Chapter 1

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft, almost hypnotic, piano music filled the room. The lights were dim and the flickering candles lent added warmth and romance to the atmosphere. The lovely lady smiled shyly at the sight of her hand conjoined with that of the attractive man sitting in front of her. His warm hand gently held hers the moment she brought them to the table. 

He was speaking to her but her head was lost in the clouds. She was already naming their first three children and their two pet dogs when a crash at the end of the hallway startled her from her dreamscape.

Her eyes widened in fright when from the direction of the noise a human shape with inhuman features was awkwardly shuffling towards them. An eerie light was illuminating its horrid, puke green face. Its head was bent low and it was muttering something incoherently.

The lady screamed, startling the monstrous creature into emitting a bloodcurdling shriek of its own. The lady frantically grabbed her handbag and ran out the front door without even saying goodbye to the future father of her children.

The man could be seen banging his head on the table. His shoulders shaking in laughter. A moment later, he was throwing his head back and was gasping for breath. He was slapping his hand on the table top in time with his guffaws.

"That was epic. If she wasn't starting to bore me to tears I would be tearing you into shreds for ruining my date. But her eyes were starting to crossover when you came in looking like an ogre." He was laughing once again.

She looked at him in disbelief. "You didn't look bored to me. You were holding her hand when I came in."

"No, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter