Smile for me

Smile for me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For PraePanda on AFF (https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1412419)

You sat near the lake knees drawn to your chest. You looked out over the lake, tears b in your eyes as you tried to calm yourself down. You had just gotten into another fight with your parents about college and it had been a particularly bad fight. You'd been getting into so many fights lately and you couldn't bear it anymore, you hated fighting with them. But you also couldn't understand why they were asking you to give up dancing. It was your dream to be a professional choreographer, why couldn't your parent's understand that?

They never actually supported your desires to dance and saw it as a waste of time. You knew this from the countless times you asked them to come to your dance recitals but they'd refused claiming to be too busy. Thinking about those times, you began to cry, the tears in your eyes slowly making their way down your cheeks. You wished they'd be more supportive and give you a chance to prove yourself, but they never did. They thought you would have a bad future as a dancer and so they demanded you major in accounting instead of dance. They claimed you'd have a good and stable life as an accountant and should just let dancing be a hobby.

But you couldn't do that. You hated math with a passion, had never done well in it even when you'd put in the effort. There was absolutely no way you could see yourself becoming an accountant. You honestly couldn't see yourself as anything but a dancer. It wasn't an impossible dream for you, you were good at dancing. You knew it, you'd been to many competitions and had always placed first or second. You'd made it to nationals in your last competition and only hadn't gone to international because you'd fallen ill. Even so, at nationals, there had been college scouts around and you'd been approached by quite a few of them.

And one of those scouts had offered a scholarship right at the competition. Promised it to you if you chose their school. The scout had left you their number and a written statement guaranteeing you a spot at the school based on your academic standing which you'd been assured was good enough. You had wanted to bring this up with your parents when you got home that day but had never gotten the chance as they'd engaged in another fight. And ever since then anytime they talked about your future it would always result in an argument.

You were tired of it. You just wanted your parent's approval and support, but it seemed impossible to get. At the rate things were going you were almost afraid they'd kick you out if you didn't agree to the college they wanted you to go to and pursue an accounting major. There was just no convincing them it seemed.

"Hey Y/N, what are you doing here?" You heard someone call from behind you and heard them come closer. You quickly began wiping your eyes with the selves of your sweater, you didn't want anyone to see you crying.

"Y/N?" The voice asked as they took a seat beside you.

You didn't respond but were finally able to place the voice as you hid your face in your knees.

"Are you crying?" Hoseok asked sounding concerned.

You shook your head but tears still spilled from your eyes. You heard Hoseok sigh and knew what was coming.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Hoseok asked as he put an arm around you.

"Nothing Hoseok." You mumbled out but knew Hoseok wouldn't believe you. Hoseok was a classmate from school who was also in your dance class. Hoseok was an amazing dancer, and you'd even say he was just a bit better than you. The two of you were friends and often hung out after class. You'd gone to competitions together and even teamed up for some recitals and showcases. As such you were close to each other and knew a lot about each other, but you had never talked to him about your parent's disapproval for your dancing.

"I know it's not nothing Y/N. It takes a lot to make you cry, so what is it? It might help to talk about it." Hoseok pressed on as he gently lifted your head up.

You bit your lip as you stared at Hoseok with teary eyes. You hadn't talked to anyone about your parents and their constant disregard for your dancing. You didn't even know why you didn't, you just never brought it up with anyone. And no one ever thought to ask...mostly because you'd never been found crying over it.

"Nothing." You insisted looking away from Hoseok's sincere brown eyes.

Hoseok didn't say anything to that, instead he pulled you into a hug and let you continue to cry on his shirt. You were surprised by the action but soon relished

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter