Coffee and Chocolate

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We walked to a nearby café that I was a regular at after she hit the locker room and changed and I still hadn’t decided what we would talk about. Surely she knew everything about me, fans usually did but I had a hard time opening up about personal stuff. We walked in and went up to the counter, the barista knew me well enough to start my usual order, a tall iced americano. Charlotte looked up at the menu for moment then ordered the same. I added on a piece of chocolate mousse cake and paid. The barista handed me the little pager and we made our way to a table and sat down across from each other.

“So where do you work, Charlotte?” I jiggled my foot under the table nervously as I looked at her.

“I’m an English teacher. I moved here on a two year contract to teach. I’ve been here about six months so far”, she smiled, “I’ve always wanted to live here and this was the easiest way for me to do it.”

I looked at the clothes she had changed into, a skirt and top that were simple but still bright. She had pulled her hair back with a headband with a bow on it.

Just then the pager went off and I went to grab our drink and the cake. When I sat back down she smiled.

“That cake looks good, ChoongJae.” She reached out and took her coffee.

“So are you working on something new? I’ve been dancing at that studio for three or four months and I’ve never even bumped into you.” She sipped her coffee.

“Oh I just started coming in to practice lately.” She hadn’t seen me yet? That meant I’d been careful enough. I’d been watching her dance for a couple of months. One of the guys I work with had told me there was a lady that came in and dance a few times a week, always to Shinhwa songs. This was the first time I’d been brave enough to approach her. “How long have you danced? You look like you know what you’re doing.” I used the fork and took a bite of the cake, it was sweet and melted in my mouth. She grabbed the fork and took a bite before she spoke.

“I did ballet when I was a kid. By high school I was en pointe. But I stopped ballet while I was in college, I had moved and there wasn’t a class I could take. I ended up taking modern dance classes as electives and found a local studio that did hip hop and stuff.” She took another bite of the cake. “This is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter