8pm (finally lol)

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Charlotte stood in front of the bathroom mirror and tried to keep her hand steady as she lined her eyes with a dark purple eyeliner. She had skipped her usual foundation in favor of a BB cream with SPF because there was still a bit of sun out and she didn’t know what he had planned for their date. Her attempts to find out had led to a picture of a goat, a fountain, and a sock. She once more pushed the things she had heard the girls say at the park to the back of her mind; she didn’t tell anyone about it and it was probably better that way. She finally got her left eye done the way she wanted and grabbed a sheer golden shadow and applied it to her eyelids and blended it carefully. She left the bathroom and went out to the living room. She had the apartment to herself because Tiffany had gone out to dinner, no drinks this time, with the same group as the night before and Maggie and Minwoo had picked Jacob up after a quick dinner. She rubbed her hands up and down her arms and went to grab a cardigan out of her closet. She checked her reflection in the full length mirror as she slipped it on. She had tried to go as casual as she dared without leggings and a t shirt. The tank top had been Tiffany’s idea; it showed a little skin without going too far but she still felt subconscious.  She flipped one pigtail over her shoulder and shrugged; it was cute and casual at the same time, hopefully it would work for whatever mystery date Jinnie had planned for her. She grabbed her phone and slipped it into her pocket and made sure to have a little bit of cash also. She headed out to the living room at exactly 7:59pm and she walked to the door, the doorbell rang. She walked the rest of the short distance and opened the door.

Jinnie leaned against the door frame; his outfit was more casual than her own and she let out a sigh of relief as he smiled at her.

“Right on time”, she said as she smiled back at him; he nervousness had disappeared at the sight of his smile. He reached for her hand and pulled her to him and hugged her.

“Oh course, I didn’t want to make you wait”, he said softly and kissed the top of her head.

“Now will you tell me where we are going?”, she said as she reached back and closed her door.

“Nope”, he said impishly and let her go, took her hand and propelled her to the stairs. As they walked down the stairs she watched his longer legs move gracefully down the steps while her shorter ones had to take the steps two at a time to keep up.

“Slow down”, she said with a laugh, “You forget I’m like 8 inches shorter than you.” He slowed his pace a little and soon they were outside and she saw his car parked out front. He went to get her door and opened it for her. As she settled herself into the comfy seat, he reached across and buckled her in. He winked at her and shut her door and went around to get in the driver’s side.

“I see you wore comfy shoes”, he said as he glanced at her feet in the floorboard.

“Not if Tiffany had her way”, Charlotte said with a chuckle as he started the car, “she wanted to put me in heels and a dress.”

“Well either way, you look great”, he said and pulled away from the curb and drove out of her little neighborhood. She watched him as he drove, his hands gripped the steering wheel lightly and he hummed under his breath softly.

“Our first date”, she said softly with a smile and he turned his head to look at her quickly then took one hand off the steering wheel and grabbed one of hers. His large hands were warm and she timidly linked their fingers and smiled when he squeezed her hand gently.

“And it only took me eight and half months”, he said with a chuckle. She shook her head, “Two and half actually.”

“I was counting from the first time I saw you”, he said softly and used his thumb to rub the back of her hand. She felt her heart skip and beat and her cheeks go red.

“The first time I saw you dance….. I watched you through that little window until right before you left. The guy at the front counter told me how often you came after I slipped him an autograph for his aunt”, he grinned, “then I tried to come every time you might be there. I was too scared to talk to you.”

She let out a shaky laugh; she was shocked that he was scared but knowing what she did, she understand.

“So you really were like a stalker”, she said lightly as they pulled up to a stop light and waited for it to turn green, he flipped on the left blinker.

“More than once I almost came in to talk to you but I was so enthralled by the way you dance. You put all your emotions into every move”, he said softly as the light turned and he easily navigated the car down a narrow street in a part of Seoul she had never been in. His words made her blush even more and she turned her head to focus on the buildings on her side of the street. He knew she had heard him and smiled as he saw the flush that had crept up her slender neck to her face. One of the things he loved about her was her modesty; it was refreshing. He drove until he reached a dead end street and parked in front of a fence that was secured by a padlock. He stopped the car and turned it off. She looked at him puzzled; there was no sign on the front of the building on her side of the car.

“Are you ready?”, he said with a grin and released her hand as he got out and went around to let her out. She stepped up onto the curb and went to peek into the windows of the abandoned looking building.

“That isn’t where we are going”, he said and took her hand and they walked to the wooden plank fence and he pulled a key out of his pocket to unlock the padlock and pushed the fence open. There was a large space that was paved in red bricks that was probably as big as a couple of good sized parking lots.

Inside was a miniature amusement park; there were only a few rides and a food stand. Tucked into one corner was a miniature golf course and beyond all the other rides there was a vintage carousel that had five horses and five bench seats. As Jinnie closed the fence again all the lights came on and music played softly. She stared around in wonder and squeezed his hand.

“I wanted to take you to LotteWorld….. but there will be too many people. I figured this was more your speed”, he said softly.

“How….. what…..”, her eyes sparkled as she looked at him.

“I’ve got a friend that does does this on the side for extra money, birthday parties, wedding receptions, that kinda thing”, Jinnie said and led her over to a picnic table and they sat down together.

“I love it”, she whispered. All the nerves she had felt disappeared as the cool evening air flowed over her skin.

“I hoped you would. So what do you want to do first? I know there isn’t much but I really just wanted to spend the evening with you rather than try to deal with a lot of people”, he said as he smiled at her.

She looked at him hopefully, “ I saw the food stand…..any chance there is any cotton candy in there?” He chuckled and nodded, “And popcorn, corn dogs,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter