You can stand under my umbrella

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her POV

In the locker room I set my things down and got undressed and wrapped a towel around myself before I headed for the shower room. I couldn’t believe my courage. I hadn’t told anyone in Korea about Jacob except the people I work with. I knew what the stigma of being a single mother was like at home, it was even more frowned upon here. I washed my hair and closed my eyes to rinse the soap out. JunJin said he wanted to get to know both of us but I was hesitant. Would he get to know us and then decide he didn’t want to be around us anymore? That his reputation was more important. Well, there wouldn’t be any way to find except to just go for it. I finished my shower and got dried off. With a towel wrapped around my hair I got dressed then carefully applied my make up. When I took the towel off my hair fell to my shoulders and I ran my fingers through it before I left the locker room. He sat at a table and waited for me. His hair was still damp and I could see the tracks his comb had left when he’d combed it off his face. I guessed he was headed to a meeting after this or something because he had exchanged his workout gear for a nice dark pair of jeans and a dress shirt with a vest and tie. He looked really handsome and as I walked towards him he looked up and smiled at me. The sight of that smile stopped me dead in my tracks and I just took a moment to memorize the way he looked. My feet remembered their task and soon I stood in front of him.

“Are you ready to go, Charlotte”, he stood and grabbed his bag and slung it over one shoulder. Suddenly shy, I ducked my head and nodded. He linked his arm through mine and we walked out of the studio together. I looked at the sky; it had been sunny when I’m come to dance but the sky had gone gray and I could smell the rain in the air. I turned to him and bit my lip nervously.

“This will have to be a quick cup of coffee. It’s probably going to rain and I don’t have an umbrella”, I tugged nervously at the hem of my top.

“I can do you one better than that”, he said with a brilliant, “my car is just right there”, he pointed at a grey car, “we can drive and I’ll give you a ride to work. That way you stay dry and I don’t get a parking ticket”, he said with a hearty chuckle. I stared at him for a moment and considered his offer.

“Okay, JunJin, you can drive me but the coffee is on me”, I smiled and headed for the car he had pointed out. He saw where I was headed and jogged to get there first to unlock the door and open it for me. I slid into the car and buckled my seat belt and he closed my door then ran around to the driver side just as a loud boom of thunder rattled the windows. He got in and as he closed the door, the sky opened up and sent big, fat raindrops down. They bounced off the hood of the car and splashed on the windshield.

“That was close”, he said as he the car and started the wipers. They swished across the glass and I found myself tapping my foot to the rhythm. JunJin smiled and started to tap the steering wheel, he hit every other beat. We did this for awhile then he pulled away from the curb.

“Can I tell you a secret?”, he said as he drove the short distance to the cafe. I glanced at him nervously.

“Sure”, I said quietly and steeled myself for a confession of a girlfriend or a wife.

“I’ve got two umbrellas in my trunk”, he said with a chuckle. I let out a sigh of relief, and laughed with him.

“But I really wanted to give you a ride, I hope you don’t mind”, he said as he pulled up to the cafe and turned the car off, “I’ll let you borrow one to walk to work if you want”, he said and turned to me.

“Oh it’s okay, my feet will stay drier and I will get more time to talk to you”, I answered and went to open my door.

“Hold on! Let me get at least one umbrella out”, he said and turned in his seat and squeezed his upper body between the seats and opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter