Red Dress

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 | Red Dress

 

***

 

It took almost three hours of riding on a bike, and both girls are now exhausted as they arrived at the flower shop.

 

"You didn't tell me it's too far from the hospital." Yoona said while massaging her arms and legs that she had been using for almost half a day. She can't help and give Seohyun a brief glare.

 

"You didn't tell me to stop and have a break, your fault." said Seohyun, sticking her tongue playfully. She then walked inside the flower shop, not waiting for any response from the deer.

 

"Aish." Can't argue, Yoona massages her legs and arms for the last time, getting up and wipes off the dust on her legs and bum. She then fixed herself and follows the younger one inside. She immediately was welcomed by the pleasant scent from the different flowers around. She almost lost her insanity as it gives her muscles to relax, something that she needed at the moment, after such a long distance she took just to get in the flower shop. Her lips then curved into a big smile upon spotting the young puffed cheek girl, who went out from another room of the shop. "You didn't tell me also that all the flowers here are so lovely and pretty, just like you." she spilled unconsciously as she slowly approached her.

 

"What?" Ji Hyun who appeared from Seohyun's back is surprised to hear it.

 

"Eh? I-I mean." Yoona stopped on her tracks. "I was... I was totally blown away by the flowers, Auntie Seo. It's really lovely and pretty. This place is really good." She shamelessly save herself, but all that she got is rising of brows by the latter.

 

"Get over with it." Seohyun rolled her eyes. "She's here to ask you something... so just spill it Yoona." she shrugs and turns on her back, as she heads to outside. But only to breathe in relief. "What was she thinking? Aish! Stupid." Because it never missed to make her blush with such comment or praise. She shakes her head and decided to busy herself with the flowers.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is awkwardly smiling while rubbing the back of her neck, couldn't look at the older one in the eyes,a fter what she said.

 

"Alright, what is it about, Miss Im?" Ji Hyun crossed her arms, as she finally brushed off Yoona's words.

 

"About that, can you refrain calling me that way? I felt older." Yoona favours, slightly uncomfortable.

 

"Fine, Yoona." Ji-Hyun rolled back her eyes. "Tell me about it now."

 

"I have no idea if you know about the person but... Do you by chance hear a nickname... Apple? Or Baby Apple, around this time? She's also a Seo and Seohyun told me you grew up here. So I thought there's a chance?" Yoona grinned and bit her lip eventually when Ji-Hyun did not even reacted to her. She's wearing a poker face, just like when she first meets her last night.

 

"You are saying baby apple?" Ji-Hyun carefully asked back, to confirm if she heard it right.

 

"Yup." Yoona nodded, putting her hands on her pocket.

 

"Why are you looking for that person?" Rising of eyebrows can be seen in the older girl's features.

 

"Um, I can't-"

 

"No you tell me."

 

Taken aback, Yoona made a little pause. "It's... It's because of my grandma." That causes her to be hesitant. "She-she... Wants me to find this girl..."

 

Ji-Hyun goose bumps. "Your... Grandma... She's... What's her name?" As something's tells her that Yoona is related to that woman who is a friend of her sister. Her heart started beating fast, as she anticipates for Yoona's answer.

 

"Im Eun Soo." Yoona felt heavy upon mentioning her grandma's name and reminiscing the times she had with her. But she holds back and continues bravely. "She told me in a letter that she meets these two persons in a hospital when I was sick... And they have become friends to-to the point... Where Grandma shared about me. And their parents also shared about their daughter. With her wish, I want to give the baby socks she kept for a long time and... Tell her how much she owe her parents for taking care of me while my parents are gone. As my gratitude also, I want to personally hand the baby socks." She ends it with a warm smile, hoping what she shared will be worth it.

 

Ji-Hyun had enough information to confirm, Yoona is that sick girl that keeps on crying everytime her sister leaves her side. She's the three years old girl that's really so playful, sweet and respectful. And she's that girl who would only fall asleep if her sister sings her a lullaby. That three years old girl also that doesn't want to go out the ward because she thought there's a monster and will kill her. And lastly, she's that three years old girl who accidentally steps on her foot while she runs around the ward. Ji-Hyun can still vividly recall it.

 

Sheknows everything about that 'baby choding' and of course, her niece that they call 'baby apple' because of her red cheeks when she gets cold and blushes too hard, she knows about them too well.

 

"So?" Yoona furrows her brows, doesn't know why Ji-Hyun suddenly got quite. She felt weird towards her.

 

"Um..." Ji-Hyun quickly returned to her senses, as she blinks and blinks. "I'm... I mean, it's nothing."

 

"Do you know about baby apple?"

 

"Baby Apple? Oh yeah, about that. I'm sorry." She decided to lie. "I... Don't know that person. Maybe you could ask another Seo in this town about that. Hold on, I get you guys some snacks." And before Yoona could react, she hastily left her.

 

Yoona is dumbfounded and at the same time, still feeling strange about Seohyun's auntie. She turned and watches her getting one of the bikes before she completely disappeared. "What's up with her?" She asked but couldn't answer it herself. She sighs and just brushed it off, as she followed Seohyun at the back. She immediately smiled to find her picking flowers in their garden. She didn't call her and carefully and silently approached her until she's behind. "What kind of flower are you?" She asked in a whisper way next to her ear.

 

Seohyun instantly turned to the source of the voice, only to find herself so close to the other girl's face, causing for her to freeze and widening her eyes.

 

Yoona's eyes also widened as her heart skips a beat. And she immediately leaned back, blinking her eyes so fast as her cheeks are burning. "Um... I was... It was... I-I mean..."

 

"Aish!" Seohyun hits Yoona's forehead and looked away right away, cheeks are burning as well. She started to pick flowers again, as she tried to stop herself from thinking over their near kiss.

 

Yoona pout her lips and rubs her forehead. "What are you going to do with those flowers?" She asked when she noticed the girl is picking them faster than earlier. "Yah! Slow down." She chuckled out of amusement. But instead of an answer, Seohyun moves away. "Are you okay?" Giggling, she moves closer to her.

 

"Did you ask about that baby apple already?" Seohyun quickly made a conversation, realizing the absence of her Auntie.

 

"Yep. Auntie sounds weird." Yoona didn't think twice and shared it.

 

"Weird?" Seohyun eventually finds it interesting and she turned to look at her face. "How can you say she is?"

 

"I mean, she got quite for a while and she suddenly told me she's going to get us food. She's like... She's avoiding me? Or she doesn't really like me at all? You know, she's the only family relative of yours that's not friendly as your sister and Uncle."

 

Seohyun trails off as she answers. "Just... Ignore her. She's maybe just tired." And she returned her attention to the basket that has the flowers she had been picking.

 

"And she also told me she's not familiar about baby apple. So yeah, we failed today." Yoona informed with a little smile on her face, disappointed that she didn't find the person on her first day of search.

 

"We still have another day. Don't mind it too much." Advised Seohyun, as she started picking flowers again.

 

"Yeah, I was only a little sad. Anyway, should I help you?" Yoona couldn't stay standing next to the younger one without doing anything. And she didn't wait for her permission and began her work like the younger girl is doing.

 

Seohyun wanted to decline but the deer is already helping her. She ends up smiling on her own and once again resumed. But just then, they both stopped when they heard the sky made a noise. They both looked up and finds out the clouds are starting to get dark.

 

"Heol." They both said so loud. But before they could run back inside the shop, the rain started falling from the sky. Seohyun squeals but as she tried to leave and go back inside, she stops halfway when she noticed Yoona started yelling and jumping up and down, then running around and around. "Yah! You'll catch a cold if you stay here!" she grabs her hand and attempted to drag her but the latter got a hold of her and she was drag instead, around and around the garden. "What are you doing?!"

 

"Come on! It's not all the time the rain will fall!" Yoona said and laughs. She took the other hand of Seohyun and suddenly spins her around, making the latter to squeal and tried to struggle from her, despite the rain now wetting them. But as she continued to insist, Seohyun got defeated and she childishly started running around as well. She smirked and follows her while arms are wide. "Wooohooo!!!" Like they're back to their teenage years or childhood years.

 

"Moooooreeeee!!!" Seohyun can't stop from making a noise as well, as got more reason to have fun.

 

Meanwhile, Ji-Hyun who just got back, wet from the rain as well, hastily checks the noise outside. But to her surprised, it only takes her back to the past.

 

Flashback...

 

Ji-hyun woke up from her slumber, just to find out the bed is apparently empty. She looked around the ward in search for her little niece but to no avail, she walked out and quickly told her sister. "Hyunnie is missing."

 

"What?" Mrs. Seo exclaimed and was about to ask her sister again when they both heard a familiar voice from nearby.

 

"My Yoongie. Where's my Yoongie?" It's Eun Soo, looking for her grandchild who is missing as well. "Did you guys saw my baby Yoongie?" She asked the two ladies immediately once she spotted them.

 

"Our Hyunnie is also missing." Mrs. Seo said as she holds her friend's hands.

 

"Let's find them around." Ji-hyun said and leads the two from searching around the hospital. They keep searching and searching, while calling for their child and grandchild, asking patients, nurses and guests around also, in case they found them, for the past 30 minutes.

 

Just when they are about to give up, Ji-hyun happened to passes the hospital's garden and she stopped upon realizing that it's raining outside... "Omo, they're here." and also finding the two and three years old girls, running around the garden with their arms wide, like they're playing they're flying.

 

Grandma Im and Mrs. Seo returned immediately runs to where Ji-Hyun is standing, and facing the glass two doors.

 

"What the heck are they doing?" Mrs. Seo gasped, worried for her daughter's health. But as she was about to reached for the door, she stopped half-way when she saw how Yoona kissed her daughter on the lips.

 

Grandma Im gasped and so as Ji-Hyun.

 

"Ommaaa!!!" However, Little Seohyun doesn't like it and she crouched down, crying so hard. "Uwaaaa!!! Ommaaaa..." while calling for her mother.

 

Yoona who was surprised just stood in front of the crying girl, doesn't know if she made her cry or not. She stood there, looking at her, in concern but couldn't reached for her.

 

Mrs. Seo and Grandma Im hastily went out and took the two into their arms and bring them inside.

 

"Bad, bad, bad, bad Yoongie!" Yoona told herself once she's in her grandma's arms and then she bursted into a tremendous cry. "Grandma!!!"

 

Ji-Hyun had nothing to say as she just follow the from behind, watching the two comforting their children. She smiled however, as she finds them so adorable, especially how Yoona kissed her niece and her reaction to that.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"Who would have thought they'll meet again after a decade? For sure they don't remember a thing about the past." Ji-Hyun is said as she warmly smiled and sighs because fate seems being playful for them. She's glad however that they're still too young to remember they've been in and out the hospital.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri almost loses her balance when for the second time; the door behind her was opened. She hastily composed herself and faced the blonde girl who just walked inside the guest room.

 

"So? Am I good to go or not?" She quickly asked her, since she had been waiting for any confirmation if she doesn't have to go with Jessica and have dinner with her family.

 

Jessica crossed her arms and exhaled so loud. "I can't change Appa's mind. He really wants to invite you for the dinner." She walked to the bed and sat down at the edge of it. "That means, you have to deal her interrogations later." She added in concern for the latter.

 

Yuri ruffled her hair frustratingly. "I can't do this!!! Why don't you just give him an alibi?" And takes her seat next to her. "Tell him that I have a stomach-ache."

 

"He will be the one fetching us. Are you going to act you are having stomach-ache?" Jessica creases her brows.

 

"Aish! What about... I have an important appointment? For sure he wouldn't bother to call-"

 

"He once did that with my friend. He literally called the person my friend mentioned to make sure it's the truth."

 

"I lost my consciousness and needs to rest?"

 

"What do you want me to do to make you faint?" Jessica wiggles her eyebrows, excited to do something for the latter.

 

"Aish! That's stupid. How about I have to go see someone in a hospital?"

 

"You don't want my father calling a doctor about this, do you?"

 

"Oh! Come on! Why don't you help me think of an excuse! I really, really, really can't go there. Especially that I barely know you, not to mention your family." Yuri stated as a fact, hoping Jessica won't be blind about it.

 

"Why don't you just go with me rather? Come on, you don't have to be scared. I'm here that you can ask for help." Jessica grinned, willing to help her driver at all times.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Yuri scoffed. "Or you want to kill me?"

 

Jessica chuckled. "It's not like that. I just want you to know that you really don't have any choice but to accept this invitation. Besides... This is your last day. After this day, there are no more chance you're going to see my family... Even me?"

 

Yuri blinks and blinks as she thinks of it over. "You promised?" And she's convinced with her suggestion.

 

"Of course." Jessica smiled half-heartedly. She's not really sure if she will not going to continue seeing the tan girl. She felt like, they're still starting and she's excited to know what will happen to them.

 

"Then help me right now. Tell me what does he normally ask and how should I answer it?" Yuri grinned.

 

Jessica pauses and recalled the time her previous girlfriend answered her father's questions. She didn't fail her father because Yoona is so brilliant and she got all the nods from him. Now, with Yuri in the situation, she's doubtful if the latter will answer it correctly. "First, tell me about your goals in life." But there's nothing about giving her tips. "Because Appa always like someone if he or she has sets of goals. He will not be disappointed if you tell him truthfully but he will be if you don't have any goals... Or he finds out you're lying."

 

"Just only that?" Yuri brightens upon hearing it.

 

"Your family background. He will also ask your family. What they do in life and how is your relationship with them. Also, your educational background. He wouldn't miss a thing and ask." Jessica informed as far as she can remember.

 

Yuri scoffed. "You should have told me he will only ask those questions. They're just a piece of cake." She smiled with full confidence out of a sudden.

 

"Really? Then I will expect for you to ace all the questions. Otherwise... You will have another day woth me."

 

"What?! Hell NO!" Yuri yelled disapprovingly.

 

"Then don't you ever let my father win. He wants to embarrass you in front of my family. So make sure he will be praising you instead of laughing it out. Promise me." Jessica quickly showed her pinky finger.

 

Yuri smirked. "Of course." As she tangles their finger and moved it up and down. "I won't ever fail you... You have my word." As she added Jessica let go of her finger and flicks her forehead.

 

"Ouch! Why did you do that?" Yuri cried and rubs her forehead eventually.

 

"Don't be too overconfident. Just answer him truthfully and be yourself. You don't have to impressed her." Jessica advised seriously. She can't afford to see someone getting embarrassed because of her father again. There's no way that will happen. "As much as possible, calm your mind and smile constantly, so it won't be like you are frightened or something."

 

"Frightened? You're kidding me?"

 

"You were asking for excuses earlier, what was that?"

 

"Oh that. Hahahahaha!!!" Yuri laughs out so loud. "That was just earlier. Now that I know what will he asked, I'm confident I can get through with this."

 

"We'll see later. Tsk, tsk." Jessica shakes her head and stands up.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"My room. I need to find a better dress to wear later. You should do the same." Jessica said and casually left the room.

 

Letting out a huge sigh, Yuri drops her body to the bed with a bounce. "Good luck Kwon Yuri." She cheered on herself, looking up to the ceiling with a confident smile.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica who went to her closet and started choosing for a good dress that she thinks will fit for the event suddenly pause when she thought of her best friend's dress on the next closet. She hastily opened it and a big smile appears on her face as she imagined herself to be wearing the dress.

 

But before that, she took her phone and called her best friend for permission to wear it.

 

 

***

 

 

Yeri just can't stop herself and keeps on checking the deer from their kitchen, cooking for their dinner, as what she requested. Not because she's good at cooking but because, she's wearing her sister's white loose shirt, since the latter only have few shirts left. She asked her sister about it and she's glad she didn't think it twice and let the deer borrows her shirt. She keeps on giggling and snapping a lot of pictures over her smartphone, enjoying the view of her sunbae.

 

Seohyun who just got out of the bathroom noticed her sister is peeking her head from their door, giggling strangely like a erted one? She got curious and she approached her from behind, but decided to peek her head as well, so she can see what's been keeping her sister by the door. Much to her dismay, it's because of Yoona, cooking for their dinner and that causes her to grab her sister's arm and pulled her in. "What were you doing? Don't tell me you have a crush on her?" She asked like a concern mother.

 

"Should I ask about that to you as well?" Yeri grinned earning a hit on her arm.

 

"No freaking way!" Said Seohyun and close the door. "You have to stop being fond of her."

 

"Fond? Or fan? I'm a fan." Yeri prou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter