Chapter 4

Office Troubles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gayoon got her things ready before going to her meeting with Gikwang. Junhyung was busy today so she was to go on her own.

This is fine.

She thinks to herself before she leaves the office building. As she begins her journey she collects her thoughts and prepares mental notes on what she wants to say. However, she cannot focus. Her mind keeps on wondering to an embarrassed looking Junhyung as Gikwang spills the beans on how Junhyung thinks she is a capable designer. It makes her smile but she quickly shakes her head.

Focus!

Not long after she reaches Gikwang’s building. She enters and explains that she is here for a meeting to the receptionist. They tell her to wait a few minutes and soon after Gikwang himself greets her.

“Nice to see you again, Miss Heo”

“Likewise”

Gikwang then leads her to one of the meeting rooms. They start the meeting and Gayoon explains her ideas and they discuss the different possibilities. She feels relaxed as its all going well and Gikwang responds well to her ideas. They eventually agree upon a concept for the restaurant and the meeting comes to an end.

“I’m impressed, Miss Heo. I can see why Junhyung trusts you” Gikwang says.

“Thank you” Gayoon says as she feels the heat rising to her cheeks.

Gikwang laughs.

“Don’t be embarrassed. I know how difficult Junhyung looks and that he is strict but it’s all with good intentions”

“I find that hard to believe. His glares burns holes right through me” Gayoon says as she laughs too.

“I can tell you now though, he means well and he does things he does for a reason”

That gives Gayoon something to think about. She bids farewell to Gikwang before she starts going back to her own office building.

What if there was a reason he wanted me to forget that night? Not that I remember most of it anyway.

She vaguely remembers leaving with Junhyung that night. She somehow feels like they didn’t go straight to his apartment though. Gayoon quickly shakes her head and starts thinking of how to report her meeting with Gikwang to Junhyung instead.

-o-

Work was going smoothly to Sohyun’s surprise. She had never seen Byunghun so serious as she discussed the storyboard for the advert with him. She doesn’t realise it but she has started staring at him.

“Is there something on my face?” he asks blankly.

“No, sorry. I just spaced out a bit” Sohyun says.

“Yup, I’d expect that from you while working” he says with a smirk.

“Hey! We agreed to no bullying while we are at work” Sohyun argues.

“I don’t remember making such agreement” he challenges.

“Alright, no lover’s quarrels please!” Luna’s annoyed voice cuts their argument short.

“It wasn’t a lover’s quarrel” Sohyung grumbles.

“Sorry” Byunghun just apologizes.

“I know it’s exciting working with you significant other” Luna says as she eyes Byunghun.

“And I agreed to back off but can we concentrate on work please. I am recording the meeting and I don’t need a lover’s quarrel being recorded, thank you”

“Sorry” Sohyun says.

“Anyway, back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter