Sweets

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 | Sweets

 

***

 

"Sh*t." A curse can be heard from Jessica, the moment she clicked on the link of what her 'investigator friend' have shared, just to see nothing but a sign that tells her she wasn't connected to the internet. Thus, she finds out her monthly internet data have expired. Not in her own home, she couldn't connect back online. "Oh." Lucky for her, The Kwon has their internet wifi at home.

 

She hurriedly left the room and went to search the tan girl, and find her only on the living room, dozing off with huggie on her lap.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri!"

 

Yuri almost immediately pulled herself up, looking around frantically, looking for that source of the voice. But only then to regret upon finding the blonde girl standing nearby with a blank expression towards her. "Wha-what?"

 

"What's the password?" Jessica didn't think twice and ask for it.

 

"Password? For what?" Yuri is confused.

 

"Your internet wifi! I need to access it. What's the password?" Jessica blushed upon realizing its awkward to ask it.

 

"What the. I thought it's something else." Chuckled Yuri, didn't expect it. "Why do you need to access our wifi?" But it got her curiosity. She took her seat back and took huggie back to her lap.

 

"I just need it. I don't need to explain! Come on, give me the password!"

 

"You don't get something that easily, Jessica Jung." Yuri smirks. She realize it's a time to play again. "You have do something first if you want to access our internet."

 

"Are you so serious?"

 

"Do I look kidding to you?!"

 

"JUST FREAKING GIVE ME THE PASSWORD!" Jessica frustratingly shouted, taken Yuri aback.

 

"No freaking way!" But Yuri can't back down. "This is my place so I have the right to do this!" She firmly reminded the blonde.

 

The blonde girl stomps her feet and turns around, leaving the tan girl alone and dumbfounded. She sat back at the edge of the bed and frustratingly punches the mattress. "She's really stupid! I hate her!" Falling her back to the bed, she wiggles her body, hoping it will release her stress. Then she took her phone and has something on mind. She texted her friend and told him to just send her the pictures of screenshot of the link he shared. Unfortunately, her friend wasn't seemed holding his phone and is not replying. "Aish! This isn't helping." She get up, took her purse and was about to leave the room when she heard noises outside. It doesn't came from the living room, and sounds like from somewhere outside the house? "What is going on?" She went to the balcony and finds Yuri is laughing and squealing because of Huggie? Or was it because of something on her phone, because she's holding her phone in front of the pup. "What the, I thought huggie is not okay yet? What is she doing to the poor puppy? Weirdo." She shrugs her shoulders and resumes leaving the room. "Wait, I don't need to go out. I just have to ask my assistant." But before she can completely leave the house, she thought it's better to call her secretary and call her network provider about her expired data connection.

 

After making a call, she decided to see the tan girl from the garden and immediately found her still laughing like a fool in front of huggie. "What the heck are you doing with huggie?" she asks so loud.

 

"Oh, Jessica Jung. What are you doing here?"

 

"Don't I have the right to come here?" Jessica asks back, crossing her arms in front of the Yuri with rising eyebrows. "Now tell me why aren't you taking care of huggie?"

 

"Ha!" Yuri scoffs. "What do you think am I doing? Eh?"

 

"You are putting your phone in front of her, what kind of taking care of a pup is that?"

 

"I'm taking her a picture. It's not like I am not taking care of her! Wait, aren't you hunting for a wifi? What happened?" Yuri grinned, teasing the blonde girl playfully.

 

"I'm here because I don't need it anymore." Jessica took her seat next to the tan girl. "I just called my secretary... and she's calling my network provider. So thank you for your offer, Kwon Yuri."

 

"Did I even offered our wifi?" Yuri giggles, finds it funny.

 

"Well, you sounded like you are earlier."

 

"I wasn't."

 

"Yah!" Jessica literally hits Yuri's arm so hard. "When will you stop it?!"

 

"Stop what?" Chuckled Yuri, totally enjoying the blonde's reaction.

 

"Ugh, I can't really talk to you seriously."

 

"Of course you can. It's just that, I am the mood for some fun with you." Said Yuri, winking and smiling charmingly to her former boss that turns 'friends with benefits'.

 

The wink and the smile cause Jessica to looked away as she blushed instantly. 'Aish, I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.' She keeps on telling herself at the back of her head while knocking her head a few times.

 

"By the way, I already called that dressmaker I was talking about. She will be here later to see the design." Yuri informed casually, as she turns her attention to huggie, that's lying on her bed basket.

 

Jessica literally stopped hitting herself as she turned that instant to the tan girl. "You just... what?"

 

"I called a dressmaker for your problem. She will be copying the dress you borrowed from your best friend, so she won't be seeing the change of it's color. Tsk,tsk, I can't believe how careless are you to put it with the other colored shirts."

 

Jessica blinks and blinks until it hits her. "You just helped me? I thought you don't want to help me anymore?" As it comes to her mind that Yuri refused to help her with her problem, because of her own problem as well. Or did she heard it wrong? "No." But she felt like it's another 'prank'. "Don't help me." and she finds herself declining it.

 

"What?! You just even went here to ask for my help? And you are declining?"

 

"This is another prank of yours. I don't-"

 

"You know I'm not doing that always. And you know if I see someone needing my help, I always see to it to help her. Look, Huggie. If I'm a bad person, why am I taking care of her?" Yuri said as a matter of fact. "Come on, you can't decline it anymore. She's coming anyway."

 

Jessica sighs in defeat. "Seriously stupid." But mumbles under her breath.

 

"Hey, it's part of the 'friends with benefits', so you should be thankful." Yuri smiled, sincerely. She once again returned to huggie when the blonde girl is slowly smiling at her back.

 

"Fine. I'll take it." Jessica can feel her heart fluttering. "But I should-"

 

"Don't bother to pay me. It's my treat, okay?"

 

"Whatever. I just hope you won't charge me in the near future."

 

"I'm not that kind of a person, Jessica Jung."

 

"Ugh, whatever." Getting up from her seat, Jessica only took five steps away from her seat when the tan girl said something that causes her to stop.

 

"Just one favor, let's play hide and seek later."

 

Turning on her body around, "What are you, a four year old kid?" She questioned the girl's age.

 

"It's boring while waiting for my parents for dinner, I want to play." Yuri smiled mischievously.

 

Jessica turns her body around again. "Remind me later. I have to shower first." She told her while biting her lip due to giddiness inside. It's weird but she suddenly likes playing too. But just before she can enter the room, she heard her phone ringing and almost loses her balance when she reads her best friend's caller ID. "What.. why... what... why is she calling? Sh*t." But she couldn't answer it and decline the call. "I can't, I'm sorry, Seobaby." she hastily hurried inside the Kwon's home and runs all the way to Yuri's room, as if Seohyun is just outside and will chase her down.

 

A huge sigh of relief escaps her lips as she sat back to the edge of the bed and finally noticed the shirt and short pants next to her. "Kwon Yuri." Knowing the latter prepared it for her.

 

 

***

 

 

"Aish! Why isn't she answering?" Seohyun is frustrated and disappointed at the same time that her best friend isn't answering her calls. She had been trying to contact her for the past three hours since she left Yoona after the 'kiss'. She wanted to tell her how much she hates the girl for doing it and all, but it seems she can't do it at the moment. She got nothing to do but to kick the sand and sat down, tossing her phone somewhere and stared at the ocean while her brows are reaching each other as she put her arm on her knees. She's still so mad and couldn't forgive what Yoona did to her. Her heart is heavy and unknowingly aching. Maybe because it hits her pride. "How could she. Who is she to just do it randomly to me? What am I? An easy girl? Such a scumbag. She's an idiot. A freaking idiot!" she can't control it any longer and her tears are dropping non-stop. The last time someone kisses her is Yuri, and it reminds her of how she breaks up with her. "Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. They're both idiot." she keeps on saying it while wiping the tears off of her cheeks. However, it's totally hard to control her growing emotions--she sobs harder like she's the only person alive.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who had been looking for Seohyun since she woke up heard loud cries from somewhere. "Seohyun... " she feels like it's her cries, so she follows the cries, not minding where will it take her in the middle of the night, and in the middle of the forest. It took her good 15 minutes before she found the figure, and it breaks her heart to see her, crying alone in front of the sea. If it wasn't for the moon, she wouldn't find her.

 

She suddenly freezes when she recalls what happened. "This is because of me." she whispered to herself. "Aish, why did I did it?" And beats herself by knocking her own head again and again. "Apologize to her, Now!" But she can't keep beating herself to it, when she knows it will not be fixed if she's not going approach her and apologize.

 

Taking a deep breath, she slowly exhaled as she slowly but surely approached her. It took more than 20 steps before she stopped, just three steps away from her, and bowed so deep to show how much she regrets doing it to her. "Please forgive me... Seohyun-ah... " and apologizes loud enough. "I know I made such a big mistake, so please... forgive me... I... I really didn't mean it. I mean, I wasn't in my mind. I am so sorry. Please forgive me... " with sincerity on her voice. But she didn't hear anything. Her cries however have lessened.

 

Yoona slowly straightened herself and check if she's watching her. But to no avail, she drops on her knees this time and hangs her head low. "I'm not that kind of person to do it randomly to people, so it also surprises me that I did it. But I admit my mistake - it was all wrong. So please.. I ask for your forgiveness, Seohyun. I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... " she keeps on apologizing over and over again until the cries have vanished. She slowly looked up, only to be greeted by the latter's death glares along with her puffy cheeks and red eyes. "I'm... I'm sorry." She pouts and looked down again.

 

"I hate you."

 

"I know. But please forgive-"

 

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH IM YOOONAAAA!!!"

 

Yoona loses her balance and drops on the sand and is now frightened. "S-Seohyun... " she tried to say something but the mad girl made her immediately get on her feet and she runs away, as the latter chases her like her mother who is so mad after she breaks her flower vase or something. "AHHHH PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEEE!!!"

 

"NOT HAPPENNINGGGG!!!"

 

"BUT I'M REALLY SO SORRYYYYY!!!"

 

"COME HERE AND I'LL PUNCH YOU, YOU FREAAAK!!!"

 

"NOOOOOOOO!!!"

 

"IM YOOOONAAAAA!!!"

 

"SEO JOOHYUUUUUUN!!!!"

 

*THUD*

 

Yoona tripped on the sand with her face on it. She tried to get up quickly but a body was thrown behind, she meets the sand on her face again and before she could try to get up, Seohyun straddles behind and she grabs her head, pulling it and pushing it down to the sand. "S-stop it... p-please... " that it's starting to hurt her. She knows she made a mistake but she doesn't deserve this kind of punishment, where it will it danger her life, because the sand is now coming through her nostrils and she keeps doing it for the next couple of minutes. She gathers all her strength and flipped herself to the right side that causes for the younger girl t fell on the sand as well. She took the opening to push herself up and cough so hard, in order to release the sand she has gathered on her nose and mouth.

 

Seohyun is just too mad that she couldn't see the deer is apparently having a hard time to breath, she charge and pushed the girl down, with her back this time. Yoona automatically grabs her shoulders and pushed her to the ground, with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter