O16. Promise

A Broken Doll

 

                With his satchel slung over his shoulder, Lu Han slumped to the dance studio not knowing why he even bothered getting out of bed this morning. This morning, Yi Xing had taken one look at Lu Han and had declared that it was girl problems, which caused Lu Han to roll his eyes. Of course it was. Wasn’t it obvious enough from all the time Lu Han had spent on his new iPhone that week so see if Ke Xin had replied?

                He had tossed and turned last night, trying to accept that Ke Xin just didn’t feel the same way as he did. Maybe he had been a little naïve to think a girl like Ke Xin would like him. But then, even if she felt uncomfortable from his almost-but-not-really confession, he hoped that they could remain friends.

                Coincidentally, as that last thought was running through Lu Han’s head, he saw Ke Xin up ahead, leaned on the doorway of the dance studio doors. Lu Han couldn’t help but think, with another sigh, just how more and more beautiful she was getting every single time he saw her. She had her long hair, in a simple half up hairdo and she wore a crisp white blouse and a high waist A-line skirt. Clutching a tote bag, she seemed to be staring into space, waiting for someone.

                Great, Lu Han thought, now’s my chance to talk to her!      

                “Oh, Lu Han.” Ke Xin straightened up from her leaning position against the doorway, opening to say something.

                “Wait,” Lu Han putting his hands on her shoulders, “I know what you’re gonna say, but before you do, I just wanna let you know that I completely understand that you don’t feel the same way.”

                Ke Xin raised her eyebrows, “Huh?”

                “I’m fine with just staying friends.” Lu Han tried to manage a thin smile.

                In the course of a few seconds, Ke Xin went from having a confused face, to a realization, and then finally an amused one, like she knew a joke he didn’t.

                “Oh that’s too bad, I wanted to be more than friends.”

                “I know, I understand — Wait, what?”

                She laughed, giving him a light tap on the forehead, “Don’t you see? I like you too, you dumb deer.”

                Lu Han felt a huge grin stretching from ear to ear grow on his face. Without thinking, he picked Ke Xin up, spinning her around in his arms while she shrieked and laughed for him to put her down.

-x-

                “But I feel like I owe you something.” Ke Xin said suddenly, brushing his long bangs out of his face. They sat in the storage room, which was beginning to become a favorite spot to the new couple.

                “Like what?”

                “An explanation for why I was avoiding you all week.” Ke Xin guilty folded and unfolded her hands together.

                “Oh yeah. Why did you?”

                “One thing you need to know, Lu Han,” Ke Xin put up her right index finger, “Is that I’m am not perfect. And in fact, I’m far from it. I’m not going to guarantee a perfect a girlfriend but I’m just trying to say that I’m worth it. And I’m scared you wouldn’t even like me if you knew I’m not as I seem.”

                Lu Han smiled gently and nodded, “Ah, but you don’t have to worry, none of your flaws would make me leave.”

                “You promise?” With a gigantic smile, Ke Xin stuck out her pinkie finger, which Lu Han interlocked with his.

                “Promise.”   

 

 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

 

Short update, I know. But the upcoming chapters, dear God. I have them all outlined and it looks like it's going to be a big bad battle between getting everything written down from my brain to paper without it sounding too derpy. 

But seriously, so much is going to happen the upcoming chapters that I'm getting a headache from it all. -.- Lol. Please anticipate it! ^.^