Chapter 2

Office Troubles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gayoon was in the middle of a meeting when she got a text. She didn’t recognise the number but read the text anyway.

Let’s meet at the bar after work.

-Junhyung

Her eyes widen at the text and looks up. Junhyung was there in the meeting with her and she is surprised to see that Junhyung was looking her way. She looks away when their gaze meets and subtly nods as a reply to his text. She doesn’t dare to look at Junhyung again in fear of his reaction.

Through out the rest of the meeting Gayoon is tense and Sohyun feels it.

“Are you ok?” Sohyun whispers to Gayoon.

“Yeah” she manages to say but Sohyun doesn’t believe it.

Sohyun leaves it be as she knows they will get scolded by their boss if they were caught whispering. Nothing is scarier than an angry Junhyung.

When the meeting ends Gayoon leaves to go buy lunch and leaves Sohyun alone. Sohyun was about to go back to her desk when she felt someone stand behind her.

“Miss Kwon?”

She freezes as she recognises that strict voice. She slowly turns around to be greeted by Junhyung. He has a neutral face but his neutral face is scarier than anything else.

“Yes, Mr Yong”

“Don’t you let me catch you whispering in a meeting again” he says before walking away.

-o-

Once Gayoon bids Sohyun goodbye she walks for the bar. She wonders about the guy Sohyun said was her friend and feels a little bit suspicious but shrugs it off. Then she feels a bit scared about meeting Junhyung. She doesn’t know what he could possibly want.

Oh God he is going to yell at me for running out on him this morning.

When she had seen Junhyung next to her she automatically freaked out and apologized. He had remained calm as she hid under the sheets. He hadn’t said anything other than for her to stay so they could talk but as soon as Junhyung had went to the bathroom to shower, she had thrown on her clothes and ran out of his apartment.

I have to tell him the truth…

She takes a deep breath before stepping in the bar.

-o-

“Really?” Byunghun blinks.

“Well not really but I have a feeling you will keep pestering me if I don’t agree” Sohyun says.

“Smart choice” Byunghun says as he sips his drink.

“But”

“Oh God”

“Why?”

“What do you mean?” Byunghun questions as he tilts his head to the side.

“Why do you need me to pretend to be your girlfriend?” Sohyun said.

Byunghun puts his drink down and places his elbows on the table. He rests his chin on top of his hand and thinks for a minut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter