::oo9::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No!" Rana protested, letting her backpack fall to the marble floor with a lazy thud as she crossed her arms over her chest to showcase her disapproval – no, she was throwing a little tantrum. "I'm not going to the club with you tailing me like a fly hovering over s."

V raised a questionable expression with her use of words. She obviously knew the deal when her father offered a trade with her in order for her to keep her night job – but why was she being so erse about it again?

"If I'm not going, then you're not going, miss." He simply stated, shrugging his shoulders as if he was telling her that it was her call. The club was not his scene anyway, he had absolutely nothing to lose.

The younger girl was biting her inner cheek to suppress her anger. She needed to find a way to ditch him tonight. It was enough drama with Jimin when they first met today. She couldn't afford any more eyes on her tonight.

"If you're coming, we're not taking the car. I don't want to get caught by my school-mate" The corner of her lips twitched for a quick smirk, pleased with her quick-witted thinking. If she refused to take the car, there was no other choice than the bike. He couldn't possibly want to ride a bike with her, could he?

"Sure, superbike it is."

Wrong! He was totally fine with it.

"You... can ride a bike?" She stuttered, obviously anxious now that her plan failed.

"I can ride a lot of things." He flashed a mischievous smile at her direction. Those words sent shivers down her spine as she stood there frozen, trying to process what he just said. She didn’t think that her plan could backfire like that. "Are you going to stand there forever, miss?"

He grabbed the keys to her white superbike along with a black leather jacket to put over his graphic t-shirt. He looked presentable. Enough to catch hearts in the club – more than enough to be honest.

"But there is only one helmet.” She exclaimed, praying deep down in her heart that V would change his mind when he realized that there was not enough helmets for the two of them.

“What are you talking about? You have more than one helmets” He chuckled lowly. It was so adorable seeing her flustered with her own tangled lies and anxious words being spewed out just because she needed a reason for him not to follow her. He actually went through the garage while Rana was sleeping soundly on the day that she met her father for the said ‘agreement’ and he found a couple of old helmets hung on the wall – dusty and untouched.

V took one of the dusty helmets and wiped the surface clean with the handkerchief he had on him, showing the statuary Rana the good-as-new helmet before putting it over his head and clasped the buckle under his chin.

“There. Snug like a glove.” He went over to Rana’s bike, grabbing the white helmet from the seat and striding towards the owner with the item in his hand. He stopped when he was close in front of her – so close that if Rana bowed, she would bump her head against her bodyguard’s chest.

Still not being able to say anything as scenarios constantly doing laps inside her head, V placed the helmet from his hands over her head, slightly crouching down to lower his body in order to meet her height so that he could see the buckles under her chin for him to fasten them. At this point, Rana was a frozen mess. The way he was so close in her proximity made her forgot to breathe and the way her tummy was doing half-somersault was just an added insult being thrown at her ego. He was so beautiful. She would hate to admit it, but her bodyguard was an ethereal definition of beautiful and masculinity mixed together as one and appeared as him, her living nightmare.

“You can breathe now, miss.” He joked as he straightened up his body, towering over her height as he stood.

“You!” Rana folded her digits in her fists, digging her nails into her palms as realization washed over her and brought her back to reality. Rana had his attention now as he waited for her to say something. “You need to stay a meter away from me, from now on!”

Unintentionally, she clutched her left hand against her chest as if that was going to make her heart beat less violently at this point. Hearing her request and the way she was behaving, V was quick to notice that he made her felt something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter