::o10::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you so much for helping me. You could’ve ignored me just now.” She bit the corner of her lips nervously, flashing him an awkward smile.

“You looked at me like you were going to cry. I had no choice.” He stated coldly, fishing out his pack of cigarette. It had becoming a habit. Whenever he was caught in a difficult, unescapable situation or when he was edgy, he would crave for cigarette. There was just something about the stale taste of the smoke being dragged at the back of his throat – it was just a calming sensation to him altogether.

“I’m Jennie.” The girl stretched out her right hand in front of her, flashing off her gummy smile. He was not expecting a smile so bright could come out from someone like her. Without such smile painting her face, she struck off as intimidating and if he would admit it – she looked a little stuck up without it.

V entrapped the tobacco stick in between his lips to free his right hand before extending it towards her, enveloping her own small hand in his. His facial expression was unfazed still as he nodded in acknowledgement and retracting his hand to light up the cigarette with the lighter he had in his other hand. “I’m V.” He muffled against the cigarette as his eyes trailed towards the podium, relieved that his VIP was still in his line of sight.

“Should I get you a drink?” Jennie wouldn’t budge from her position. She had taken a liking for the man. Knowing that she had gotten herself a big catch, there was no way that she would leave the club alone tonight. Someone as good looking as him – he had even saved her before. She couldn’t let him go just like that. With eyes looking at them – especially coming from the female club goers. Jennie just loved all of the attention that she was getting right then.

“I can’t drink tonight.” He only talk when it was necessary as he was already annoyed with the fact that he had to raise his voice a couple of notch higher just so she could hear him above the blasted noise from the speakers in the club.

“Why not? It’s the club. Why are you here if you’re not going to drink?” She tried again, this time pulling him slightly to the right side of the club so that they’re closer to the bar. He followed as it gave him a clearer view of the DJ on the podium. But he was beginning to feel irritated by this girl’s presence.

When V didn’t answer her question, Jennie went and ordered from the server and loitered around the area before her friends found her and circled the small table as they exchanged glances and words regarding the man. He stood out like a sore thumb in the middle of the club. He was not drinking, not even moving – he was just smoking, finishing off one stick after another.

Before he knew it, an hour passed. Jennie and her friends were beginning to show signs of drunkenness. Being the center of attention, the girls were not shy to showcase their dancing around V – in which he displayed exasperation on his face. Of course, the girls were hot. He could never deny the fact. Jennie especially was just right up in his alley – she was very attractive. The way she swayed her body in the skimpy dress that she had on was very alluring in his eyes. If it wasn’t because of his work, Jennie would have been the perfect girl for him to take home tonight – but V was not there to play. He was there to work. He had to constantly remind himself regarding that.

From afar, DJ Cheshire had her eyes on the dance floor – especially on her left side, the right side of the club where a group of girls were smothering over him – her bodyguard. As soon as she ended her session on the podium, she grabbed her items along with what was left of the alcohol mixtures of whiskey and coca cola she had been drinking in between her sessions. Finishing the remaining of the glass, she slammed the now empty one on one of the tables in the lounge and made her way towards the staff only access area where the rest of her stuffs were left.

“Are you drunk?” The manager extended his arm with the regular brown envelope in hand, her payment for the night. He raised a curious eyebrow with the way she was acting. She didn’t seem like she was completely out, but she did seem little bit out of herself.

“Pshhh.. Noooo.. Just a little tipsy.” She let out a small giggle, waving her hand in front of her to disregard his question. She was a little bit tipsy, after all she did down countless glasses of whiskey just to rid of the images she had been seeing of V and the girls. Little did she knew, all of that left in the bottle was barely a quarter. And that was within an hour – while she was in session.

“Let me call you a cab. You can’t possibly be driving like this.” The manager took his phone out and was enroute to calling a cab, all along while he had his eyes on her to make sure she didn’t do anything stupid.

“Don’t worry!” She pushed his wrist down, preventing him from furthering his action. “I’m here with someone.” She smiled at him as she hauled her bag over her shoulder, taking the envelope and shoved it into her bag. “Thank’s manager-nim. I’m gonna go for a little dancing time before I go home.” She let out another giggle before turning on her heels and made her way towards the club lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter