A trip to Dragon Island

Being the perfect omega

A/N: I hope you don’t hate me for hurting Jackson too much.  

 

------

 

Jackson went down for breakfast the next day, eyes a little less swollen after Bambam and Kihyun made sure that the prince was looking a lot less dead. He greeted them with a smile and sat next to Mark, the only available seat at the moment, since Minhyuk sat next to Jooheon.

 

“We will be going to the Dragon Island tomorrow Jackson, you are coming with us. You deserve this for your hard work.” Henry said, looking straight at his nephew. “Kihyun informed us that you were exhausted last night so you retired early, I wish not to over work you.” Henry said and Jackson nodded and thanked him.

 

“We will leave after three days, so this will be a pleasant vacation for everyone.” Yunho added and glared at his alpha son. “Of course, you enjoy your honeymoon.” He then smiled sheepishly at his omega son who flushed.

 

“We’ll be staying longer.” Jooheon informed his mate who smiled.

 

“I am looking forward to it.” Minhyuk replied and everyone enjoyed their breakfast.

 

After the meal, Jackson met Kihyun and gave the older a gentle hug, careful not to squish baby Changkyun. Kihyun smiled at him and told him that the baby likes its name so far.

 

“Thank you for not telling them.” Jackson sighed.

 

“We all care for you Jackson,  let us help you.” Kihyun replied and Jackson smiled.

 

“I will ask for your help soon enough, I need to deal with it first, If it is too much, then I will definitely run to you and the others.” Jackson replied.

 

“Now go and meet Bambam, you need to pack up for the trip.” Kihyun smiled and let the prince go but not without sighing.

 

Growing up with the princes, he witnessed the hardships Jackson went through after presenting as an omega. It pained him to see such precious spirit die because of a status; Jackson was the sun before, now he needed a sun to shine. It was depressing to think that Jackson’s smile looked so forced now.

 

“Hey Kihyun, I was looking for you.” Jinyoung said as the retainer found him.

 

“Oh Jinyoung, how can I help you?” Kihyun asked.

 

“I would like to ask for the tea recipe you made the other day, it is actually good for my morning sickness.” Jinyoung confessed.

 

“Let’s go to the market first; you need to stock up on supplies.” Kihyun said with a smile and led Jinyoung to the weaponry wing to ask for their husband’s permission.

 

Jackson did not really care about the trip, he was not feeling well but he had to be the perfect host to their guests so he did as he was told. Bambam was carefully folding his clothes and putting it inside his luggage, the retainer humming a soft song which relaxed Jackson.

 

“Bambam.” Jackson called out and Bambam looked at the prince.

 

“Yes hyung?” Bambam replied.

 

“Thank you.” Jackson said and it tugged on Bambam’s heartstrings.

 

“It was nothing hyung.” Bambam gave him a soft smile.  “Would you like me to pack some suppressants?” Bambam inquired and Jackson nodded. “I’ll take care of it, and I’ll pack your organic tea once Kihyun hyung returned from the central market.” Bambam informed him and Jackson looked at his retainer and grinned. “Oh no, you are not going out unattended nor unguarded!” Bambam shouted as Jackson took his coat and dashed out of his room, Bambam hot on his trail as they ran across the hall, almost bumping into Mark who was just getting out from his room.

 

Jackson stopped abruptly and bowed apologetically to the prince before walking down the hall with head bowed a little, allowing Bambam to catch up. Jackson sighed and Bambam picked upon the mood swing of his charge.

 

“Hey, let’s not get ourselves into trouble.” Bambam nudged Jackson then gestured for the prince to follow him.

 

Bambam led the way to the weaponry wing and handed Jackson his foil and guard. Jackson was confused but when he saw Jooheon wearing his guard and Minhyuk holding his mate’s foil and beaming him a smile.

 

“ I was supposed to teach Minhyuk how to fence, but since you’re here, why not show Minhyuk what we are made of huh?” Jooheon asked and Jackson laughed loudly.

 

“How bold of you to ask me your majesty, I’ll try not to embarrass you to much.” Jackson replied and wore his gear while Minhyuk and Jooheon shared a look, of pleasure since this is not about Jooheon winning, but more of bringing back Jackson’s smile.

 

Jooheon and Jackson stood in the middle and saluted with each other and to Bambam who nodded and allowed them to walk to their stations.

 

“You know this?” Minhyuk asked and Bambam nodded.

 

“X-clan prided  ourselves with talented swordsmen, and training is rigorous. From a young age,  gboys and even girls are trained to do fencing, a relatively safe sport to prepare them for actual sword battle later on in life. And thus, everyone knows the rules, play it and conduct it. It’s practically a steet game.” Bambam explained and allowed the two princes to engage.

 

Bambam raised his hand towards Jackson, indicating his right of way  and the two princes swiftly but calculatedly walked towards each other and began their engagement.  Minhyuk observed the two and was surprised at how agile both are, especially Jackson who was really at another level from his husband. Jackson then did a series of attaks that Jooheon effectively blocked, but the prince was backing way too fast that led to Jackson doing a balestra, jumping high enough and launching a fleche on Jooheon, effectively landing his foil on Jooheon’s guards.

 

Bambam clapped his hands once and lifted his right hand indicating Jackson got the point. Jooheon laughed as he adjusted his guard. “You don’t hold back, I am loving this.” Jooheon remarked and saluted again, indicating that he is read. Jackson mirrored the actions and went into a defensive stance, while Bambam raised his left hand to indicate Jooheon’s right-of-way.

 

Jooheon took the advantage and pretty much attacked Jackson with vigour that Jackson was caught of guard. Jooheon took a point and Minhyuk eagerly cheered and clapped for his husband. “Show off!” Jackson shouted but laughed, he was enjoying this.

 

The duel continued for a while until Jackson scored enough to win and they eagerly ended the duel, panting and sweating as they took off their guards. Minhyuk was all over Jooheon raising him while he helped the prince wipe off the sweat with a towel. Jackson smiled at the two while Bamabam handed him a towel.

 

“Thank you.” Jackson uttered and Bambam beamed a wide smile.

 

“anything for my prince.” Bambam replied and Jackson felt a little better, he has everyone else with him; even if one does not appreciate him, there are still others that does.

 

 

It was early dawn when the monarch parted for Dragon island. They rode the carriage to the port and soon boarded a royal ship towards the infamous private island. The water was calm and Jackson enjoyed the salty breeze. It has been so long since he had traversed the sea and it felt really good to have a change in scenery. Jaejoong and Yunho were thrilled to sail across the sea, enjoying the sight of clear blue waters and thriving sea life, some dolphins even swam next to them.

 

The island was beautifully preserved and guarded, some cabins were built but not disrupting the island creatures that thrive there. The sand was white and the view was panoramic. Henry assisted Ryeowook down the ship while Yunho did the same to Jaejoong. Jinki was also a gentleman with his omega and Jooheon even asked to carry Minhyuk, but Minhyuk refused to be carried like a bride, it was embarrassing.

 

Jackson alighted the ship carefully, he did not ask for help although Hoseok was quick to extend a hand for the omega. “Hyung, you are Minhyuk hyung’s guard now.” Jackson reprimanded but Hoseok just shook his head.

 

“Minhyuk-nim actually requested for me to still watch over you.” Hoseok said and helped bambam with the prince’s luggage.

 

There were five cabins on the island and each mated pair claimed one for their own, the kings and their consort deserve their privacy while the newly mated couple needed their own cabin for all the right and wrong reasons. Jackson sighed at the arrangement and turned to his fathers who willingly accepted their son into their cabin, leaving Mark to have the other cabin to himself. Yunho frowned seeing his son did not even extend the accommodation to Jackson, their host and now family member. Jaejoong gripped his husband’s hand and placed a kiss on his cheek.

 

“It will be okay Yunho, besides, we will discuss the contract to him when we get back, you’ll have time to scold him, but not in front of our host.” Jaejoong said and Yunho took a deep breath.

 

“You are right, let’s enjoy this vacation then.” Yunho said and led Jaejoong towards their room to change.

 

The monarch changed into their casual day clothes and convened at the gondola by the beach for their brunch. The servants served them local delicacies and Henry boasted the lavers that they served.  Jackson sat between his parents, with Jonghyun enveloping his son in hugs and kisses,, assuring him that everything will be okay.

 

“I hope I don’t sound insulting but Jackson is really a copy of Lord Jonghyun.” Minhyuk said and Jonghyun laughed without a care.

 

“not the slight insulted dear prince. Jackson is our precious child and we had trouble bearing him, or any at all. Jackson was our miracle and we hoped that he’ll share both of our good features, but he ended up looking exactly like me.” Jonghyun explained.

 

‘I couldn’t complain though, I love Jonghyun and Jackson looking like him, how can I not love him too. He mirrors the love of my life, and I will do anything for my son, even being choosy with mates.” Jinki added and Minhyuk smiled at how endearing their little family is.

 

“You look really close and I can feel the love in you three, I admire it.” Jaejoong said and the three thanked him.

 

“It is a beautiful day out; let us enjoy it before fall completely gives us the cold breeze.” Henry announced and they raised their glasses to good weather and for Jooheon and Minhyuk.

 

 

They retreated to their rooms to change and get some lotion and hats before they took a stroll by the shore, each couple held hands and enjoyed the water and the view. Jackson sighed as he watched his parents play in the water like they were teens, probably this could have been what his parents did way back, and he felt a pang in his heart, would he be happy and do these too with his mate someday. He felt like his heart was being squished with every thought of his mate but he put that back and ran towars his parents and joined them in the water. He splashed some water towards his alpha father and Jinki was surprised but vengeful. Jinki threw water towards his son who ducked but Jonghyun wrapped his arms around the boy and flipped him over, both omegas landing on the water and laughing as they emerged. Jinki joined in the ramble and soon he was being tackled by two omegas, two men who he dearly love above others and swore his life to protect no matter what.

 

Jaejoong loved watching the three monarchs play around like they are a normal family, melodious laughs echoing through the island. He loved seeing how Jinki was having fun with his husband and his son, while the two omegas were like a carbon copy of each other. Jaejoong really can’t understand why  but he has gravitated over Jackson ever since he saw him, the omega has bright eyes and a hyena laugh, to which Jaejoong chuckled hearing Jonghyun had apparently a similar laugh; like father like son. He really wanted to see Jackson’s face all happy and smiling, and this was bothering him, it was like a mother longing for his son. Jaejoong had been fond of Jooheon, the kid was cute and his parents were nice. Jaejoong looked at the prince once and his heart just bloomed with affection, like he wanted to take care of this boy, keep him in his pocket and never let anyone hurt him. This connection seemed to have a pattern, and he had told Yunho about it, his alpha had confessed the same things, so he had always supported Minhyuk in accepting Jooheon’s offer and had been adamant for Mark to choose his own, preferably Jackson.

 

But Mark had a mind of his own, and his parents will not be able to convince him otherwise. Mark never wanted to mate if he was asked, but if he had to a Female Alpha or Beta was his choiceat the very least; he would want to have a traditional mated life. He doesn’t hate his parents, not his brother, he does not detest omegas in general, but meeting Jackson had changed his mind, he doesn’t want to get tied to a person who could overpower your status without rhyme or reason just because they can go stronger than you.

 

Maybe Mark was afraid of his status being mocked but he was more of concerned what the council might think. Ever since he almost got Jaebum killed, he was being watched by the council closely, trained to be the perfect Alpha, and thus he had closed his mind on what he would consider as a mate, because now he see them as hindrances. Mates are demanding and needed protection; he cannot be bothered to protect them every single time; if given a situation if he would choose between his country and his mate, he’ll choose his country and does not care if his mate were killed right in front of him.

Mark sighed as he shook his head to remove the negative thoughts away from his mind and decided that taking a dip in the water would be the best thing to do. He took off his shirt and handed it to Jaebum. Mark then walked towards the water until it reached his waist before submerging himself fully then reemerging with a content sigh. He leisurely waded for a couple of moments before he tested the water for swimming. The current was good and the temperature was just nice so he took it all in and decided to swim further out, he was a good swimmer despite their kingdom being landlocked.

 

Mark was feeling break so he swam further out but did not expect the sudden change in the water’s current. He was caught off guard and he was soon experiencing a hard time swimming back to shore. He then felt his leg muscles cramped and soon, he was losing his energy. He felt a huge crash of wave and he was underwater. He tried to re-surface but another crash of waves hit him and soon found himself drowning. He was a little disappointed with himself, dying in such a petty way like drowning. He closed his eyes as he was pulled deeper, praying that his body would be recovered pretty quickly.

 

Jackson sensed something was off and he turned to watch Mark swam further out to the sea. His instincts kicked and as soon as he saw the crash approaching, he swam to get to Mark the soonest. There was a scream but the owner did not register on Jackson’s mind as he swam as fast as he could to get Mark. Mark went under and Jackson knew he had to dive to get the prince. Jackson was trained as a true alpha and despite now that he was being groomed to be an omega, he still had the skill set of an alpha, and his lungs and muscles can be exerted to full capacity. Jackson searched as he dived and eventually got to Mark to pull him out into the surface.

 

Mark seemed to be unconscious so Jackson has to swim back and drag the prince along. Hyunwoo and Jaebum were already swimming towards the prince to help and Jaebum took Mark when they met, while Hyunwoo assited the omega who had used too much of his strength for one day. Jackson panted as Hyunwoo led him to shore, sitting him just beside Mark who Jaebum had been doing CPR. Bambam quickly threw a towel aaround the prince’s body, handing Hyunwoo his own towel and holding on to two more as Jaebum tried to resuscitate the prince. Jackson panted as he watched the guard tried to revive the prince but to no avail, so Jackson pushed his body off of the sand, positioned his body in front of Mark and grunted to inform Jaebum to hand it over to him.

 

Jackson took a deep breath before he opened Mark’s mouth and adjusted his neck. He then pinched the prince’s nose and leaned in to blow gust of air to his lungs. Jackson’s lips naturally  locked with mark, and it felt like a puzzle piece but Jackson did not mind the tingling on his skin as he focused on the task at hand. Several times he repeated his actions, alternating pumping the prince’s chest and blowing air through his mouth. When all seemed lost, Mark coughed out water and everyone was relieved to see that the prince was alright.

 

Jackson immediately withdrew and walked back to his parent’s cabin to change, with Bambam handling Jaebum the towels before grabbing his charge’s fallen one and followed after the prince. Jackson stripped off his clothes and entered the shower, closing his eyes as he fought back the pain in his chest. He let the water flowed down his body, along with the tears he shed.

 

Bambam picked up the wet clothes outside the bathroom and prepared fresh ones for Jackson. He could hear the sobs from the door but he pretended that he could not hear it, his heart broke for his prince, never understanding the real cause of his charge’s pain. He closed his eyes and then released a deep exhale before he schooled his figure into a smile.

 

He handed Jackson his clothes and soon was offering his prince the option to eat inside his cabin. Jackson appreciated and accepted the offer; he knew Bambam was receptive and he was grateful for it. Bambam excused himself as he needed to talk with Jinki and Jonghyun for the arrangements and soon Jackson was left alone to stare at the open sea that was visible from his window.

 

 

Jonghyun and Jinki entered Jackson’s room and immediately, Jonghyun was all over his son, checking if he was okay. Jackson assured them of his health, he did not drown.

 

“Bambam told me that you’ll be staying here for lunch?” Jonghyun asked and Jackson nodded.

 

“I am tired appa, i used a lot of energy and wanted to sleep it off.” Jackson replied and Jonghyun nodded. “is the prince okay?” Jackson inquired and they both nodded.”if ever he asked, please tell him that it was Jaebum hyung or Hyunwoo hyung who saved him.” Jackson said an it took both parents by surprise.

 

“Is there any particular reason why you want to hide this fact Jackson?” Jinki asked his son, knowing that he’ll not do things without proper reasoning.

 

Jackson bit his lip and then looked at his father with a sad eyes. “he doesn’t like me very much.” Jackson revealed.

 

“Is this the real reason why you did not want to submit the proposal?” Jinki asked and Jackson nodded as he held his tears at bay.

 

Jackson felt Jonghyun’s arm tighten around him and soon even Jinki was embracing him tightly. Jackson felt like his heart could burst with emotions so he let the tears go and he allowed his fathers to soothe his pain with comforting words.

 

“We are sorry if our actions caused you pain.” Jinki apologized but Jackson shook his head and just buried his face on Jinki’s chest, his father’s alpha’s sent to comfort him just like he had when Jackson presented as an omega.

 

 

Mark was slipping in and out of consciousness for a while before he fully regained control of his mind and body. When he opened his eyes, he saw his worried parents, a relieved Minhyuk (with Jooheon on his side) and a stern looking Jaebum.

 

 

“You are an idiot you know that?” Yunho was out raged. “if Jaebum wasn’t quick enough to save you then you are most likely dead by now.” Yunho blurted out and all eyes were on him. Minhyuk looked like he wanted to protest, Jaejoong had his brows furrowed while Jaebum was surprised.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Mark’s voice was hoarse and Jaejoong quickly handed him some water and told him to rest. He instructed their servants to prepare food for him to eat in his cabin and walked out of the room eyeing Yunho who followed him.

 

 

“Why tell Mark a lie?” Jaejoong asked once they were out of earshot.

 

“I’m sorry but it was I  who requested it.” Jooheon said as he bowed at them. “You see, Jackson is an unmated omega and what he did, when he did the CPR, he had done a grave error. This is to protect both princes from persecution and from making them mate when they clearly don’t have intentions to do so.” Jooheon explained and Jaejoong nodded.

 

It wasn’t a kiss but their lips still met, Jackson as an unmated omega had lost part of his purity and be labeled as a tainted one. This is harsh especially if Jackson was being groomed for mating. They could force Mark to mate with him but Jinki would not allow his omega son into a loveless marriage.

 

“I understand, It just felt wrong for me to lie who Mark’s savior is.” Jaejoong said and Yunho sighed.

 

“it is for the best.” Yunho embraced his mate as Jooheon excused himself.

 

Jooheon visited Jackson after and he gave a weak smile to his cousin. “I did not tell them your true reason, I used mating as an excuse.” Jooheon said and Jackson was truly grateful for his cousin.

 

“Does Minhyuk hyung knows?” Jackson asked and Jooheon shook his head. “I’m sorry that you had to lie so early in your relationship” Jackson replied.

 

“I don’t want him to feel conflicted between his twin brother and his cousin-in-law.” Jooheon said. “But I might tell him when we are alone here; I can’t really lie to him.” Jooheon said and Jackson nodded.

 

“That would be enough for me. Uncle Henry?” Jackson asked.

 

“Uncle Jinki talked to him, it was a political matter after all, one I can’t handle at the moment.” Jooheon explained.

 

 

‘I really am sorry for all the trouble.” Jackson said, looking down on his fingers.

 

“I can’t blame it all to you, it takes two to tango.” Jooheon assured his cousin and patted his shoulder before leaving the room.

 

Jackson sighed, why has this turned into a complicated mess anyway? He then allowed his body to rest on the bed again and slept all the worries away; at least for a while he could forget them.

 

 

Lunch was a little tense and both Minhyuk and Jooheon were at loss on what to do, Minhyuk sighed and lolled his head to rest on Jooheon’s shoulder while Jooheon planted a kiss on the omega’s head.

 

“I apologize for the trouble.” Yunho spoke eventually. “I do thank Jackson for saving Mark’s life. I know you have your reasons why you wanted us to keep it a secret but we will comply as our token of gratitude.” Yunho said and Minhyuk bit his lip, he may not understand now, but he’ll dig this up one day.

 

“I know it is a difficult situation but I hope we’ll still keep it happy, this is to celebrate Jooheon and Minhyuk’s mating.” Henry replied and all nodded in agreement.

 

‘Thank you.” Minhyuk smiled, or at least tried to smile, at  his father-in-law’s effort.

 

“why don’t we go fishing later?” Jinki suggested and Henry grinned at his twin brother.

 

“Oh you are so on Jinki, I’ll beat your record this time!” Henry was pumped up making Ryeowook and Jonghyun laugh along with Jooheon.

 

“forgive me if I don’t understand.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon smiled at him.

 

“They are competitive in fishing. Our seas have really good supply of game fishes and each year, we hold a contest for our people. We do give prizes out but the bragging rights are all that we want to get. You’ll get to experience it by spring, it’s awesome.” Jooheon explained.

 

“It’s just that these two are very competitive and they consider themselves rivals.” Ryeowook supplied.

 

“Jinki hyung caught a bigger one compared to Henry hyung.” Jonghyun added making Jinki raise a brow at his brother.

 

“Not this time Jinki.” Henry pointed an accusing finger towards his brother who just laughed.

 

“Oh if it is a competition then let me join.” Yunho proudly said and Jaejoong shook his head.

 

“Please honey, you ave zero knowledge about fishing, you may end up fishing for sea weeds.” Jaejoong said and Minhyuk laughed loudly at how his father dissed his alpha. The others then laughed along making Yunho furious.

 

“If I  happen to catch a big one?” Yunho asked with a raised brow.

 

Jaejoong grinned at his husband before winking. That was enough to make Yunho laugh, he understood the prize well enough. Minhyuk smiled at his parents and wonder if they will grow old like them, like Yunho and Jaejoong who are always challenging each other, or Henry and Ryeowook who had a text book marriage and an ideal household or even Jinki and Jonghyun who is an epitome of soul mates.

 

Jooheon tightened his arm around Minhyuk’s waist and gave him a peck on his cheek, Minhyuk melted into the contact and he felt like he’ll have to worry about those things when they come face to face with it; for now he’ll enjoy the moment to be with his family, all extended and happy.

 

The fishing game was exiting to be honest, aboard the ship; the four mated couples then sailed to a deeper part of the sea. The crew then handed them some rods and a bucket of bait and they were  all out trying to outdo each other.  Henry caught the first fish and he proudly showed it off to his brother. Jinki just smirked as his rod took a bait and he ended up reeling a big one, slightly at par with Henry’s.

 

Minhyuk looked t them with awe then faced his mate who looked at him confusedly. “Can’t you get something like that?? I want to brag about my mate too!” Minhyuk pouted and Jooheon kissed his mate’s lips then laughed.

 

“I am my father’s son.” Jooheon winked and in a few moments, Jooheon was reeling in a big one, even bigger than Henry’s and Jinki’s catch.

 

Minhyuk was squealing happily and jumping before he cupped Jooheon’s cheeks and kissed his mate full on the lips. He was beaming with pride and Jooheon just laughed at his ,ate who excitedly informed his parents of his mate’s catch.

 

“Guess we have to settle our rematch some other time.” Jinki chuckled and Henry laughed along, they were beaten by the prince and it was a bittersweet moment.

 

Meanwhile, the fishing trip ended with Yunho getting a bite, albeit small, it was still a bite that Jaejoong gave him a peck on the cheek and a wink. Yunho was satisfied with it and vowed to return by spring to participate in the fishing tournament, for fun at least.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I knew nothing about fencing so I had to do a little research for this. I did, however, watched an actual fencing match back in college but then I still had no idea how it works or whatever hahahah so forgive my lack of knowledge, I just wanted to incorporate more of Jackson’s strength in the fic ^^

Honestly, I did not have this scene in my original plot but it is summer here in my country and I just wanted a beach scene because I couldn’t go to it T.T.

 

Sorry if this took so long and it is a little shorter than the other two. But I am sleepy and I have work early tom, so please forgive me.