I am trying

Being the perfect omega

a/n: Thank you for liking the story so far, wow, those are really good comments, I can feel how affected you are and I think I am doing really good because that was my objective. So really I know this is unrelated to this story but listening to Seventeen’s Don’t Wanna Cry really made me write this one quite quickly. If you are not a fan don’t worry, you don’t have to listen to the song, it just inspired me because the emotions in that song really was something I wanted to convey into this story

 

 

----

Mark looked out of the window to take a break from the head ache he was having when his chest hurt for a while and turned his gaze back to his office. He can’t bear to look at Jackson, and right in front of him was the omega, braiding a random girl’s hair like she was his daughter. Mark held his hand into a fist as he exhaled loudly, this was getting complicated and his feelings are so messed up.

 

Mark only knew one thing to release his pent up emotions; being raised as the perfect alpha, he can’t even talk balk to the council, but when he can’t hold it in anymore, he has his bow and arrow to deal with. Mark was shooting targets when Jaejoong found him, eyes worried for his son who had seemed to abuse the bow until it snapped.

 

“you need to take a break.: Jaejoong said and led his son back to his office and cleared the desk of scrolls and papers to allow servants enter and place a steaming cup o tea and some scones.

 

Mark looked at his father who had gestured for his son to drink the tea. “It’s all organic, Jackson had recommended that to Jinyoung.” Jaejoong said and Mark stopped sipping the tea. “Of course Jinyoung made that.” Jaejoong reassured his son.

                                                                                                                                                    

“Your majesty?”  a sudden voice broke the tentative silence and both looked at Jackson by the door, head slightly bowed.

 

“Yes Jackson, do you need anything?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Oh no, I was just passing by when I found this by the corridor.” Jackson handed a scroll, the royal mint’s wax seal still intact. “I thought it was important.” Jackson supplied and Jaejoong couldn’t even thank the prince for returning such important document.

 

“This is very important, what could happen if this got into the wrong hands.” Jaejoong exclaimed as  he opened the scroll that contained the commemorative coins to be released in the new year.

“it’s no problem your majesty.” Jackson bowed then turned to leave.

 

“I know that you are a guest here, but there are a lot of things to be done with so little time, can you help Mark out with the contracts?” Jaejoong asked and Jackson looked at the prince who had his eyes narrowed towards the omega.

 

“If Prince Mark wouldn’t mind, I am willing to help out.” Jackson answered and Jaejoong smiled and led him to a chair and handed him a contract to go over.

 

Jeajoong then excused himself to attend to some other important matters, leaving the two princes in an awkward silence. Mark sighed before returning his attention to the contract he was reading. Jackson silently looked over the contract Jaejoong handed over and kept to himself, taking notes with a lead pencil and reading every stipulation carefully. Mark looked over to check up on the X-clan prince and he had to swallow a lump on his throat, maybe it was the lighting, or maybe he was tired, but Jackson looked angelic and it twisted a difficult knot in the pit of his stomach.

 

“Your Majesty.” Jackson’s voice broke his momentarily spacing out and Mark looked at Jackson with a glare, making the other sigh. “I know you don’t like me very much, but can we at least look civil?” Jackson said and Mark was taken aback by the words.

 

“You dare talk with such words. Know your place omega.” Mark snubbed and Jackson bit his bottom lip to keep himself from talking back. “Lost your tongue?” Mark asked with a smirk and Jackson sighed as he placed the contract down on Mark’s desk.

 

“I just wanted to be civil, for the sake of ..” Jackson tried to argue but Mark snapped back at him.

 

“Such lies you spout, I’d rather not hear them.” Mark bitterly said and Jackson bowed at him and promptly left the office. Mark gritted his teeth, how could an omega talk back to him, an alpha and a soon to be crowned prince. Mark returned to his work, ignoring the contract Jackson had left for him to check.

 

Jackson was hurting, really, what did he do to deserve such hate? He found himself crawling to his bed, closing his eyes and letting sleep take over his body despite the sun still up high; he would just come up with lies when they look for him.

 

And he did just as Jinoung woke him up for afternoon tea.

 

“How are you feeling your majesty?” Jinyoung asked, handing the cup of organic tea to Jackson.

 

“Please don’t use honorifics on me, I am not a prince.” Jackson replied with a soft voice.

 

“But you are, maybe not the King’s son but a direct bloodline to the throne, doesn’t that make you a prince?” Jinyoung argued and Jackson sighed.

 

“You read too much.” Jackson replied and it made Jinyoung laugh.

 

“Well, being an omega curtails some freedom, but Jaebum had been adamant that he would not let anyone stop me from my love for literature, fact and fiction.” Jinyoung informed Jackson who nodded before sipping his tea.

 

“You are lucky to have a mate like Jaebum hyung.” Jackson uttered and it made Jinyoung’s heart break.

 

“You are going to be a good mate my dear prince.” Jinyoung replied, placing a hand on the prince’s knee as a sign of comfort. “You may not see it now, but you have the qualities of being a perfect mate.” Jinyoung elaborated. “Besides, any alpha who forgo courting you is stupid.” Jinyoung supplied and Jackson smiled bitterly.

 

“Thank you, but at this point, I don’t think it’s the alpha who is stupid, how could they mate with such a useless omega like me?” Jackson supplied and tears began to well up on his eyes.

 

“Please don’t think like that Jackson.” Jinyoung said softly, taking the cup and placing it on the bedside table in favor of enveloping the prince in a warm hug.

 

Jackson relaxed as the omega’s warmth enveloped him, it felt like Kihyun’s and Jonghyun’s paternal touch and it felt good to have such comforting familiarity wash over him.

 

“Please be strong Jackson, Youngjae will need his godfather.” Jinyoung whispered and it made Jackson smile a bit.

 

“Is he doing well? Is he giving you a hard time?” Jackson asked as he broke away from the warmth and rubbed his eyes with his palms.

 

“Youngjae isn’t causing me trouble, he’s good for know but I do wonder how he’ll be when he gets bigger and could already kick.” Jinyoung replied and took Jackson’s hand and placed it on his stomach. “One day, you’ll be bearing a life as well and you will share this blessing with your mate.” Jinyoung said softly and Jackson nodded despite knowing deep down it will not happen, even in the near future.

 

 

The morning of the parade was even more chaotic as servants and retainers kept their charges on schedule for the waiting throngs of people to celebrate their prince’s mating. Minhyuk has always been popular and really, this goodbye was a fitting tribute to both the prince and the public who will let go of their omega prince.

 

Jooheon and Minhyuk boarded the third carriage just as some royal guards boarded the first minimally designed carriage. Minhyuk’s carriage however was filled with blooms despite the fall season. Jooheon helped his mate up the steps and made him sit on his left side just as Hyunwoo and Jaebum boarded the front and back of the carriage respectively.

 

Yunho boarded the second carriage with Jaejoong and Mark while the X-clan royals namely Henry, Ryeowook, jinki and Jonghyun boarded the fourth, just in front of another military carriage. Jackson was left standing by the foot of the carriages and looked at his cousin and his mate fondly before being called by Jaejoong to board their carriage, seeing that the four royals are just enough to fit the carriage.

 

Jackson looked at Jaejoong before averting to Yunho and Mark. He then shook his head and stepped back before bowing, he doesn’t deserve to sit next to them.  But before Jaejoong could insist, Jinki was ushering his son to their carriage, arguing that he decided to sit next to the coachman. Jackson sat next to Jonghyun who gave him a hug before the carriages began to move for the parade.

 

The town streets were filled with people as the procession went. Minhyuk was overjoyed as he waved to the people, and nudging Jooheon to do the same. Jooheon was eager to match his mate’s enthusiasm that soon, everyone was cheering for the mated couple.

 

“They like you!” Minhyuk chirped as he placed a peck on Jooheon’s cheeks, making the crowd cheer at the sudden display of affection.

 

“Well, that’s a relief, I wouldn’t want to see eggs being thrown at us.” Jooheon joked but Minhyuk pouted.

 

“My people aren’t immature war freaks!” Minhyuk defended and Jooheon just kissed the out away.

 

“I know. Take a joke sweetheart.” Jooheon said and laughed as he waved even more, cooing at the babies being raised to see them. “You have such adorable kids here, I wonder what ours would look like.” Jooheon said and it made Minhyuk blush.

 

“I would love to bear your kids.” Minhyuk replied sadly and Jooheon knew why.

 

“I know, we talked about this one Hyukkie, no need to pressure yourself okay?” Jooheon reassured his mate and like al light switch has been , Minhyuk’s smile was blinding. “That’s the Minhyuk I love.” Jooheon said with a chuckle and Minhyuk leaned in to kiss him, much to the delight of the people.

 

 

When they reached the plaza, they alighted the carriages and Yunho addressed his people and presented Jooheon as the alpha mate of Minhyuk. The people cheered and applauded as Jooheon waved and smiled adorably to the crowd. Jackson stood by the side with his parents and was really proud of his cousin, getting the hearts of the Ahgasean people.

 

“He really looks cute, he completes Prince Minhyuk” Jackson heard and couldn’t help but smile at them; Jooheon’s acceptance made it easier for the X-clan royals to breathe. “Is the other one our Prince Mark’s mate?” Jackson then heard and his mouth turned into a thin line “He doesn’t look like he could be. Prince Mark would choose and alpha female for a mate, I heard my friend who worked at the palace say.” He heard another voice and Jackson tried not to feel hurt with the words; unlike his cousin, he doesn’t belong here at all.

 

When the speeches were over, Yunho announced a feast and the people dispersed to wait in cues for the food to be handed to them while the royals boarded their carriages and waved one last time to the people before going back to the palace.

 

Once back, Jackson found himself being dragged by Minhyuk to the kitchen, because although Minhyuk enjoyed the attention and all that jazz, he still gets hungry. “Why me though?” Jackson asked and Minhyuk took a piece of pastry from a tray, much to the dismay of the pastry chef.

 

“Uhm, I don’t think Jooheon would tolerate my gluttony.” Minhyuk replied, plucking a tart then handed it to Jackson. “Plus you need to eat more, you are skinnier than Hyungwon.” Minhyuk exclaimed and right on cue, Hyungwon and Bambam came running towards their charges.

 

“You!” Hyungwon pointed a finger at Minhyuk but the prince bobbed his head towards Jackson who was nibbling on the tart and Hyungwon sighed and let it go.

 

“Help me prepare some tea.” Bambam said and Hyungwon nodded, but not before glaring at the prince.

 

“Jackson, how are you holding up?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson just smiled at him. “There will be a lot of potential mates later, I hope you’ll use this opportunity wisely.” Minhyuk informed him and Jackson nodded.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be okay” Jackson replied but it did not ease Minhyuk’s worries.

 

The preparation for the ball was hectic and Jackson sighed as Bambam pinned the X-clan emblem on Jackson’s traditional clothes in X-clans Blue and Red. “Bamie, do I really have to?” Jackson asked and Bambam nodded.

 

“You have to represent the X-clan.” Bambam replied. “And you’ll get to meet a lot of potential mates tonight.” Bambam added and Jackson sighed.

 

“The things I do for my family.” Jackson uttered and Bambam frowned at how much his charge is suffering.

 

“You’ll find your mate soon Jackson hyung.” Bambam tried to sound chipper but Jackson was not buying it.

 

“let’s go, it’s already late.” Jackson said and Bambam bowed as they left the room and stood by the ballroom door to greet the guests.

 

Mark soon stood on the other side of the door and Jackson tried to ignore the fact that the prince was deliberately avoiding him. Jackson did not push it though and focused on his task at hand. He greeted the visitors and engaged them in conversations, earning him compliments all throughout the night.

 

“Jackson?” Jackson froze as he heard his name. He then schooled his expression before he greeted the source of voice.

 

“Ilhoon-ssi.” Jackson said and Ilhoon sighed before smiling at him.

 

“Still strained huh?” Ilhoon asked and then gestured to the girl next to him. “Relax, I just want to introduce to you Krystal.” Ilhoon said and Jackson extended a hand to shake Krystal’s hand. Krystal beamed a small smile and shook Jackson’s hand.

 

‘So the infamous Prince Jackson, we finally meet.” Krystalspoke and Jackson narrowed his eyes.

 

“She’s an alpha as well and pretty much as stubborn as the omega I know.” Ilhoon laughed and he earned a punch on his arm courtesy of Krystal.

 

“it’s a political marriage but I wanted to make this work.” Krystal informed Ilhoon who laughed again.

 

“I know.” Ilhoon replied before his eyes settled into Jackson. “She’s pretty tough and although she was not in the list our council had drafted, I chose her, for all the obvious reasons.” Ilhoon said and Jackson nodded in understanding.

 

“It is fascinating how your dynamics will play in the end but I am looking forward to how it will unfold.” Jackson spoke with honesty. “I am glad that you two are trying to work out things despite the political aspect of your mating.” Jackson confessed and this time Krystal smiled wider.

 

“I can feel sincerity in you my dear prince. Now I understand why Ilhoon was infatuated by you.” Krystal said and Jackson gaped. “He told me on our first meeting and I seriously don’t mind.” Krystal continued. “I am not really preferred as the mate, being a little stronger in the attitude department compared to most females.” Krystal shrugged. “But you made Ilhoon change his mind and give me a chance, I am grateful.” Krystal said and bowed making Jackson flustered.

 

“Really not a big deal, I wish you both a stable future ahead then.” Jackson offered as his parting words and the two gladly thanked him for his time.

 

Jackson had then talked to more people, even finding himself with a group of alphas who had been interested in his sword skills. Jackson kept the alphas entertained, really, that was his job right? But in the middle of a proposal for a spar, Jaebum steeped in and glared at the alphas but Jackson assured Jaebum that it was fine and that he accepts the challenge before he left them.

 

“they look suspicious.” Jaebum told Jackson and the omega nodded.

 

“I’m sure they are having a bet or something, but they messed with the wrong omega.” Jackson grinned and Jaebum returned it.

 

“Oh, I’ll be there to watch.” Jaebum said and then left the prince to find Jinyoung.

 

Jackson walked towards the buffet table and was about to pick up a croissant when a hand got it first. Jackson was ready to lash out but then he just bowed his head and walked to the other side to get a different pastry. Mark rasied a brow but shrugged it off, he has no time for conniving omegas.

 

“Prince Jackson, Lord Jinki requests your presence.” Bambam informed the prince and Jackson nodded, foregoing eating anything in favor of meeting his father.

 

“He seemed hungry.” Mark told Bambam and handed him the plate with the croissant.  

 

Bambam thanked the prince and took some other food to give to his charge before leaving. Mark shook his head as he thought of a valid reason on why he gave the last croissant but shrugged as he took a a tart and popped it in his mouth before facing another set of fake people interested in mating with him.

 

 

Jackson met the three alphas from last night with Jaebun guarding him. The courtyard was peaceful at day break but the alphas had vested interest with the omega.

 

“Place your cards.” Jackson greeted them and the alphas laughed.

 

“You are too full of yourself. You think we liked such good for nothing omega?” one alpha spat, making Jaebum clench his fists.

 

“Really? Well I doon’t bow down to such hypocrites, bring it on.” Jackson replied and all at once, three alphas charged at him.

 

 Jackson grinned as he withdrew his sword and dodges the onslaught of attacks. The alphas were frustrated when Jackson easily evaded the attacks and even countered some of them. But they were not giving up, they will not stop until Jackson is down on his knees and begging. Such that one of them discreetly took a bag out from his pocket. But before he could take out what’s inside it, an arrow shot across, speared the pouch and landed on the ground.

 

Everyone stopped to look at the source and found Mark approaching them, bow at his side and a scowl on his face. “Such imbeciles.” He shouted then pointed at the alphas. “you foolish men call yourselves alphas? You dare use cheap tricks to bring down an opponent? Such scum should be dealt accordingly.” Mark said then turned to Jaebum. “I don’t ever want to see their faces ever again. Make sure of it.” Mark ordered and Jaebum saluted before asking his guards to the men out of the property.

 

“Are you okay Jackson?” Jaebum asked.

 

“Well, I guess debts are cleared.” Jackson smiled bitterly and turned to go back to his room.

 

JAebum sighed and then walked towards the arrow to pick up the pouch. Jaebum’s expression  turned dark as he realized the substance inside it, it was a heat inducing chemical, prescribed for those who had fertility issues. It will provide a forced heat; Jackson was going to be if Mark hasn’t saved him.

 

Jaebum then sighed as he walked back inside the palace to report the incident to the head royal guard.

 

If only you both knew where you stand, maybe things would be a little different.

 

 

--

a/n: I did promise some Jinson to a friend so yeah, there’s Jinson in there ahahahaha

this is probably a filler chapter because i am planning a few more angst chapters.