Missing Winter part 3

Goodbye Summer..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

present time:

My train of thoughts is disturbed by Jessica. She moved away from me and sat at a nearby bench. On instinct, I followed her. She sat on one end of the bench and I sat on the other. Gaah! This tension’s killing me! I took out a box of cigarettes and lighted a stick. I don’t really smoke. I swear, the first time I smoked was because of Lizzy’s stupid dare…and Jessica caught me in the act. Aish. I saw Jessica give me a glare. I guess she thought I absorbed the other prime’s vices…well, except for drinking, their vices didn’t rub on me that much. 

Back to my story…when I said that my biggest mistake in that bus almost cost me my life, I meant it. Literally. (flashback)When Jessica left me at the playground, I didn’t know what to do. I know she really hates me by then. I went home immediately to find a way to win back Jessica. It was Saturday, I’m sure Jessica would get mad if I insist on seeing her tomorrow. I’m going to wait until Monday then. I browsed through my closet and drawers to look for some things that I could use for a peace offering. I need to do something special. A simple gift won’t be enough to melt Jessica’s heart. Then my hands came across a pair of glasses. I took it out. It was a present from Jessica after Fany and I broke up.

*a flashback within a flashback…kekeke…*

Me and Jessica were seated on the bleachers inside the gym. We were watching the cheerleading squad during their practice. I was staring at Fany for some time when Jessica put her glasses on me.

“Yah. What’s this for?” 

“Maybe those glasses would help you see better. You will see that Tiffany is not the one for you. Take a good look around. There’s bound to be someone.”

I looked at her with the glasses still on. “You know what…I think you’re right. I can see better now.” 

“Of course I’m right” She looked back at the cheerleaders.

“I think I see the right person for me…” She didn’t notice my stare. I pinched her cheeks to catch her attention…”You’re so cute!”

“Gah! Stop it! Let go of my precious cheeks!” I let her cheeks go. She rubbed them.” “You hurt me…”

I kissed her left cheek. “There…Does it feel better now?”

“It feels much better.” She chuckled.

*end of flashback*

I put on the glasses and looked at the mirror. I know! I know exactly what to do.

MONDAY. Here’s my plan.
1. Go to school early looking like a geek.
2. Set up the banners and balloons.
3. Ask a few students to hold a stem of rose.
4. Prepare the big bear and cake at the garden.
5. Wait for Jessica at the garden.

Okay…that’s it. I hope my plan will work out. As planned, I went to school early with a big bag of loot. I ran straight to the garden and set up the bear and put the cake box beside it. I climbed up a tree and set up the banner. I also tied some balloons to a few plants. I ran to my classroom and handed out some roses to them.

“Okay guys…here’s what I want you all to do.”

“Wait, dude, why are dressed up like that? “ Amber put her arms over my shoulders. 

“I’m fixing a nasty act. I’m going to tell everyone the truth. I’m not going to hide anymore. Now, be a good girl and help me.” I handed her a rose.

“As I was saying…you will all line up from the school gate up to the garden. Make sure to give those roses to Jessica Jung.” I looked at Amber. “You. You will make sure Jessica makes it to the garden. If you don’t’…” I tightened my fist and faked a punch.

“Okay. Okay. Sheesh.” She headed to the school gate. I ran to the garden and waited for Jessica. A few minutes already passed. I’m getting restless here. I looked at my watch…it’s already ten minutes till school starts. I stomped my feet hard. Where is she?? I walked back and forth then I heard the bell ring. Oh no. I clasped my hands together and uttered a short prayer. Then I felt someone coming to me. I opened my eyes and…

“I’m sorry.” Amber handed me the roses. “The kids can’t wait any longer. They don’t want to miss class.” She looked at the bear behind me and then back at me. “She’s never been late before.” She tapped my left shoulder. “She’s not coming.” 

I shrugged off her shoulders. “She’s going to come. She HAS to come.”

“Suit yourself. I’m going to class.” Amber left me alone in the garden. I ran to the school gate and waited for Jessica to come in. I can’t think straight. Different thoughts are forming in my head…and there’s one…one that I dread to come true. Then I heard the gates open, I turned around and saw Yuri. I ran to her. “Where’s Jessica?”

“I don’t know.” She walked past me. I pulled her arm. 

“Don’t lie to me. I’m sure you know where Jessica is.”

She removed my arm. “I don’t know okay? Leave me alone…or better yet. Leave Jessica alone. She’ll be better off without a creep like you.” Yuri shot one last look at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter