Chapter 1

Office Troubles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun was lucky to catch the last train of the night. She had gone to a company party after work. They were celebrating the end of a project. They still had to write the final report but their client was happy and they had submitted the final thing.

She had a few dinks but she was still sober. Somewhere along the night she had lost Gayoon and she hoped her friend was all right. She had tried to call Gayoon several times but got no response.

It was just before midnight when she got to her stop. She had left the party early to catch the train and she was glad to be home soon. She looked around and the street was empty, as one would expect. She was glad for the streetlights as she walked home alone. She wasn’t a nervous person but it was pretty late.

You are being paranoid.

She tells herself as she walks home.

Nothing’s going to happen.

She comforts herself as she carries on walking.

Just as she turns the corner she hears footsteps behind her. Her heart beat speeds up as she picks up her pace. Her apartment is in sight now so she feels revelled. But it’s short lived as she feels someone grab her wrist. She suppresses the need to scream as she turns around and swings her bag at the person who grabbed her.

“Jesus, woman!”

 “Byunghun!?”

“Good to see you too. How long has it been?” he says sarcastically with a roll of his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” she asks as she forcefully pulls her arm out of his hold.

“Strong as always” he says ignoring her question.

“Rude as always” Sohyun spat right back.

“You should know better than anyone else that subtly isn’t my best trait” he says.

“If that’s what you want to call your lack of politeness than sure”

Byunghun rolls his eyes again.

“Anyway, I was hoping to see you tonight” he says as she starts walking towards her apartment building.

She is stunned. Not just from seeing Byunghun is years but at his nerve to talk to her like he didn’t hurt her years ago when they were younger, and also at his nerve to invite himself to her apartment. She snaps out of her daze before following behind him.

“Erm…why?”

“I have a favour to ask” he says simply.

“And what makes you think I will help?” she says as she crosses her arms.

“Cuz you love me?”

And that was the last straw as she swung her bag straight for the back of his head.

“OW!”

She glared at him.

“OK, sorry” he says.

“If “sorry” could fix everything” she said.

“Look, I know I put you through a lot”

“A lot? You left me in the rain alone in the park! Who does that to a child?!” Sohyun was furious.

“It was your fault too! You wouldn’t even talk to me” he added.

“That’s because you were nothing but mean to me all my childhood” she glares at him.

He turns back to look straight at her.

“I was a child too remember and I thought we got past that in high school when I tutored

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter