Double Trouble

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 | Double Trouble

 

***

 

"Unnie."

 

Seohyun got a little startled when someone touched her shoulder and a voice came a little husky. She hits her sister's shoulder lightly in return. "Why are you here? I thought you are helping Auntie today?"

 

"I did. But that was couple of hours ago. I thought of following when I learned this annual contest is happening today. And Changmin Oppa is participating though, how would I miss this?"

 

"Well." Seohyun just raise her shoulders and turned her attention back to the stage. "But they haven't started."

 

"By the way Unnie, I have asked our relatives earlier when I was on my way."

 

"Whoa, Chincha? How did it go?" Seohyun's head eventually turned to the left. "Did they confirm they know about Baby Apple?"

 

Yeri pout her lips and shakes her head. "None of them. I thought it's going to end our search already."

 

"That means, that Seo is not from our family."

 

"Absolutely." Yeri replied and sighs.

 

"We only have two hospitals left. I hope one of them has records of the name or nickname."

 

"One of our cousins told me to ask our Grandparents but how can we do that? When they already have passed away and we don't know about our grandparents in our mother's side."

 

"If they don't know about baby apple, I'm sure our grandparents don’t have any idea as well. So there's no use of that. Let's just finished our search soon. But hopefully we'll come home with details about her." Seohyun said with a sigh as well. She doesn't know why but she felt sadden because so far, they couldn't find baby apple. The fact that she's a Seo just feels like she needs to know as well. She's curious if she's like on her age as well. Not to mention, Yoona's reaction once she learned who this ‘baby Apple’ she’s searching is.

 

"You have the point too, Unnie. Wait, speaking Yoona Unnie, where is she now? I thought you are going to bring her with you?"

 

"I went back to that hospital when I learned about this but she wasn't there anymore. I guess she's already home."

 

"What?" Yeri is surprised. "How could you let her go back home alone, Unnie?! I thought you said we shouldn't leave a guest?"

 

"Yah! it wasn't me. I mean, she asks herself to go home alone. Since I told her I will be hanging out with Changmin. I thought it would be a good time for her to appreciate our town as well. So I didn't think twice and let her do what she likes to do."

 

Yeri shakes her head. "I'm so disappointed with you, Unnie. What if Uncle Jaesuk spotted her? She will seriously be in trouble." She said as a matter of fact.

 

"I don't think so. I know she can avoid her you know."

 

"I thought she has bruises when theg encountered? How will she do that when Uncle Jaesuk has friends?"

 

Seohyun mentally smack her head. "Damn, I almost forgot about that. Should I call her? To make sure she's okay." Feeling stupid because she didn't think of Yoona's safety and just left her.

 

"You should have done it a while ago."

 

"Aish! You can't blame me." Seohyun hastily took her phone from her messenger bag and scrolls down the contact. She immediately pressed the call button and mouthed 'It's ringing' to her sister while waits. She's glad Yeri have stored Yoona's number already and she can now call her on her own. "Why is... " unfortunately, the deer isn't answering.

 

"Why, what?" Yeri got confused.

 

"She's not answering, Yeri." Seohyun informed in haste.

 

"Omo, does that mean-"

 

"Don't even think about that. Let's not jump into conclusions right away. She's maybe just not hearing her phone. I'll call again later." Seohyun ended the phone call and sent the deer a message.

 

To Im Yoona-ssi: If you get this message, please call me right away. I'll be waiting.

 

As soon as she sent it successfully, an announcer's voice is starting to fill the entire place. Everyone including the Seo siblings put their attention to the stage as the MC is seen talking about the contest first.

 

"Do you think Changmin Oppa will win again, Unnie?" Yeri asks in a whisper.

 

"I don't know. But it doesn't matter if he loses. We'll enjoy this contest... And so as him." Seohyun smiled and gives her sister a light pat on her cheek.

 

"If only Chef Im is here, she will likely beat him." Yeri grinned and sister at the same time, nudging her in the process.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "That's impossible. She clearly told me earlier that she's going straight home. So I doubt she will even be here."

 

"Well, just imagine it, Unnie. If she's here, who will you route for?"

 

"What kind of question is that?"

 

"Yoona Unnie or Changmin Oppa? It's just a simple question though."

 

"No one." Seohyun replied firmly. "Because I'm pretty sure both are good at cooking and I'm also sure your Chef Im is not here. So stop thinking about like she's here."

 

"I was just-"

 

"Stop it." Seohyun rolled her eyes. Yeri couldn't help and giggle.

 

As MC started introducing the first three chefs, the sisters have stopped talking and returned their attention to the stage. Three Chefs taking their steps into the stage and started working on their dishes. Seohyun and Yeri are excited, as they know they both aware that the audience will have a taste of the every Chef's dishes, and they're two of the audiences that will give the Chef a score on their food. Their stomach are now grumbling the moment the smell from the stage. Everyone is like them, smiling like a fool, as they keep their eyes set to every movement of the Chef's hands while imagining the picture of their dishes.

 

Moments later, the sisters are enjoying their foods. But at the same time, they're taking notes of the taste of each food. If it's already good, not, or great.

 

 

***

 

 

"How would I know? Your Yoona Unnie has never come back to our school anymore ever since she graduated and left to the U.S.. Aish, I have to go. I'll see you around."

 

Krystal sighs in defeat after her classmate, who is also a friend of her sister's ex-girlfriend declined to give her a new number of the deer. Ever since she left home, she went to see all her friends that know Yoona's number before and ask if they have her new number. But none of them have ever told her that they got her new number.

 

Scrolling down on her friends' contacts again on her phone, she stopped at a certain contact ID, which made her curse. "." Because it's Amber, who is the closest to her sister and is also one of Yoona's close friends. And apparently, her ex. "Aish, I can't. I can't ask her." So she ignored her contact number and just keeps on scrolling. But she suddenly got distracted when a message was received. Her brows rise as she reads it, "Why would I click this?" telling her to click the link. She had no idea but she clicks the link either way. It only takes a second and the link loads into a browser, "My Yoona Unnie." her eyes widened upon reading the article and Yoona on the picture. She finally finds a light to her search for her favourite unnie when she can see the number of her restaurant being also posted.

 

 

***

 

 

"Ahhh... I'm finally back." Yuri fell on her bed with arms wide and a bounce. She finally had her bedroom back and it feels so good. She missed the smell, the fresh environment, and the balcony. "It feels so goooood to be back!" She shouted at the near end.

 

Suddenly, her phone beeps from her pocket, she fetch it out and sit up on her bed to check the message she didn't expect.

 

Did you arrive home safe?

 

It's the blonde girl that she just separated for an hour now since she arrived home. "This Zombie is really something." She said as she hastily replied while smiling unconsciously.

 

To Zombie Blonde: What do you think?

 

There's only a second and Jessica replied right away.

 

You were hit by a truck but can still reply to me.

 

Yuri chuckled and eventually thought of an answer.

 

To Zombie Blonde: Yeah, I am. How would I stop replying to you when I'm always thinking of you.

 

She didn't think twice and she sent it. She giggles as she lied down to wait for her answer that seems to be taking a little while. "Eh? I thought she's expecting my replies?" She felt weird and suddenly got impatient. But before she can send her something, she received the message she's waiting.

 

Really? Me too... I'm always thinking of you... of your monkey face that can easily be slapped or bitten by our bulldog. Hahahaha

 

Yuri didn't like it and sulk. "What a rude zombie." But she replied nonetheless.

 

To Zombie Blonde: I was thinking of you... thinking of when will I get to see you again and annoy you again and again, until your hair turns white. Then I will have the reason to send you white flowers.

 

YAH KWON YURI!!!

 

Yuri laugh out so loud, could totally imagine the furious face of the blonde. She's even probably throwing things around now and her father will be the one getting the slap because of her hot temper. "HAHAHAHA... I can't... I really can't... HAHAHAHA " she hold her stomach now as she keeps on laughing while turning her body from left to right.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri! Open the door!" Until a knock and his father's voice can be heard, she stopped and composed herself instantly. Getting up, she headed to the door and opens it.

 

"What's up, Appa. I'm baaaaack!!!" she never wait for her father to speak and greeted him with a big and tight hug. "I miss you damn, much! Huhuhu... " she cried, dramatically and playfully. "Don't you miss me too?" But she noticed, she didn't hear anything, except for a sigh from him.

 

Mr. Kwon slowly let go from the hug and informed his daughter. "I miss you too, but this isn't something for this. Someone is waiting for you on our landline phone. Go answer it and let's talk later." he patted her shoulder and casually left to his office.

 

Yuri has a puzzle look, but she went downstairs and answered her phone call. "Yuri speaking, who is this?"

 

[Miss Kwon, I finally contacted you. Aigoo, I thought I wouldn't able to do it. It's from the dog center by the way.]

 

"Eh? Didn't I left my phone number? You couldn't contact me?"

 

[Your phone seems to be shutdown?]

 

"Shutdown? I just... wait... what number did I wrote on my profile?"

 

[689223229975... ]

 

Yuri literally smacks her own forehead. "That's incorrect. I mean, I wrote down the incomplete number. Aish, I apologize for that."

 

[It's okay. I just want you to know about Huggie's condition.]

 

"Omo, Huggie. What happened to her?" Her eyes widened as her heartbeats started beating fast than usual.

 

[She's being taken to a nearby veterinary hospital after she was hit by a truck when she escapes the center. I'm sorr-]

 

"WHAT THE HECK! WHAT HOSPITAL IS THAT?!" Yuri screamed on top of her lungs upon hearing it and upon sinking it to her brain that Huggie, her cousin's puppy is in danger. And the fact that Yoona have trusted her to her, she couldn't imagine how she would react. "Araso, araso. I'll be there right away." she hastily ended the call and went upstairs.

 

"Why? What happened?" Mister Kwon heard the scream from his daughter and worriedly exited his office, asking her right away when she saw her going to her room.

 

"Huggie, Appa. She's in danger. I have to go in behalf of Yoona." Yuri did not wait for her father's response anymore and sprinted outside. 'Huggie, please be okay... please be okay... ' with only one puppy on mind, she speeds off on her car.

 

 

***

 

 

After just a quick texting with Yuri, Jessica never tried to open her phone anymore, as she busied herself putting her dirty clothes to the washer in a public laundry shop. Since she promised to her best friend she will be taking their laundries before she comes home, she decided to do it right now, while she's still free from work. She keeps on sighing however while putting all the laundry one by one, "When will I get to see my best friend again? I'm missing her more than that Kwon Yuri." feeling alone, now that there's no presence of the tan girl.

 

Moments later, she just realized the basket has no more clothes and finally she close the washer and take her seat to a nearby bench while she's waiting for it to be washed. "Aigoo... It's been a while since I have my massage." she can't help and massage the back of her neck and moves her head around. "That Kwon Yuri is the reason of this." She absolutely can say it, because the latter had been keeping up on her. She somehow smiled, recalling the happening last night and the last time Yuri spends her time with her family. "That Monkey though, how can she just ask for benefits when It's for me? Such a weirdo... but I liked it." she giggles but immediately composes herself when she noticed that few people looked at her.

 

Glancing to her wrist watch, she let out another huge yawn when she realize she has to wait for almost two hours before it completely finished, since she's using two washers. One for colored shirts and the other for white clothes only.

 

A sudden smirk in her lips when she thought of using the bench as a bed, and did she just lied down and use her bag as a pillow. A good nap wouldn't be bad at all, since her laundry will be taking some time. "Wake me up when September ends... " she utters before her eyes close and only 5 minutes have passed, she fell into a deep sleep.

 

*ding*

 

*ding*

 

Jessica opened her eyes forcefully when all she can hear are bells. Her eyes are heavy and are not ready to open, but she forces herself to get up. She stretched her arms wide and once again like she's just at home, a huge yawn escapes . She stands on her feet and walked to her washer, and started bringing out the white clothes first. "Omo. What the heck..." Much to her surprised, the dress that she wore last night is together with them, that's now causing a mess to her other clothes. The worse, the red dress is no longer like it used to. The entire dress has just turned white and some of her white clothes have turned red.

 

There's only one thing that's on her mind right now, Seo Joohyun will unleash her real color once she learned her favorite dress is no longer red.

 

"ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

 

The entire laundry shop have turned upside down.

 

 

***

 

 

"I... I'm s-sorry." Yoona just can't act normal anymore ever since she learned Seohyun is just right there, at the audience, watching her attentively, and here she is, accidentally dropping another plate. She hastily bows a lot of times in front of the audience and to Taecyeon who handed her another plate. "Aish, get on your sense back, Im Yoona. You need to win the competition." she told herself for the nth time as she continues on her work again. She can't however stop herself and glance to Changmin, who is apparently smiling while she's busy with his own dish. Then she even have some fans in the audience.

 

"Unnie, Himnae! You can do it!" But there's only one fan she has, in Yeri's form, who had been cheering with her since she started. She smiled at her but eventually turned shy when she made eye-contacts with Seohyun. The latter hasn't recovered her shock, and she's at fault at that.

 

Shaking her head, "Fighting!" she cheered on herself again as she resumes.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun had finally returned to her senses and blinks. "Yeri-ah, why is Yoona-ssi there?" she nudge her sister on the side without leaving her gazes to Yoona, who is apparently ont he stage, wearing an apron and a chef hat.

 

"To compete, what else is the reason, Unnie?" Yeri said as she takes her seat back. "Aren't you happy to see she's-"

 

"She's a real chef, unlike Changmin." Seohyun interrupted. One thing that's actually surprised her, Yoona gets able to join when she's a professional chef.

 

"What? You're worried about that?" Yeri doesn't like the tone of her sister. "Most of the contestants are also chefs." so she reminded her.

 

"But most of them are amateur, unlike your employer. She's freaking a professional Chef from the United States!"

 

"I don't think that's even necessary."

 

Seohyun took the paper from her side and showed it to her sister. "The criteria are clear. They don't allow professional Chefs, here. Therefore, she shouldn't be there." she firmly believed it. "We should stop here before anyone else could embarrass her, Yeri." she added in a whisper, careful with her voice to be heard by the others.

 

"Really?" Yeri took the paper and she checks if it indeed tells the rules. "They did put it here... but they have this registration form, right? Don't tell me she lied to it?" her brows raised towards her sister.

 

Looking back to Yoona, Seohyun heavily sighed. "What's... her reason?" she started to wonder, as she started guessing the main reason of the doe-eyed girl's sudden appearance in a competition.

 

'Mianhe, Seohyun-ah. I know you're surprise I am here... But can't back out anymore, knowing I could use this to help you with your debt.' Yoona thought, feeling all the intense gazes coming from one person only. Her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter