Official Mates

Being the perfect omega

 

a/n:  I am really thankful for those who took interest in this fiction, I value your opinion so I will try to meet your expectations ^^ since the length of the first chapter is 6,400 words and took mee a week to finish, this update was a bit later than expected. I tried to write it at the same level of word count so I do apologize for that.

 

 

----

 

Jooheon and his family bid their goodbyes and Jackson was then again left alone to aide the incoming prince. Minhyuk was very cooperative and it made Jackson’s life easier.

 

“Why would you need my opinion?” Jackson asked as Minhyuk led the way to one of the rooms set up by the royal seamstress for the ceremonial robe fitting.

 

“I would like to get your opinion, I would not want to misrepresent my kingdom nor disrespect yours.” Minhyuk replied and Jackson nodded.

 

They entered the room and Hyungwon assisted Minhyuk towards the adjacent changing room while Jackson was allowed to sit at an available couch as the seamstress asked him about any X-clan traditions that they may need to include in the creation of the robes. Jackson explained it briefly at the seamstress who took note of everything and already devised some changes in the wardrobe of the groom to be.

 

The seamstress was enjoying her chat with the prince when Mark entered and the atmosphere tensed visible, the older prince sent a cold glare towards Jackson who just bowed in respect to Mark then kept quiet as they waited for Minhyuk to return.

 

Jaejoong then entered the room and was delighted to see Jackson present before he turned to the seamstress. Minhyuk returned to meet them and Jaejoong smiled at his son who was wearing the white robe with yellow and green ombre towards the bottom, a green sash around his waist and pink dusted his cheeks.

 

“Ah, you look wonderful Minhyuk.” Jaejoong embraced his son who smiled at his father.

 

“Do I really father?” the prince asked and Jaejoong nodded. Minhyuk then turned to his brother who smiled at him, all teeth shown. Minhyuk then turned to Jackson who was beaming a wide smile and two thumbs up for the prince. “Will Jooheon like it?” He asked and Jackson nodded.

 

“We will add a little blue into the robe to honor the color of X-clan. The seamstress said as she approached the prince and took pins to fit the robe better into the slim frame of Minhyuk. She also pinned the hem and told everyone where she’ll add some gemstones and Minhyuk couldn’t be any happier.

 

“I would like to have a small hairpiece.” Minhyuk said and the seamstress nodded.

 

“I will talk to the jeweler to craft one suiting for matrimony.” She informed them and then bowed as Minhyuk returned to the room and change back into his ordinary clothes.

 

“Jackson dear, would the prince really like it?” Jaejoong asked and Jackson nodded.

 

“The robes emphasized prince Minhyuk’s beauty, and he is literally glowing, what more can my cousin want than to see his groom in such wonderful state.” Jackson replied and Jaejoong was happy with it.

 

Jaejoong then left and Jackson waited for Minhyuk to return. Mark followed his father and Jackson sighed as he watched the retreating back of the prince. Minhyuk returned shortly and led Jackson to meet Jinyoung who was getting some rest since he was easily fatigued, arguig about how the weather was too hot for his liking.

 

Jinyoung welcomed them into their house and Jackson noted how warm and cozy it felt. Jinyoung served them iced tea and they chat about a lot of things, mostly Jinyoung answering Minhyuk’s queries about mating.

 

“Does it hurt?” Minhyuk asked and Jinyoung laughed loudly at that.

 

“it does, the bigger your alpha, the more painful it is.” Jinyoung replied making both Minhyuk and Jackson blush scarlet.

 

“Are you going to attend the wedding?” Jackson asked and Jinyoung nodded.

 

“Mark will need me as his retainer, I doubt Jaebum will be able to handle Mark alone. Besides, we just mated and he’ll be very protective of me naturally, only when we get over the honeymoon phase we’ll be able to be separated for longer periods.” Jinyoung explained. “It’s an alpha’s nature.” Jinyoung said and the two omegas nodded.

 

“You’ll meet Kihyun hyung!” Jackson chirped. “he’s like a nagger really but very protective of me and Jooheon. He’s like a mother to us.” Jackson said and Jinyoung smiled at that.

 

“I can see why he’s protective of you; it’s the same for me for Mark and Minhyuk, despite them being older.” Jinyoung said and Mihyuk laughed.

 

“Please, you nag on us pretty good.” Minhyuk replied making all of them laugh and enjoy each other’s company.

 

They were back before dinner and Minhyuk was really excited for the wedding to come and was already being a kid with too much sugar that Mark had to stop his brother from sliding down the staircase since it is dangerous and unbecoming for a prince.

 

“I would be taking my Leave next week, I do need to return to help with the wedding preparations and for Jooheon’s birthday.” Jackson informed Yunho but the King shook his head.

 

“You will be returning with us, I am sure that they can manage Jooheon’s birthday just fine.” Yunho told him and Jackson sighed.

 

“I don’t want to be a bother.” Jackson said.

 

“You are not a bother nor a burden. You helped us a lot, especially Minhyuk. I will not allow you to travel alone, an unmated omega.” Yunho informed him. “Hoseok will not be able to protect you since he is required to guard Minhyuk.” Yunho said matter-of-factly and Jackson sighed even more. “Why would you not want to join us?” Yunho inquired and Jackson felt like he needed to escape quickly.

 

“I will travel with you but let me join Jinyoung’s carriage please, I will feel more comfortable that way.” Jackson replied.

 

“Are you avoiding Mark by any chance?” Yunho asked.

 

“No your majesty, It’s just that I feel that my heat is coming. I don’t want to impose.” Jackson replied and Yunho nodded.

 

“If it will make you comfortable then a separate carriage for you and your retainer, and I will have Jinyoung ride with you.” Yunho assured him and Jackson thanked the king and returned to his room to retire for the night.

 

Yunho then walked towards his eldest son’s room to find Mark studying blue prints of the kingdom. He cleared his throat to get his son’s attention and Mark looked up to see his father’s serious face.

 

‘Something the matter father?” Mark asked and Yunho nodded.

 

“in a matter of weeks, your brother wil be married off, I worry for you not finding your mate.” Yunho said making Mark groan.

 

“is it really necessary?” Mark asked back. “A mate will only hinder me in my plan of action. A mate, especially omega, would need constant protection, one that I am not willing to commit into giving. I have to rule a kingdom.” Mark replied and Yunho sighed.

 

“Omega mates are not hindrances Mark. Yes they need protection but you will need a mate to make you whole and to be your pillar of support. I have Jaejoong all my life and not once did he fail me especially in my darkest days. A mate is someone who will be willing to give themselves for their alpha, even their lives.” Yunho explained. “1 yea r mark, that’s how long I can wait before I pick out a random name out of the proposals.” Yunho said then left the son who was now hissing.

 

Mark ran a tired hand over his hair then grabbed his bow and arrow to shoot at targets. Mark had good aim, and even if it was dark with only torches for light, he hit the targets dead on. He was frustrated with his father; a mate is not someone he needs right now, not ever. But why was his father so adamant to him getting one? Mark was contemplating when he heard movement on the far side of the courtyard, and with practiced precision, he launched the arrow and it landed a few feet from a shocked person. Mark narrowed his eyes and his anger rose seeing that it was Jackson.

 

Jackson’s heart was pounding hard from the shock, he never expected an arrow to land in front of him, he never wanted to die young and unmated. He took ragged breaths and faced the alpha and bowed to apologize.

 

“I am sorry for disturbing you, your highness. I was just taking a night stroll.” He said then walked with head bowed, entering the palace with not another sound of complaint.

 

Mark wasn’t expecting an apology, he would expect a rant, some screaming and curses but Jackson just acted like any omega in fear, something so contrasting from what he witnessed a few days back during his birthday party. Mark shrugged his shoulders and continued to shoot some arrows, unknowing of the tearful omega who clutched his chest at the pain that cursed his body for the second time.

 

Jackson gasped for air as tears flowed from his eyes, he wanted to escape this kingdom already and just hoped that October would come soon already. Jackson fell asleep on the floor, clutching his chest while in a fetal position, and Bambam found him like that, scurried over his charge and asked what happened to his prince.

 

“Bamie, I want to go home.” Jackson cried in his retainer’s arm and soon, Hoseok was also kneeling and embracing the prince to comfort the monarch.

 

‘He misses home.” Bambam informed Hoseok and the guard nodded and held the prince tighter. Jackson calmed down and Hoseok carried the prince’s body to the bed and Bambam tucked him in.

 

“I’ll go ask Hyungwon if we could get him something to eat. Stay with him in case he wakes up.” Hoseok instructed and Bambam nodded, they really care for Jackson like he was a bother, more than a prince and master.

 

Hyungwon entered the room with a worried Minhyuk but Bambam reassured the prince that Jackson was just homesick. Hyungwon handed the food and Bambam took it and placed it on the night stand and thanked the other retainer for his help.

 

“Please call me when he wakes up.” Minhyuk said and Bambam nodded then bowed to the prince. “I will need Hoseok-hyung today. Is ist okay if yugyeom stayed with you?” Minhyuk asked and Bambam flushed before nodding. Minhyuk smiled seeing the retainer’s reaction, he had noticed this some time ago and really, he would like them to enjoy each other more now that their time is limited and Jackson will return to X-clan since Mark isn’t convinced that Jackson is a good catch.

 

Jackson woke up a few hours later and bambam was quick to attend to his needs. Jackson was suffering a head ache but that was not his major problem right now. Yugyeom fetched Minhyuk and the prince returned to Jackson’s room just as the later was eating a meal.

 

“If you are feeling better tomorrow, I would like you to accompany me to the market to get Jooheon a gift for his birthday.” Minhyuk said and Jackson nodded.

 

“It would be my pleasure.” Jackson beamed a smile but Minhyuk can see the tightness in the lips that tells that it was a forced one; whatever was happening to Jackson, Minhyuk wanted to take the pain away but he knew nothing about it.

 

Jackson found himself amidst the sights and sounds of the central market. Minhyuk was welcomed happily by the Ahgasean people, and they offered their congratulations to the prince. They knew nothing about the X-clan prince who will mate with their prince but the announcement and the smile on Minhyuk had assured them that their prince was in good hands.

 

“What would Jooheon like?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson pointed to some stuffed toys and dolls.

 

“He’s fond of cute stuff, and maybe some coat since it’s nearing winter; he likes comfortable clothes as well.” Jackson explained and Minhyuk took that as good advices.

 

They wandered towards the store and Minhyuk took a cute puppy stuffed animal and held it towards Jackson who laughed and nodded. “It looks like you, he will love it.” Jackson replied and Minhyuk was happy to see Jackson laugh like that, genuine.

 

“I will take this.” Minhyuk told the owner who nodded and wrapped up the gift.

 

“Anything for your friend, your majesty?” The shop owner asked and Minhyuk looked at Jackson who had his eyes on the wall of chubby pandas and hamsters.

 

“A grey hamster perhaps?” Minhyuk asked the shop owner and retrieved one from the back and showed it to the prince.

 

“It has a bow and arrow?” Minhyuk asked.

 

“In commemoration of prince Mark’s birthday.” The shop owner said.

 

“What about me?” Minhyuk asked.

 

“A mirror and a sword.” The shop owner took a stuffed puppy and handed it to Minhyuk who smiled and then asked the owner to wrap those two instead.

 

They then shopped for clothes and coats before stopping at a flower stall to get some sunflowers for Minhyuk’s room. Jackson noticed a little girl trying to braid her hair with flowers but was having difficulty. He crouched down and offered his help and the girl was so trusting and innocent that she agreed instantly. Jackson smiled as he combed her hair with his fingers and started braiding the child’s hair and weaving flowers into the hair as he went along.

 

Minhyuk noticed the gentleness in Jackson’s face as he chatted with the little girl. “oh, he’s very good your highness.” The florist commented and Minhyuk smiled at her.

 

“he is isn’t he?” Minhyuk replied. “He’s the cousin of my mate.” Minhyuk replied and the florist smiled at him.

 

‘Then we can rest assure that you are in safe hands your highness.” She said and called her daughter after Jackson was finished doing her hair.

 

The little girl ran to her mother and she handed her daughter a small bouquet of peach roses which the girl handed to Jackson with a toothy smile. “Thank you, mister.” The girl said and Jackson returned the smile, wide and eye b with tears.

 

“Thank you too sweetheart. You are really beautiful so thank your parents for giving life to you okay?” Jackson said and the girl nodded then waved as the group returned to the palace.

 

Mark was going back to his room when he noticed his brother and Jackson’s return from the market. He also noticed the flowers in Jackson’s hand and felt a little angry, the reason he does not know why. He took a deep breath and then walked back to his room in hurried pace.

 

 

Jackson boarded his carriage with Bambam and Jinyoung, finally he was going to return to X-clan and be able to be Jackson, just the omega waiting to be mated to an alpha who would want him. Jinyoung was having a headache and Jackson told him to sleep since it is a long journey to X-clan. Jinyoung did not fight over it and just rested, Jaebum gave his mate a peck on the lips before they started their journey.

 

Henry and Ryeowook received their guests well and asked Bambam to lead them to the guest wing. Jackson went towards his own room to change and then went to greet his parents who were very much happy to see him again. Jooheon greeted his cousin and Jackson enveloped him in a tight koala hug and twirled him around like he’d always done when they were younger.

 

“You are too cute.” Minhyuk chuckled and Jackson let his cousin go and they fixed their clothes and faced the Ahgasean Royal Family.

 

“It is so nice to see you smile that wide Jackson.” Jaejoong commented. “You must’ve missed home badly.” He added and Jackson bowed smiled a little and nodded.

 

“I hope the rooms are at par with your expectations, it will be your home for three weeks.” Henry  asked and Yunho nodded. “We do have to celebrate my son’s birthday this weekend so excuse the hustle and bustle inside the castle.” Henry warned them.

 

“Oh, we expected it.” Jaejoong replied.

 

“anything you would like to eat?” Ryeowook asked and Minhyuk raised his hand.

 

“If you could teach me how to cook seaweed soup, I would like my future father-in-law to like me.” Minhyuk said and effectively making Ryeowook and Henry laugh at it.

 

“Well I expect only the best young man.” Henry warned him just as Ryeowook led him to the kitchen.

 

“Jinki, if we could talk to you?” Yunho then asked and Jinki nodded, bringing along his husband and leading the way to a vacant study. Jooheon then went with his father to get some paperworks done for his upcoming mating, leaving Jackson and Mark alone.

 

Jackson fidgeted then took a deep breath before he tried to ask the Prince. “Your Majesty, do you have any particular activity that you wanted to try?” Jackson asked and Mark just looked at him blankly. “We have the training grounds if you want to practice weaponry, or spar with our soldiers.” Jackson tried but Mark was just not buying it.

 

‘I’d like to rest.” Mark replied and Jackson nodded.

 

‘Please ask any servants around if you need anything.” Jackson replied and bowed as Mark took his leave. Jackson sighed and went his way, finishing details for the wedding.

 

Jackson met Hyunwoo at a corridor and the prince asked the royal guard to see the sword they will be offering the Kingdom of ahgase. Hyunwoo led  him towards the weaponry wing and there guarded by 2 knights, and enclosed by a glass case was the sword, the hilt filled with royal blue Sapphire that represents the water and Blood red ruby that represents the fertile land. It looked like a dragon’s head and Jackson was satisfied that it will be liked by King Yunho.

 

“How is Kihyun hyung doing?” Jackson asked and Hyunwoo grinned at him.

 

“He is a little rounder but you know, he hates it when I call him fat.” Hyunwoo laughed and Jackson let out his own melodious laugh. “He is well enough to nag by the way, it was just his first trimester that was critical.” Hyunwoo explained.

 

Jackson and Hyunwoo entered the servant’s quarters and was surprised to see Jinyoung resting on a couch with a worried Hyungwon and an antsy Jaebum. The royal physician was checking up the omega and Jaebumexplained that jinyoung fainted earlier. Kihyun entered with a tray of food while Bambam trailed after him and Kihyun leaned in to give Hyunwoo a kiss before settling the tray down on the nearby table.

 

“It was just exhaustion, please take care of yourself, I presume this is your first pregnancy and your body would be adjusting to the new life within you. Omegas have complicated birthing and more risky compared to females so please do take extra caution.” The physician said and all were wide eyed and gaping.

 

“Pregnancy?” Jeabum asked and the doctor nodded.

 

“Congratulations.” He said then left after a few more reminders.

 

Jaebum approached the mate carefully and Jinyoung extended a hand which Jaebum kissed and held tightly before enveloping his mate into a tight hug.

 

“We’ll be parents soon.” Jaebum was in tears, Hyunwoo shared the sentiment while Hoseok sniffled, he was emotional like that.

 

“Congratulations!” Hyunwoo exclaimed and Jaebum smiled at him and nodded to thank him.

 

More congratulations were given and Jinyoung was genuinely happy but exhausted. “Take it easy.” Kihyun said, handing a cup of water towards Jinyoung. “The travel must be really taxing on your body. Do rest well, I will accompany you.” Kihyun said and Jinyoung thanked him for the care.

 

“Go now Jaebum, I’m sure Mark will need you.” Jinyoung said and his mate nodded. “And Jackson, if it is not too much, can you assign someone to attend to Mark?” Jinyoung asked and Jackson beamed a smile.

 

“It can be arranged, rest well. Little Youngjae will need it too.” Jackson said and both jinyoung and jaebum furrowed their brows. “Jinyoung and Jaebum, I just gave your child a name!” Jackson remared and Jaebum frowned.

 

“What if it’s a girl?”  Jaebum asked and Jinyoung laughed.

 

‘We can think about names at another time. I like the sound of Youngjae.” Jinyoung said, wrapping his arm around his stomach and smiling. Jaebu sighed and kissed his mate before leaving. Hyunwoo did as well and they all left the pregnant omegas to rest.

 

 

“Youngjae?” Jaebum ased and Hyunwoo patted his shoulder.

 

“Give it a rest, he named our baby Changkyun.” Hyunwoo informed the guard. “At least Youngjae is nearer to your names.” Hyunwoo argued and Jaebum laughed loudly.

 

“You are right!” Jaebum said.

 

Jackson wanted to find an attendant for Mark but each one was scared to face the prince at all cost leaving him no choice but to face the prince himself. He steeled his expressions and knocked on the door. He waited for an answer before he entered.

 

“Dinner will be served in an hour, would you like to take a bath your majesty?” Jackson asked and Mark was surprised to see Jackson instead of Jinyoung

 

“Where is Jinyoung?” Mark asked and Jackson informed him of the omega’s pregnancy. “Send in Hyungwon as my attendant.” Mark replied and Jackson nodded before leaving.

 

 

Jackson knocked into Minhyuk’s quarters and explained the predicament to the prince. Minhyuk can sense the sadness in Jackson so he agreed to the arrangements. “I can send Bambam to be your retainer. I can just ask for other attendants of the palace, I know them better.” Jackson argued and Minhyuk took the offer, he would be happy if he could help Jackson just a tiny bit.

 

“Is Mark being difficult?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson’s mouth pursed into a thin line.


“Your brother never liked me at the first place, I am being civil with him because I like you. You are very friendly Minhyuk-hyung. I know how much you’ll make Jooheon happy and content. I am nobody anyway, so I’ll just it up until this is over and we’ll never have to face each other again.” Jackson replied.

 

“I’m sorry.” Minhyuk replied.

 

“Not your fault my prince.” Jackson reassured Minhyuk. “Anyway, after the wedding I’ll probably get to work on those proposals and do my duty to my kingdom.” Jackson shrugged and Minhyuk can feel the pain in Jackson’s eyes.

 

“Are you considering Ilhoon then?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson shook his head.

 

“Their council is strict with their traditions.” Jackson replied and excused himself.

 

Minhyuk sighed deep, why his brother was acting like a jerk, and to his fiancé’s cousin no less. Jackson was a good person that had his kingdom’s interest before his own. 

 

Jackson knocked on Mark’s door again and this time he placed a scroll of parchment on the table and left after a bow. Mark raised a brow but Jackson was already leaving to notice the curiosity on Mark’s face. Hyungwon took the scroll and read it for the prince, telling the prince his duties for the ceremony. Mark rubbed the bridge of his nose; surely they think he doesn’t know his role.

 

“your majesty, do you need anything else?” Hyungwon asked and Mark shoo his head. “Then you must prepare for Prince Jooheon’s birthday party.” Hyungwon suggested and Mark nodded and dismissed the attendant.

 

Jinyoung returned a moment later to prepare Mark’s bath and to help him pick his outfit. Mark was surprised but Jinyoung said that he had rested well and Jackson will need Bambam now more than ever with the preparations for the wedding ceremony to kick off soon.

 

“All of you speak of Jackson all the time.” Mark mumbled a little angry but Jinyoung just dismissed him and returned to his task.

 

The X-clan birthday party for Jooheon was a little tame compared to what Mark was expecting but he figured that with the upcoming wedding, the resources was put iinto that, Jooheon doesn’t need to impress potential mates anyway.

 

The party held various guests and all were praising how Minhyuk was perfect for their prince, and how good they look side by side. Mark scoffed at them subtly; of course they’ll say that. Amidst the party, he could see familiar faces, and one of them was Ilhoon, and was that Jackson nest to him? Mark felt his fist clenching involuntarily as he watched Ilhoon and Jackson interact, weren’t they enemies just last month?

 

Mark walked towards the other side of the ball room, not really able to shoot arrows at the moment since this was not their territory. He took a drink from the pile and drank it without hesitation, avoiding possible interested parties who would discuss marriage proposals with him while flirting shamelessly; he’s disgusted by it. He escaped into the courtyard, taking in deep breaths as he tried to relax and release the unwanted anger that was filling him up but knew not of the  source nor the reason for it.

 

He was about to enter the ball room again when he saw Jackson being chased by Ilhoon followed by another unknown person.

 

“Jackson, wait!” Ilhoon shouted but Jackson did not stop until he was a good distance away from the ball room, a few steps where Mark was hiding.

 

“Let me make this clear ilhoon.” Jackson said as he took a deep breath.

 

“I am sorry if one of our council members embarrassed you.” Ilhoon said and Jackson shook his head.

 

“he humiliated and belittled me.” Jackson pointed out and Mark’s anger was full on raging hearing those words. ‘But I understand.” Jackson said softly. “This is the reason why I decline to be your mate, I am not made for your kingdom and your traditions.” Jackson said, without a hint of anger. “I am not your true mate, and I am sure you’ll find them soon. Your kingdom needs an omega to be formed at their will and I will never be that omega.” Jackson finished and Ilhoon nodded.

 

“I liked you a lot Jackson. You were different.” Ilhoon confessed. “I really wanted to be given a chance to pursue you, but I guess no matter how hard I’ll try, I will be bound by my kingdom’s tradition.” Ilhoon said and Jackson smiled at him.

 

“you are a good person ilhoon, to that I offer you my respect and friendship.” Jackson extended a hand and Ilhoon looked at it before embracing Jackson.

 

“It’s an offer I will accept. And to your Kingdom I offer my alliance.” Ilhoon replied and Jackson smiled at him.

 

“thank you. For your words and for considering me.” Jackson bowed and Ilhoon bowed as well before leaving Jackson alone.

 

Jackson sighed as he wrapped his arms around himself and tried not to cry. The Melodian Council man was harsh with his words and Jackson was deeply affected with it. He held himself tighter and walked towards the courtyard, sitting on a bench and looking up at the moon that hanged above.

 

Jackson was silent and Mark could barely make out the tears that spilled from the omega’s eyes. Mark was conflicted but his resolve was stronger so he walked away from the scene to return to the party.

 

Minhyuk heard of the commotion and so he found his way into Jackson and wrapped him in a warm embrace, reminding him that he is worth more than those words, that he is perfect just the way he is. But Jackson was already broken to begin with, that old man’s words just added to the pain that Jackson will never ever be able to tell someone else but himself.

 

The mating ceremony finally came and Minhyuk was excited that Hyungwon has to threaten his charge before Minhyuk can settle on his chair for the stylists to fix his hair and put some color on his cheeks. Minhyuk was smiling as he wore his robe, fitting perfectly and showing off his kingdom’s colors accented by X-clan’s blue and red.

 

Jaejoong soon entered and was teary eyed seeing his son as a groom. He then took a the crown from a chest Hyungwon was holding and placed it on Minhyuk. The crown was inlaid with Topaz and Peridot, the color of Ahgase Kingdom blending well with the sapphire and rubies from the X-clan.

 

“You look so beautiful!” Jaejoong axclaimed and Minhyuk was teary eyed seeing his father shed happy tears for him.

 

“You’ll gain another son today appa.” Minhyuk said, holding the tears.

 

“I will. Yes I will.” Jaejoong smiled and hugged his son before leading him out to meet his other father and his brother.

 

Yunho was beaming with pride as he watched his son walked towards him, his precious omega son now all dolled up to be presented to his mate. Mark was happy for Minhyuk, X-clan wasn’t so bad and Jooheon was nice and sweet.

 

“You look beautiful your majesty.” Jackson said with a smile, handing him a bouquet of sunflowers to hold.

 

Minhyuk thanked him and Jackson led them towards the foyer where they’ll be waiting. Jackson left them, knowing that he’ll be needed to walk down the aisle first as Jooheon’s best man. Minhyuk asked his brother for the emblem and the ring which Mark showed to him that made Minhyuk release a breath.

 

They heard the trumpets sound and Minhyuk felt a little nervous now that the time was approaching fast. Jackson worked first followed by the King and Queen then Jooheon. They settled on the left side as they waited for Minhyuk’s entourage to walk down the aisle. Mark walked first followed by King Yunho and Jaejoong. Then all stood as Minhyuk walked down the aisle with a bright smile but teary eyes. Jooheon felt tears falling down his cheeks as he watced Minhyuk walked towards him. Jackson smiled at his cousin and handed a handkerchief, Jooheon was truly in love with Minhyuk, what more can he ask but for them to be happy.

 

Yunho presented his son and the cardinals accepted the omega who then stood face to face with his alpha. They were both smiling wide as they held each other’s hand, the sunflowers laid on a pew in front of them. The ceremony was solemn and both were smiling wide throughout the ceremony that everyone was feeling the love that emitted from both mates.

 

“as a sign of submission, the omega’s kingdom’s emblem shall be presented to his alpha.” The cardinal announced and Mark handed the emblem to Minhyuk. The omega then knelt in front of his alpha and extended the emblem with both hands.

 

“To protect the omega and to prove his loyalty to both kingdoms, the alpha must surrender his weapon.” The cardinal announced and Jackson walked up to Jooheon and handed him the sword.

Jooheon took the sword and presented it with both hands, above Minhyuk’s head. The cardinals blessed the mates and Mark took the sword while Jackson took the emblem. They then took out the rings and handed it to Minhyuk and Joohoen before they went back to their seats. The Cardinals allowed them to exchange rings and with a final blessing, Jooheon was allowed to kiss Minhyuk’s lips.  Minhyuk then loosened his robe a little and revealed his pale neck and shoulder. Jooheon his lips before planting a kiss on Minhyuk’s shoulder. He then sank his teeth in Minhyuk’s shoulder and the omega hissed. Jooheon bit hard, drawing a painful bruise and some blood but the marking was needed as a final seal of their fate.

 

The crowd applauded and Minhyuk fixed his robes before turning to the crowd and bowing to everyone. Jooheon then led him towards Yunho and Jaejoong, the newly mated couple then bowed to show their respect before doing the same to Henry and Ryeowook. Jooheon held his mate’s hand tightly and they met the crowd of X-clan people waiting for them to wave. They were greeted with cheers as they raised their left hand and waved at them. The gold rings were inlaid with their respective countries jewels and it glimmered in the sun. Jooheon loved the softness of the Topaz and Peridot just as much as Minhyuk loved the strength of the Sapphire and Ruby.

 

Jackson was happy watching his cousin being mated off, but deep down he was jealous of his cousin’s status and mate. He would die to be in his cousin’s place, not that he loved Minhyuk, on the contrary, he just wanted to find his mate who will love him just as much at Jooheon and Minhyuk did for eac ther. Jackson felt the sting on his chest and he knew he should compose himself for his cousin and cousin-in-law; they deserve this more than anyone else.

 

Jackson greeted the guests since it was his job to do so as best man. He  smiled and talked to them happily despite the tightness in his chest. He fulfilled his duty at the best of his capability, but when he was face to face with Mark and the prince frowned at him, his resolve broke and he excused himself. He ran to his room, locked the doors and he allowed himself to spill the tears and the pain that was killing him. He knew how much Mark hated him, but he tried his best to be as civil as he could. He tried so hard that it was too painful to contain.

 

He cried silently, afraid to ruin the festive mood of the palace and he allowed his body to collapse, by the door where he fell into his knees after locking it.

 

“where’s Jackson?” Kihyun inquired Bambam, his mom instincts kicking in.

 

“I, I left him to get some food.” Bambam said as he searched for his charge.

 

“I am worried, can you find him?” Kihyun asked and Bambam left the ball room to search for Jackson. Bambam knocked on the door of Jackson’s room and when he tried to turn the knob, it was locked. Jackson never locked his door. Bambam felt something was wrong so he fetched Kihyun who took the master key. They opened the door, with Hyunwoo on alert and when they found Jackson’s body, Kihyun’s body went rigid. Bambam has to assist him to sit down and rest while hyunwoo transferred Jackson to his bed.

 

“He has a fever.” Hyunwoo informed them and Bambam immediately went to get the doctor to check up on him.

 

“Don’t inform them.” Jackson spoke as he regained consciousness for a while and both Kihyun and Hyunwoo understood.

 

“We won’t baby, just rest and be well.” Kihyun assured the prince as he ran his finger through the prince’s hair, something that calmed Jackson.  Hyunwoo moved to embrace his mate and planted a kiss on his nape as they watched over the tear stricken face of their precious prince.

 

“I wish we could do something for him.” Kihyun said and Hyunwoo nodded, wanting to take the pain away at any cost.

 

“I wish we could Kihyun, I really do.” Hyunwoo replied but could they do anything for Jackson?

 

 

---

a/n: am I hurting Jackson so badly? I want to hear your thoughts on how things are progressing!

It is a rather slow build but after this wedding, we will focus with Markson, I promise.

 

Btw, thank you so much for your interest on this fic, I am quite surprised with the response since the ships here are not much particularly famous~

 

Btw, the update is around 5.8k words and it took me some time. I hope you’ll allow me some time to write them because I really want to provide you with good updates, lengthy ones too.