Rebellion

Being the perfect omega

a/n: I would apologize in advance since this chapter will have a bit of gore. This was not intentional though, this chapter was never in the plot before but I really had to give some light to what the council had made Mark undergo so .. here is my poor attempt at a back story.

 

------

 

 

Mark was having headaches afer he returned to their kingdom, this was not what he wanted to hear, witness and solve, but the glaring facts were right at his face and he couldn’t really hide it anymore, or keep running away from.

 

“Yugyeom, how bad is it?” Mark asked and the guard gave a sigh.

 

“Intelligence had gathered that the rebels had been increasing their activities in the days that you were gone your majesty. They may attack in as little as three days.” Yugyeom delivered the sad news.

 

 

“How close are we to getting to the root?” Mark asked with clenched fist.

 

“not yet sire, we still lack the evidence that we needed.” Yugyeom swallowed hard.

 

“This will not do, Jaebum is out of commission.” Mark said, rubbing his temples as his head is throbbing.

 

“Yes he is not but he has replacement.” Hoseok said as he entered the office and bowed to Mark. “As I have been assigned to you your majesty by Prince Minhyuk, It is my duty to protect you, and as allied nation through marriage, X-Clan can aide you.” Hoseok informed Mark.

 

“I do not want others to get involved in such political issues of my Kingdom.” Mark said with a snarl.

 

“Yes, I do understand that your Majesty, but this is not as simple as I imagine it to be, I do have firm belief that if Prince Munhyuk knew of the situation..” Hoseok was abruptly cut by the prince.

 

“I will not get him involved!” Mark shouted but Hoseok merely grinned at him.

 

“Please remember that I am still under Prince Minhyuk’s orders and he did tell me that you will be stubborn. You forgot that you had rubbed it in his face that an impending rebellion has to occur.” Hoseok replied and Mark grit his teeth and slammed a hand on his table.

 

“I can handle this just fine.” Mark said in finality.

 

“I am sure you can but your guards do not really have the confidence now that their head is nowhere.” Hoseok said pertaining to Yugyeom whose head was bowed.

 

“How dare you speak to me in such words!” Mark was really angry now.

 

“Like I said your majesty, I still up under Prince Minhyuk’s order. I will send my report to his majesty and expect a few elite forces headed this way in  a few days. I hope you could hold of the rebellion before that, you are a strategist as Prince Minhyuk boasted, please do not let him and this kingdom down.” Hoseok bowed and proceeded to his room to send a pigeon to his kingdom, this is a dire situation.

 

 

Jaebum wasn’t really at peace with the situation and Jinyoung knew why. It was hard to be peaceful and at bliss when you know something is bound to happen to your kingdom, to the prince and to a friend no less.

 

“Jaebum.” Jinyoung called out and Jaebum groomed his expression as he faced his husband, gently holding Youngjae in his arms. “I know how much you worry, I think it is best that you go back.” Jinyoung said and Jaebum’s expression turned sullen.

 

“But you and Youngjae need me.” Jaebum reasoned but he was sure Jinyoung wasn’t even convinced, he himself did not believe his lies.

 

“We do, but we need our kingdom too.” Jinyoung smiled at Jaebum. He then took his husband’s hand and placed it on Youngjae, Manouvering his body to fit into Jaebum’s embrace.

 

Jaebum did not any words to tell him that his husband wanted the assurance and security, as well as his warmth.

 

“We will be fine Jaebum. If you need to fight we wil understand, this is for our future, for Youngjae, and for Mark.” Jinyoung said and Jaebum sighed as he buried his face on the crook of Jinoung’s neck as one arm tightened around the omega’s waist, and the other gently placed on the sleeping baby.

 

“I will be back, I promise.” Jaebum breathed out and Jinyoung smiled a melancholic one.

 

“I believe in you.” Jinyoung replied.

 

 

“We need to assist them but let’s not raise suspicion.” Minhyuk rubbed his lips as he paced across the room with Jooheon holding to the letter and both Jaebum and Hyunwoo stood in full attention.

 

“It will be very suspicious If Hyunwoo Hyung came with Jaebum hyung.” Jooheon said, folding the letter he got from Hoseok.

 


“Then let me come.” Jackson said as he entered the room without a single knock.

 

“You can’t.” Jooheon instantly replied.

 

“I can protect myself quite well.” Jackson said, walking to the table where a map was laid out.

 

“it is not a question of your skills Jackson, but this is a possible war we are facing.” Minhyuk replied.

 

“I told you, I am quite capable.” Jackson reiterated. “We can’t let the future crowned prince go into battle.” Jackson looked at Jooheon and both royal guards nodded. “We need to infiltrate the palace with X-clan soldiers without raising suspicion but they all know the alliance between kingdoms now that Prince Minhyuk has wed into the family.” Jackson continued and everyone was silent. “then we had no reason to interact with the Ahgase Royal family unless royal business. And that’s why, I planned on submitting a proposal, a marriage proposal.” Jackson said firmly and Minhyuk ran to him and took him by the shoulders. Minhyuk looked at him with questioning eyes and Jackson sighed.

 

“it will be our guise so the council will not suspect us. I will talk to my parents about it and we will bring along an entourage to make it look official.” Jackson informed them.

 

“Why would you sacrifice yourself for this Jackson?” Jooheon asked and Jackson smiled at his cousin.

 

“I wouldn’t want to see Prince Minhyuk sad, because it makes you sad as well.” Jackson smiled then walked out of the room to meet with his parents.

 

 

‘I have to admit that this is the best we can come up with, I will select a handful of elites for this.” Hyunwoo excused himself and turned to leave.

 

“Talk to Kihyun hyung first.” Jooheon said and Hyunwoo nodded.

 

Jaebum bowed at them and soon followed Hyunwoo to prepare for their departure while Minhyuk went to Jooheon and wrapped himself around the alpha. Jooheon returned the embrace, calming the omega mate and running his hand comfortingly on the omega’s back. “It will be okay Hyukkie.” Jooheon muttered and kissed Minhyuk.

 

 

Kihyun wasn’t prepared for it to come from Hyunwoo’s mouth but when Jinyoung came to him earlier, crying while holding Youngjae, he had a feeling that this would happen. Hyunwoo placed a gentle hand on the omega’s cheek and reeled him into a passionate kiss. “I love you so much Kihyun.” Hyunwoo muttered low, and Kihyun had to swallow hard to keep the tears at bay.

 

“Promise me that you will return.” Kihyun held on to Hyunwoo’s shirt and the alpha pulled his mate into another heated kiss.

 

“You know I do, I always do,” Hyunwoo reassured him and kissed him breathless.

 

“Protect Jackson at all cost.” Kihyun said before burying his face on his mate’s chest and letting his tears fall mercilessly.

 

 

Mark hated it, in all honesty he really would rather not accept the assistance, but what can he do when he had nothing else? Mark had it completely down to the last detail, but the sudden attack on the outskirts of town had foiled at least 2 of his strategies. He had to accept help and it was just frustrating that he had to accept one from Jackson.

 

Jackson.

 

Why him out of all the people in the world?

 

He hated Jackson but the reason, he was unsure, it was just because he does. But can he decline the offer now? Can he come up with a better plan to stop this impending doom??

 

 

“I heard that the X-clan is going to finally submit their proposal.”Head  Council Kim Youngmin said as he entered the Prince’s office. “it is quite surprising.”Youngmin said and Mark groomed his expression.

 

“My parents are fond of him, I am not though.” Mark replied and Youngmin grinned.

 

“I see, I taught you well my prince.” Youngmin said with a grin. “Are you interested in anyone in particular?” He asked and Mark shook his head. “I do know Prince Xiumin of Exo’rdium has already expressed his interest.” Youngmin said and Mark nodded.

 

“I will look into it.” Mark replied dryly.

 

“I will you to it then.” Youngmin gestured to the prince and then left.

 

Once out of his presence, Mark slammed the table hard and gritted his teeth, he will bring Youngmin down along with his schemes.

 

 

Mark was kneeling in front of the head council, his head was bowed low and he could hear the sarcastic voices of the council members, at least those that had been on Youngmin’s side. It was his fault that Jaebum was almost killed, but why would he suffer this much? He was not a criminal, he is a prince.

 

“We need to discipline you; a king should not be so careless.” Youngmin spoke and he raised a stick and hit the prince’s hands.

 

Mark winced and he cried, a child would show his emotions so openly and he was not exempted.

 

“You do not deserve to feel emotions; a king has to be stern and has to listen to the council. If you want to be a king, you have to listen to me. You cannot feel and show emotions.” Youngmin repeated his words and hit Mark’s arms and thighs.

 

Other times he was sat in front of a criminal for persecution, the poor man was being tortured with whips and Mark winced seeing blood drip from the man. “Show no mercy to people who do not deserve them.” Youngmin said and Mark clenched his fists as he tried to keep his face blank.

 

Mark was told to hid the punishment, he did not tell his parents and all the brutality he received had made his heart stone heard, and his emotions locked in. If he did not show any emotions, he would not be hit repeatedly, he knew that much but as he grew up, the hated planted on his tiny mind had grew and he swear to whatever deity that he will end this. He will be king but he will not listen to them anymore.

 

Mark woke up from the nightmare; it was too realistic not to be concerned about. He took a glass of water from his bedside table and quickly drank it. He was panting and his clothes were sticking to his body as he was drenched in sweat. He decided to change into fresh clothes before he returned to a dreamless sleep.

 

 

Jackson bowed as he was introduced to a select group of council members; he showed grace as a trained omega should but he knew not all of them were impressed. Jinki shook hands with them and Jonghyun bowed low as well, common courtesy, practiced artistry. Yunho led them to his office as the servants had scurried to take their luggage to their rooms. Hoseok grinned as he saw Jaebum and Hyunwoo, this was going to be a lot easier.

 

 

Jackson knew that it will be stifling, but this was far more than his omega could take, he was getting dizzy with the entire alpha around him. Jonghyun noticed his son’s reaction and talked to his mate, Jinki immediately requested for a break.

 

‘How inconsiderate of me, you have travelled far.” Yunho said and dismissed the omega, urging Mark to help Jackson back to his room.

 

Mark obeyed and extended a hand for Jackson, the omega looked at it with tired eyes and looked at his parents who smiled and nodded. Jackson eventually took the offered hand and Mark led him out of the office and into the bedrooms. Once far from the room, Jackson let the hand go and turned to Mark.

 

“I know the way, I can find my room. You need to talk to Jaebum hyung.” Jackson said and walked to his room while Mark scoffed at the rudeness before going to meet Jaebum by the weaponry wing.

 

Jaebum and Hyunwoo bowed as Mark entered and the prince merely rubbed his temples and looked at the guards. Jaebum led him to a table where a map was set to discuss a plan when they heard an   explosion, and soon enough, Yugyeom came running to them with Hoseok bearing bad news.

 

“Change of plans.” Mark said, running to the nearest closet for an armor to wear. As soon as he was strapped, he grabbed a bow and quiver loaded with arrows. A few more guards did the same and others more took out their swords and spare quivers.

 

They dashed to the grounds and Mark clenched his teeth as he saw a few dead bodies and injured people running for cover. Mark was dead angry at the situation, how dare these rebels?

 

He loaded his arrows and shot across the field, aiming for a swordsman and the arrow landed straight into the man’s chest. The man fell but Mark was not affected. He wanted to end this rebellion peacefully but he had no choice, he will have blood spilled for the sake of political gains; he will not allow the council to take the crown.

 

He loaded another arrow and let it fly across the field, repeating until all arrows were used. He hailed for another quiver and an apprentice hurriedly gave the prince his replenishment.  It was an endless chaos and Mark was soon getting tired, can he really be a King and able to protect these people.

 

“Your Majesty.” Bambam called out to Jackson who was about to ran outside and join the chaos.

 

“Bammie, I need to do this.” Jackson said with a pointed glare. “It’s time you do what is right.” Jackson then went out of the room, sword gripped tightly on his hand and armor heavy on his shoulders.

 

Bambam sighed as he watched the prince go but he too has a battle to fight and so he ran to search for a person he could trust. Amidst the chaos, Bambam ran into Yugyeom and the omega immediately dragged the guard to a corridor by the far end of the castle.

 

“Bambam, wait.” Yugyeom halted and Bambam glared at him. “Make me understand.” Yugyeom added and Bambam nodded and took out something from his robe and handed it to Yugyeom. Yugyeom took it and had wide eyes when he realized what they are.

 

“Listen, I will help you so follow me, there’s not much time left.” Bambam said and Yugyeom gripped the omega’s hand tightly as they made a run to somewhere only Bambam knows.

 

Jonghyun knew this was going to be a mess so he took out his sword from the luggage and joined his husband to protect the King. Jinki and Jonghyun knew where they stand they are no more than nobles while Yunho and Jaejoong are both precious monarchs of Ahgase Kingdom, and thus their safety is the main priority. Yunho was grateful as he kept Jaejoong close, Jonghyun stayed close to the concert while Jinki did the same to Yunho. They were at a safe hidden room in the palace but no one can be too sure.

 

“We will get through this.” Yunho assured his husband who nodded in full trust to his alpha.

 

Jackson gripped the hilt of his sword as he charged outside, eyes glaring as he approached the battle field. He did not take any chances, he would kill if he had to. He swung his sword right and left, rebels quickly falling to their knees and clutching their bleeding body parts, but Jackson did not care as he trained his eyes to his main target; he needed to protect Mark.  Jackson scanned the area and soon saw the three alphas that wanted to fight with him, one was holding a bow and he knew that the target was the prince. Jackson ran as fast as he could and when the arrow was launched, he was there to shield the Prince.

 

The Arrow landed between his right shoulder and Jackson hissed at the pain. He then took his sword and cut the  arrow’s body and stood with his sword as his anchor. He then dashed to the alphas and tried to stop them from targeting Mark. Jaebum and Hyunwoo noticed the commotion and was soon dashing to Jackson’s aide; Hoseok posed to protect the prince still using his bow to full capacity.

 

“You’re bleeding!” Jaebum shouted but Jackson shook his head and swiped his sword, taking down one alpha.

 

“I can handle this.” Jackson gritted and the three continued their attacks and until all three alphas were soaking in their own blood.

 

“Bambam, how did you find this?” Yugyeom was at awe with the room just beneath their noses; it was  the evidence that Mark needed.

 

“It was last year, I was searching for Jinyoung hyung when I came upon this room.” Bambam said but they heard the door burst open and two or three rebels came. Yugyeom instinctively drew his sword and placed Bambam behind him.

 

“You shouldn’t treat us like dolls, we can fight.” Bambam replied, drawing out daggers strapped on his legs discreetly.

 

 

The pair then launched attacks which caught the rebels off guard but they fought mightily. It took a couple of blows, some slashed and a lot of sweat but Yugyeom and Bambam defeated the rebels. Bambam was panting as he withdrew the dagger from the man’s chest, wiping the sweat from his forehead with his other hand, Yugyeom did not know what came to him but he pulled the omega in his arms and kissed him passionately; Bambam had let the daggers fell to the ground with a clunk as he held the alpha’s head and kissed him back.

 

There was a knock on the door and both alphas were on full alert. “Jinki sire?” It was Bambam and Jinki answered him. “We got the evidences.” Bambam shouted and Jinki opened the door with sword raised. Bambam raised both hands as he entered as well as Yugyeom, and they both handed Yunho the records and the pouch of illegal medicine and gun powder.

 

 

“How dare they use my castle for their wrong deeds.” Yunho was furious so he went out on to get his son,  Jaejoong stayed with Jinki and Jonghyun. Jinki instructed Bambam to follow Yunho and so the omega obliged, with Yugyeom already behind them.

 

 

The pain was overwhelming, his flesh felt like being torn apart with every move that he made but he could not allow this rebellion to proceed any further. “Jackson, stop.” Hyunwoo held the prince’s wrist but Jackson still struggled to get free. “You are going to lose your arm.” Hyunwoo stated and it took another searing pain for Jackson to let the sword go and for Hyunwoo to pick up his charge and went straight to the medical field.

 

“I’ll handle it.” Jaebum assured them and went to Hoseok’s aide in protecting the prince whose arms were getting numb with the countless arrows that he’s been shooting. “Did he know?” Jaebum asked Hoseok who shook his head.

 

“He is too focused to be aware of everything else, he may not know that he was saved by an omega.” Hoseok said with a frown and Jaebum could only muster a sigh.

 

“Mark!” Yunho’s voice rang and soon, Yunho was within 2 feet from his son, with Bambam and Yugyeom behind him. “It’s time to end this.” Yunho gve the ledger to Mark who was wide eyed. “We’ll explain later, you need to settle this once and for all.” Yunho said and with that, he ran towards the gtes, with Hoseok and Jaebum hot on his heels. Yunho sighed before he instructed his guards to hold till the root of the evil has been upturned.

 

Mark greeted his teeth as he kicked the door to where a surprised Youngmin sat. “Ah, my prince, what can I do for you?”  Youngmin asked calmly.

 

“On your knees and confess your crimes.” Mark said, taking a sword from Jaebum.

 

“I am not guilty of anything charged.” Youngmin replied making Mark snort in disbelief.

 

Mark then threw the ledger in front of Youngmin whose lips twitch in annoyance but his face remained stoic.

 

“This does not prove anything.” Youngmin replied.

 

 

“Well Maybe this can.” Mark threw a scroll, a recent transaction summary with the gold registered under the treasury of the head council. “Confess your since and I will show you mercy.” Mark repeated.

 

“I am not at fault.” Youngmin still dared to deny the accusation.

 

“Then so be it.” Mark dashed and let the sword graze the skin on the head council’s neck. “A king has to show mercy, and you are going to taste the fruits of your labor. You taught me well Head council Youngmin.” Mark smirked. “I hereby sentence Kim Youngmin guilty of treason and illegal transactions with the country of Feilunhai to procure heat inducing drugs and gun powder.” Mark threw the council down to the floor. “You are sentenced to death and your wealth shall be divided to the victim’s family as tribute.” Mark finished and allowed Jaebum to picked up the council and led him out before he fainted, due to exhaustion.

 

 

Mark woke up a couple of hours or days later, body sore and tired, but he ran towards his father’s room who was now beaming with pride. Mark was hugged by his fathers and he knew right then and there,  that it was over, he had saved his kingdom, and the rebellion is nothing but a bad memory for them. “Let’s than our allies for their help.” Yunho said and led them to the main hall where the members of the X-clan were waiting.

 

Mark looked at the wounded soldiers and to the monarchs, a frown appearing as he laid eyes on Jackson. Mark bowed and thanked them holding out a treasure box for Jinki as their sign of gratitude but Jinki declined. “It was our personal wish to aide you, your majesty.” Jinki said and then turned to Yunho. “I do apologize if we had used the marriage proposal as an excuse; it is now null and void.” Jinki said then turned to Mark. “We do wish for you to find your true mate, we will take our leave.” Jinki finished and turned to leave.

 

Jaebum bowed to his Kings and prince before he joined the X-clan as he must return to Jinyoung’s arms the soonest possible. Yunho bid them well and soon turned to Mark and embraced him tightly, it was all over.

 

 

 

 

----

 

a/n: Well It was really not in my intention to make Hoseok all sassy but hey someone has to be harsh for Mark to realize what he is doing wrong am I right?

And I really don’t have anyone in mind for an evil council member, so yeah Kim Youngmin SM’s Current CEO was just convenient cause I had a few grievances at him., Kim Shidae is a close second though. Random EXO member because I am too lazy to search for whatever group and idols to add since this is just a one time mention

 

 

I do apologize if the showki and JJP scenes seemed that they were saying their goodbyes, but I thought it would be necessary to have them just for the emotions of the story, a war has no guarantee of survival.

 

I also apologize if I let your hopes up with the proposal.. It was all a plot for the war so.. yeah sorry..

And gosh I at writing fight scenes, I am just not cut out for action.

 

I hope you’ve already prepared yourselves, we are going to reach the soon and the end is just around the corner.

 

And yes, cliff hanger, if you can call it that.