::o11::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was going by so quick, he didn’t even get to blink. His focus was solely on imagining how soft and supple her lips would have looked like under the mask she had as she was closing in, diminishing the distance it had in between hers and his own. He could literally hear his own heartbeat increasing louder even over the loud banging of bass blasted from multiples of speakers inside the club. The smell that was emitted from her body was not doing him any good either. Well balanced fruity and floral scent that saturated almost effortlessly with her natural odor, along with the faint stench of alcohol dancing along at the tip of his nose, he almost felt a little light headed with all of his senses being lighted up this way. So he closed his eyes and let nature took its course.

“What the hell are you doing?” A high pitched voice bombarded Rana’s ears and soon came a hand snatching her by her shoulders just a split second before she knew her lips would have touched the ethereal looking man in front of her.

Eyes snapped open, V shook his head as if that would rid of the images he had inside his head. He couldn’t believe the fact that he had let the girl do as she pleased on him – even to the point where he was imagining her soft lips against his. He must had gone mad. This place was driving him crazy and most importantly, he had grown soft on her.

He saw Jennie spun the disoriented woman in front of her, raising her voice a notch higher than necessary and turning heads towards their directions. His VIP was at the center of attention and people were peeping to find out what was about to go down with the infamous DJ Cheshire. Her reputation was at stake and in the hand of this stranger he knew as Jennie.

“Have you got no shame in you?” Jennie’s body was quaking in anger and everybody could see that. “Even if everybody knows you in this club, that doesn’t gives you the right pass to just snatch anyone’s date!” Her orbs faltered on V’s owns. His expression remain stagnant as he witnessed the event that was unraveling after every attendees of the club.

“Your date?” Rana finally opened after a long impregnating silence from her. She was still disoriented, but being snatched the way she had experienced, her conscience cleared up a bit, trying to wake up and still herself. “Excuse me, but he came with me…” She shook her head, as if that would clear it from the throbbing pain she was starting feel, courtesy of the booze she had that had her acting this way. She couldn’t even think straight. Her knees had started to felt weak and before she knew it, she was a stumbling mess.

Just before she plummeted face down against the hard concreted floor, V had already caught her by her waist, hauling one of her arms around his neck as he propped her body slightly, helping her to stand on her own feet but still placing enough force on her to assist her legs with his strength.

“You came with me, didn’t you?” She grinned at him, tilting her head slightly to look at his face through her slanted eyes. She couldn’t see his face properly and the laser that broke out once in a while through the dark had affected her headache more than it should have.

“We’re leaving, Rana.” He spoke in such stern voice against her ear it sent shivers down her spine.

“Oh? You called me by my name.” She exclaimed, a small giggle trailed in her voice.

Clenching his jaws, V let out an exasperated sigh. The name just rolled out of his tongue so smoothly and it had never felt so right to call someone by their names. He never had a lot of chances to call people by their first name. It had always been ‘Sargent’, ‘Sir’, ‘Captain’, you know where I’m going with this. Placing his hand behind her knees and back, V scooped the woman into his arms, carrying his VIP out of the club and straight to where he had parked their bike earlier.

The aggravated Jennie watched her ‘date’ – as so she thought – helping the woman that she only knew as DJ Cheshire out of the club. Fame really did wonders to her, she thought. Just because everybody knew her in the club, Jennie felt so wronged by him. She couldn’t believe that for the first time in her life, she didn’t get what she wanted and V had been placed on top of the list of all the things that she wanted the most in her life.

The steps that were so strong and vigorous came to a halt in front of the white motorcycle, still with the woman cradled against his chest as he looked at the machine in front of him, unfazed and dumbfounded. His VIP had passed out in a blink of an eye, bag pack still strapped around her as he closed his eyes and tilted his head, apparent frustration sprawled upon his face. He was contemplating whether he should just dump the vehicle and make it back home by taxi but scratched the thought of having the woman nagging at him in the morning once she realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter