Chapter 27

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: You knew that none of the boys grudged buying you anything, but you also knew it was high time you started contributing to the household. So, you decided to apply for a cafe position, alongside none other than Jimin...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


You got the job.

Maybe it was because you gave off a really good first impression. Or maybe it was because you had walked in with Jimin. Regardless, they pretty much said 'yes' from the get-go.

And soon enough you were working at the cafe, uniform and everything. It was the sort of establishment you'd expect to find in Seongbukdong. Quaint, but sleek. Dark, but comforting. The whole place smelled of coffee and cake, and was usually packed full. Needless to say, it kept you and Jimin pretty busy while you were there during the week.

Surprisingly, even though many people recognized him, there was no clamour about it. You had been expecting fangirls pressed up against every window the moment he started working there, but even those your age who came to the cafe were very relaxed. The occasional autograph on a napkin, sure, but it seemed like most of the people here were used to celebrities. It made a lot of sense, given the area.

Almost immediately you became infatuated with a certain cake they served there. It was a so called 'Rainbow Roll', and it was essentially a roll cake, except it was patterned with perfectly divided rainbow colors. Just eyeing it was enough to make your mouth water, but the samples and leftovers you got to take home with you proved it was also as delicious as it looked.

Working in this place was a joy, and not just because of Jimin.

Though of course, since he was there, he did have one devoted fan who would show up daily. Lim pretty much became a regular in an instant, and you would always see her in her usual spot, right in the corner by the window and the wall, often with her laptop so she had an excuse to sit there for as long as she did. Which was usually for as long as the cafe was open. If anyone asked questions, she'd just shut them up by ordering another miniature bundt cake.

She was there as usual when you approached her to take her order.
“Hello Lim.” You greeted her cheerfully enough, and she immediately looked up from her screen to flash you a beam.
“Unnie~! Hello!”

You had been expecting all hell to break loose the moment she found out that you and your 'boyfriend' were working the same job. Yet she only seemed to see it as another golden opportunity on her road to eventually claim your (faux) title.

“So what will it be?” You already had the hang of this, holding your clipboard ready and studying her. “Savoury or sweet today?”
“Mm...how about olive oil and thyme?”
“Savoury it is.”

You took a note. If there was ever anything she planned to order, it was going to be some kind of mini bundt cake, guaranteed. She was almost as obsessed with those particular treats as she was with poor Jimin.

“What are you writing anyway? You've been working away on something for a while, I noticed.” You decided to crack up a conversation since it was early and still quiet. Of course, she adored that.
“Ah~ I'm glad you asked unnie-” she spoke dreamily, and ushered you to lean down with a waggle of her petite little hand, “-lookie lookie.”

Taking a 'lookie' just as she liked, you read the words on screen in an aloud murmur:
“Chained Together...by Moon Lim. A Ji...”
Yup. That was what it said.
“A...JiLim...fanfic.”

“Mm!” Lim nodded eagerly, while you slowly straightened up again and just stared out of the window at the clouded sky, in disbelief. She eagerly continued: “The newest addition to the anthology!”
Anthology...
“This one carries on from Unbreakable, and it's all about how my dear Jimin has saved me from an arranged marriage to that nasty corporate businessman, and how we're now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter