Last Day

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16 | Last Day

 

***

 

"Are you okay staying in a house like this?" The question coming from the eldest Seo made Yoona stirred away from her meal, as she paid attention to her. "I was saying, have you experienced living in a traditional place?" She was asked for the second time.

 

She briefly wanders and made thumbs up only, as is full with rice and kimchi. Seohyun giggles and took a glass of water to place it near her. "T-Thanks." She smiled and gradually took it, drinking the water slowly but surely in the process.

 

"Aigoo, I should have told Auntie that we have a guest besides us coming home." Seohyun has little regrets to see that they can only afford side dishes and noodles and chicken soup as their main dish. If she has told her, she's probably going to cook more than their current meals. And the fact that they went home late makes it even worse, since there's no more time to cook for a lot of food.

 

Yoona hastily waves her hands in front of Seohyun. "No. There's nothing to bother. I'm okay with this. In fact, the cooking is already great. Your Auntie loves to cook, isn't she? she has good skills too."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun brightens. "Coming from a Chef like you... what an honour to hear it. Wait, I shall tell Auntie." She was about to get up when Yoona holds her hand, pulling her back.

 

"No need. I'm sure she knows it herself. No need for her to know I praise her." Yoona explained, flashing a friendly smile. "And... Don't go. Just stay. I mean, I don't want to eat alone."

 

Seohyun just complied and took her own chopsticks again. "What took them so long, though?" And mumbles while eating the side dishes.

 

"They shouldn't have bothered fixing a room for me." Yoona stated as a fact. She's quite shy that the Seo is treating her like some important person, when she's just Yeri's employer.

 

"You are joking, aren't you?" A soft chuckle left Seohyun's mouth. "You're obviously our guest. We don't want anyone to feel like trash. As much as possible, we always want someone to feel comfortable and relax in our home. It doesn't really bother them. They're willing to do it. So don't worry about it."

 

Yoona's lips curved into a small smile. "Okay." As she simply could say, speechless with the eldest Seo's words, flattering her deep inside. Who would have thought that a family can still be like them, in a modern world? She's definitely flattered to be the one experiencing their kindness and generosity.

 

"By the way, Jaesuk, you mentioned he threatened you. What kind of threat it was?"

 

"Just the same you can see in dramas... he wants me to pay for it... otherwise, he will do something to you guys."

 

Seohyun disappointingly sighed, though she wasn't surprise anymore. "He doesn't really stop."

 

"Why? I mean, if you may want to share. I would like to know the reason. It just actually bothers me until now." Said Yoona, in hope that she can learn a little at least.

 

"Ever since he worked with those loan sharks, he is like them now... threatening those who are around us... to force us to pay them the debt. I... honestly have been saving for it. And I promised I will pay them as soon as I got the money." Seohyun said with a proud smile. She's confident she can get the money with her own hard work.

 

"Why don't you call a police... or a lawyer." Yoona suggested. "I think that's illegal... forcing people to pay them and threatening others..."

 

"I did. And we even made a contract, that I and them signed."

 

"What kind of contract?"

 

"That they will stop from harassing us... and that they will only wait for us to pay. The contract is for five years. If we can't pay within those five years, however, they will already sue us."

 

"Five years? I thought the debt had been around for like... 20 years?"

 

Seohyun chuckled. "20 years? That's equivalent of my existence. Did he tell you that? Because that's not completely true."

 

"Eh?" Yoona blinks and blinks. "Then what... " She pause when she recalled Jaesuk's words, about Seohyun going in and out of the hospital, and that's the reason of their debt.

 

"50 million won is the debt of our house and the land. It happened when I was in high school, Appa is a farmer that needs to own a land. So he availed to loan for it." Seohyun explained, deciding to spill the reasons of their debt.

 

'So it's true that she doesn't know it's because of her?' Yoona thought, somehow convinced Jaesuk is telling the truth. "I see... " she nodded in understanding. "Where are your parents, though? I haven't seen them since I arrived."

 

The mention of her parents caused for Seohyun to feel a little sad. "They have gone into a better place now." she revealed in a low voice.

 

"Omo, I'm sorry to hear that." Yoona quickly apologized. 'No wonder Yunho mentioned she's already like Yeri's mother.' she had realizations.

 

"Nah, it's okay." Seohyun smiled again. "That was a long time ago. I just suddenly missed them."

 

"We are the same." Yoona finds herself sharing her it. "I haven't been able to see my parents since I left the house." But she put on a smile. "I'm fine however... Because I know... They're also missing me."

 

"Don't you want to go and see them? I mean, don't waste time and meet with them while they're still there. You know, we don't know the future."

 

"Hmm, maybe when it's time."

 

Seohyun got a little surprised with the tone of Yoona's voice that tells her something is going on with her and her parents. "You... You are not okay with them?" She softly and carefully mentioned it.

 

Yoona nodded as she looked down to her remaining meal. She expected for the other girl to hear more from her but she didn't. She felt relieved about it. But as she wanted to speak, they both turned their heads to the door when they heard the doorbell rings.

 

"Do you expect anyone?" Yoona raised her brows to Seohyun.

 

"Nope." Seohyun replied, getting up and heads to the door right away. But she was surprised when a pair of arms was thrown to her, freezing her in the process.

 

Yoona who wanted to eat her food pause when she saw heard a noise from the door, and her head turns, just to see a guy hugging Seohyun. 'Who... Is that?' and something suddenly felt weird in her heart.

 

 

***

 

 

11:30pm, a groan can be heard by a certain girl from the couch lying down. "Ugh, huggie... help me... " she begs, as she glanced to the puppy, that's sleeping peacefully on the floor next to the couch. "Help Yuri, Unnie... I can't sleep honey... " she mumbles helplessly. Despite having a blindfold, it seems her body isn't used to couches yet, even though she had slept on her cousin's. Or probably it's because the house isn't as comfortable as she thought? Not to mention, CCTVs are on to monitor her. "Aish." she put on the blindfold and tried to sleep again, as she crosses her arms on the process.

 

Unfortunately for her, it only passes for 10 minutes when she once again finds herself putting the blindfold down again and let out a frustrated sigh. "This is not acceptable." She sits up, grabs her phone and decided to text her cousin, hoping it will distract her and will be the reason for her to feel sleepy later.

 

To Yoongie: Still awake? What are you doing? I miss you cous :(

 

To her liking, the deer replied that instant.

 

From Yoongie: Wae? Aren't you sleepy yet?

 

A big smile appears on her face as she hastily replied.

 

To Yoongie: I'm in a stranger's house. I'm homesick without you. Please comeback quick.

 

It took a minute this time and she reads Yoona's message.

 

From Yoongie: Whoa, whose house?

 

"Some Zombies." Yuri said as what she types to reply to her cousin.

 

Yoongie: That Zombie is the girl you are talking about? Damn, what a sad fate you have there. Good luck ;)

 

"Seriously, she's not being a good cousin this time." Yuri shakes her head while typing her reply.

 

To Yoongie: I have no choice. Huhu. How about you? Where are you actually?

 

Yoongie: I can't tell. I'll tell you once I come back.

 

"She's being mysterious." Yuri chuckled lightly, as she leans her back to the couch and continues her conversation with her cousin. This time, she felt comfortable and relax.

 

Meanwhile, from upstairs, Jessica who hasn't sleep yet is smiling when she can see the tan girl is finally smiling while she's enjoying her chat with someone on her device. She's not feeling guilty now, unlike earlier. "Kwon Yuri... Why are you suddenly adorable?" She suddenly giggles, not leaving the monitor. Good thing her sister has already fallen asleep, and she can continue watching her without her nagging her. "Hmm, should I text her as well? No. She doesn't have to know I am still awake." She eventually dropped what she's tempting to do. "Aigoo..." She dropped her head to the desk and bumps it a few times before she looked at the monitor again. A huge yawn escaped her lips as she smiled eventually, watching Yuri, who is now lying down with her phone up, and was talking to it. She's obviously having a video chat.

 

She closed her eyes unconsciously as time passes.

 

-

 

6:00am. Jessica woke up with a big yawn while she's stretching her body here and there. "Ah!" A short cry was heard from her when she felt a pain over the back of her neck. But it wasn't a surprise for her as she finds herself waking up still in front of the CCTV monitor.

 

She rubs gently her neck, getting up and turn-- just to jump in surprise. "Jesus Christ! You scared me!" She literally put her hands on her chest upon being greeted by her sister, looking at her with those knowing glares. "What are you doing, it's still so early!"

 

"You stay up late watching her, Unnie?" Krystal crossed her arms.

 

Jessica blinks and blinks then travelled her eyes to the monitor, then to her sister. "I... Didn't. I just got here." She denied, shamelessly.

 

"You're such a bad liar, Unnie. Tsk, tsk." Krystal shakes her head disappointingly, turning on her body around and headed to the bathroom casually.

 

"You-You are not... G-going to tell Appa, don't you?"

 

"As long as you did not go out last night. You're safe Unnie." Krystal reassured before she closes the door behind her.

 

Jessica let out a huge sigh, and turned to check the CCTV again. Her eyes widened when she finds Yuri standing by the door of her room, pacing back and forth while holding the hem of her pajama shirt. Sensing something is going on, she hastily went to the door and opened it.

 

Yuri did not hesitate and she walks inside, looking around in search for a bathroom.

 

"What's wrong?" Jessica tried to talk to the troubled tan girl, but she was ignored as she heads straight to the bathroom. "Wait! My sister is there!" She tried to stopped her also but too late as she opens it and-

 

"AHHHHH!!!! CLOSE THE DOOORRR!!!" Krystal's scream echoed. "GET OUT HERE, DUMBA**!!!"

 

Yuri had her eyes widened but quickly close it before the youngest Jung throws anything to her. Her cheeks somehow turned red and she shakes her head, in attempt to erase the sight she caught inside the bathroom. "Ah!" Heck, she felt a pain behind her head, after Jessica smacks it behind. She turned, wanted to complain but the latter is already ready to smack her again, which quickly made her move away, to avoid the hit. Hastily, she rushed outside before the blonde can hit her again. "Aish!" And she had no choice but to enter the next room, locking it and went straight to the bathroom.

 

A huge exhale escapes her lips, as she released her water to the toilet, slowly but surely. It felt so good after enduring it for a long time.

 

Meanwhile, outside, Jessica is trying to unlock the door of the room with the keys on her hand. She felt really mad because of how careless the tan girl is. "Aish!" But to her frustrations, the keys did not work. "Yah! Get out here! NOW!" She kicks the door in the process. "You have to apologize to me and my sister! You don't have the right to see her in that situation! You DUMB FREAK!" She kicks, punches and kicks more the door, couldn't really give up that instant.

 

Her frustrations in beating her up is building up each second’s passes, until she just got tired and decided to head downstairs, flopped to the couch and exhaled exhaustively. She felt so weak after she realised she only wasted her time there. "This is what I got from bringing her in. Shouldn't be regretting though, I was the one who decided it." her heart melted as she averted her eyes to the poor innocent puppy, looking at her with her cute eyes. "You hungry now, huggie? Come on, I think I'll be able to cook only for you." she got up and walks to the kitchen, with Huggie in tow. "Your friend Kwon Yuri is just really a freak. We are not going to give her food later."

 

Yuri, who finally got out of the bathroom, stopped for a while as she looked around the room, in case Jessica will suddenly appear and grab her by her neck, or kick her out of nowhere. When she confirmed she's alone, she let out a huge exhale in relief and returns to the bathroom, fixing herself for a while in front of the mirror. Once she's done, she walked out the bathroom and before leaves, she peeks outside first, making sure no one would suddenly appear again. But seeing no one, she carefully walked out and lowered her body while she's tiptoeing, as she's about to pass the next room. Her heart is nervously beating fast until she reached the stairs. She continued her one step at a time downstairs, until she successfully reached the first floor, to which she heard a voice behind.

 

"Stop right there." And it's obviously coming from the youngest Jung, making her put her hands in the air and freeze, like she's being called by a police. She gulped nervously as footsteps from upstairs are now getting closer and closer... her eyes have to widen as she felt something at the back of her head. "Do you know what you just did earlier?" comes Krystal's stern voice, while holding that hair dryer, pointing to Yuri's head behind.

 

"Y-Yes." Replied the tan girl, who almost doesn't want to voice. But she remained strong and continued her words. "I-I... I'm... s-sorry about it. I-It's... it's... an accident. And... and... I was only in a hurry. Believe me... it wasn't my intention. So please... Have some mercy." Her legs began to shake she closes her eyes close when Krystal pressed the tip of the thing more to her head. 'Lord, please save me. Save me... Save me... Save me...' she keeps on praying until she heard a weird noise. She opened her eyes and blinks her eyes a few times. "What... Are you doing?"

 

Krystal is apparently using the hair dryer behind to Yuri's, and then she turned it off upon hearing the question from the latter. She grabs her shoulder and turned her, so she's facing her. She almost laugh at how pale the tan girl now. "Your hair seems to freeze." She said and put the hair dryer on her hand. "Tsk,tsk." Shaking her head, she just shrugs her off and headed straight to the kitchen.

 

Dumbfounded, Yuri slowly looked down to the hair dryer, and she stared at it blankly. She almost thought it's a gun or something that will hurt her. "Damn." Cursed her upon realising how stupid she was to think that way and to also think she'll end up blooded later. But she's glad to learn the youngest Jung is just trolling. Heck, she got what she wants, hearing her apologies. She felt a little offended, because she's freaking the teacher and she let her that way. "." But definitely she's has no power at the moment.

 

"Yah! You are eating or not?" The sudden shout made her quickly put aside the hair dryer and she hastily followed Krystal.

 

As she sat down next to an empty chair, across the Jung sisters who are enjoying their meal, she's agape to learn, she only have an egg and hotdog while the two has bread, ham and egg. "Is this how you guys treat a guest?" She unconsciously questioned them.

 

"You're not a guest in the first place." Said Krystal beating her sister with it.

 

"You saw Krystal in the bathroom, how do you suppose me to treat you well?" Jessica added however.

 

Scoffing, Yuri seriously felt so humiliated. But she got speechless when she saw their dark eyes towards. "Fine. It was my fault... I'll just enjoy this then." She took her fork and just started eating. But she stopped in the middle, as she realized in the corner of her eyes, huggie is enjoying her meal. "Sheesh."

 

"It's your last day, right? So make sure to impress me today, so everything will be settle."

 

"Last day as your driver, right Unnie?" Krystal raises her brows to her sister. She learned it last night that's why she half-heartedly agreed for the tan girl's stay.

 

"Yup." Smiled Jessica so bright.

 

"That means, she’s no longer having the reason to stay as well."

 

"Definitely."

 

Yuri chuckled. "You guys are indeed sisters." Earning smirks from them. "Evil sisters." She casually added, which caused the two to laugh together. 'Heol. Evil stupid sister, slash zombie apocalypse sisters.' she definitely loves what she's watching at the moment.

 

"Just eat up and drive me later again." Jessica said after calming down.

 

"I don't have class today, so I'm going with you guys."

 

"What are you? A bodyguard?" Yuri's turn to laugh, but no one's laughing with her. "Fine. It's just in a company though."

 

"Nope. I decided to leave for a day. So you can drive me wherever I want today." Jessica revealed, causing for Yuri to widen her eyes.

 

"What?! Are you kidding me?" Yuri raised her voice in surprise. "You can't give me a break, can you?"

 

"It's the last day, So NO WAY!" Jessica shouted firmly.

 

"Be prepared freak." Krystal giggles, having some new ideas on how to make her suffer for the last day of her job. As much as possible, she will do everything so she will completely leave her sister's life after this day.

 

'Sh*t. This is going to be a hella day.' Yuri can already imagine it.

 

 

***

 

 

"KYAAAAAAA!!!"

 

Seohyun and Yeri's eyes forcefully opened upon hearing a scream and squeals from the next door. Instinctively, they get up and rushed to the other side, only to find the door close.

 

"What is going on there?"

 

"Open the door, Yoona-ssi!!!"

 

"Open up, Miss Im!" The Seo's keeps on knocking, worried and wondering why their guest is suddenly screaming like she's afraid of something.

 

As the door opens, Yoona surprised Seohyun when she throws her arms around her. "Cockroach! There's a lot of cockroach inside!" telling her the reason why she's shaking and scared at the moment.

 

Upon hearing the reason, Yeri steps inside grabs the slipper nearby and searched for cockroach the doe-eyed girl have mentioned. While her sister is searching inside the room, Seohyun is staying still, couldn't move an inch, as the deer tightens her hug and her face is buried to her shoulder. She can feel how trembling in fear she is, but she's more than feeling how her heart is beating faster than usual, despite being frozen. She literally doesn't like what she's doing, but she can't push her away, knowing how afraid she is apparently.

 

As soon as she saw the three cockroaches on the floor, Yeri started catching them and beating them with the slipper on her right hand. They're too fast that she had to run and chase them around in every corner, for the next couple of minutes... until three of them finally caught the slipper, she let out such a huge exhale and wipes the invisible sweats over her forehead, as turns to face the two girls by the door again. "Miss... " she stopped half-way when she realized the deer is still holding her sister. She smiled giddily and approached them. "Miss Im, the cockroaches are already dead." she told her, so she will calm down already.

 

"Um... Y-Yoona-ssi... what... I mean... the cockroaches are... already... " Seohyun finally finds the voice, but she couldn't continue her words. She wanted to push her away now, but her arms are suddenly numb.

 

Yoona slowly calmed down upon hearing the confirmation. She opened her eyes and blinks and blinks, as she processed what's her current position. Once it hits her, she hastily moves back. "S-Sorry. I... t-thank you, Yeri." she couldn't continue facing the eldest Seo, so she hastily face the younger and thanked her with an awkward smile.

 

"Aigoo, what was the noise all about?" Yunho approached them with a huge yawn while rubbing his eyes. But as soon as he has cleared his visions, there's no one in front of him anymore. "S-Seriously?" He turned, just to see Yeri dragging Yoona with her while Seohyun is following them behind. "Those rascals!" He definitely can say it, as he follows them casually.

 

Yoona for the second time bowed to the Seo's Auntie as she takes her seat across her. She felt shy once again, but felt really welcomed with her warm smile.

 

"Do you guys ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter