Chapter 48

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: If you pull a thread too taut then it's probably going to break. It seemed that was exactly what happened to Yoongi when he saw the blatant signs of you and Jungkook getting closer. He finally decided to take action...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“[Y/N]. You're staying with me tonight.”

His sharp words echoed ceaselessly inside your head. Here you were, trapped in a tent with none other than Min Yoongi, and he was expecting that you'd actually be able to get any sleep? He was giving you far more credit than you deserved...

“L-look, Yoongi...I can't even do that, there aren't enough sleeping bags-” you pulled that old excuse out of the hat, gesturing to the makeshift beds that were set up to house four people. Even Yoongi didn't expect the other three to sleep outside, did he?

It seemed that he did.
“There are four bags for two people. I think we'll manage just fine.” he uttered lowly, and you shifted awkwardly. You were so uncomfortable, yet you were trying to hide a heavy blush at the same time. It was simple, you just didn't know what to think or feel in that moment. Hell, it seemed that Yoongi was pretty torn up about his own emotions too, but his expression never wavered.

“Though...” he continued, crawling a little closer to you and making you back up on top of one of the open bags, feeling the synthetic material sliding under your fingertips, “-maybe we could just take a leaf from Jungkook's book and share. We can snuggle all night, would you like that?”
His head had tilted and he was only smiling with his mouth, not with his eyes. As always, Yoongi's sarcasm stung.

“Why are you doing this!?” you demanded, shifting forth a bit as you stood up for yourself. “Is it really such a big deal that Jungkook and I had to share!? It didn't mean anything!”
“OBVIOUSLY it did.” Yoongi quickly cut you off, his tongue like sharp silver. “He came up with that crap about stripping off so he wouldn't feel the heat. Yeah, feeling the heat in the middle of a f**king forest at night. Makes sense.”

“You've obviously never shared a sleeping bag with someone!” you retorted in Jungkook's defense, but a shiver went up your spine when Yoongi's lips finally curled into a genuine smirk. Wordlessly, he reached out to grab your shoulders and pushed you down against the bag itself, effectively pinning you to the ground beneath him. Coughing slightly with the impact, you stared up at him, wide-eyed.

“Shall we try it out then? That way you can prove this point you're so f**king adamant about making.”

Caught within his shadow, you could only look up at him in utter shock. His dark hair hung around his face, casting even more shadows upon it. His eyes almost carried a glow to them as they gazed boldly into yours. He was still smiling in that faux manner.

Even for Yoongi this was nuts. Sure, you'd had some pretty close confrontations with him before, but nothing as extreme as this. Yes, he wasn't trying to hurt you (as tightly as he was gripping you), but you felt a sort of pain anyway, just wondering what would motivate him to do this. Was this all just about getting a one-up on Jungkook? Did Yoongi actually care for you in the slightest?

Or did he just tolerate you? Was this whole scenario simply an achievement to be claimed so he could laugh in Jungkook's face?

No. There seemed to be something deep-rooted here. Not only was Yoongi undoubtedly struggling with that 'secret' of his, especially when he couldn't be open with you about it, but he seemed to have become quieter, more on edge as of late. You had to wonder if something had happened between him and one of the other boys...

He had to be hiding it. He liked to hide all of his pain.
It was his favorite thing to do.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter