSN’s Bona imnida~” And by that, the other girl on the other line squealed like a fangirl, Jeongyeon face palmed while I confused what’s going on.

[“Hahaha Nayeon! Control yourself!”]

I heard different girl voice.

“Nayeon-unnie, are you okay? Are you with someone?”

[“Hahaha yes, Jeongyeon, I’m here with her. Nayeon is still there covering with both hands geez I’m so embarrassed to have her beside me right now.”]

“Now you know how I feel like, everyday, beside her hahaha take care of Nayeon until I pick her up, Jennie-unnie”

[“I’m not an unnie for you, Jeongyeon-ah...”]

“Hahaha okay okay, I’m still driving right now so I have to end this call. Tell Nayeon-unnie to stop squealed like a dolphin everytime she talks with cute girlgroup members”

[“Okay, bye Jeongy---”]

[“Bonaaaa! I’m so happy I can finally talk with you!! Do you know how much I---”]

Jeongyeon ended the call with a flash of second.

“I’m sorry for her, Bona-yah...”

Jeongyeon stretched the back of her neck again, I giggled at her cute habit when Jeongyeon feeling sorry. “It’s okay, Jeongyeonnie~ Besides, it’s fun to talk with your friend.”

We smiled at each other.

After a silent seconds ef exchanging smile, we drifted our face to the road again. It was when I realized we’re still on air.

I smiled and waved to my phone.

“Ujungs~~ Thanks for accompanying me and Jeongyeon, it’s now time to say goodbye huhu but don’t worry I’ll be back as soon as possible. So, bye bye~”

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

“I can’t believe you’re still on live until just now??”

Bona only gave me her iconic gummy smile while lifting up her V pose.

“Don’t tell me our phone conversation with Nayeon and Jennie just now also appeared on your live broadcast?”

“I think...yes it was, but I forgot about the broadcast so I didn’t read any comment about it”

“Well, we’ll see about it on tomorrow headline news”

Bona tilted her head like asking me for further explanation.

“A news like ‘Members of Three Girlgroups Made a Cute Phone Call’ maybe?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter