Chapter 59

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Peaceful days again, but it seems something special is just around the corner...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Somehow, you felt like something of significance had happened.
Or rather...was about to happen.

Your birthday fell at a somewhat awkward time, but it could be worse. The middle of October, just close enough to Halloween for faux pumpkins and ghoulish garlands to be arranged in shop windows. Soon enough they'd be arranged in the shared house too, but for the moment the place was as it always had been, primed for what was arguably a more important party.

You hoped at least. Wouldn't it be rather disappointing if nobody even bothered to hold you one?
Then again...you couldn't get greedy. You had already been blessed with just being able to spend time with these guys, having them treat you so kindly (albeit with some blips here and there from the likes of Yoongi). There was really nothing more you could ask for.

Still...

Looking down at the signed headband that was lain across your palms you admired how perfect Jennie's signature was. Of course, you also couldn't forget that Luhan must have worn this headband at one point or another, which made you giggle. A truly valuable piece of memorabilia, which you swiftly stored away in your drawer where all your precious things were kept. The Myeongdong mirror from Namjoon, Jungkook's hat, the Rilakkuma plushie from Chanyeol (which the boys had let you keep in your room), and of course, the picture frame from Yoongi. You had stopped displaying it on the windowsill at this point because the colder weather sometimes caused condensation on the photograph.

All these things you had been given meant more than any birthday gifts. You looked at the photo of your family and smiled wistfully. If only they could see what you were up to now, they'd hardly believe it.

As you closed your special drawer your mind drifted forward in time. What would you do once you moved out of this house? You couldn't imagine staying here after BTS had left, it would be too lonely. Maybe you'd just get yourself a nice little apartment in Seoul using the money you made at the cafe. Or perhaps you'd head home again for a while since you surely had a lot of news to share with your family.

It was getting late. You'd have to go to work tomorrow since it was a Friday, so you really ought to go to bed sharp. At the very least the weekend was just around the corner again, but you could hardly complain anyway, given how much fun your job was. It was even better now that Lim had started showing up again since you had been quite worried about her ever since the sasaeng incident. That too would soon become a distant memory, with the police dealing with the dirty work.

All was right. That was all you needed...
 


 

“Excuse me, could I have some water?”
“Of course, I'll just get that for you~!”

Practically skipping into the cafe kitchen to fill up a glass for that lady, Jimin couldn't help but notice the wide grin on your face. He smiled himself from his spot at the counter picking up two plates piled with crepes and tilted his head when he turned with them in hand.
“Well aren't you chipper?”

“Mm!” you nodded eagerly, then pursed your lips into a line when he looked at you so sweetly. You quickly pet your cheeks though and got a hold of yourself. It was about time you got used to Jimin's kindly smiles, otherwise, you'd be a flushing mess every time you did a shift here.

“I gotta go give this lady her water-” you quickly scurried out though he wasn't far behind given he had his own table to tend to. You were both kept pretty busy for the rest of the day, but you made sure he caught the little glimpses you were making towards the rainbow cake on display. After all, he knew it was your favorite, and he'd made it perfectly for you before. It would be the ideal birthday cake...

A few days away yet. Don't get ahead of yourself...

Once your shift was done you met Lim outside the cafe while you waited for Jimin to finish up inside too. She greeted you with a cheerful smile, which you were relieved to see. You never wanted her to look as down as she had in her house ever again.

“Unnie~!” she giggled, though couldn't help checking to see if you had your companion with you. “Is Oppa coming too?”
“He will be.” you assured her, and a wave of relief crossed her expression. You knew who she always prioritized so it hardly bothered you. Jimin was her number one after all, even if you had forged quite the nice friendship with her too.

“I was glad to see you back at the cafe after, y'know...what happened.” you told her, and she beamed up at you in an endearing manner, toying with the tassels on the front of her sailor-style dress.
“Well, it's thanks to you and Oppa really, for helping me.” Lim spoke, and you nodded. Well really, it had been you and Hoseok who had managed to solve things, but you didn't feel the need to mention that. You had kept things vague when you'd phoned her and told her that the sasaeng wouldn't be a problem anymore. Even if she preferred Jimin to yourself, you knew she'd be horrified that you'd almost been killed. Who wouldn't be?

“Ah, I hope Oppa didn't take offense.” Lim huffed out some air with worry. “I really didn't want to stay away for that long...”
“Hey, you needed time to recover.” you reassured her worried self, and she smiled a little bit.
“Thanks, Unnie~”

“Oh!”
After a moment longer, she perked up further and pulled her satchel bag from her side to her front, popping open the top and rummaging through the interior. You wondered why she had exclaimed until she suddenly pulled something out and handed it over to you. Taking it carefully, you felt the texture of wrapping paper and came to the conclusion before you even saw it was a present.

“Lim...” you had to admit, you were a little bit taken aback. You hadn't expected to receive something like this from her.
“I heard your birthday was coming up Unnie, so I thought I'd get you something!”
You weren't sure where she heard that, but you didn't dwell on it. You were glad she knew.
“Ah...this is so kind...” you put the gift in your own bag, just in time for when Jimin came out of the cafe. You didn't want to act like you were dropping hints or anything so it was perfect timing.

“I'll open it later.” you whispered to Lim, who nodded, though seemed distracted by the presence of her precious 'Oppa'. Well, you left her to it, allowing them to talk while you all walked down the road together (though it was less a conversation and more her talking at him).

Soon you arrived back at the share house and bid Lim farewell, thanking her for walking there with you both as well. Surprisingly, Jimin didn't seem too bothered about her having tagged along. He even chatted with her a bit when she gave him the room to talk. You figured he had softened to her a tad after mulling over what happened between her and the sasaeng. He knew now how harsh they could be, after all.

You didn't want to think about them anymore though.

“We're home!” Jimin called out as he entered the porch with you and slipped his shoes off. You did the same and walked into the house itself, though were quick to go to your room and put Lim's present in your special drawer. You'd take it out on your birthday, though you were already feeling kind of impatient, wondering what it could possibly be. Maybe it was just a box full of Jimin photocards? You wouldn't put it past her, but then again, didn't she think you two were still an item?

You'd need to clear that up for her at some point, as fun as it was to tease.
 


 

Sunday came. Your birthday.

For a long while that morning, you laid in bed once you were awake and just kept the covers over yourself. Honestly, your heart was pounding a little since you wondered if there would be something awaiting you outside that door. But it was early in the morning, so maybe not. Half the boys probably wouldn't even be awake yet.

As it turned out though, Namjoon actually was. You found no trace of streamers or balloons as you walked through the lounge after getting dressed and groomed, but you did come across him sorting through the fridge in the kitchen. He poked his head out from beside the open door when he heard you coming, not minding that he was standing there in a chilly cloud.

“Hey [Y/N], could you help me out with some errands? We need to stock up on vegetables again.”
Namjoon had approached after shutting the door, and his voice betrayed no hint of a joke being played. You didn't want to say no to him, so you agreed, trying not to come across as glum about it.

Yet as time stretched on and Namjoon made no mention of anything at the store, you began to feel a little depressed. Passing by the boxed cakes in one of the aisles made your heart sink. Each one wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter