18. Lilac

Gambling With Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing turned to look at the source of the voice that had suddenly made an appearance in Hana’s living room when his attention was directed towards a shriek coming from the only female in the room. He watched as she just collapsed, and Yixing stared at her in shock. Her anxiety attack wasn’t that bad that she was going to pass out, was it? Was he that oblivious to her condition?

He quickly rushed over to where Hana was lying face down, and he bent down slightly, hands on knees.

“Hana?” he asked gingerly. Out of his peripheral vision he saw Hansol put the food down on the table and follow Yixing to where Hana was lying. Hana merely groaned in response, refusing to pick her head up. Either that or she physically couldn’t, and if that were the case, then they would have a problem on their hands.

Hansol laughed, and he sat down on the floor next to Hana. “Puffy,” he said as he rubbed her shoulder. Yixing straightened up and took the chance to take in Hansol. It was his first time meeting Hana’s twin brother, but he felt like he already knew the man considering the multiple phone calls he had ended up listening in on. Even though, they weren’t identical twins and were incredibly different in how they lived, what with one being a serious detective and the other a fun-loving prosecutor, they were also quite similar in that they both worked day and night to bring justice to criminals and putting others before themselves.

Yixing could see the resemblance between the siblings through their visuals too. For one, they both had big eyes that seemed to shine under the light. Yixing had noticed that Hana’s eyes tended to show off her emotions quite a bit even though they didn’t show in her expression, and as he had listened to the conversations over the phone, he had often wondered if Hansol’s would do the same. From the way Hansol looked at his sister, it seemed like they did. When Hansol had first walked into the room and Yixing had been distracted from Hana, he caught a glimpse of mischievousness in the man’s eyes when Hansol made the comment about them having a “lover’s quarrel” even though he had a blank expression.

Looking at Hansol’s body proportions, despite the long coat, Yixing could tell he was fit like Hana was. They were also quite fit, yet lean. The muscle development was there, but it wasn’t quite obvious as bodybuilders’ muscles were. Yixing had to admit, he was a bit envious of Hansol’s extremely sharp jawline. He thought that he had a fairly sharp jawline, but Hansol’s was even sharper. Yixing resisted the urge to reach up and rub his own jaw in an attempt to make himself feel better.

They were quite an attractive pair of brunette siblings.

When he heard Hana moan, Yixing snapped out of his trance, and he decided that he should help Hansol in getting Hana up, so he also sat down on the floor on Hana’s other side.

“Hey, Hana. I saw you trip over the edge of the carpet. No need to pretend that you’re unconscious. I know you’re awake and well aware of what happened,” Hansol teased, poking her shoulder. Hana groaned in response before lifting her head slightly to speak.

“And who’s fault is it that I tripped,” she stated rather than asking.

“That doesn’t even make sense. Don’t try to pin this on me. You just didn’t see where you were stomping around in your anger.” Hansol seemed to have given up trying to wait for Hana to turn herself over as he put one arm under her and the other on her side to turn her over. Hana whined a bit, but Yixing could tell that she had given up as well and let Hansol turn her over. He had seen her take on Myungsoo, who looked to be about the same height and weight as Hansol, so she could probably have easily stopped her brother. She flopped over limply before blowing her bangs out of her eyes.

“Fine. I tripped. Happy?” she grumbled as she pulled herself into sitting position. Hana’s hand drifted to her knee, and she pressed on it for a moment. She moved to cross her legs, but they locked up for a moment before she relaxed slightly.

“I’ll get you an ice pack — they’re in the freezer, right?” Yixing asked as he heaved himself up and into the kitchen.

“Yeah,” Hana confirmed, startling slightly at his voice.

“How did he know that you would need one? I don’t think he saw you fall,” Yixing heard Hansol ask. Yixing opened the freezer and rummaged around the packs of frozen vegetables, frozen dinners, and ice cream bars until he found the item he was looking for with a soft ah-ha!

“Criminal psychologist, remember. Also, I was rubbing my knee before I got up.”

“Oh! He’s the dude who almost got killed!” Yixing wince

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter