Strike!

BaseballAU!Lay x reader

                          Another loss. Yixing gently laid his bat down, realizing his hit on the ball was leading to a direct catch by the opposing team. He started to run, having hope that he could make it back to home base in time. BEEP! The game has ended, he didn't make it. The team jock walked past him, "Good ing job Yixing! You always get way ahead of yourself and make us fail!" This hurt, he was always the failure. Yixing thought, maybe I should just leave. No, that wouldn't do, he would try harder.

Weeks passed.

                        "Yixing, you can't continue with this! You'll break!" You were concerned for you ambitious friend, he had never been this fired up about something. I mean, he has loads of passion for what he does. But, this seemed like....angry revenge seeking. "No, I won't let myself be the cause of our next failure." His reply was short and to the point. Yixing's arms were bruising from all the strain they've gone through, this was common for Yixing. He always worked himself to death to please everyone, never putting himself or his health first. It scared you, you just wanted him to be happy. Jongdae approached the both of you, "Yixing, this really isn't healthy...please take a break. For your health." Jongdae sounded as concerned as you did. You turned off the baseball-dispecing machine and walked into the batting cage. "Yixing, it's almost midnight. You're done for tonight." You took his bat from him, packing it in his bag that you currently carried. Yixing was scraped, bruised, and dirty from today's practice. You'd had enough, you weren't going to let (insert y dudes name here) order Yixing around like this. (B/D) watched from inside one of the dugouts, "Hey, losers. What do you think your doing?" You leaned on the fencing that separated you and the jock. "You are not going to work Yixing to death." (B/N) scoffed. "What is little (Y/n) gonna do about it?" He mocked you. Before you could reply, a loud clang was heard from behind you. Yixing had hit the fencing with his bat. "Stop." Yixing's calm demeanor brought relief over you. You smiled at him, "Lets go home, your wounds need to be properly taken care of."

 

"Ouch! Stop rubbing so hard.."

"Stop squirming and maybe I could do it right!"

"But it hurts!"

"Tell me if i'm doing it to hard then!"

                           The other boys living in the large flat couldn't help but wonder what was taking place in the bathroom, all they knew was some...interesting sentences were being exchanged. Yifan knocked on the door, "Uh, you guys okay in there? What are you doing?" The two from inside the bathroom knew exactly why they were being checked on. "Yes! You guys are so weird! Why even listen?" Yixing's face was redder than a over-ripe beet. Returning to what you were doing, gently rubbing soapy water on Yixing's cuts and scrapes to cleanse them and hopefully stop the bleeding. "Are you done yet?~" Yixing whined. "Yes, just one more.." You finished cleaning the last cut on his shoulder, Wasn't he just batting? why was there a cut here... "Yixing?" You stared at the cut in confusion. "Yeah?" His soft voice reached your ears. "Where did you get this cut from? I thought you were just batting?" You laid your hand on him tentatively. "Oh...uh, after March's game I sat  down. I was on the ground and (B/D) kicked me.." He looked to the side. "It's gone that long unattended?" You thought, wow good thing they didn't bleed much, Yixing could've died. "Yes." He scratched the back of his neck, thinking about his blood problem aswell. "Wow..must've been painful huh? Anyway, lets get you bandaged!" You pulled out a genorously sized box, opening it to reveal tons of medical supplies. "Wah~ You're always so prepared (Y/N)~" Yixing cooed. "Ha, yeah I guess." You giggled, peeling off the paper from one of the plasters. Yixing's dimples showed as you placed a unicorn themed plaster on his shoulder. "Thank you (Y/N)!~" You placed several more differently themed plasters on his arms and face, making sure each wound was well taken care of. You then brought Yixing to his room. "you better get some sleep, you have a big game tomorrow." You exchanged your goodnights and went separate ways.

 

                            The roar of the audience filled your ears as you drew near to your seat. This was the day, when the opposing team would not win. The crowd got louder as your team came out of the dugout, fully prepared to annihilate the other team. You cheered the loudest you could, Yixing and Minseok waved at you. Soon the whole team joined in. Luhan walked over to the bleacher category you were in, yelling up to you. "Wish us luck (Y/n)!" You showed him a thumbs up.  Everyone got into position, and just like that, let the games begin.

 

~Further into the game~

 

                            Yixings eyes narowed at the pitcher, 12 to 4, I can do this. The pitcher launched the ball to Yixing. With all this power, he hit the ball. He was stuck in the moment while the words "STRIKE!" met his ears. He dropped his bat and ran, faster than he ever had. He could feel all the dust hitting him as he ran. I will make this. Yixing thought hard about his goals. eight seconds on the clock, one base away. I made it. He thought as he slid across the dirt and over the base. Finally, he had won for his team. There was nothing (B/D) could do.

                             You ran down to the field, wanting to congratulate Yixing on his win. Yixing ran over and hugged you, picking you up and spinning around. "We did it!" Yixings dimples looked deeper than ever as he laughed and smiled. You had never been happier for him, but the next thing he did shocked you. He kissed you. Right on the mouth. "I love you, (Y/N)~"

 

                              "I love you too, silly batter."