Chapter 1

Evil Prince

Flowers are blooming into extent and the sun was shining brightly outside the woods. It was a bright day, indeed. Despite the people’s protests of hunger and hard life, smile painted in their faces still haven’t worn out. However, there’s a certain person whose frown was visible in his handsome face.

“It’s spring again…” A male with a long black hair tied at the top of his head spoke to himself with a heavy breath. He has plain silk long black robes that almost reached his ankles and a white collar complementing his overly black outfit. The boy had been prohibited to go out of the forest by his mother whom he non-hesitantly obeyed. His whole nineteen years of life was dedicated only inside their small house and animals surrounding the forest.

He’s curious—of course, who won’t be curious? His mother had said to him that it was because of the royal family and nobles that they’re living lowly and differently. He was made to hate the nobles especially the king for they can’t live normally as they wanted to. Why? He doesn’t know nor did he want to know. Just his mother’s words were enough for him to believe.

But it doesn’t mean that he hasn’t dreamt to explore outside even just for once. He’s a human after all—a mysterious one.

“Jungkook-ah! Come here, I prepared breakfast.” Jungkook got snapped out of his deep thought by his mother’s voice. The boy immediately shook his thoughts off and headed outside their hut. He saw his mother filling up a wooden bowl with rice and placing it in a small-limbed brownish table located in front of their small cabin where the sun shone brightly the most. There was a two pieces of square-shaped cotton for them to sit and finally when Jungkook’s mother finished preparing; Jungkook sat in front of the woman.

The woman wore a dull-colored gray upper sleeves and his long skirt that reached the ground was made of a cheap and earthly-colored fabric. She has a long, marble, lime green pin to fasten her neatly looking bun at the back of his head. Her slippers made of pine fibers already wore off due to almost ten years of usage. Her clothing just indicates her status; a lower class or what the greedy nobles called a mere peasant.

But she thought it should be different with Jungkook—the boy should be able to wear a silk robe that would blind people’s eyes. Unlike her that barely took care of herself, Jungkook should be different. She still have her hopes up that his own son could change the Joseon’s system or noble-slave system that only the rich and the powerful has control on.

Jungkook isn’t her son and only she knows it. She was a servant in the house of Kim’s before she was kicked out because of the false rumors that she was trying to seduce the oldest son of Kim’s. They threw her out in the midst of nowhere to rot and to repent her what they called sins and there she accidentally witnessed something she shouldn’t have; the king with the other royal guards.

The king was in his crimson red robes with gold carvings of a dragon in front and the back of the expensive clothing. The several royal guards was holding up torches of fire, illuminating the whole place with orange-colored light. Just one mistake and she can have her head chopped off in an instant. But what startled her is the crying sound of a child coming from the king. She hid behind a tall tree that she can see what was happening.

She heard them talking about the child which she recognized as the prince. It leaves her with swirling thoughts, why would the king bring the prince in a dark and dangerous place? She listened again carefully and she was sure that her ears and eyes wasn’t deceiving her that moment when the old king dropped the crying baby wrapped in a royal blue garment and said, “It was for the country’s safety.”

That was when she thought, I am not the only one abandoned. She kept the crying baby in her arms when the burning torches were nowhere to be seen. The moment her rough fingertips touched the prince’s soft cheeks, the baby stopped crying and instead he closed his small eyes and lulled to sleep. Life was so unfair, for her and for the poor baby. Since that moment on she decided to keep the child in the name of Jungkook and raise him with a sharp insight opposite from the ill-mannered and power-hungry people that she hates the most and when the right time comes, she will bring him back to the palace.

Jungkook dug on his rice as soon as he has his spoon in his hands. If he wishes so, they could eat a better food. He could kill animals, even beasts if he wishes so but his mother would be furious. The two ate in silence until Jungkook’s mother broke the silence,

“Jungkook-ah,” The woman started off as she chews on her food. “I will go to the capital later to buy some threads and fabrics. Do you want me to buy anything?”

Jungkook’s mother is a tailor. Being a tailor wasn’t that bad because it was enough to support their needs and she was a talented tailor so she can even sew her own son’s clothes for him.

“There is nothing I would like to buy, eomeoni. Just have a safe trip and be careful when returning late at night. It’s dangerous.” Jungkook said and continue eating.

“Fine, you sweet boy. You too, don’t go far from our house and don’t even think of going outside the forest.” Jungkook held the urge to frown and remained calm. But who was to fool? His mother has his reasons and he understands it. The old woman sensed the stillness of the young man’s expression. She knew that Jungkook also possessed desires like other human’s have and she felt sorry... If it wasn’t just for Jungkook’s safety.

“Don’t worry son, I’m sorry if you feels like I am suffocating you but trust me with this one. I promise you that one day, you will live a better life. Just wait a little bit more.”

“Aye… Eomeoni, it’s fine. We survived just fine for the past few years. We can just continue living like this in the future. As long as I am with you, eomeoni, I am happy the way it is now.” Jungkook smiled. But it would’ve been better if I can live the way I want.

 

 

 

“You’re highness! Please show yourself up already. I will be killed by his majesty if he found out what you are doing.” The unnerved servant shouted anxiously. He had been searching for the prince in every corner of the prince’s quarters but no luck, not even the prince’s shadow was seen. He knew it would be like this when his highness showed up to him with a wide grin insisting to play hide and seek in a broad daylight. Who was he to refuse?

The servant’s name is none other than Park Jimin, a royal guard. He was assigned to the prince’s quarters for thinking that this ruthless warrior could handle the childish, playful, and very mischievous young boy. But just how wrong were they? In the very first day of the living legend Park Jimin who killed thousands and thousands of enemies, who was known as merciless killing sword stepped inside the prince’s quarters, the beautiful prince already has him in his palm. What a shame.

Now he had to deal with the ‘missing’ prince or else he won’t be able to keep his head attached with his body for a longer time.

Jimin searched a bit more until the young guard decided to ask the other servants inside the quarters. Most of them said they thought that he was staying in his room but he knew better than that. Jimin continued asking, his legs already wearing off in running. He was becoming desperate for he already searched the whole place. That was until one of the servants assigned in cleaning said that she saw the prince heading towards the east gate. Jimin’s eyes widened.

“But no one was assigned in guarding the east gate…” Jimin expected this. He really expected this! He sprinted faster than he ever did in his life as soon as his mind registered everything. He knew the prince wanted to go out of the palace but he wasn’t allowed to. The king said himself that Seokjin was fragile. He is innocent about the world and he won’t know how scary the world is and he won’t survive anything outside without anyone by his side.

Beads of sweat trickled down his temples and he was in the verge of passing out but when the young man arrived. Tons of bricks fell on his face. The prince was gone.

 

-To be continued-

 

 

 

a/n : This chapter had been sitting at my laptop for who knows how long. I just want to say to you all that I didn’t abandon this story. By the way if you’re confused, the evil prince I’m talking about is not Seokjin. It’s Jungkook and Seokjin is a delicate sweetheart here XD.

P/s: I’m so sorry, lovelies. Take care <3