::oo3::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            After Rana’s class ended at 6PM, she decided to stay at her campus’s library with Jimin. Half of the reason was because the traffic was very heavy at that time and she didn’t have the full power to navigate her car through the traffic and another half of the reason was so that she could spend some time with Jimin to complete their team assignment. It was only after 9PM that Jimin insisted she should go back home before it was getting too late since she had to go back alone.

            By the time she got out from her campus’s compound, it was already quiet. There was barely any students around the compound and most of the lights had been turned off. It did creeped her out a little but she tried to play it cool. She looked around in the campus’s parking lot and realized that her car was not there. There was only a couple of cars left there and hers was not among them. It then hit her that she had parked her car in front of the café this morning and went to the campus together with Jimin with his car. The café was located just around the corner but it required her to walk a couple of blocks through the dark road alone.

            She fished out her phone from the front of her jean’s pocket. When she was about to dial Jimin’s number, she retreated her thought, clutching the device in her hand instead. She figured that she shouldn’t bother Jimin. It was nice enough for him to complete their assignment for both of them and staying late at the library just to do so. She shouldn’t put more burden to his shoulders. So she put on an adamant façade and walked through the night with confident pair of legs.

            Half way through the walk, she began to feel a little weird. The air suddenly became heavy, embracing her in a cold anxiety. She could literally felt her goose bumps began to perk one by one. It was as if somebody was eyeing her from the shadows. She stopped in her track – peeking on her sides from the corner of her eyes, hoping that it was not a stranger following her from behind. She didn’t dare to look back – instead, she picked up her pace. She could hear the double footsteps echoing through the night. She knew that the other footsteps sound didn’t came from her and it wasn’t from the echo either. It was somebody else. Someone was chasing after her.

            ! I don’t want to die here!

            Before she knew it, Rana arrived at the driver side of her black sedan. With trembling fingers, she quickly unlocked the door to her car and dashed inside, swiftly locking herself from the danger of the outside world. Her heavy breathing continued as her body tried to regulate the oxygen intake to stabilize her system once more. Her phone suddenly vibrated, ringing out her ringtone on full blast volume.

            “!! That scared the out of me!” Rana let out a relieved sigh, patting her chest lightly as if she was pacifying her loud heart. She glanced at the screen of her phone – it was her father that was calling. She gulped in a large breath of air before swiping the screen to answer the call. “Yes, Father.”

            “Are you home?” Her father asked from the other side of the line.

            “I just got inside my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter