Spring Blossom part 2

Goodbye Summer..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of flashback…

*knock knock*

“Jessica, its dinner time…” I continued to knock on her bedroom door. I put my ear against it; a soft music is playing inside. I turned the knob. It’s not locked. I slowly pushed opened the door. Leona Lewis’ yesterday was playing on her iPod. “Jessica…” 

She was lying on her bed. I quietly went near her. I didn’t want to wake her up. Through the years of being her best friend, I know that waking her up in her sleep is the worst thing a person can do. I bent to her and moved a few strands off of her face. It’s been years since I’ve been this close to her face. I took advantage of this rare situation; I stared at her for sometime and lightly touched her beautiful face. I searched for something that might have changed and so far, there’s none. Then I touched her lips, she stirred. She slowly opened her eyes then she quickly sat up. “W-what a-are you doing here??”

I sighed then stood up. “I knocked for a few times. It’s dinnertime already.” I walked to the door and opened it. “I’ll be waiting for you at the table.” I walked out of her room and closed the door behind me. I stood against the door with tears running down my face. Damn. I can’t help myself. I missed Jessica so much…I was already drowning in self-pity when the door suddenly opened. I wasn’t expecting it so I fell down on my back.

“Ow!” 

“Sooyoungie!” Jessica knelt down and helped me sit up. “Are you okay?” She rubbed my back. I looked at her then smiled. “Yah. What are you smiling about?” 

“It has been years since I’ve heard anyone call me that.”

“What?”

“Sooyoungie. You called me Sooyoungie.”

“S-so w-what??” Jessica stuttered. “Oh nothing…” I grinned at her then Jessica pushed me. “I’m hungry. I wanna eat.” She left me in her room. Jessica, you’re being too obvious. I shook my head, stood up and followed her. 

At the table, she sat across me. “Thanks for waiting.” She nodded. “What are we having tonight?”

“ta-da! Special ramen! Made by yours truly.” I bowed my head, feeling proud of myself.

“Ramen? Are you serious?” She stared at her bowl.

“Uhm…”

“If Yuri was here she would-” She looked at me then again at her food, she started to eat it. That hurt, I know I can’t cook…she didn’t have to rub it in.

“I-I’m sorry if I haven’t made anything nice.” 

“Ugh...It’s okay. I’m famished anyway. This is enough. She sped through her food. “I’m done!” She grabbed her bowl then headed for the sink. I stood up and stopped her. 

“I’ll wash those…” I held on to her bowl.

“I can do this Sooyoung. I’m not impaired.” She pulled the bowl from me.
I pulled the bowl back. “I’ll do it MISS JESSICA.” I stressed on the MISS Jessica. “I don’t want BOSS YURI to get mad at me.” Again, I stressed on BOSS YURI. Jessica stared at me coldly then…

“Fine.” She shoved the bowl at me. “You’re right. I’m you’re boss, you’re my employee. I forgot… we’re not friends or anything right? We only have a ‘professional’ relationship.” Then she turned around.

I dropped the bowl on the sink. “Well, we could’ve had a better one if you waited for me.” Jessica froze. 

“I didn’t wait for you?” She still has her back on me. “I moved to the states two days after the incident. Didn’t you have enough time??”

“Y-you could’ve waited much lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter