Finding One's Mate

Being the perfect omega

 

“Henry.” Yunho greeted his old friend and the younger king shook his hand and introduced his entourage. The X-clan royal family was visiting the capital of the empire for the empress’ birthday party when an unexpected storm halted their way, making them seek refuge to their neighboring country.

 

“let’s get you settled then and we will all leave for the ball.” Yunho said and Henry was delighted to be received well.

 

“Thank you hyung.” Henry bowed but Yunho shook it off and led them to a guest wing.

 

The dinner that was served was grand as 2 royal families gathered to eat. Yunho introduced his sons proudly and the two bowed respectfully.  Likewise, Henry introduced his son and his nephew along with other members of his entourage including his consort mate.

 

“They are not yet mated?” Henry asked and Yunho nodded.

 

“Stubborn kids I have.” Yunho sighed.

 

“We don’t want to force them into a loveless marriage.” Jaejoong supplied.

 

“I whole heartedly agree.” Ryeowook added and turned to his son who was fidgeting on his seat. “Something the matter?” He asked his son who shook his head.

 

“Must be the weather, I just feel a little off.” Jooheon replied just as the first course was served.

 

“You are pretty cute.” The comment broke the silence at the dinner table and everyone looked at the person who spoke. Minhyuk was looking at Jooheon smiling like the bright sun.

 

“Excuse me?” Jooheon asked and Minhyuk smiled wider.

 

“I can’t help but notice how you’re not enamored by my beauty.” The omega remarked and it made Jooheon laugh.

 

“With all due respect, you are really pretty your highness, but I am not one for flirting.” Jooheon replied making Jackson choke.

 

“You sound pathetic.” Jackson remarked.

 

“I do know how to act like a prince.” Jooheon reminded his cousin.

 

“Touche.” Jackson replied.

 

“You are interesting Prince Jooheon.” Minhyuk said and returned to his food.

 

“Well are there any marriage proposals that you are considering?” Henry inquired making Yunho laugh.

 

“I am most certain that there is a long list of interested parties.” He winked and Henry laughed as well.

 

 

“You did not just flirt with an alpha.” Mark hissed-whispered to his brother who just grinned at him.

 

“What if I did just that?” Minhyuk asked and gave a subtle wink towards the other prince.

 

After dinner, the kings retreated to the study to discuss things but really it must probably be a marriage proposal. The princes found themselves in a training room, and watched two skilled soldiers fight almost at par with each other. The two noticed the presence of the royals and soon bowed at them but Minhyuk was already gawking at the X-clan soldier.

 

“With all due respect, I am already mated.” Hyunwoo, Jooheon’s guard, replied making the omega prince pout.

 

“Really?” Jaebum, Mark’s royal guard, asked and Hyunwoo nodded. “Congratulations is in order then.” Jaebum laughed and then gestured for another man to come to him. “This is Jinyoung, we are to mate next month.” Jaebum announced and Hyunwoo smiled and shook the omega’s hand.

 

“Pleasure to meet you. If my omega isn’t pregnant he would have joined me.” Hyunwoo said.

 

“Okay, you two looked a bit too friendly.” Minhyuk pointed out and the guards excused their behavior.

 

“Hyunwoo hyung, is Jaebum hyung good?” Jooheon asked and Hyunwoo nodded. “Can I duel with him?” Jooheon asked again and Hyunwoo looked at Jaebum who nodded.

 

“Why not duel with me?” Minhyuk asked and Jooheon looked at him with wide eyes (as wide as his tuny eyes could go). “I was trained equal to my brother you know.” Minhyuk huffed.

 

“Oh I’m sorry if my behavior insulted you.” Jooheon said. “I was trained to be an omega so really I guess this match up is fair eough.” Jooheon said with a grin and Hyunwoo handed him the sword.

 

“Well, I would say perfect match but we’ll see.” Minhyuk winked just as Jaebum handed him his sword.

 

Jackson walked towards Joohoen and fixed the princes clothes and grip on the sword before giving him a pep talk while Mark just gave Minhyuk a strategy in mind. The two princes then stepped aside, joined by their royal guards and Jinyoung and allowed the two princes to duel.

 

Jooheon was not bad but Minhyuk wasn’t either. They are actually skilled and could deliver lethal blows in a real life setting. Clashing swords and heavy breathing filled the room as the two dueled but finally it ended when Jooheon laughed loudly and turned to Minhyuk with a hand outstretched. Minhyuk was surprised but he took the offered hand to shake. Jooheon then maneuvered his hand so he could grip Minhyuk’s hand differently and allowed him to kiss the omega’s hand.

 

“You are actually beautiful when you fight seriously. I am impressed by both your skill and your seriousness.” Jooheon said making Minhyuk blush.

 

 

“It seems that you are not skin deep my prince.” Minhyuk replied.

 

“ I would have to inform you that I have a fair amount of proposals to consider as well but none had gotten my attention like you did. An omega unlike other,  I would love to pursue you your highness.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk gave him a bright and wide smile.

 

“Well, the honor is mine to be pursued by such prince.” Minhyuk replied.

 

Hyunwoo and Jaebum looked happy to see the development, even Jinyoung, who had been Minhyuk and Mark’s friend for so long, was happy to see Minhyuk meet an alpha who would treat him as an equal and not as an ornament or trophy. But Jackson and Mark wasn’t getting the vibe.

 

The morning that followed was a little serious as Henry officially handed their  marriage proposal, the sum of dowry and the clauses for the alliance. Yunho took it and handed it to his advisor to check but the smile on his face was saying something in the lines of finality.

 

“Well, I am currently your suiter then?” Jooheon asked Mihyuk who nodded. “If it is not much trouble, would you be my date to the ball?” Jooheon asked and Minhyuk tried not to scream loudly which is unbecoming for a prince.

 

 

“If you accept that offer then it would give a connotation that you are willing to be his mate.” Mark said coldly.

 

“I started flirting haven’t I? So yes.” Minhyuk beamed at Jooheon who laughed and took Minhyuk’s hand and led him out to the garden to spend some time together.

 

“Love sick.” Jackson muttered then went back to his room to prepare for their departure.

 

The ball was extravagant, Emperor Hangeng was all out for his Empress, omega consort Heechul, and the diva of the party was really enjoying it. Towards the end, the Emperor announced that their second born and alpha Junhui would be mated to an omega son of a scholar which surprised everyone, an emperor’s son should at least mate with a prince. But Heechul was not for the status when Wonwoo had captured his son’s heart unlike other, so be it, they can judge all they want. (apparently his older omega son Jeonghan was mated to the fleet general’s son who is in training to take his father’s position when the former retires).

 

After the ball and everyone has returned to their respective kingdoms, Yunho met with his sons and discussed the marriage proposals. Minhyuk was beaming with excitement and Yunho knew why, his son was smitten over Jooheon and he could understand him, and Jooheon’s background is excellent to boot. Minhyuk explained why Jooheon was perfect and Yunho clearly agreed, an alpha that would treat his son as an equal, even fighting him in a duel. Jooheon looked beyond Minhyuk’s superficial beauty and got to know him for who he is.

 

Mark wasn’t keen on sealing his fate yet so Yunho nodded and took that into account as he kept the proposals for Mark and focused on sending their official response to X-clan’s proposal and a news bulletin for the other suitors.

 

Minhyuk was beyond ecstatic to mate with Jooheon, the alpha was really cute and has a big heart. Jooheon was like a giant teddy bear that Minhyuk would love to cuddle with for the end of time.

 

When Henry called his son to the office and handed him the official letter from the kingdom of Ahgase, Jooheon was all smiles, his dimples showing and his eyes a thin line, much like his father was. They were really happy about the news, Minhyuk is a good catch plus the alliance between the kingdoms will be fortified. Jooheon immediately ran to his cousin who was in his omega skills training, the senior omega was not happy with the intrusion but seeing that the prince had good news to tell, he allowed the prince to be excited and reveal the impending mating.

 

Jackson was happy for his cousin, because really, Minhyuk was a good soul. He had a chance to talk to him and was really surprised how much they were alike personality wise, and having such figure inspire and make Jooheon happy is all Jackson could wish for his cousin.

 

“You are okay with it right?” Jooheon asked with concern and Jackson sighed.

 

“Minhyuk-ssi is a good person, his brother just intimidates me, and he is a little snob.” Jackson pointed out and Jooheon nodded.

 

“Oh, Songseang-nim.” Jooheon turned to the senior omega. “When I met Minhyuk-ssi, I was, I felt a little bothered.” He said and the omega raised a brow.

 

“Please elaborate.” The omega said and Jooheon nodded.

 

“There was a storm so the atmosphere was cold, but I felt like I’m having a fever.” Jooheon retold and the omega smiled at him.

 

“It is normal your highness, you just felt the first signs of your rut. The omega you met is most definitely your mate, emotionally especially.” The omega answered and Jooheon smiled wide at that.

 

Ahgase Kingdom was preparing to receive their guests at the castle and Mark was extremely stressed about it. Aside from having his twin brother mated off, the council has been eager for him to mate as well due to the impending crowning he has to attend to in a few months.

 

Minhyuk was buzzing that his attendant and best friend Hyungwon was having a hard time grooming his charge. He sighed as he brushed the prince’s hair. “Are you that excited?” Hyungwon asked and Minhyuk grinned at him.

 

“Hyungwonnie, you won’t leave me right?” Minhyuk asked and Hyungwon laughed.

 

“Like I have a choice.” Hyungwon replied and Minhyuk hugged his friend.

 

Henry and his family arrived to formally seek the hand in marriage. Jooheon was nervous but when Minhyuk smiled at him and his heart bloomed, he knew that this was the right thing to do. X-clan presented their dowry, a chest full of jewels and gold and some produce from their country. Henry explained his love for laver and Ryeowook’s penchant for cooking the best seaweed soup. Yunho laughed at that and took a piece to taste, marveling at how delicious it was. He encouraged his sons to taste them as well and both enjoyed the laver, Mark more so than his brother.

 

“We don’t always eat it, but there’s a pantry full of it for my father.” Jooheon explained to Minhyuk.

 

‘Oh, well I guess I need to learn how to cook with it to impress his majesty.” Minhyuk replied.

 

“Wook Appa would probably love to teach you.” Jooheon remarked.

 

“oh,, can I bring my attendant with me?” Minhyuk asked, remembering his friend and Jooheon looked at the tall boy behind the prince and nodded.

 

“Actually, I brought Hoseok hyung today, he’ll be assigned as your royal guard. I hope he’ll get along well with your friend. I requested Hyunwoo hyung to be with his mate, Kihyun hyung’s pregnancy is a little difficult.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk nodded.

 

“Hyungwonnie, come meet hoseok-ssi.” Minhyuk gestured for his friend to come and the boy did as he was told. He smiled as he bowed at Hoseok and the guard did the same.

 

“I think they’ll do fine.” Jooheon winked at Minhyuk who then looked at the pair, Hoseok was grinning while Hyungwon was trying to hide his blushing face.

 

“oh wow.” Minhyuk laughed. “Oh Jackson!” Minhyuk addressed the omega that was standing just behind Jooheon and the omega beamed him a smile.

 

“Hello your highness.” Jackson replied.

 

“Are we back to this?” Minhyuk pouted and it made Jackson laugh.

 

“Sorry.” Jackson replied.

 

“How about a one on one then?” Minhyuk suggested but Jackson shook his head.

 

“I can’t today.” Jackson frowned and then leaned to Minhyuk to whisper. “We have our head council over and he’s adamant that I act as fitting omega.” Jackson whispered and it made Minhyuk frown.

 

“Damn old men.” Minhyuk cursed lightly but it went unheard by his mate.

 

“I know right.” Jooheon chuckled to make it less awkward. “Hey, Jaebum-hyung?” Jooheon waved the royal guard who bowed at them. “How was your mating?” Joohoen inquired and Jaebum flushed slightly.

 

“Give him a break; he’s well into his honeymoon.” Minhyuk smacked Jooheon’s arm.

 

“Oh, sorry, how insensitive of me.” Jooheon chuckled and they left the office to allow the old men handle all the legal matters.

 

Mark went to his room after bidding his goodbye, Jaebum followed the prince as it’s his official duty while another tall guard followed Minhyuk.

 

“Your guard?” Jooheon asked and Minhyuk laughed.

 

‘No, he’s an apprentice of Jaebum.” Minhyuk informed him. “Yugyeom, say hello to my fiancé.” Minhyuk said and the guard bowed his greeting. “He’s training to be a royal guard for whoever Mark chooses to be his mate.” Minhyuk explained.

 

‘I see. I’m sure Hoseok hyung is capable enough.” Joooheon said and Minhyuk nodded, agreeing to it just because his best friend is being all talkative and sweet to the guard already.

 

The mating ceremony was to occur in three months, at the X-clan cathedral and Jackson was slated to be the best man. Such titles included being the one in charge of helping Minhyuk transition to the rules of X-clan.  He was to stay with Minhyuk for the whole duration of the preparation with Hoseok to be the prince’s guard, because Jackson is still a precious omega prince of X-clan.

 

Jooheon bid his goodbye to his fiancé and to his cousin a few days later and Jackson sighed at how his seemingly important task, it would be a little taxing for him to deal with the other prince but what can he do right now?

 

Minhyuk and Jackson took in lessons and reviewed old scripts together, while Hoseok and sometimes Yugyeom watched over them. Hyungwon would be there to attend to them but Minhyuk allowed him to talk to Hoseok anytime he was not needed.

 

Jackson raised an eyebrow at Minhyuk but the grin on the Ahgasean Prince revealed all intentions that he had. “Matchmaker!” Jackson whispered and Minhyuk just smiled wider to that.

 

Two weeks later, Bambam arrived at the kingdom with more materials to review and to attend to the  X-clan Prince, as Jackson was his charge. Hyungwon welcomed him inside the servants’ entrance and led him to Jackson who was reviewing the documents they had to go over today. When Bambam entered the room, Jackson smiled wide and hugged his retainer, he missed him that badly. Bambam returned the gesture and bowed at Hoseok who received him with a hug as well.

 

“King Henry sent in these wedding plans for you to discuss with the prince and his family. It is rather important that you settle it within the week as preparations will be on hold without it. We need to make sure that Ahgasean traditions are respected and honored on the mating ceremony as well.” Bambam explained and Jackon nodded.

 

 

“I see, let us meet the prince then.” Jackson smiled and led them to the prince’s study.

 

Minhyuk was seriously reviewing the traditions of X-clan, he did not want to embarrass his future husband with his mistakes. When the door opened and Jackson entered, he smiled at them and gestured for them to enter. He noticed the new face and Jackson introduced his retainer, Bambam bowed in respect.

 

“We bear wedding plans, shall we discuss this with your family? We need both X-clan and Ahgasean customs and traditions respected during the mating ceremony.” Jackson said and Minhyuk’s eyes sparkled at the mention of wedding plans.

 

“Of course, Hyungwon, set up a meeting with my fathers.” Minhyuk instructed his retainer and the said person hurriedly went his way. “I am so excited.” Minhyuk looked liked an excited puppy and that made him adorable, Jackson knew that Minhyuk was perfect for his cousin, and he was happy to be the one helping Minhyuk be a fitting omega for his cousin.

 

 

The meeting took place at the royal office, the plans laid out for everyone to check out and discuss. Yunho poured over the details, and he was already giving his ideas that Jackson was taking note off.

 

“Wouldn’t the colors clash?” Mark asked but Jackson shook his head.

 

“X-clan’s royal colors are red and blue while Ahgase’s colors are green and yellow, they are complimentary at least. The dominant colors can be Blue and Green, and accents of yellow and red will not make it clash.”  Jackson explained.

 

“I will be wearing a white robe right?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson nodded. You can add your kingdom’s color in a form of sash, ts or accessories, unless you have customary clothes to wear that we must know.” Jackson replied.

 

“We will be doing the design of the robe, I’ll make sure that my son is most fitting and beautiful for his mate.” Jaejoong reassured his son.

 

“We are most honored by it.” Jackson replied. “is there any customs that we need to include, a priest from your kingdom, documents or some sort of pre-requisite?” Jackson asked and Yunho nodded.

 

“We may need to include an officiator from our kingdom, our Cardinal should bless the couple as well.” Yunho replied.

 

“Co-celebrant will be honored.” Jackson noted.

 

“We will be presenting Jooheon with our emblem, as a sign of our omega in submission to yours, in return we must receive a sword with the kingdom’s jewel embedded n the hilt as a sign of your kingdom’s protection for our kingdom.” Yunho added.

 

“Well noted your majesty.” Jackson replied.

 

“As the crowned prince, Mark will be handing the ring for Minhyuk.” Jaejoong added and Jackson noted.

 

“If this is all, we could start for the preparations of  the wedding. Your accommodations will be settled and the time you are to travel to the X-clan. The wedding should be scheduled 2 weeks after the crowned prince’s birthday.” Jackson informed them.

 

“They are going to be attending our birthday right?” Minhyuk asked and Jackson smiled at him.

 

“Of course your majesty, they will attend your birthday next month.” Jackson smiled and then excused himself to send the  plans back to the X-clan.

 

Jackson asked for a messenger and the plans with his notes were handed in confidentiality. The messenger understood the importance of the document and hurriedly delivered it to the X-clan Kingdom.

 

 

Mark left the room slightly irritated, he felt like being looked down upon since the X-clan allowed a mere omega handle such important matter.  He entered his room and quickly took his weapon, a bow and arrow that had been built and strung for him by the greatest wielder of the Kingdom. He walked out to the courtyard and Jaebum, sensing his charge’s frustration, had already  prepared spare arrows and his targets.

 

Mark held the bow with ease and with focused determination, he let the arrow fly and hit the target right at the middle. Mark then raised another arrow and let it go, did it in three successions all in accuracy. Mark took a breath then turned to his guard who just smiled at him and nodded, he would allow Mark to release his anger on target practice rather than actual living creatures. Mark raised his bow a couple more times and released his anger along with the arrows. When Mark deemed that he was feeling okay, he handed the bow to Jaebum and returned to his room to take a shower.

 

Jackson’s room was overlooking the courtyard and when he noticed that someone was doing target practice. He moved closer to the balcony and watched how the person just shot three arrows straight into the bull’s eye with no difficulty. Jackson smiled realizing that it was the prince himself who was doing the shots and it amazed him how skilled the prince was with his bow and arrow, if only his personality was a little welcoming.

 

“I don’t get why he is allowed to do such important tasks when he is just an omega. Shouldn’t they need to send an alpha at the very least?” Mark’s voice was dripping with anger. Jaebum sighed and rubbed his temples, was it the 5th rant already?

 

“Jackson is clearly capable to handle such administrative stuff based from his training as a future king. He is the most trusted person by the king and queen  to habdle their son’s wedding and can understand Prince Minhyuk’s position as an omega as well.” Jaebum replied, knowing fully that no matter how hard he tried to defend Jackson, Mark will stubbornly ignore him.

 

“He is an omega! He should know his place! Omegas submit to alphas and that’s his fate! No wonder no one had ever tried to court him, he is stubborn and egoistic despite his status. He thinks highly of himself like he is an alpha when he is not. He would never find a mate! And hell I would alow my prents to submit one in my behalf, I don’t care if he had charmed them but he can’t fool me.” Mark screamed at his guard and stormed out of the room followed by Jaebum to keep an eye on the prince.

 

Unknowing to both off them Jackson was passing by when he heard the exchange. He felt his heart was being squeezed hard as Mark lashed out insults about him. He gasped for air as the pain coursed through his body. He started to run when he heard the footsteps coming out of the room and he hid inside an empty room that was nearby. He clenched his chest, it was throbbing in pain and his eyes shed tears, he wasn’t this emotional before but the words laced with venom were far too much to handle. Mark may be an alpha and a prince but he has no right to say those things about him, would he know the pain it causes?

 

 

Jackson did not attend dinner that night, claiming a sudden headache. Bambam brought him food and water, Jackson was grateful for his retainer. Hoseok also visited him and asked if he was feeling better, to which Jackson nodded and ate his dinner solemnly. Jackson looked at his guard and his retainer, they are his family away from home and he felt safe with them. He smiled knowing that these people understand him, they did not bother asking him what was wrong but just supported him to get better.

 

“Hoseok-hyung, what is the perfect omega for you?” Jackson suddenly asked and Hoseok smiled at his prince.

 

“There is no such thing as a perfect omega, my prince. You can’t force someone into your own will; if you find your mate, then both of you will sacrifice some things to meet in the middle.” Hoseok replied and Jackson smiled and nodded.

 

“Don’t be insecure my prince, your mate will accept you for who you are. If not then he is not your mate.” Hoseok reassured him and Jackson thanked him whole heartedly.

 

 

Minhyuk noticed the change in Jackson, he felt like Jackson was holding off or something but he did not question the attitude change as they worked on the incoming wedding, that is more important. September rolled in and the palace was busy with preparations for the twin princes’ birthday ball. Unlike other years, this year was the grandest for the King and Queen will officially introduce their son Minhyuk as Jooheon’s fiancé and they will formally  entertain proposals for their son Mark.

 

Jackson was caught in between so he had arranged schedules with Minhyuk as best as he could. He would often ran around the palace to help out but every time, he tried to avoid crossing paths with the alpha prince. Most often he was successful but there were times that they would cross paths in the hallway and he would stop and bow at the prince and his guard before continuing his way. Jaebum felt a little taken a back with the attitude; this was not the prince’s attitude that he remembered.

 

Jaebum wanted to talk to Jackson about this but never got the chance as Mark was becoming busy with commitments so he put that on hold until he saw Jackson walking by the garden with Jinyoung. Jaebum smiled seeing his mate happily chatting with a fellow omega and sharing stories about their planned pregnancy; seeing Jinyoung smile while with Jackson made Jaebum relieved that his mate was in good hands.

 

 

“I bet Kihyun hyung is so big already.” Jackson told the omega and Jinyoung was excited to meet the infamous Kihyun.

 

“Really?” Jonyoung was gushing with excitement, he wanted to meet a pregnant omega so he could ask tips for when he carries his own. “Is he doing well?” Jinyoung inquired.

 

“He was put on bed rest for his first and half of his second trimester but he’s a stubborn omega and he fights back. He’s all ell and the baby is really good as per doctors.” Jackson said.

 

“I really want to meet him.” Jinyoung pouted making Jackson laugh loudly.

 

“I’m sure he’ll be delighted to meet you, Hyunwoo hyung probably mentioned you and Jaebum hyung to him.” Jackson said with a smile.

 

 

But the smile fell into a thin line when they met Jaebum and Mark, both omegas bowing to acknowledge the prince. Mark just nodded and went his way but Jaebum pecked Jinyoung’ lips and saluted at Jackson before following the prince.

 

“Mark-hyung wasn’t that cold hearted before.” Jinyoung said making Jackson curious. “He had an adventurous heart and would go out into the fields and forest to search for adventure.” Jinyoung told Jackson.

 

“What changed?” Jackson dared to ask.

 

“It was a rainy night and we all went out to explore. We weren’t careful enough so Mark-hyung slipped off the cliff.Jaebum grbbed him on time but he lost his balance and he fell off, none of us was able to catch him. It was a bad memory, Jaebum almost didn’t make it and the council was furious. Mark-hyung was then forced to be a perfect omega, and just distanced himself from everyone; he rarely talked and developed an intimidating aura.” Jinyoung sadly ended his story.

 

“Ah, e must be bearing the guilt.” Jackson was sympathetic.

 

 “Well how about you, are you going to mate with someone soon?” Jinyoung asked and Jackson sighed.

 

“Not so many would like a strong headed omega like me.” Jackson confessed and Jinyoung frowned at that.

 

“Of course your true mate would love you.” Jinyoung responded, giving Jackson a warm hug.

 

 

---

 

Jackson was happy to greet his parents as they arrived for the ball. Both jinki and Jonghyun enveloped their son in the tightest hug. Yunho and Jaejoong greeted them and allowed Bambam to lead them to the guest wing where they will reside for a while.

 

The birthday ball was full of splendor, with hopeful ladies and male omegas vying to be Mark’s mate. Mark was not the slightest happy with every potential partner presented to him, he saw fakeness in their eyes and greed on their painted lips. Mark wanted to get some fresh air, not really wanting to meet more fake people who want to get into his pants, so he stepped out into the garden to take a short stroll.

 

“Are you sure Jackson?” Jonghyun asked his son who nodded.

 

“Yes appa, I do not intend to submit my intention to marry the prince.” Jackson replied.

 

“You know that this could do good for our kingdom.” Jinki asked with concern.

 

“I understand father, but I want to be with my true mate, just like Jooheon and Minhyuk are.” Jackson replied and his parents nodded.

 

“Then we will inform Henry.” Jinki said and led both his husband and son back inside the palace.

 

Mark gritted his teeth, who was this omega to reject him? And besides, he was not even considering mating with such low class omega. Mark was seething with anger so he went to the court yard and grabbed the nearest bow. He then launched arrows in lighting speed and finally his anger has settled down, his head cool enough and a practiced smile graced his lips.

 

He returned to the party just as Jinyoung was looking for him, the King would be announcing his brother’s engagement at the toast. Mark schooled his expression and allowed Jinyoung to fix his clothes before he joined his twin brother on the platform where both their parents were handed a champagne glass.

 

“It is truly an honor to have all of you present here; my sons have just turned 21 and are at the prime of their age.” Yunho started. “And I am honored to present my son, Minhyuk as the fiancé of X-clan’s crowned prince, Prince Jooheon.” Yunho announced and everyone applauded as Minhyuk went up to his father while Jooheon walked towards the platform as well. “This may look like a political marriage, but Minhyuk had personally chosen his alpha mate.” Yunho looked at his son with pride as Jooheon took Minhyuk’s hand and kissed it. “And such  will be the case for our soon to be crowned prince, Mark will be selecting his mate soon. So to all available and interested parties, it is my son you need to impress.” Yunho said earning a round of laughter. “To our princes, Mark and Minhyuk.” Yunho then raised his glass and everyone copied him.

 

 

Mark found it irritating how so many wanted to get his attention, can’t they get the memo? Mark knew that they were all hopeful that they can bring down their walls but none was genuine enough for him, they were not good enough to be his mate. He was angry at his father, the announcement only heightened the hype around him and it was not on his favour. He wanted to talk to his father but Yunho was busy talking to Henry and Jinki of X-clan.

 

“Are you sure Jinki?” Yunho asked.

 

“Like you, I value my son’s opinion in mating. He had professed how he wanted to mate for love. I will honor that.” Jinki said and Henry supported his brother.

 

“Jackson is a nice kid and a fitting omega for Mark.” Jaejoong said with a hopeful tone.

 

“I think so too, but Jackson felt that he is lacking for your prince’s mate’s qualification, he is raised as an alpha and may clash with your son.” Henry pointed out.

 

“It can work out, we’ll never know.” Yunho tried to persuade the twins.

 

“I tried, believe me I tried, but Jackson’s interest does not lie here, and I would want my son to be happy at the least. He had blamed himself too much as a disappointment to our family.” Jinki said.

 

“He is definitely not.” Henry countered his brother but shared the sentiment. “So we do apologize that we can’t offer any proposals to you.” Henry bowed and Yunho shook his head.

 

“It is okay, we would want Jackson to be happy as well.” Yunho said back.

 

Mark couldn’t believe his ears, the nerve of the omega to reject him, even disrespecting the King.  Mark would settle it with Jackson whether he likes it or not. So he went to search for the omega to settle the score but wasn’t prepared to witness such turn of events.

 

Minhyuk knew something was wrong when Jackson walked out abruptly and Ilhoon, an alpha from the Melody Kingdom followed him. Jooheon looked at his fiancé and they followed Jackson. Minhyuk wanted to go nearer but Jooheon stopped him, knowing that Jackson can protect himself, he was trained as an alpha no less.

 

“You sure have the guts to refuse me, unmated omega.” Ilhoon walked closer to Jackson. “But you will submit yourself to me in no time.” Ilhoon smirked as he leaned in. But he did not expect Jackson to draw the sword from his side, turn and rest the blade on his neck.

 

Jackson huffed. “You dare insult me just because of my status but let me remind you, I am not your ordinary omega that will submit myself just because an alpha ordered. I am an omega, yes, but who I want to mate with is up to me. And You? Are not even an option.” Jackson let the sword fall on the floo with a clunk and Ilhoon smirked even more.

 

“Feisty little one.” Ilhoon rubbed his neck. “Expect my proposal when you return to your kingdom.” Ilhoon said.

 

“Expect it rejected the next day.” Jackson said and walked out with head held high.

 

“I like a challenge.” Ilhoon said and as he turned, he was face to face with Jooheon who was grinning at him.

 

“Well?” Jooheon asked and Ilhoon laughed.

 

“Your cousin is such a tease, it makes me want him.” Ilhoon responded.

 

“He will not yield to just anybody.” Jooheon replied.

 

“I know, and I love that. He’s not submissive, a good partner in the long run.” Ilhoon explained.

 

“I know what you mean.” Jooheon smiled and looked at Minhyuk with fondness.

 

“Ah, Minhyuk-ssi was trained like an alpha as well right?” Ilhoon asked and Minhyuk nodded. “An asset more than a liability” Ilhoon said and Jooheon nodded. “I guess I’ll see you sooner or later.” Ilhoon bid his goodbye and left to meet with his parents probably.

 

“If only Mark can see what’s Jackson’s worth is.” Minhyuk sighed and rested his head on   Jooheon’s shoulder while the alpha wrapped his arm around the omega’s waist and kissed his head.