Chapter 44

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: As Hoseok had said, Fall was the perfect season for camping. With the weekend coming up, you looked forward to getting out there in the wild.

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Even though it had only been a short while since you both returned to work, Jimin and yourself were already starting to feel distant from the cafe on that day. Granted it was the weekend, so that made sense in a way. But you were literally putting miles between yourselves and home, as Namjoon drove you out-with Seoul and into the countryside.

Given that you would probably get recognized if you went to any of the major camping sites, the group of you decided to go somewhere a bit more secluded and lesser known. There was no way to completely avoid the fans but it did reduce the chances of running into any.

Yoongi was glad for that. If anyone needed space from the public it was probably him after what had happened. He also wanted you to keep your distance too, even if you weren't famous. You were associated with them all now, which potentially put you at risk.
He still hadn't forgotten about the Jin Sasaeng...

“And here we are.”
Namjoon pulled his car up at the side of a leaf-littered driveway, which eventually thinned into a smaller track leading up into the forest. There were signposts indicating some of the landmarks and viewpoints around, but there was no specific area for camping.

“I suppose we'll have to find a good spot and set something up ourselves.” Jimin spoke while he read the sign and wiped his brow. It was a bit of a humid day, and being among so many trees didn't help. He knew it would probably get chilly at night though.

Jungkook hovered around with you, Taehyung also staying close but distractedly rummaging through the big bag of snacks he had brought with him. Never mind lasting one weekend, there were enough bags of chips and packets of candy in there to last you all a month.

“Honey...honey...honey...ah!” He finally found what he was seeking and yanked out a packet of his favorite honey chips, before ripping it open and offering you some first. Now that really was an honor.
“Have some Jagi!”
You smiled happily and took a small share, eating a few and humming at the sweet taste while you picked up your own bags and carried them up the path. Namjoon led the way, acting his part as usual, though Jin stayed close by him and applied that little bit of extra pressure that would ensure he didn't make any wrong turns...

Jungkook ate some chips too then sighed and peered up through the brownish canopy overhead. Dappled but dim sunlight cast over his doll-like face.
“I can't decide whether I love or hate this season. The food is always great at this time of year, but everything's dying. It's depressing.”

“Jungkook...” you breathed softly, slowing your pace while you looked over at him. Taehyung suddenly pushed between the two of you excitedly.
“I love Autumn!” he giggled and breathed in the air, “Haa. It's peaceful!”

Peaceful...
You couldn't help a chuckle too. That seemed like the last thing that would fit with Taehyung. That was like Yoongi saying that his favorite style of music was bubblegum pop. The pieces didn't entirely fit together...

Speaking of Yoongi, you could see him walking ahead not far from you. He was carrying a big bulk of the stuff and hadn't allowed anyone to help him with it. Maybe he was repenting for something...

Deciding to check up on him you abandoned your two companions for the moment and sped up so you reached his side.
“Yoongi, do you want me to carry any of that? I can probably take another bag or two.”
He jolted a bit, clearly not expecting you to suddenly appear like that beside him. However he just shook his head and hoisted the backpack he was wearing further up his shoulders, gripping a box of camping equipment under one arm and the folded up tents in another. At least Hoseok had managed to grab the poles before he took those too.

“I'll manage.” he said, but you weren't entirely convinced, even if he wasn't showing a single drop of sweat yet. You didn't push him on it though, instead returning to Taehyung and Jungkook while you all walked the rest of the way.

Eventually Namjoon found an appropriate clearing that wasn't too far from the viewpoint he had been using as a marker. It wasn't far from the sloping path, but the ground was flatter which made it easier to pitch the tents. That task was of course always the hardest part of camping, but with eight hands on deck it ended up being surprisingly simple.

Soon enough you had a good little site situated there. There were two tents in dull navy and green colors, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter